Re: Mod - SOTE (TBR)

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if I could Beta test this mod it looks awsome and from what I have read and seen it looks like a great mod that makes the game more strategic.
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa296/Razgriz_MG/MySigforEAW.jpg

wasn't trying to do the GPU, just explaining why my comp wasn't working, and how I fixed it and keep people from drawing the wrong conclusions based only on what I told them of the specs because my comp does not obey its specs.  Usually a good thing.  Heck, I played a first person shooter that I downloaded off the internet, so entirely on my hard drive, that had better graphics than the original halo and I played it with 0 lag.  Anyway, I played a land skirmish and it was great.  Had not done that earlier.  Never say my comp sucks.  Its unpredictable.  Thats the worst thing that can be said about it, since its box specs don't seem to reflect its actual performance usually.  As for that lag in GC, it has nothing, to, do, with, my, computer's, hardware!  I put that in commas since I thought i said that earlier.  On other mods as I said, it has never lagged.  JC, is there anyway I could delete some file and make the ai act normal in gc?  You mentioned one for skirmish, but i forgot what it was, and I also wonder if there is one for gc or if its the same one.

@Jay I told you - if you delete the AI files don't cry to me that the AI does not do anything. When I said about the AI - I mean it will affect the game through out not just in skirmish. There are some important files you can't delete, or the AI won't build anything in Skirmish or in GC. The files you would need to delete are the PG Event Lua Files (Easy to locate) there in the scripts folder. Then all of the AI folder in the XML folder itself. The game will be back to the dull normal game that way. Which means a less challenging AI, Another file which is optional is Difficulty Adjustments - which controls the build times and multipliers like that. I DO NOT RECOMMEND Messing with the AI in this game. Jay your testing an Alpha build for me as a favour, I want the AI tested as IS. To change an Alpha build is outside of the agreed beta guidelines and is not helping me test this mod. So anyone leeching my mod and modifying it for their own purposes won't get any more builds from me as they are not genuine Beta testers.

Status Update:

• Golan Defence Station can be built from a build pad in Skirmish mode
  • Shipyard as Starting unit structure in Skirmish. Can be upgraded to Level 5 to unlock all skirmish build space units that are available.
  • Liberty Cruiser Added to game.
  • All Skirmish maps 100% done for Space Skirmish mode - updated for SOTE

Shipyards start of as a little Fighter factory structure, and progress and get bigger into large ship yards. - Thanks to Z3r0x for this code and support for SOTE. I will also be updating SOTE with Z3r0x's new AI files once he has released them in his update, so the AI will be much smarter and better to play against.

When you play Space Skirmish mode the maps should be accessed by clicking on 'Custom Maps' you will not see any normal maps when you enter the Skirmish mode screen. All the maps are now located in the Custom Maps section, you just need to click the button to access them.

JC

Edited by jedi_consulor

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/drone_pilot/JC_Sig.jpg

Sote Mod Website @

http://sote-mod.com/forum/index.php?act=home

Alpha 7

======================

Added: Golan Buildable structures on Skirmish Build Pads

Added: Skirmish Shipyards

Added: Liberty Cruiser

Added: Imperial and Rebel Command Center for GC Mode. Can contain garrisons, and give income stream

boost. Rebel command center has limited system spy ability. Rebel command center can deploy Tauntaun

Rider patrol, Imperial Command Center can deploy Imperial Probe Droids.

Changed: Space Skirmish mode maps - updated for SOTE

Changed: Selection circle size for Bayonet Cruiser

Changed: Selection box circle size for Juggernaut A6

Changed: scale size of Mediator Cruiser - size too small.

Changed: Tactical Combat population to 30 space units.

Changed: AI player again.

Changed: Jerec can be built up to 3 times

Changed: Pellaeon can be built unlimited times

Changed: Alliance Providence Destroyer Scale.

Changed: Obi-wan is still available in skirmish mode - removed.

