Re: New Units Ideas

I was thinking that some I could maybe say new units I think could be in the game.  If anyone else wants to say anything, please feel free to do so within reasonable boundaries.  Also, tell me if any of my ideas have been thought of or made before, so I can be up to date and try very hard not to offend anyone.

Any ideas?

Maybe even a ship that lays space mines or more ships that release buzz droids.

So anyway, I was thinking of like maybe a Calamari cruiser shaped like an upsidedown "U" shape or maybe a missile ship for Zann Consortium that looks like a Rebel missile cruiser withought the long body and being wider or something.

Also, how about a rebel ship that looks like an egg that has 4 ion cannons, a gravity well generator, a interdictor field and 4 laser batteries (besides engines and sheilds, etc.) that also can turn invisible or something like that.

Anyway, I was also thinking about a Consortium ship called a "Hull Rammer" or something that is specifically designed to only ram other ships and stuff and then die.  Same thing with a Consortium land unit called a "Canderous Brigade Ram" or something like that.

I was even thinking of new Consortium slave units like energy spider, acklays (if nobody has done or thought of any of these), voxyn,twiileks, noghris, bothans, tusken raider, hutts, krayt dragons, jawas, sarlaacs (maybe, I don't know), wampa ice creature (from Empire Strikes Back) and other stuff.  I'm just saying these units would be cool.

I was also thinking of the Mandalorioan's war droid or something.  Can anyone tell me the name or if it's been thought of or done already?  Thanks.

Edited by Star Wars Godzilla Ruler

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I would like new hero units in the game, like new sith, jedi, or simply officer units. I would find that really great. I am trying to make my own even with help from you guys! Thanks!

You expect people to just model that right away? LOL

It's impossible to shoot and fly with a jetpack at the same time in EaW.

"I feel fantastic and I'm

Still Alive

and when you're dying I will be

Still Alive

and when you're dead I will be

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Anybody who thinks Palpatine is a sepratist knows NOTHING about star Wars

When in doubt- rocket it.

Dowload The Underworld's Might beta from Filefront!

Anyway, a new type of hero I was thinking of could be the Allegiance Stormtrooper Squad.  It's these 4 elite stormtroopers from Timothy Zahn's book, "Allegiance", that accidentaly kill an officer and flee, but later uncover a corrupt official and military commander and eliminate the problem and are heros.  They look like normal stormtroopers, but they have larger body armor with improved weapons and they should have jet packs like Boba Fett, but these guys can shoot and fly at the same time.

A new hero unit I was just thinking of could be the bounty hunter Dengar or whatever his name is.

Also for the elite trooper squad I mentioned earlier, I was just thinking of using the dark Trooper Phase Two icon/model but making it a little smaller, like stormtrooper sized.

I was also thinking of maybe a new unit called the TB-1, or the Combat Speeder.

Here's a description of it.

The Rebel Combat Speeder was a common craft during the Galactic Civil War which could be seen on places such as Tatooine or Rhen Var. After a bad night at the Sabaac tables, the designer of the speeder sold the blueprints to Sorosuub in order to pay off people who he bet with. This vehicle is equipped with two rapid firing laser cannons, a slow but powerful firing cannon on the top of the vehicle, and two proton torpedo launchers which fire two torpedoes at a time. This tank is similar to the Gian Speeder except it is red and beige and has a closed cockpit. Combat Speeders are manned by two pilots. It is a lethal tank to the Empire, especially to its rival, the Imperial IFT-T Hover Tank, the AT-ST, and even the menacing AT-AT walkers.

OK, thanks for pointing that out you guys.  But why can snowspeeders fly and shoot at the same time?

Because they don't walk.

Flying is their default movement pattern. If you want to have troopers floating around and not waking, fine with me...

YES I WILL, JETEYE1 IF I KNEW WHAT THE RULES ARE!

Triple Post Much?

Between the first two was FIVE MINUTES.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

lol

The best thing to do these flying Stormies would be making a new model. Really. And made it's 'moving animations' like if they were flying all the time, did you get it? Make a new model, make it's moving and idle animations as if they were using jetpack (take a look of how do things move using jetpack, in BF series) and ready!  :P  :P  Of course you would need to make a skin for it, since game skins would be very... Crappy...

BTW, that's veeeeeeeeryyyyy easy and fuuunnyyy to do... Any noob can do that...  :P

Thanks, Star Wars Man.  Thats great advice.

