New Planets!

NovaCameron

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SWR Staff - Executive

Do you want to keep compatibility with Entrenchment and Diplomacy?

It's actually fairly easy to manage this in SVN.

When I created the repository, I created a Entrenchment module (sins/Entrenchment) that pulls the assets from a common folder. You can create a Diplomacy module (sins/Diplomacy) that also does that.

You'd have to manage the changes of the entities files back and forth, but it's pretty simple to do. If there is a branch history from Entrenchment->Diplomacy, you can use SVN to merge certain changes applied from one folder to another.

Let me know if you need help setting this up.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Well if we want to move to Diplomacy, I can get the expansion, so I'd be cool with that. Just don't want to manage two versions. xD Though, I have absolutely no idea how the diplomatic techs work, and perhaps more importantly, how to get rid/manage the silly "races" stuff. But yeah, I could always temporarily do away with the diplomatic tree entirely, assuming it doesn't break the game. Or put in 2-3 "filler" techs that cost nothing and take 0.01 seconds to research, until things are ready to be done in terms of that tree.
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

No you need the Diplo tech for the game. Just add in the current TECH diplo tech tree. It looks fine. The race files weren't changed. They just added HUD file locations and a relations section at the end. It's all done right now... lol I'm just waiting till the planets are done.

• SWR Staff - Executive

I want to see whether people want us to move to Diplomacy now or wait until the expansion. Thus the question.

viewtopic.php?f=620&t=27958

If we don't get any input, I'm guessing we push forward

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Well I'll keep my own version up to date with any changes at least. There wasn't too many changes of note in the basic files. Only a line added to ships to denote allegiance changes on visitation, sections in the race files were added and changed, and the gameplay file received some new stuff. These are all file we rarely touch. And Lavo has to only add a line at the end of the ship files once he edits them to make them work. I really don't see why not...

i was wondering if there was an easy way to use your ship grave yards into galaxy forge? i have a really nice map i would like to see if thay can put a twist on things.

Ship Graveyards are in the GalaxyForge; assuming you copyed over the GalaxyScenDef file.

i was wondering if there was an easy way to use your ship grave yards into galaxy forge? i have a really nice map i would like to see if thay can put a twist on things.

Ship Graveyards are in the GalaxyForge; assuming you copyed over the GalaxyScenDef file.

is there a post talking about this? ive been looking but cant find one. im not really much of a tech person. so i have to have instructions.

is there a post talking about this? ive been looking but cant find one. im not really much of a tech person. so i have to have instructions.

What do you mean? In the GameInfo folder of the mod there's a file called GalaxyScenarioDef. The GalaxyForge also has one of these. Paste the one from the mod over the one in the GF's folders and it will work. The specific planet name to look for is ShipGraveyard. I warn you, it is EXTREMELY powerful, as intended for the map I made it for. Like the thing is basically it's own fleet.

Noted and added. To give a recap on the progress into integrating this version of NU:

-Gameplay.constants has been cleaned up and is now functioning for Ent.

-SoGE+NU runs, have yet to run a full test game however.

-Strings are missing all over the place, even though all of SoGE's strings have been properly ported to NU's strings file, this needs work.

-All of SoGE's brushes are missing. This is a simple fix; merely requires time.<---This has been fixed, all that was needed was a brushes.manifest port.

-GalaxyScenDef needs some editing, namely I need to re-add all the planet "extras" I made, any major issues have been fixed however.

-Skyboxes

Sadly what little free time I have will disappear rather soon... Thanks to Passover and ever-approaching exams. I'm hoping I can get the strings thing fixed or whatnot... As that's really what's preventing me from releasing this (it's really bad).

*sigh* I'll pop out 1.2 and upgrade the entire thing to diplo and post a link in here. I've been putting off re-upgrading it to diplo. Well I have it but I need to brush up a few thing here and there and put NU 1.2 in SOGE-Diplo.

