List and Observations in BETA testing

Planetkillerzz

sorry if this has been asked before but it seems like refineries don't always work in providing crystal. the first time this happened i thought it was just a random glitch but ive seen it again recently on one of the planets that you "need arctic exploration" to colonize which had about 6 crystal extractors and about 4 metal ones. i built a bunch of refineries to try and get more crystal but they only seemed to provide metal.

Some planets do not have a refinery bonus. Odds are that is one of those planets.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry if this has been asked before but it seems like refineries don't always work in providing crystal. the first time this happened i thought it was just a random glitch but ive seen it again recently on one of the planets that you "need arctic exploration" to colonize which had about 6 crystal extractors and about 4 metal ones. i built a bunch of refineries to try and get more crystal but they only seemed to provide metal.

Some planets do not have a refinery bonus. Odds are that is one of those planets.

is there some way to tell before building refineries? or you just have to build 1 first and see if it works?

is there some way to tell before building refineries? or you just have to build 1 first and see if it works?

Look at the mines themselves; they will say how many refineries they can support. It's a ratio; which before you build refineries tends to be 0/3 or 0/0.

Look at the mines themselves; they will say how many refineries they can support. It's a ratio; which before you build refineries tends to be 0/3 or 0/0.

thanks! i never noticed the quota before for some reason.

The sound file that plays whenever a metal/crystal is bought or sold is the loudest bass sound in the game. THUD,THUD,THUD.

Can you make it a little more..um Star Wars? Like a lightsaber swoosh or something?

One more annoying question...How come there is never a Millennium Falcon in any Star Wars mods? It could be a uber ship for the one of the sides...

• SWR Staff - Executive
There's not going to be any kind of Hero ships - ala Millennium Falcon. This is because this mod is dedicated warships. I could see some YT-1300s being used as freighters though.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

The sound file that plays whenever a metal/crystal is bought or sold is the loudest bass sound in the game. THUD,THUD,THUD.

Can you make it a little more..um Star Wars? Like a lightsaber swoosh or something?

The thud kinda does fit as it's a mine. :P This isn't hard to fix however; just need a new sound file (in ogg).

I've thought before that the YT-1300 freighter ought to be a scout-class or light frigate for the Rebellion.

With the eventual upgrade to Rebellion, and the "first step" Diplomacy, this will be something worth considering, as some ships will be re-purposed as Envoys, and thus may need replacement. In particular, the Rebel/NR CR-90 and the Rep's Consular LC will best fit as envoys rather than scouts.

Don't they have "hero" ships in Sins Rebellion? Or am I confused?

You're thinking of Titans I believe; those are roughly equivalent in conceptualization to our supercaps. Also what's the MAF error?

Memory MD... When the mem usage gets over 2G... it's a CIV IV error too... and it throws a Memory Allocation Failure (MAF)... confusing my games here...

Oh, the RAM dump. The devs are working on a work around for that; sadly 2GB is the limit no matter what due to it being a 32-bit engine.

The Lucrehulk BB planet bomb , but the DCS won't?

The DCS has never been able to planet bomb; it isn't a a frontline in-your-face ship. It probably could use a cost reduction.

Any way in-game to give this info? Or am I doubling down on my ignorance and it's there........ :oops:

And just in case... the capital ships that use buzz droids can be upgraded without the info that it must first be researched.

Any way in-game to give this info? Or am I doubling down on my ignorance and it's there........ :oops:

When you buy a ship, look at it's stats. They will show if it can planet bomb, and if so, how much damage per shot it does.

And just in case... the capital ships that use buzz droids can be upgraded without the info that it must first be researched.

This is a bug in the Sins engine; you can give them Buzz Droids, but the ability won't actually work until you do the research, similar to Alpha Strike and the Ion abilities. It only appears to be functioning due to it being a passive ability.

Memory MD... When the mem usage gets over 2G... it's a CIV IV error too... and it throws a Memory Allocation Failure (MAF)... confusing my games here...

