So, now what

Warb_Null

I would, personally, very much like a new second-tier capital for the Imperials - nobody uses the Torpedo Sphere anyway. I see no reason to remove the Command ship or the Tector, and instead make the Allegiance a bridge to the Executor (more firepower than the Command or Tector, SUBSTANTIALLY less than the Executor), etc. We can generally say from the Dark Empire comics that the Allegiance was roughly 3 to 3.5 km long (let's call it double an ISD, for ease) with much more breadth and depth. It'd make a good third capital ship and first supercap for the Empire, and make them more capable of competing late games without an Executor.

Let's face it, the Empire faces a handicap no other race faces - their one decent supercap is prohibitively expensive for most games, and any other race's first, moderately powerful supercapital can lay waste to their fleets. The Allegiance, already gorgeous in its own right, would fill a needed role.

Now that I see your post, I can see that you and MrPhildevil were referring to that odd smaller SSD in the Dark Empire comics.... I'm used to calling it the Imperial-class SSD, so I admitadly didn't figure out what you meant at first. While I feel somewhat hesitant, due to it's era, I do admit that there is a need for a "bridging" supercap for the Imperials and it's a similar case to the the MC80B in that regard. Though it'll be a pain in the rear to rig, heh. MrPhildevil, is that first picture in your post one of EJ's?

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance the NR could gain a new capship with all the love going on around

here? They have just two...before we ramp up to the two heavyweights.

No. Two capital ships and supercaps is enough. Their supercapitals are among the best in the game; the Rejuvinator is the best of the CnC capital ships, sans the Jedi Venator, due to the superiority of Battle Meditation. The MC90 is the second best capital period, only being bested by the MC80 Liberty, due to the latter's superior redundant shields. It will be even better once I fix up the autocast conditions for all the Backup Shield abilities and Sacrifice.

I have EvilleJedi's Allegiance model if you want.

I also have very nice models of the Galaxy class carrier and strident destroyer based on drone04's art shouls you change your mind on the NR capitals :D

In the mean time here are the freighters to keep you entertained

http://speedy.sh/R7qyj/Freighters.rar

Question, the CIS base has some girders on it. in eaw i can give that a different shader so it becomes see-through except for the girder bits. Is something like that possible in sins? I can't recall having seen it anywhere

adding more ships means more hard work for lavo to balance everything.

that said, I <3 MOAR ships, especially top tier ones. more expensive and more powerful = MOAR fun to me. one of my all time favorites is the eclipse ssd, hint hint.

I have EvilleJedi's Allegiance model if you want.

I'll take it. Even if I don't get to rigging it now, I'll eventually slap it in.

In the mean time here are the freighters to keep you entertained

http://speedy.sh/R7qyj/Freighters.rar

Hah, just in time for 2.0E! Also, a little nitpick, but for future DA maps, can you copy green channel and use that as the alpha channel? As that's what's needed for 'em to work right.

Question, the CIS base has some girders on it. in eaw i can give that a different shader so it becomes see-through except for the girder bits. Is something like that possible in sins? I can't recall having seen it anywhere

I don't think it's possible to do that in Sins, except for possibly with a particle effect, though I really would not know personally. Maybe you could give that portion an exclusive/special part of the skin? I'd suggest asking on the Sins forum.

I'll take this opportunity to announce that 2.0E will be released earlier than expected, within the next two days. This, sadly, is due to circumstances which have recently arose, which I won't get into. There won't be as much in 2.0E as originally planned, namely the Jovan, among other things, but it'll do. I will most likely become extremely inactive, in terms of beta updates, in the few weeks after it's release.

Is there any chance you can post pictures of the Galaxy-class and the Strident? I'd LOVE to see them.

Strident :

http://empireatwar.filefront.com/screenshots/File/118214/1

Galaxy :

http://empireatwar.filefront.com/screenshots/File/118026/1

They shouldn't be added if it upsets the balance though. More ships is nice, balance is nicer.

Hah, just in time for 2.0E! Also, a little nitpick, but for future DA maps, can you copy green channel and use that as the alpha channel? As that's what's needed for 'em to work right.

Sorry, did not know that. I will see to it in the future.

I'll take this opportunity to announce that 2.0E will be released earlier than expected, within the next two days. This, sadly, is due to circumstances which have recently arose, which I won't get into. There won't be as much in 2.0E as originally planned, namely the Jovan, among other things, but it'll do. I will most likely become extremely inactive, in terms of beta updates, in the few weeks after it's release.

Hope everything is ok. Your holding this whole thing together. :D

Galaxy :

http://empireatwar.filefront.com/screenshots/File/118026/1

They shouldn't be added if it upsets the balance though. More ships is nice, balance is nicer.

I'll take this; once it gets rigged up eventually it will be used as the Rejuvinator's mesh. As there's no official picture for either of these, I can put it in without issue. It's also a stunning model. Admittedly it won't be put in right away, the Jovan, Mediator re-rig, and Allegiance will come first, among others.

Sorry, wasn't there for the preceding 3 days. But I think you got my meaning anyway. I did not have a precise pic of EJ's model, but it's good that Warb had one. And about being inactive... man, you so deserve a break! You've worked on this baby like a pro and one layer of polishing ain't waiting for the next one, so that's good enough for me.

Wow....that ship looks great.

Could someone rig up a planet that looks like a death star?

It doesn't have to do anything...in fact it could be considered under construction.

Make it the rarest of planets file wise and even if two or three shown up on the map who cares? Imagine having a battle over the Deathstar!

Of course it would be uninhabited.....or would it

Could someone rig up a planet that looks like a death star?

Lol...

To take EV's go do it yourself attitude...

If you really want to, I'm sure you could find yourself a deathstar model and make a planettype... ;P

Personally, I side with lavo tho... It would be way cool, but would take a while to do... a while that we don't have...

Hey warb, just like to say thanks... I've been a EaW fan for *counts to self* way too long... and your modeling skills are amazing. It's great to have a good modeler on the team.

Sins of a Galactic Empire Mod Team Staff

Thanks. I should have signed on a lot sooner but i figured, with EvilleJedi on the team you don't need another modeller. I'm glad i can contribute to this great mod.

Nah, we've been working without a modeler for over a year until you came along. I'll get the Viscount in today, either with a temporary rigging job or a full one; I planned to do it during my break earlier today, only to find out that my netbook doesn't have a large enough resolution for Softimage or some crap, which was disappointing. Edit: Actually I'll just do a good job of it tomorrow.