*sigh* I'll pop out 1.2 and upgrade the entire thing to diplo and post a link in here. I've been putting off re-upgrading it to diplo. Well I have it but I need to brush up a few thing here and there and put NU 1.2 in SOGE-Diplo.

Don't worry... Updating the thing from Ent -> Diplo won't be difficult at all, and I'll do it myself. The planet files weren't changed at all. The only reason I made this work for Ent is that we haven't gone over to Diplo yet, and even so the only file that needed reworking was Gameplay.constants.. As I said the only real issue is strings, which is something that baffles me.

Ugh. I'll upload my dilpo string set for you.

And yes I worry.

I'd remove the Volcanic pop upgrade if I were you. It hits the High Toxic hard upping it from 400 - 800.

Noted. With the update I'll kill all of the population research. Also, after realizing/looking more into the skyboxes thing, ignore the stupidity I was babbling on about regarding them, less RAM usage is more, and it's just lighting.

Yup Yup. Currently working on putting SOGE into Diplo. Trying to add all the nice new techs and reworking defenses to. SOGE defenses are VERY weak compared to vanilla. 8O I'll try to up them so they are like a light cruiser or even a heavy cruiser.

The lighting may make the ships look weird but it's still lighting. 8)

Strings have been fixed. For some reason, porting over NU's planet strings to SoGE's strings file (and removing some old string entries) works fine in Ent. However, I have kept the SoGE -> NU strings port, for use/testing with the Diplomacy upgrade, when/if done. I also got a picture of the wonky lighting after it showed up again, though this isn't too much of an issue, besides looking bad of course. If all goes well I will update the SVN in a few hours from now. Edit: Almost done, there will be an update tonight.

Has there been any recent changes to the textures in the planets?

I ask because I was testing my large map last night and with the new planets since the last test the map ran much smoother and didnt lag for a good few hours into gameplkay with almost 80% of the map explored.

Has there been any recent changes to the textures in the planets?

I ask because I was testing my large map last night and with the new planets since the last test the map ran much smoother and didnt lag for a good few hours into gameplkay with almost 80% of the map explored.

The textures have been changed in the recent update, yes. Nova did a wonderful job in reducing NU's RAM usage, and making it run more smoothly.

1. Bloom seems to give off a weird shadow effect on planets, can see shadow of moons/ suns through planet. Turning off bloom eliminates this...but should we have to?

2. Boxes appear around planet icons.

3. Building detail options effect comets.

4. New Skybox has a graphical defect at top and bottom.

5. IMHO..I believe resources come at you way to easily...I like a nice slow game, I don't want to race up the tech tree,I want to earn it.

1. Bloom seems to give off a weird shadow effect on planets, can see shadow of moons/ suns through planet. Turning off bloom eliminates this...but should we have to?

2. Boxes appear around planet icons.

5. IMHO..I believe resources come at you way to easily...I like a nice slow game, I don't want to race up the tech tree,I want to earn it.

1) Yeah, this is a skybox thing to my understanding, just leave bloom off, it'll also consume less RAM this way.

2) That's just how the icons are.

5) You won't be complaining once SoGE's ship prices are changed (increased) to reflect NU. ;)

Also Nova, the SuperIceGiant's moveAreaRadius is ten times as large as all the other Supers.

Oop. I'll change it. The bloom thing is a rendering thing. I'll check it and fix it. And I didn't reduce the RAM usage... O.o Or are you talking about before the massive rendering overhaul?

Yeah, the version that was on SoGE until recently was from before the rendering overhaul.

like I said something has seriously freed up some ram somewhere. I hadn't played in a couple of weeks or so, thus all the questions whether to update or not.

The map played good up until approx 80% explored/conquered. Then slowly started to lag a bit more and more, but still this is a huge improvement on previous games. The map was 250ish(can't remember exact right now) planets all colonizable, using the new planets from your mod. I only played 2/9 players though so that probs made a small difference too. Ships were maxed out for both players. Trade ships etc turned off and skyboxes and all the planet icons down the left hand side.