List and Observations in BETA testing

Planetkillerzz

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lavo you dirty man, did you touch the mod in AI terms?

Ive played this mod since back in the days so for years on end, never seen a super cap being built by the AI, my buddy and I took a MP game last night with the new updates and BAM! 2 super capitals, both the Geonosian popped up on enemy side and the Republic one.

Awesome! \o/

As it panned out however I have another observation to add because of that. The end-Tier super cap from Republic (forgot the name) regenned hull so fast my SSD took good 10+ minutes shooting it before I started to whittle it down. Something seemed amiss? It regenned for a brief time more hull hp than a lvl 10 SSD could take from it head on.

I got it in the end but something seemed dodgey I will let you know if its replicate error or not as we dive further in but that made us both go "wth I am fucked" :P

Anyways cant get my arms down no more, this mod just entered even higher stage of win for us.

Mega <3 to all who worked/works so hard to make it what it is.

Nice comet. Give it a flaming tail.

Hehe. Once I start messing with particles I just might. :P definatly add in major dust clouds. The comet cloud (24 crystal roids!!!) May just get a nice fluffy ice cloud. Not really realistic but it would look awesome.

Lavo you dirty man, did you touch the mod in AI terms?

Ive played this mod since back in the days so for years on end, never seen a super cap being built by the AI, my buddy and I took a MP game last night with the new updates and BAM! 2 super capitals, both the Geonosian popped up on enemy side and the Republic one.

Nope. You just got lucky. :P

As it panned out however I have another observation to add because of that. The end-Tier super cap from Republic (forgot the name) regenned hull so fast my SSD took good 10+ minutes shooting it before I started to whittle it down. Something seemed amiss? It regenned for a brief time more hull hp than a lvl 10 SSD could take from it head on.

I got it in the end but something seemed dodgey I will let you know if its replicate error or not as we dive further in but that made us both go "wth I am * :P

Everything seems alright with the ship's coding, at max leveling, they should have the same regen. Maybe you were behind on your research and the AI wasn't?

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Nice comet. Give it a flaming tail.

Hehe. Once I start messing with particles I just might. :P definatly add in major dust clouds. The comet cloud (24 crystal roids!!!) May just get a nice fluffy ice cloud. Not really realistic but it would look awesome.

I was thinking same color as the comet ( silver) damage/flame/trail that you see in some mods......

btw could you now put wormholes in a well? that would be like owning a jumpgate...... :idea:

Ehhh that means messing with more abilities... I could, but that would be later... The wormhoie is in a well... I could check if it can hold a starbase though. That's all I will do with it. Though I am using it as a victim to figure out particles so it may get a make-over.

• 2 weeks later...
In a mod that's 99.9% perfect....it sticks out....

I'd love to see an MC60 model as much as you do, nothing I can do to make it happen though.

So does this mean I did install it correctly and the model is just not there? B/c the MC60 S-CRF model isn't there, only see small parts + engines.

So I'm new to the Beta testing and I thought I'd share my thoughts. First off, every now and then Sins will crash while loading during the intro (haven't gotten to menu yet), and sometimes while loading a game right after clicking 'start'. I'm pretty sure these are just little things that can't be helped as it is with mods but I thought I'd just put it out there anyway.

Second - I love this mod. Period. :D I've been mainly playing as New Republic and I like it so far; there might be some overpowering issues though. I played a game just a few minutes ago where I've just captured about six planets, with only 16 ships and without a single loss.

No research at all, this was my 'fleet':

1 Dragon

2 Defender CG

8 Proficient H-CG

4 Bothan Cruisers

1 Rejuvenator Capital SD

This group managed to take out (without stopping to heal), all six planets that were loaded with, on average - 6-14 dreadnoughts, 4-8 Victory SD, 3-5 Imperial Missile ships (can't remember the name off the top of my head), and various others (Lancers, Carracks in varying amounts from 4-9). Each planet would average at least 12 ships and I was able to take them all out (which was fun! :lol: ).

Just thought I'd share my experience.

Oh and I hate Vong 8O Nasty little rock ship things that make my ships and planets go boom.

Awesome mod guys, and thanks for making it!

Note: NovaCameron - your planet's are awesome!

So does this mean I did install it correctly and the model is just not there? B/c the MC60 S-CRF model isn't there, only see small parts + engines.

Yeah, this is "supposed" happen. I put in in quotations as it's only a temporary solution.

