Re: Mod - SOTE (TBR)

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this problem on other maps too :Saleucami ,Gamorr,Muunilinst

Well I have to say I have never touched the StormTrooper Squads code other than add the StormTrooper Officer to the group. I have never had problems with StormTrooper Squads when playing Skirmish battles. Daft Vader made the Ord Mantell Map and the as far as I know has no bugs. The other planets mentioned are FOC planet's from the original game. So it shows it is not the planets that are causing what ever issues it is your having. I only can say I have not seen it happen yet.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/drone_pilot/JC_Sig.jpg

Sote Mod Website @

http://sote-mod.com/forum/index.php?act=home

Bug:  In galactic conquest, vader can only be built once(executor), and then if it is destroyed, vader and ship are destroyed for good, not even a recharge up or rebuild.  It is the same with Pellaeon.

Actually, this was intentional, I changed the code to do this. Vader should only live once and not recharge. Please bear in mind that this mod extends to 10 ABY OK ? - we can't have Vader continuing to exist in this period. Of course some people may choose not to build Vader till Tech 5 anyway, even so if built and destroyed early - it conforms to being cannon and the time line in some way.

Also, the game lags on certain planets.  I don't know why its specific planets, but it does.  Also, the AI builds so many fighters in a tactical battle, it lags the game, even in movie mode, which usually has the least lag.  I wish I could do a screen shot, but I forgot how, of how many fighters I encounter when attacking a normal defense planet.Its not just garrison units either.  For less lag, how about cutting the squadrons back down to what they were in the original game, or something like that? Or perhaps get fewer garrison units for the AI.

I am cutting back on the Garrison units for Starbases even. I already identified this issue and it is being looked at. Alpha 7 will have fewer Garrison Space units and longer Spawn times. Or are you referring to Skirmish mode - you did not say. DID you read my previous reply ? - if you don't like the way the game spawns fighters, then delete the Lua script file called PGAICommands in the Scripting folder. This returns the AI to normal - but is less aggressive and less competitive.

The funny thing is that while vader is a one time deal, Jerec will recharge if his ship is destroyed.  Also, at random times, the galactic map will lag itself to the point where it seems my computer has frozen, but after waiting a few seconds, the game resumes.  This has never happened before, so I don't know why its doing that, its either the mod or something to do with memory, but I have plenty of memory at the moment. 

Jerec should really be like Vader and only be used once I could say the same for any Infringing hero too such as Needa and Ozzel ? Perhaps Skywalker should be made to only be used once along with Yoda,. The Galactic Map will do this because I would say some of the campaigns we did have like between 26 - 70 planets. That will cause lag the more active the AI becomes and builds and moves things.

By the way would you like to say what your system specs are ? - because this just isn't a memory related issue. It's also Graphics card related. I just don't want to hear it that you have a tired old gfx card and wonder why you have lag in the game.

I should bring it to your attention also many of the models in the game don't use bump maps - but use Direct X shaders. For slower gfx cards this is an issue. By the way if you want to take screen shots to get a good shot of some thing like a unit - press the 'C' key after selecting the unit. then press the prtScn key to take a screen grab. For a general screen grab just do the latter.

Sote Mod Website @

Ok I have devoted some time to test this evening/night.

So far I have found those bugs :

1. Vader Squad in MP is not scaled correctly.

2. Formations are not respected when fighters are called in.

3. Xwing too strong vs Imperial Fighters, even Tie/Av.

4. Providence has too many weapons.

For the rest by now I can say the Ai works correctly and builds even too much for my tastes.  ;D

1) I will try to re scale it again ok ?

2) this information is not useful to me and does not actually tell me what is wrong.

3) I will adjust it - in fact I noticed it myself when testing Skirmish yesterday - very odd. But I'll fix it.

4) So ..? I work with what I have, Its a model made by Frankie - he made the hardpoints nothing I can do about that. ;) I will however make them weaker and easier to destroy ok ?

I am looking into Avengers ISD conversion - but I may not use it. I have a lot of other things to do and the more I get bug reports to figure out the longer it will be to Alpha 7. People want me to fix Skirmish mode as well as a dozen other things. I will need a few days to correct what I can. - This is BEFORE I can get to coding any more ships in the game, this is the reason I asked you and DV to start doing the other ships I wanted for the Rebel and Consortium factions doing.

Sote Mod Website @

I am looking into Avengers ISD conversion - but I may not use it. I have a lot of other things to do and the more I get bug reports to figure out the longer it will be to Alpha 7. People want me to fix Skirmish mode as well as a dozen other things. I will need a few days to correct what I can. - This is BEFORE I can get to coding any more ships in the game, this is the reason I asked you and DV to start doing the other ships I wanted for the Rebel and Consortium factions doing.