Anyway, I was just thinking of a new unit for the Rebels called the TB-5 or something.  It looks like the Rebel Artillery when moving, but is twice as big with 2 anti-aircraft turrents, 2 anti-infantry turrents, 2 missile turrents and 2 anti-vehicle turrents or something like that, I lost my ideas paper.

Well, If you want that to work, all you'd need to do is place a few firing hardpoints onto the tips of the missile tubes that don't fire unless its deployed...that way, when it opens up, it becaoomes some sort of Ub-er platform that shoots down everything that gets near it...

"That was fun"

I was thinking of a new rebel ship called the Q-Wing frigate.  It has 2 of everything except for only having one engine and one shield generator.  because of it's shape, it is invulnerable to the hypervelocity gun.

I was also just thinking of the ultimate Rebel ship called the Wookie Destroyer.  It has at least 4 of everything except for having 3 sets of engines and 3 sets of shield generators.  It is in the shape of a half-moon with three sqaure engine parts coming off of the curved-in part.

I was just thinking of another unit, but this time for the Empire.  I was thinking of it being like a black/gray T-4B tank with the head of a big Tie Mauler.  It would be called the Tie Destroyer Tank.  It would have 2 missile tubes, 4 laser cannons and 2 turbo laser batteries.  It would require tech level 4 and would cost $1,500.  It would be strong against infantry, buildings and other vehicles but weak against heros, heavy vehicles and airborne vehicles.

Tie Destroyer Tank

Woudn't it be better to just find some TIE Crawler skinned, converted, animated model - to fit 'cannon'?

If not, take a look at some mods that do reskin the T4B and go ahead...  ;D

Although, if you want an idea of a really nice and non-crappy unit to the Empire, think Aratech 520 Battle Platforms - you may know one of them named as Gargantuan in FoC. The Gargantuan was a prototype that was stolen by Garm Bel Iblis. Just use most of it's code and make it for the Empire, but a bit more weak (like if them were the 510), limit their production and set a very high cost. Overpowered? Yes. Cool? I think so.

That's easy to do... Although I don't think there's already an icon for it in the game... Details, details...  :P  ;)

Yea, there are no garganutan icons...I had to use garm for mine :(

Btw, Changing your SPMA-T's projectiles to either the rebel's combardment or the empire's bombardment gives you...a pretty powerful long-range artillery walker. 2 can take down gargantuan if one has ion and the other has turbo.

you wan me to reskin this t-4b? I can do this! its all hue and saturation!...although the turbolasers and 4 laser cannons will fire out of the same...holes.

"That was fun"

It's all hue and saturation!

Actually, it's probably either completely unsaturated or has polychromatic noise, meaning you'd have to colorize it with photoshop's hue/saturation feature.

"I feel fantastic and I'm

Still Alive

and when you're dying I will be

Still Alive

and when you're dead I will be

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Anybody who thinks Palpatine is a sepratist knows NOTHING about star Wars

When in doubt- rocket it.

Dowload The Underworld's Might beta from Filefront!

I haven't read any of the replies because I wasn't able to go on the internet for 5 days or so.  Anyway, does anybody have more ideas for new units?  If you do, please post!

I know this sounds annoying, but I just came up with another new unit for the Rebellion.  It is called the Kaminoan Cruiser.  It is like a Victory Cruiser but it is oval instead of arrow-head shaped and it has everything the Acclamator and the Victory Cruiser have, including a hangar that releases 2 B-wing sqadrons and 3 A-wing squadrons.  Also, it comes with 2 Corellian Corvettes and 2 Corellian missile ships free.  It is worth 3 altogether and costs $2,500.

Also, I know nobody really cares, but I have just been elevated to apprentice!  WAHOO!!!

Variants of existing units in EaW and FoC

EX:

*REAL Marauder corvette, as described in the essential guide SW vehicles and vessels. Uses the same model, but slightly different skin with new code.

*Rebel Action IV transport that serves as a...Transport. Like the acclamator. New skin, possibly new armament.

*The Hyperspace Marauder.

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/captainartenon.pnghttp://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Sith_Lords_EaW/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=5554600

Alternate Site

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/loverdog/pffuserbar1.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6296/sweawuban0cg.png

Petition for Obsidian and Bioware to work on Knights of the Old Republic III together! 3926 Total Signatures and counting!

SW Fanon Wiki entry - Captain Artenon

"A fake news show on fox should have real news!" -Louis Black, The Daily Show.