Oh, the RAM dump. The devs are working on a work around for that; sadly 2GB is the limit no matter what due to it being a 32-bit engine.

Well, you can make the engine 64-bit friendly... I hope they do that this time... stupid 2G limit is sooo annoying

Sins of a Galactic Empire Mod Team Staff

This is a bug in the Sins engine; you can give them Buzz Droids, but the ability won't actually work until you do the research, similar to Alpha Strike and the Ion abilities. It only appears to be functioning due to it being a passive ability.

Well, not necessarily a bug... more of an oversight... the Sins devs never envisioned an ability having both a points and research requirement. As such, they never programmed a way for it to check research reqs into ability management

Sins of a Galactic Empire Mod Team Staff

Well, not necessarily a bug... more of an oversight... the Sins devs never envisioned an ability having both a points and research requirement. As such, they never programmed a way for it to check research reqs into ability management

Eh true, but this happens with the Trafed Carrier as well, so I can't say it isn't a bug.

Doing a little bit of thread hijacking here, because what follows might be a bug, or might even be intentional so not exactly the thing for Mantis, but not big enough to warrant it's own thread:

I just had my first go at the beta, playing as the (old) Republic. First thing: This Mod is just great. Had two months of fun with the last open release, and love the changes in the beta.

Only "problem" I found so far was this: The Republic Dreadnough Cruiser and the Venator ACRS do take the same number of slots, 19. That seems a little bit odd, because the Dreadnough is inferior to the Venator in any aspect and lacks it's own fighter squadrons.

Another thing that just came to my mind: I had a go with the New Republic and build some Golan Platforms(Starbases). Is it intentional that they can only build X-Wings, A-Wings and B-Wings, but no K- and E-Wings? Another thing on fighters: Why is the B-Wing the advanced bomber of the New Republic? Shouldn't that be the K-Wing? On to the fighter weaponry: I have noticed that most ships seem to be able to outrun missiles? I've seen a Jedi Venator fleeing from my forces and a stream of missiles from my fighters behind it, which only reached the cruiser when it deaccelerated before initiating the hyperjump.

Apart from those little things I really liked the game. One thing in particular is that you got rid of the stone-paper-scissor principle, which is absolutely great because now I can have my fleets how I like them, without the need to have some of every type to have an effective fleet.

Greetings,

Naarn

Edit: Forgot one thing: The New Republic capital ships of the Rejuvenator class hava a constant "glow effect" on them. I will post a picture tomorrow(my timezone's tomorrow ;-) ) to clarify what I mean.

Only "problem" I found so far was this: The Republic Dreadnough Cruiser and the Venator ACRS do take the same number of slots, 19. That seems a little bit odd, because the Dreadnough is inferior to the Venator in any aspect and lacks it's own fighter squadrons.

This is due to the Dreadnought taking up just as much, if not more, crew than the Venator in canon. I've been seriously thinking about changing this, though I'm constantly unsure on what to do with it, as Dreadnoughts should have a high fleet slot usage, but the current amount kills them, even with their epic Slave Rigging ability. You wouldn't happen to have any suggestions for this would you?

Another thing that just came to my mind: I had a go with the New Republic and build some Golan Platforms(Starbases). Is it intentional that they can only build X-Wings, A-Wings and B-Wings, but no K- and E-Wings? Another thing on fighters: Why is the B-Wing the advanced bomber of the New Republic? Shouldn't that be the K-Wing?

You're on an old revision; K and E-Wings are ingame and have been for a little while now. I update fairly regularly, so do check for updates often. The advanced bomber of the New Republic is still the B-Wing, but this is primarily due to gameplay purposes, as the NR did not use Y-Wings as a primary bomber, and do not have something that is "worse" than the K-Wing.

On to the fighter weaponry: I have noticed that most ships seem to be able to outrun missiles? I've seen a Jedi Venator fleeing from my forces and a stream of missiles from my fighters behind it, which only reached the cruiser when it deaccelerated before initiating the hyperjump.