Posted on: Today at 12:33:41

Posted by: jedi_consulor

For god sake, don't change ISD/VSD models!! It will require redoing hardpoints (which are perfect now ;)) once again for this crap and JC have already done that for...3 times. Redoing them now would be serious loss of time. I think we should try to get a correct model for Tector SD, not new ISD!

@Shak - Thank YOU. At least some one cares. Well yes we need a new model for a Tector.. Maybe YOU could ask Avenger to do one  :P ::) Although I doubt he will. Would be good to have a proper model for this class of ship though with moving turrets to boot.

Sote Mod Website @

@Shak - Thank YOU. At least some one cares. Well yes we need a new model for a Tector.. Maybe YOU could ask Avenger to do one  :P ::)

Well, I could ask him for little help on Tector...but we should make it by ourselves. By that we'll have what we want (and what we can have :() Getting 3ds max and photoshop isn't that hard as some people say :P

Although I doubt he will. Would be good to have a proper model for this class of ship though with moving turrets to boot.

Who needs rotating turrets :P They complicate coding much, even you was talking that.

BTW Avenger's ISD have less hardpoints that Frankie's so using it is really a best idea? :P

Edited by shak4l 01

Basically we have to use Frankies ISD's - because otherwise tactically the ISD's would be out gunned by other Frankie Models used in the game if Avengers ISD was used. Hmm about Max ? - I do have a copy of Version 8 I don't use it however because I just found I haven't the time or interest in model making :( It takes time to learn how to use Max and make quality models from it - thats not even taking into account learning how to convert a model to ALO format.

If he can at least direct you on how to convert to ALO we can do our own conversion for a Tector Class SD We could use the existing skin Frankie made may be for the skin as well. All That needs doing is the Hangar removing - or covering up on the model. Its a matter of doing the hardpoints then. I just don't have the time to do this but if you wanted to try shak - its up to you.

I mentioned yesterday that I now have buildable Golan Stations from the skirmish build pad - without much feedback about this. I have currently the following structures buildable:

Golan 1,2,3 and XQ defence platforms. I will add Xizors Skyhook for the Empire as well. I am still thinking about whether to actually do the large ship yard from here, and move all the large ships to this buildable structure. All the maps need re doing anyway to make the maps better suited for this kind of skirmish buildings.

Sote Mod Website @

My graphics card/video card is a Nvidia Gforce 6150.  My processor is 1.6 Ghz dual core 64 bit.  That speed is not fast it seems when compared to some other processors, but AMD's tend to have a higher clock speed then other processors at the same Hz.  Basically 1.6Ghz on a intel processor is slower than a 1.6 Ghz on an AMD processor.  It has something to do with the pin configuration and the processor design. Also, this is the first time I had the lag problems, unless of course I turned graphics up to max on the original, then I would see a decent amount of lag.  Anyway, any idea why it would lag all of the sudden in Galactic conquest?  I mean the galactic map, that has never happened before.  Also, for some reason ground x-wings autoheal even without a repair structure or anything like that.  It was annoying to fight them, I would take them down to half health during one of their attack runs on some of my units, and then they would quickly heal back.  Also, if Vader should be taken out of the game once he is, well taken out, how come Jerec does not do that.  Also, I think a standard SSD would be nice, a nonhero ssd so that you can have an executor class even if vader is taken out, because Jerec's ssd sucks.  It has about as many hard points as an ISD and the Eclipse has even fewer.  So, I think an SSD should be buildable at all times.  However, I also must say, the attacks of the ground x-wings look great. 

PS:  I thought Rom Mohc was going to be a dual purpose hero, a space unit as well as a DT phase 3 hero unit on the ground.

PS:  Rom Mohc: makes me think of run amuck.  lol

My graphics card/video card is a Nvidia Gforce 6150.  My processor is 1.6 Ghz dual core 64 bit.  That speed is not fast it seems when compared to some other processors, but AMD's tend to have a higher clock speed then other processors at the same Hz.  Basically 1.6Ghz on a intel processor is slower than a 1.6 Ghz on an AMD processor.  It has something to do with the pin configuration and the processor design. Also, this is the first time I had the lag problems, unless of course I turned graphics up to max on the original, then I would see a decent amount of lag.  Anyway, any idea why it would lag all of the sudden in Galactic conquest?  I mean the galactic map, that has never happened before.  Also, for some reason ground x-wings autoheal even without a repair structure or anything like that.  It was annoying to fight them, I would take them down to half health during one of their attack runs on some of my units, and then they would quickly heal back.  Also, if Vader should be taken out of the game once he is, well taken out, how come Jerec does not do that.  Also, I think a standard SSD would be nice, a nonhero ssd so that you can have an executor class even if vader is taken out, because Jerec's ssd sucks.  It has about as many hard points as an ISD and the Eclipse has even fewer.  So, I think an SSD should be buildable at all times.  However, I also must say, the attacks of the ground x-wings look great. 

