So, now what

Warb_Null

Woah you're fast. It looks really, really nice. Well done! Would it be possible to make the side turrets' barrels parallel to the ground, rather than to the ship itself?
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I'm wondering Warb, if you aren't extremely busy with new stuff (funny joke I know), perhaps you could make some debris stuff for ships? By that I mean, imagine the individual "sections" of an EaW death animation, but having each separate part as their own mesh. As in Sins you can have specific debris, so you can have death animations, but ones that are randomized, versus the predictability of EaW.

So the debris should be unrecognizable as for from what ship it came from. Just generic debris?

Meanwhile, here is a completely un-asked for fix for a very minor anoyance. The icons for the purple asteroids were change to green a while back but not the asteroids themselves. Well, ta-daa. Now the are

http://speedy.sh/SyYUg/crystal.rar

I'm thinking ship-specific actually. Like the front and rear halves of an ISD, but with chunks of it missing, like say one of the two shield generators. While not entirely what I have in mind, due to the ships being in one piece and the weird fire effects, this is a decent example.

Edit: Much thanks for the 'roid fix!

I've done wreckage before but those are made as props and and have a much higher poly count than the ship they are made from.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/Darth_Thistle/wrecks_zpsadfdab2f.jpg

I take it soge wreck need to be much lower poly. And how about textures? I can dirty up the textures but will nearly double te texture load for the mod, or use a few generic damaged hull textures but that might not look all that great.

Those look really, really nice. Though yeah, as you said, they're very high poly, and I assume they are also one single model; both of these, the latter in particular, make it unsuitable for Sins. That being said, here's a better example of what I mean, with reference to a snapshot of an EaW death animation:

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad33/Lavo_02/SoGE/corona-die.png

What I have in mind is more along the lines of having parts of the ship, as in the image above, chopped off into individual portions.

This would also save on the texture load as the meshes could reference the ship's main textures. In fact, to go back to this Corona example, the "parts" that make up the ala file would work perfectly, as SoGE's Corona was taken from this EaW mod. If you've ever done ala death animations for your own ships, I would theorize that you could extract specific debris from those, versus making something new, for example.

Edit: Figured I'd see if I could in fact rip portions from an EaW death animation, and it seems to partially work, as I could get the portions, but of course they aren't 100% done.