Yeah, missiles have a lower top speed than ships, which is why this occurs.

Apart from those little things I really liked the game. One thing in particular is that you got rid of the stone-paper-scissor principle, which is absolutely great because now I can have my fleets how I like them, without the need to have some of every type to have an effective fleet.

Mmhm, the rock-paper-scissors principle really doesn't ring true in Star Wars, while you have to have multiple types of ships in order to have an effective fleet, it isn't to the same extent as vanilla Sins.

Edit: Forgot one thing: The New Republic capital ships of the Rejuvenator class hava a constant "glow effect" on them. I will post a picture tomorrow(my timezone's tomorrow ;-) ) to clarify what I mean.

This isn't a glitch; this is due to the Fleet Coordination ability that they have. The ISD Command, Venator ACRS (capital), and Cluster Ship have this as well. Various supercaps have a more advanced version of this ability, though I can't immediately recall if they have the glow effect or not.

I'm glad to see that you enjoy the mod, and thanks a bunch for the feedback!

Mc60's icon appears to be s/c.

This is mainly due to it lacking a proper model; once there's a model, I'll make an icon for it or find an appropriate filler.

Mediator looks great.

New missiles and graphic effects make game aproach movie quality.

Glad you like 'em. :D

Still the mod needs tweaks to performance.....

Unfortunately nothing can be done on this front without taking away game features and/or reducing the overall quality of the mod.

Greetings,

This is due to the Dreadnought taking up just as much, if not more, crew than the Venator in canon. I've been seriously thinking about changing this, though I'm constantly unsure on what to do with it, as Dreadnoughts should have a high fleet slot usage, but the current amount kills them, even with their epic Slave Rigging ability. You wouldn't happen to have any suggestions for this would you?

Ah I see. Then I've got another thing: The imperial Dreadnought still has the old 5 slots instead of 19. I would really say: Let them have the 5 slots. Maybe we can just say that in the end, they decided to adopt the Katana-Enhancements? It may not be canon, but lets face it: With 19 slots and their 19 slots, nobody will ever build them. Especially in the mid to late phases, slots used count higher than ressources needed. So I would say: Keep their stats as they are, and bring them back to 5 slots.

You're on an old revision; K and E-Wings are ingame and have been for a little while now. I update fairly regularly, so do check for updates often. The advanced bomber of the New Republic is still the B-Wing, but this is primarily due to gameplay purposes, as the NR did not use Y-Wings as a primary bomber, and do not have something that is "worse" than the K-Wing.

No no, that was not what I meant. The E- and K-Wings are ingame, the problem is with the NR Starbase: It only has the options to build X-Wings, A-Wings and B-Wings. And only those three. I just updated to the most current revision, and had a look into the StarBaseNR.entity, and there is the problem: The Fighter Squadrons named in that file really are the Alliance starfighters, and not the NR ones. By the way, I'm curios about the balancing changes to all fighter squadrons, I will have a new game tonight and comment on the new fighter balance.

On another note: Have you noticed that there is an odd research icon when one opens the military research trees for the New Republic/Empire(only ones i tested so far)? It is outside the research screen, to its right. It has the same icon as the Siege Turbolasers for example and seems grayed out and has no tooltip when i mouse-over it.

No no, that was not what I meant. The E- and K-Wings are ingame, the problem is with the NR Starbase

I noticed this recently, while doing my star base research tech testings. I'll have this fixed with the next revision; the Republic star base also has this issue (lacks the NTB630).

On another note: Have you noticed that there is an odd research icon when one opens the military research trees for the New Republic/Empire(only ones i tested so far)? It is outside the research screen, to its right. It has the same icon as the Siege Turbolasers for example and seems grayed out and has no tooltip when i mouse-over it.

Seems I haven't put it far enough to the right; you shouldn't be able to see that. :P It's for the filler ships; it exists for the AI to function right. I'll be expanding on those a lot in the near future, so the AI properly researches everything.