Changed: starbases in GC spawn to much fighters

Bug Fixed: Passibility issue on some GC maps

Bug Fixed: Carrack Hardpoints mix up

Bug Fixed: Balmorra abilities description missing.

Bug Fixed: Swamp Trooper weapon did not fire any projectiles.

Bug Fixed: Magnepulse Cannon caused Exception error in Skirmish

Bug Fixed: Missing skin on the Katarn Commandos

Bug Fixed: rebel AAC hovertank don't have any voices

Bug Fixed: ground A-wing uses X-wing voice

Issues:

Ship Yards medium and heavy - not skinned properly - bad UV

Darth Vader light Saber Throw still needs working on

Ground X-wings use laser cannon sounds when firing proton torpedoes - this is because they use swap weapons ability - so the use the same sfx ;)

Sote Mod Website @

Very good changes, especially command center stuff :)

Hey boys here it's not the palce to debate GPU's. If you are not happy with yours, take moneys and go buy better ones.

The Ai doesn't work?Maybe your computer suks a lot!!!

Leave JC in peace working on the mod!!

He can't upgrade his comp cause it's a laptop.

And he don't say that AI doesnn't work.

And we should end this performance/GPU/CPU/whateverelse discussion- it starts to be pointless.

Nice changes!

Did you use the large cut command center models? The Rebel one has many buidling tied to it and the Imperial one has some structures too, including a land pad. I think the Rebel name is ACC.alo and the Imp is ICC.alo.

;)

The Command centre is yet to be tested HK I can't remember what model I used for them. Daft Vader the code you gave me has lots of scripting problems. I added one so for which was the Liberator Class Cruiser I still need to go through the others, and the change log is not the final build log - just what is done so far.

Sote Mod Website @

To keep myself from complaining about issues on GC, I will no longer be looking that much at the GC but more at the skirmishs, space and land, because I have no problems.  However, I left one detail out on why it might be freezing in GC.  For a while it wasn't just freezing, it was giving me an error report in GC "Exception.....".  This was when I used a mod launcher.  When I used the shortcut that came with the mod, the exception messages stopped, instead it would just freeze for a few minutes, go normal a few minutes and then freeze again, so and so on.  Could this mean that the file was corrupted when I downloaded it?

JC, what about changing the HV gun, planetary Ion Cannon and the Plasma Cannon to be 'stronger'? The HV gun and Plasma Cannon should do more damage, the Ion Cannon stun effect should be more devastating. What do you think of the idea, Shak? Is that 'right'? (Asking to you because you are SotE researcher)  ;)

I don't remmember if this was already done: are TIE Defenders/B-Wings able to do bombing runs? Or am I confusing with some other mod?

'Off-Topic':

Jaydinator, I'm starting to think your gfx card is damaged.  :-\

Last November, when I got this new PC as B-Day present, I wasn't able to play EaW/FoC because it was freezing a lot and after sometime it began to give me exceptions - I tried to download a bunch of drivers but none of them resolved the problem. Almost one week later, I couldn't even start the game and the other games stopped working too. I brought the PC to the store and after looking and testing, they said the gfx card was probably damaged. They gave me other and everything worked ok. :D

JC, what about changing the HV gun, planetary Ion Cannon and the Plasma Cannon to be 'stronger'? The HV gun and Plasma Cannon should do more damage, the Ion Cannon stun effect should be more devastating. What do you think of the idea, Shak? Is that 'right'? (Asking to you because you are SotE researcher)  ;)

Hmmmm...not the best idea. Think from viewpoint of attacker-he'll must to win at very stupid conditions-starbase, golans,other stations, defence fleet and now this planetary guns. Increasing thier damage may be a serious unbalance. Let's don't touch them. I think they're good as they are now.