First off, every now and then Sins will crash while loading during the intro (haven't gotten to menu yet), and sometimes while loading a game right after clicking 'start'. I'm pretty sure these are just little things that can't be helped as it is with mods but I thought I'd just put it out there anyway.

This began to occur after Nova's planets were added in. I believe Sins just fails to load everything when this happens, however, seeing as there are no (or very, very few) minidumps during games themselves, this isn't an issue.

Second - I love this mod. Period. :D I've been mainly playing as New Republic and I like it so far; there might be some overpowering issues though. I played a game just a few minutes ago where I've just captured about six planets, with only 16 ships and without a single loss.

Yes, the NR leave some balancing to be desired. I'm working on this however, though at the moment my focus is getting in proper star bases.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

This is very appreciated, it's with posts like these that I can gather more info to make better changes.

Oh and I hate Vong 8O Nasty little rock ship things that make my ships and planets go boom.

Dem Vong be OP. Once I get the NR somewhat balanced out (their capital ships already are), these guys are next.

The big issue with the Vong is that they use unique weaponry, and a different shielding and armour scheme, than all the other factions. Due to having a bunch of unique weaponry, and due to initially having the CIS' tech, the unique weapons are purposely powerful, as there is no research that boosts them, unlike laser and missile weaponry.

Are starbases working? Playing first game constructors made, but they won't build.

Which faction? Edit: FFFFFFFFFFFFFF In my haste I forgot to fix the ability tags on the NR/All/Imp/Rep constructors. Fix will be up in the next 10 mins.

Any plans for more unique tech trees?

A great way to balance empire vs NR is in the tech tree. Don't remember what novel/book I read but it seems that most of the ships designed has a huge amount of design flaws. Seems like having the empire pay it off in tech refinement/research sounds like a good idea. (also revert ssd :P)

There aren't plans for more unique tech trees at this time, at least on my end. For now I'm focusing on the ships themselves... The Vong will be a nasty faction to deal with precisely due to their tech tree in relation to their weaponry.

• 5 months later...

... and i'm back \o/

Lavo you owe me a game !

Anyways sorry I was busy dying in RL but I seem to be back for now at least for the time being 8O

Question.

I downloaded newest build and started playing the enlarged maps and I love what I see. There is just one caveat and its killing me. What is going on with the huge centered "smudge" in the starlit background? its terrible and even worse its invasive. Why not just have the background be little dotted stars like everywhere else? why the giant smudge ? Vanilla entrenchment has much better backdrop graphics. That smudge is terrible!

any way to get rid of it?

Other than that holy smokes you guys been busy in my absence! very cool <3

Keep up teh good works!

iirc the smudge is a black hole. Only way to get rid of it is to slap in another backdrop.

Thanks for the quick answer :)

can I take say the file for backdrop from vanilla and replace this once? or does it require programming skills? and if so where do I find/what is the name of said file?

can I take say the file for backdrop from vanilla and replace this once? or does it require programming skills? and if so where do I find/what is the name of said file?

I would imagine it would be a simple file change... Though I don't know specifically which file to replace, NovaCameron knows though. I also note that you'd likely have to replace it after each time you update, as iirc SVN will replace it with the 'correct' version.

There are two smudges, one at the top of the skybox ,and one at the bottom.

That there is indeed, Horrible. Everything else in this mod rocks though. Come the first im gonna put in a donation in moneys since I cant program assist for nothing :P

Awesome work, horrific backdrop.

• 2 weeks later...
Those smudges are easily fixed I'd imagine, just by editing the existing image. I'm not an artist, but I understand the issue, it's a square image that's been folded into a globe, rather than an image specifically designed for a globe (the 'game world'). At least that what it appears to me.

• 4 weeks later...
In the diplomacy reports HUD the generic pirate face shows up whenever there is a bounty increase etc...is there a way you can put the pirate face (Jabba) into there instead?

Yes, there is. You'd have to make a playerPictures file (and properly get the game to reference it) and edit the Player_Portrait_XX.tga files with Jabba's face/entry. It sounds tough but it isn't; just takes some time iirc.

sorry if this has been asked before but it seems like refineries don't always work in providing crystal. the first time this happened i thought it was just a random glitch but ive seen it again recently on one of the planets that you "need arctic exploration" to colonize which had about 6 crystal extractors and about 4 metal ones. i built a bunch of refineries to try and get more crystal but they only seemed to provide metal.