So, now what

Warb_Null

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upscale is good. Gigantic Viscount for the win!

The scale of the models when I get them has little correlation with how large they will actually appear ingame; I have a separate resizing application for that (it's in the meshes folder).

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Sorry about that. When i build a model i pay no attention at all to the scale of it in relation to other models. In EaW it's just a matter of adjusting the scale factor in the games XML.

The upscaling was unintentional. I re-imported the model i exported for use with EaW (this seems to work best for fixing those texture errors) This must have thrown the scale too.

Here is the CIS starbase level 1 and 5

http://speedy.sh/Rhfuj/CIS-Starbase.rar

Credit goes to Z3r0x

I also included a pic of another starbase i forgot about. It is the raxus facility from The Force Unleashed. Might be usefull

Could you send me the model of the ISD so i can make the Tector from it.

Some of the Vong models have seams/holes that need fixing; offhand I'm aware that the Scout Ship, Vua'spar, and Ro'ik Valh have them. Will upload pictures of what I mean if necessary. The Ro'ik Valh also needs to have coral branches added to it; the exact number/amount isn't of great importance. If you'd prefer to redo the models yourself, you are more than welcome to. I'll get you their meshes asap. As well, the Vua'spar/Sh'rip Sh'pa "crystal" skin needs work; the current one looks like terrible. This can be found in the texture file CRUISER_VNGSHRPSHRPA_HULL_CL.dds it's the white part of the file; and for reference it's just a version of the dovin basal that's been put through a few filters. The general pink/rose skin of the Vong also could use some work, as of now it's just an edited version of the old gray one that I put together. For that one all I need is the CL of the flesh portion with dimensions of 1024x1024; I can add in the dovin basal and coral sections afterward. Finally, I'd also like to request a Worldship model; it will be approximately Executor/Viscount size length wise and will replace the Battleship as the Vong's supercap.

Edit: For the Tector, what skins did you use? Edit 2: Never mind; figured it out. And boy am I glad that 3DS Max exports polygon groups well; makes my rigging job a lot easier. Edit 3: For some reason the Tector still has a hangar.

I kept the forward hangarbay, i thought the tector only lacked the large main hangar. I can take it off to if you want.

Oke, send the vong stuff and i'll get on it.

Did you know there is a vong mod for EaW underway? As it happens i'm part of that mod too but only for the non-vong part of the mod. They have a large number of models but are still in the proces of skinning. The mod-lead ,Burtstrobe, is handeling that. I've been assisting him with his UV-ing. I think he won't mind sharing his models.

I kept the forward hangarbay, i thought the tector only lacked the large main hangar. I can take it off to if you want.

Lacked both; would appreciate it.

Oke, send the vong stuff and i'll get on it.

Will do so a bit later today.

Did you know there is a vong mod for EaW underway? As it happens i'm part of that mod too but only for the non-vong part of the mod. They have a large number of models but are still in the proces of skinning. The mod-lead ,Burtstrobe, is handeling that. I've been assisting him with his UV-ing. I think he won't mind sharing his models.

Wasn't aware of this; this would be of great assistance and would work as well. In addition, if we could be of any assistance to them, I'd be happy to import some of the other .mesh models for 'em.

Thanks again for the Tector. And sure, I'll contact Burtstrobe myself.

Here's all the Vong ships, they're in worse shape than I figured. Some of them, like the Gunboat, have small holes which are hard to see, and if you have any difficulty seeing/finding them, tell me and I'll take screens right away. Also, the Suuv Ban D'Krid doesn't have any holes but it has another odd issue; an odd seemingly corrupt portion of the coral sticking out where it shouldn't. Picture here for reference.

I'd also like to request the Empire Station you've done; I think it would make a nice addition as the Imperial's trade port (something akin to a customs station).

The general pink/rose skin of the Vong also could use some work, as of now it's just an edited version of the old gray one that I put together. For that one all I need is the CL of the flesh portion with dimensions of 1024x1024; I can add in the dovin basal and coral sections afterward.

Here are the fixed vong models, a modified crystal texture and the empire station.

http://speedy.sh/qjYBX/Vong.rar

The holes in the ships aren't realy holes but polys facing the wrong way.

what do do you mean by pink/rose skin in the above qoute? the part of the texture that's in the upper right corner of most vong ships ?

WarbNull

Just a question from a player,

How hard would it be to have one or two s/c on a flight deck model getting ready for take off?

It always bothered me the lifelessness of flight decks in the Sins universe.

Thanks for your great input to this mod.

Here are the fixed vong models, a modified crystal texture and the empire station.

http://speedy.sh/qjYBX/Vong.rar

The holes in the ships aren't realy holes but polys facing the wrong way.

Awesome, thanks! I should be able to get these in today. Also I talked with Burntstrobe, their Vong modeler isn't releasing any of his models until the mod is released, so I'll wait until then for the Worldship.

what do do you mean by pink/rose skin in the above qoute? the part of the texture that's in the upper right corner of most vong ships ?

The main skin of most Vong ships. The texture excluding the upper right corner and upper middle portion of most Vong ships.

I'm sorry about that, i must be losing my eyesight.

found and fixed a few more holes.

http://speedy.sh/Qszrx/Vong.rar

i modified the pink texture. (no bumpmap yet) see if you like it. it looks nice on the gunship IMHO. I got a bunch more rock/coral/mud textures, do you want the same texture on multiple ship or do you want a different look for different ships?

That skin looks awesome; tweaked it's color, made the bump map, and it looks great. I wouldn't mind using different textures; more of this sort of rock-like texture would be great. Plus I would love to see the various coral skins you have, and an alternative and/or compliment to the current coral used. Also, while I only used the Scout Ship and Gunboats as examples of the "oddness", it's something that was sadly present in all of the models that you sent me previously.