BTW empire magnapulse cannon uses model of planetary turbolaser that could blow ISD in one shot, lol. But we can't put all SW weaponry stats to game, unless somebody wants that single shot from planetary ion cannon could disable any ship for entire battle time ::)

My gfx card being damaged does not explain why it only does this on this mod and not others, like zerox's which works real well.  Please stop talking about my computer being messed up.  It just has a mind of its own I have decided.  I am normally good with computers, built two of them, but what this thing has been able to do baffles me and baffles everyone else I have talked to.  Anyway, I am done with graphics card.  My only issue with the land skirmish is the kwing, the way it attacks ground with bombs.  In real life and even in Star Wars, bombs do not drop straight down.  They follow a ballistic trajectory.  Besides that, and whatever has been said earlier, I really think this mod is good.  I really think now that one of the files I downloaded for the mod was corrupted in transit, even more likely since it was done over wireless, and that is more liable to screwing up a download than if it was connected.  I might uninstall the mod and redownload it with a cable connection.  It cannot be the hardware of my computer else the other mods I have would not work, and some of them are even more radical in added features than this one. 

unless somebody wants that single shot from planetary ion cannon could disable any ship for entire battle time

That would be very painful to the attackers, so much so that it'd need to be more inaccurate...or take slightlylonger to reload. NAd tone it down a bit for skirmish. Taking out the station permanently is NOT balanced.

Neither is having a planetary gun that annihilates it in one or two bursts...

Those command center models, they do not have the damaged meshes...sadly. So they always look pristine...:(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

I did make an alteration to the Planetary Ion Cannon - but it was months back in the early stages of me putting the mod together. I made it so it can only stun an enemy ship and weaken it's shields. I was looking for an effect that would disable its shields rather than do any other kind of damage. I am not going to make these things any more powerful than they are though. So there won't really be any changes to these cannons.

My gfx card being damaged does not explain why it only does this on this mod and not others, like zerox's which works real well.  Please stop talking about my computer being messed up.  It just has a mind of its own I have decided.  I am normally good with computers, built two of them, but what this thing has been able to do baffles me and baffles everyone else I have talked to.

Well as I am not a 'youngling' on here, and have several years ahead of lots of people on here I just want to say I qualified as a PC Engineer. I have built more PC's than I care to count over the years. I just feel Laptops do not make good gaming machines. They don't have proper cooling for the GPU for a start for when the games start using up lots of power from the system. They are low end onbaord graphics solutions designed for Desktop users doing - well basic home things. Yes you can play games on them, but don't expect a lot of out of it.

Anyway, I am done with graphics card.  My only issue with the land skirmish is the kwing, the way it attacks ground with bombs.  In real life and even in Star Wars, bombs do not drop straight down.  They follow a ballistic trajectory.

I know, and I agree it's odd the way things are in EAW, but I use what is available in the game. I can get them firing like proton Torpedoes even, I think shak said some thing about them firing like that a while back though. !

Besides that, and whatever has been said earlier, I really think this mod is good.  I really think now that one of the files I downloaded for the mod was corrupted in transit, even more likely since it was done over wireless, and that is more liable to screwing up a download than if it was connected.  I might uninstall the mod and redownload it with a cable connection.  It cannot be the hardware of my computer else the other mods I have would not work, and some of them are even more radical in added features than this one.

My best recommendation, is to play the game with out any Anti Aliasing and reduce the quality settings. This will free up much of the lag.. Alpha 7 is coming next week and I hope it will ease up the lag in parts of the game. I cannot do much about the Galactic map other than remove starting units. This would stop the AI moving as many fleets around, but will also make the game too easy to conqure if the AI is not smart enough to build new fleets.

Sote Mod Website @

Just a question to people who have been testing this mod.. (Separate from my last replies on the forum)

Where the Golan Stations are concerned in this game they are now built from build pads in Skirmish you can go from level one to three by upgrading the structure. Do people want Golan's built this way for GC Space Tactical as well ? - or just skirmish ? - do you want the Golans to be built the way they are in your current Alpha build or as I am suggesting as a tactical build pad structure in GC mode. - or maybe both ??! - let me know asap.