PS:  I thought Rom Mohc was going to be a dual purpose hero, a space unit as well as a DT phase 3 hero unit on the ground.

PS:  Rom Mohc: makes me think of run amuck.  lol

Mate its your Graphics card that causes the lag, not your processor, which is quite respectable. AMD always make the best processors for game playing. a 6150 Nvidia is a cut down budget card for the Desktop market, - not a proper gamers card. Heck it probably has a 2 pixel pipeline which is very poor for gaming. Mine has a 4 - but it's this that caches the frames from the game. The clock speed of the gfx card is probably basic and probably affects the over all performance.

As I SAID we use Frankies models which use Direct X Shader's we discussed this before how it could affect the performance in games and cause lag. Which is why people like Avenger prefer to use bump maps instead.

Also, for some reason ground x-wings autoheal even without a repair structure or anything like that.  It was annoying to fight them, I would take them down to half health during one of their attack runs on some of my units, and then they would quickly heal back.

Your talking about Rogue Squadron lead by Wedge Antilles - I will say no more. They are an elite Fighter group they do auto heal because I designed them to. This is cannon in the fact they have an Artoo unit to carry out repairs to the ship.

Also, if Vader should be taken out of the game once he is, well taken out,

I already answered this one earlier.

how come Jerec does not do that.

He does because I haven't set him to not to re spawn. I am still debating the whole thing on what heroes should be rebuildable. Plus the once's who should not be re used. We need to have a chat about this Team members and beta testers alike.

Also, I think a standard SSD would be nice, a nonhero ssd so that you can have an executor class even if vader is taken out, because Jerec's ssd sucks.

I have plans to add another buildable SSD, but I haven't had the time to code this in yet.

It has about as many hard points as an ISD and the Eclipse has even fewer.  So, I think an SSD should be buildable at all times.  However, I also must say, the attacks of the ground x-wings look great.

hmm yes The Eclipse is the stock in game one, but is quite powerful as it is.

By the way please no more bug reports or complaints about skirmish mode, even in PM's - I got the message ALREADY. I don't want to keep repeating myself - but I have said I am working on this at the moment. Also about Starbases spawning lots of squadrons ? - yes this is being sorted out as well. I have reduced the amount of garrisoned units they can have.

Sote Mod Website @

Why not ask Avenger to add more hardpoints his Star Destroyer? Or is adding hardpoints more difficult than it sounds?

I don't really want to bother Avenger with any requests like that, it suits his mini mod the way he did it, plus he's busy doing other things.

Sote Mod Website @

If you really need to use it, you can just decrease the guns on everything else so that its not under-gunned, but thats a LOT more work than it's worth....almost too much. You don't have to use every single hardpoint bone, you can also make dummy hardpoints ;P But still, its a lot more work than its worth.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

The mod is pretty good, I'm still testing it. There's a large veriety of units available to buy, nice models, textures, etc etc.  ;D

These are the bugs I experienced until now:

- Some engine glows of some fighters (i.e.: Y-Wings) should be smaller - if possible;

- I can't use some heros in land (like Jerec);

- Rendili can't connect with other planets in campaign Revenge of the Empire.

sorry i was being such a nag.  I'm a bit of a perfectionist/obssesive compulsive when it comes to stuff like this.  I either complain because of the perfectionist/OCD, or complain because i want to understand something.  And my graphics card normally does fine.  Its actually an integrated card, but its actually considered the best integrated part there is.  So basically it runs off my processor, which isn't much of a problem.  I've actually run games with higher min requirements than my computer should be able to meet, like one that had a 2.0Ghz processor minumum requirement with zero lag on my 1.6 Ghz dual core 64bit machine.  And I think i may have been mistaken on the lag anyway, I just defragged my comp and there is very little lag now even with the mod units.  There is a little but not much.  Just wanted to clarify and update and recorrect my earlier statement.  However, for some reason it still freezes often on the galactic map, actually lagging more than it does on the battles.  Any ideas on why?  I thought it was my processor, but you said my processor was good and I do not think the galactic map needs a great graphics card.  Sorry for this one last nag, I probably won't nag you anymore until the next version comes out and I find other things to nit pic about lol. I'm told I come from a bloodline of complainers anyway lol.

And my graphics card normally does fine.  Its actually an integrated card, but its actually considered the best integrated part there is.  So basically it runs off my processor, which isn't much of a problem.

ALL integrated GPUs sucks in games. Almost always they have less performance than normal cards...

However, for some reason it still freezes often on the galactic map, actually lagging more than it does on the battles.  Any ideas on why?  I thought it was my processor, but you said my processor was good and I do not think the galactic map needs a great graphics card.

