New Planets!

NovaCameron

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get any further with a large map? I had a go making a new one with approx 200 planets using the new planets it runs ok at first but after about 2 hours or so it slows right down again. I was playing a 8player FFA match maybe I will try again with less players.

Something i noticed... Is the Huge Toxic supposed to have such expensive infra upgrades? It's 14400 credits for the first stage, which is staggering. The Dwarf Toxic only costs 1800 in comparison. O_o
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Yes. Though I might tune it since it's a multiple of the diameter. But I doubt I will... maybe a .4,.6,.8,1,1.2,1.4,1.6 scheme might work also.... I'll think about it...

That makes sense. Though a multiplier scheme sounds good as well.

Hey Nova, are there any maps not yet in the beta that you want me to put in? iirc there is one or two, but I don't have the links handy.

Not really... I might need help figuring out why the bloody moons won't work outside of SOGE....Or figure out what's wrong with them... I think i'm getting a rendering error but I'm not sure where it's located.... skyboxes seem to be the cause but I'm not sure how to fix them.... Meh I'll create brushes soon and upload it as-is.

Not really... I might need help figuring out why the bloody moons won't work outside of SOGE....Or figure out what's wrong with them... I think i'm getting a rendering error but I'm not sure where it's located.... skyboxes seem to be the cause but I'm not sure how to fix them.... Meh I'll create brushes soon and upload it as-is.

Hrm. Perhaps SoGE actually uses skyboxes for something, so using SoGE's skybox files wouldn't work outside of SoGE proper?

Well they all new skyboxes. Same files... different outcomes. Moons render in SOGE, same files outside... nope... ahh I'll have to deconstruct it. Again... and reinput it from ground up.

=/ Maybe it has to do with the manifest files somehow?

Don't think so... This is the part that's different:

c:\gs\entrenchment\CodeSource\Engine\Math\RandomStream.h(81): assert! [rangeSize > 0]

c:\gs\entrenchment\CodeSource\Engine\Math\RandomStream.h(75): assert! [maxV >= minV]

c:\gs\entrenchment\CodeSource\Engine\Math\RandomStream.h(81): assert! [rangeSize > 0]

c:\gs\entrenchment\CodeSource\Engine\Math\RandomStream.h(75): assert! [maxV >= minV]

I have no clue what it is pointing to though. It happens when it's loading/rendering the galaxy such as the MM system or a map.

Yay fixed. Stupid AsteroidDef file... and Skyboxes... >.<

If it makes you feel any better SoGE's AsteroidDef file is a holdover from Sins Plus. :v

Well they are supposed to be... I really didn't want to start munching up the brushcount with little planet icons that could be replaced with the same brush. (I'd be going over 1000 now if I redid the brushes so they were 5 pics per planet....) And some planets got new texture so they might me a little 'off' now but... meh. I'll use them so I can finally get this out the door and let you all play it. On the Diplo front you can modify the ships just fine. They just added a line to the bottom of the file so just be sure to modify both the Ent copy and the Diplo copy. I'll release both VERY soon. Like tonight I hope... lol

I can't do Diplomacy stuff. Never mind the code stuff, I can't test it as I don't have Diplomacy. >.> However, I will grab those files, so whenever the beta's done, I can do a simple conversion/upload/whatnot.

Ya you can. It's the same format. Just change what you change in ENT and change it in the DIP files. They are only have a one line difference so you can dl the dip conversion i made and just update both. If you have a change that messes with the dip part I'll fix and test it. Well ships that is. Planets didn't change. Neither did abilities. They just added files.

Ya you can. It's the same format. Just change what you change in ENT and change it in the DIP files. They are only have a one line difference so you can dl the dip conversion i made and just update both. If you have a change that messes with the dip part I'll fix and test it. Well ships that is. Planets didn't change. Neither did abilities. They just added files.

Wait, the difference between ships is one line? Nice. And Players files? Though mind you, this will only be done for the final release, for now it'll stay Entrenchment, to avoid update complications and more SVN stuff.