Balance and ideas

EvilleJedi

I Dont know if anyone noticed this, there is a problem with weaponry balancing in the imp star destroyer and isd ships, I noticed that on the starboard side right

next to command tower all of the cannon were ion cannons and on the port they wer all heavy laser cannons.I mean if a rebelle ship came to the starboard side of the isdII It Will Outgun it espescially an MC Class Ship.

I guesse this just a balancing issue,(or maybe its just my mod).

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey EvilleJedi, is it possible for you to include an instant build option in the gametype? ( Of coarse, the unit cap would have to be low or else you would lag up a lot.) I want my destroyers quicker! :lol::lol::lol:
KotOR ROCKS!!!

Hey EvilleJedi, is it possible for you to include an instant build option in the gametype? ( Of coarse, the unit cap would have to be low or else you would lag up a lot.) I want my destroyers quicker! :lol::lol::lol:

Play reinforcements mode, unless you mean for normal facility gameplay &MP, if you just want it for SP get a trainer (Singleplayer only).

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/Chr0n1x/sig.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I checked and checked...and I kind of think that theres a small imbalance with the way the fighters are setup...specificly if you'de take the xwing versus a tie fighter. What Tie Fighters got going for them is speed(wich in max speed is pretty even), but better manouvrability...and especially numbers.

ISD's has 6 squads of tie fighters, or an addition of1-2 bombers and/or 1-2 tie interceptors instead of fighter squadrons.

But the enventual number came to 72 fighters.

And I read the standard amount of fighters in a tie squadron is 12.

http://galactic-voyage.com/Dark%20Side-Capital%20Ships-Imperial%20I%20Star%20Destroyer.htm

I checked the ships stats and the tie's only have 12 health given to them..while xwings have 75.

The shield recharge rates, arent they a bit fast? I mean...the Ywing regens so fast...you need to pound it so much at the same time..or it's back to normal.

I would like for starfighters to have a bigger in a fight in general, instead of all the capital ship engagements all the time.

The fighters...their speeds are quite allright, but overal manouvrability is off the charts I think. I saw a TIE turn a 180 in a blink of an eye.

Can't we adjust the settings so it's just as fun watching a dogfight happen as it is a capital show off? I mean..star wars dogfights are intended to feel like WW2 scenarios

• 3 weeks later...

I think a "fighters only" setting should be put in. This way you can have large fighter craft engagements without the disruption from the capital ships.

Who doesnt want to see hundreds of Xwings go up against hundreds more TIEs and what not, in one big dog fight?

To be honest ...I'de like to see long lasting dogfights, dodging and strafing between objects and ships....just between 2 squadrons. Bigger isn't always better , we need to spend more time zoomed in and enjoying the show, instead of always hurrying up and clicking.

I understand that another release is on the horizon, so few new ideas are probably going to be considered, but I have one that might be good.

How about implementing the "Bounties" option from HW1 (also implemented in the HW Classic Rebalance Mod)? This would tie in with the Reinforcements gametype as another way to generate credits besides just hiding and waiting for a resource infection.

• SWR Staff - Executive
Well longer dogfights, you'd have to up all the fighters stats. In relation, you should have to up all the rest of the ships too.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• SWR Staff - Executive
So just make weapons less accurate. I don't think it'd matter that much, fighters tend to die quickly. When you have a lot of fighters, that adds a lot of ships that HW2 has to track. The AI would really slow down the system

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

TFR-Ghost no slamming other peoples machines please it's not necessary to get your point across talking like that isn't fair against whoever you directed the comment at if i were you i'd think about apologising but thats up to you.

However back to the topic... I too would like to see a greater role that fighters could play as i find myself after about an hour forgetting that they exist maybe a new game type as was suggested seems like a good idea to me :D

Tom

No Archibald you cannot fly me home! Especially because that which you are sitting in is a tin foil covered, card board box.

I am sorry if anyone was offended by my previous comment, my reasoning for saying that was because I felt that my suggested number of fighters was a reasonable number for almost all machines to handle these days with not much of a problem. For those of you that are less fortunate, I apologize for my actions.

Now back on topic *without the slaming of other people of course* I think that maybe increasing the squad sizes to 12 fighters per group (reason: a full squadron is 12) and increasing the HP of the fighters a little may help solve the problem of large ships taking out tons of fighter squads on their own. This way there will be a greater incentive to use fighters.

My brother has always said he wanted 12 fighters in a squad he's a big moaner really but he's got a point. However i can see this changing the gameplay completely myself because of the greater number of fighters present on the battlefield and in some cases dramatically increasing the payload of missle/torpedo/rocket carrying squadrons thus also increasing the striking power of that squadron making cap ships almost vulnerable to the point where if you did raise hp and shield stats even a little you'd find fighter screens just running a mock through and entire fleet or destroyers and cruisers. Thats my personal opinion anyway.

p.s. kudos to TFR-Ghost for apologising and making his point clearer :D

No Archibald you cannot fly me home! Especially because that which you are sitting in is a tin foil covered, card board box.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I dunno if anyone mentioned this before, since I'm too lazy to read through the many pages of this thread.

I love this mod, really. However, I've found that there's one major issue,and that's resource gathering. I'd like to see the limit of Mole Miners go up from 20, since that's really not enough to supply the kind of cash that especially the Empire needs in the late game. Both fleets have kickass cruisers, but I can never BUILD them because I'm too busy churning out Destroyers to keep up with the CPU. I think that having 40 rather than 20 mole miners would help this issue.

Of course, I could just be bad at resource management.

Another thought is this. All of the maps except Mon Calimari don't really have decently grouped resource pockets, but are instead spread all too randomly around, or are bunched in the centre where eventually all the players meet and have a numbers based slugfest. I think that more variation in map types would fix this problem.

~Resident Warlords Curmudgeon

• SWR Staff - Executive
Most people just play with resource injections anyway

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

I play reinforcements, 100k start, 50k lump sum (variable, depending on game), no injections. Makes it akin to a tabletop game rather than an RTS.

Sirocco, when you load is there an option for Warlords o.45 in Game type?

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm perhaps a better boarding/capturing procedure that would make certain larger cap ships more vulnerable than others and so on furthermore I was wondering if it is possible to change the code so captured production vessels could actually build enemey ships so it would be possible to say capture a Imp fighter factory and start building imperial ships. Just a though post back you thoughts on this. Thanks in advance :D

Tom...