How much RAM you have-if less than 1gig, it may lag on galactic map. AT least run slower than un-modded game.

Why not ask Avenger to add more hardpoints his Star Destroyer? Or is adding hardpoints more difficult than it sounds?

Adding bones to model requires source model (.MAX). It's impossible to edit .ALOs

More in-game shots:

T-3Bs and AACs:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w127/szak4l01/T3baac.jpg

K-wing bombers (ground):

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w127/szak4l01/k-wings.jpg

Nebulon-Bs:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w127/szak4l01/nebilonb1.jpg

Nebulon-Bs fighting a VSD:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w127/szak4l01/nebulonb2.jpg

Edited by shak4l 01

The mod is pretty good, I'm still testing it. There's a large veriety of units available to buy, nice models, textures, etc etc.  ;D

These are the bugs I experienced until now:

- Some engine glows of some fighters (i.e.: Y-Wings) should be smaller - if possible;

- I can't use some heros in land (like Jerec);

- Rendili can't connect with other planets in campaign Revenge of the Empire.

Thanks for telling me about the Rendilli problem Mate, I will see what can be done to fix it asap. Rather odd it doesn't connect, does connect with our other two campaigns ? Maybe it could be fixed by adding a main trade route connecting to another planet.

@Jay, I don't want to sound like I am knocking your processor but shak is right Integrated graphics are the worst kind of GPU's out there, and are really only designed for less demanding games. These type of GPU's are designed for Desktop Business users, or home basic applications for general use. I have an Integrated processor as well and Intel one which I don't use. I went out and bought an nVidia 7300GS. Also Dual Core processors do not have any affect on game's - many games do not make use of Dual Core Technology EAW is one of them.

The Galactic Map problems are down to rendering of the planets - the amount of them in the game, and how many of them the AI controls. Sorry I forgot what you said - what installed RAM do you have ? My PC uses like 2GIG and I have a 3GIG processor too, but these things are only part of the performance you will get in a game the GFX card is designed to take the work load of the system and run the game at the best it can. Which is why you have High end GFX cards designed for gaming, - mid range - for the consumer Desktop market - for Desktop Video conferencing applications, and budget low end cards. You could consider them as entry level and have all the guts taken out of a GFX card and makes it much slower and perform's poorly compared to other cards on the market.

I am just explaining this so you understand that the way you describe the game - is not as bad or like it on my PC which has a much higher GFX card and memory installed than yours. I think the test's show people have varied experiences in playing this mod. I have noticed lag, and I working on fixing the issues. However I can't wave a magic wand and remove it completely for people - people with old GPU's and a system with little System memory available will always get a different experience to playing a mod than me. My GPU is not perfect, it's grippled with a 4 pixel pipe line. For adequate game frame rate you need good clock speeds and at least I would say a 12 pixel pipe on your gfx card. This is geek talk I know, but people should actually try and research what they are buying and not get sucked into the retail blurb they give you in the shop. They are there to sell you some thing - and even lie about it if they have to ! LOL

The card most people should be able to buy is a mid range card at least like a 6600GT << pretty good card for EAW and other SW games. I had one never had any frames drop in games or much at all lag even playing a game with 4x Anti aliasing. OR get a Geforce 7600GT - newer card supports more and improved shaders.

JC 

Sote Mod Website @

I just tested the campaign Revenge of the Empire, and yes there are several tweaks needed to make that campaign work. I will increase the fleet movement distance so fleets can travel further, also I landed my forces on Ord Mantell and found one of my units got stuck and would not move. This was an AT-ST. StormTroopers work fine for me they land properly in formation and I didn't have problems selecting any of the squads I brought down to land on the planet.

I think it's probably the passibility on some maps that is causing the problem - its not the units. For example I noticed where my AT-ST's had landed - it had landed right near an area of map that was not playable. I think tweaking the maps and making sure they have a good clear landing passibility area near the landing zones will maybe fix this problem.

JC

Sote Mod Website @

It seems to me that the ISD made by Avenger has the same number of HP of Frankies one.

Both are made from EJ's Warlrods mod.

However the choice is yours JC. I just pointed that mod because the ISD model is the best around even better than Frankie's.

If Avenger decided to continue his work on the ships and add more and more oh well we may think about replacement at least for the Imperial ships.

By now I am continuing modding the ships you asked for.If you have more, just tell me so that I will do all the work together. ;)

Oh. I was forgetting,he he.

About the fighters formation I intend how the travel around on the map.

I have seen that when you select them to call them in they are in a certain formation (EX: the TIE/Ad are in two V rows) but when they came out of the Hyperspace their formation is different and are less in number.

This is probably due to an error in the number of craft in the group.

I can try to fix this. :)