Also would people like me to replace the existing laser turret you build on the build pads with the XQ stations models ? - that can be upgraded from level 1 - 2 or do you want the existing laser turrets on the build pads.

Sote Mod Website @

Just a question to people who have been testing this mod.. (Separate from my last replies on the forum)

Where the Golan Stations are concerned in this game they are now built from build pads in Skirmish you can go from level one to three by upgrading the structure. Do people want Golan's built this way for GC Space Tactical as well ? - or just skirmish ? - do you want the Golans to be built the way they are in your current Alpha build or as I am suggesting as a tactical build pad structure in GC mode. - or maybe both ??! - let me know asap.

Also would people like me to replace the existing laser turret you build on the build pads with the XQ stations models ? - that can be upgraded from level 1 - 2 or do you want the existing laser turrets on the build pads.

Do not add XQ's to skirmish game.

Do not add Golans to GC tactical battles.

Golans should be buildable only from galactic view.

What ? are you asking me not to - or are you ordering me not to  ::)

OK, here is what I am going to do then. Golan Stations will be built in the same way as before - after you build an Orbital Space Port. You then have the option to build Golan I - when you do, and your in Space Tactical combat mode in GC - when you click on the Golan I you built - you will then see an upgrade option. You can then upgrade to level 2 then 3. This can only be done in Tactical Space combat mode. (Same way as a Starbase upgrades it stuff). I like this way of doing things a bit better. XQ stations are a bit of pain for me - since they are over kill to an already existing Defence Platform solution to the game. Having both Golans and XQ's on one map or any one time could be a bit unbalancing.  :-\ I got Golans in skirmish mode working and you can upgrade them, so perhaps XQ platforms will be kept only for GC mode on some planets.

Edited by jedi_consulor

Sote Mod Website @

Golan Stations will be built in the same way as before - after you build an Orbital Space Port. You then have the option to build Golan I - when you do, and your in Space Tactical combat mode in GC - when you click on the Golan I you built - you will then see an upgrade option. You can then upgrade to level 2 then 3. This can only be done in Tactical Space combat mode. (Same way as a Starbase upgrades it stuff). I like this way of doing things a bit better.   

Interesting idea. Lets see how it works. However I think that Golans being upgreadable only from galactic view- seems to be a little more realistic.

They aren't really upgradable through Galactic map view though, other than having say Golan I at one tech level then removed at tech level what ever to be replaced with a new Golan II structure that can be buildable and so on through the tech levels. This cancels out ever being able to build other golan stations after you pass through the required tech level to get a new one. (I think this is how I originally had it setup) ? anyway might be better to do it like a starbase and upgrade during a battle. (It might not work properly even) but I'd like to test this for a possibility.

Sote Mod Website @

JC add the Golan Defense Station built with upgradable (Golan 1>2), to large planetary centres how Coruscant,Kuat,etc.and GDS lvl 1 on  smaller planets how  Kamino,Bakura etc there now it on all.on map GC.

Is possible addition them  ability LASER_DEFENSE or CLUSTER_BOMB ?

Whether it is possible to add ability for StarBase or SpacePort -DEPLOY_SQUAD ( or to name her DEPLOY_RESCUE_FLEET) there now from this in order to she pulled off small fleet?.

It fleet was it been possible was with this to only 3 times was call in and every time called in fleet she was to larger and stronger.

Edited by KingA
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/5701/znaked4.jpg

Personally, I think it would be nice to have golans on sattilite platforms so you could build multiple ones.  Look at Coruscant in the X wing novels, it was bristling with Golans.  Make defense a lot more easy than it should be though... how about the golans not spawning anything, they just shoot.  The xq's could have a small garrison since they are less powerful, but I don't know.  Oh, JC, there are exceptions to laptops not being good for gaming.  I agree that there are few, but they exist:  alienware laptops, certain asus laptops, and certain just released hp's.  Yes hps.  Hps are really good computers for their price.  I guess the Dell XPS would be another exception.