What is evil?

glandry

Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the most evil of them all?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the most evil of them all?

• Sauron
    • Palpatine

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Palpatine is more evil.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

This is evil.... :twisted:

Anyways I voted Sauron, because he was one of the Maiar seduced by Melkor in the beginning of things which gives him some prosterity to precure his evil...

...however, on second thoughts, we don't know much about who Palpatine really was/is.....do we..... 8O

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

They are pretty much the same.

Sauron was evil, it was he who doomed the Numenoreans, and who started the War of the Ring. He focused all his selfishness and all his power in his ring. Eventually his life and power depended alone on the Ring.

Palpatine, is evil, there are gaps in his youth, so we cannot tell how he becaem evil, but he doomed the Jedi, by growing close to them, so close as to tempt one Jedi that would become his enforcer. Palpy's power rested alone on the Dark Side of the Force, this dark side is fed by his selfishness and hatred and his powerhunger. Much like the reasons for the creation of the ring.

Even their undead status is comparable. After Isildur cuts the Ring off Sauron's hand, and he "dies", he actually becomes a Shadow, that would eventually inhabit Mirkwood while gaining strength, then return.

Palpy after he is killed by Vader becomes a creature of the dark side, pure negative power, without a body, until he comes to Byss.

They are very similar.

Both of them in their dark thrones.

One of them on coruscant and the other in Mordor, where the shadows lie.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Admiral_Antilles
They are pretty much the same.

Sauron was evil, it was he who doomed the Numenoreans, and who started the War of the Ring. He focused all his selfishness and all his power in his ring. Eventually his life and power depended alone on the Ring.

Palpatine, is evil, there are gaps in his youth, so we cannot tell how he becaem evil, but he doomed the Jedi, by growing close to them, so close as to tempt one Jedi that would become his enforcer. Palpy's power rested alone on the Dark Side of the Force, this dark side is fed by his selfishness and hatred and his powerhunger. Much like the reasons for the creation of the ring.

Even their undead status is comparable. After Isildur cuts the Ring off Sauron's hand, and he "dies", he actually becomes a Shadow, that would eventually inhabit Mirkwood while gaining strength, then return.

Palpy after he is killed by Vader becomes a creature of the dark side, pure negative power, without a body, until he comes to Byss.

They are very similar.

Both of them in their dark thrones.

One of them on coruscant and the other in Mordor, where the shadows lie.

Beutiful post trej. *Cries*. :cry:

Beautiful posts can be divided into to kinds, the ones that make you laugh (like Scath's original BEAK post) and the ones that make yu cry....

Back on topic now, though...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane

I don't quite agree with you Trej. Sauron is comparable to a lesser angel, a Maia. In that sense, Sauron was never dead, he was merely asleep. Sauron originally didn't have a body and never needed one because he's a Maia.

From what I know, I'd say that Palpatine initially was a normal human being. By studying, he became something more than human. In that sense he's more like a Buddha, albeit an evil one.

As such, I would say that Sauron is more evil.

Sauron is much more evil than palpy because palpy want to bring order to the galaxy (with bad devices) and sauron want to slaved all the people of the world
"I am growing stronger with the Force"

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Sauron is much more evil than palpy because palpy want to bring order to the galaxy (with bad devices) and sauron want to slaved all the people of the world

True, but, Palpy was ruling the galaxy not just one planet.

...which is where this poll has become quite silly.... the two characters are completely different and can't be compared.... how do you measure evil anyhow?

Interesting comments. I voted for Sauron. He is much more focused on destruction and desecration. Turning the elves into orcs for example.

Palpatine is more of a control freak with a lack of conscience.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
...which is where this poll has become quite silly.... the two characters are completely different and can't be compared.... how do you measure evil anyhow?

Good Point, So is there any reason for this post to continue? Or heres one, who's more eviler(sp?) Palpy or Darth Maul, or Sauron or Morgoth, or Me, Myself, or I? Just questions that need answering. :D

Interesting comments. I voted for Sauron. He is much more focused on destruction and desecration. Turning the elves into orcs for example.

Emmm...In the histories, Tolkein's son Christopher basically concluded after ten or so volumes that his father never actually intended to offer the genesis and origin of Orcs from corrupted Elves Morgoth, 'Dark Foe of the World,' captured in the first days of the First Age. More creedance (and evidance) is given to them being trained from animal stock (no cuss on animals!). Despite this, your basic point is perhaps correct; both Sauron and his dark master Morgoth sort to desecrate all the beauty of the original song of creation as originally envisioned by Eru and the Ainu. (Long day...Quenya tricky....) Both Suaron and Morgoth did nothing else than corrupt, destroy and hurt the beautiful vision that Eru, God, attempted to bring fourth to Ardar. Bastards... :evil:

Err...what other planets did Sauron have at his fingertips? The comparison I think is the planet Harad, the planet Shire, the planet Greenwood the Great...errr. Mirkwood....oh and the destroyed planets of Numenor, Scathane pointed out, and the entire system, Beleriand. (Though more the intervention of the Vanyar and the Gods of Aman....)

Ask yourselves this....there is no comparison between Sauron or Palpatine! Both, somewhere down the line were seduced by 'the shadow.'

The Shadow is all the Malice, Hate, and anger that is subscribed to Sauron and the Dark Side of the Force, Plapatine subscribes to....Gosh, we've come full circle! Perhaps lots of junk words I speak....bang my head violently against my #p'WIGREDFVHNYG-=2497 ***cough...splutter*** keyboard I must....ouch!

I don't think we've seen evil until ep.3 comes out, there's gonna be a whole bunch of really bad evil coming then. :twisted:
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
The Shadow is all the Malice, Hate, and anger that is subscribed to Sauron and the Dark Side of the Force, Plapatine subscribes to....Gosh, we've come full circle! Perhaps lots of junk words I speak....bang my head violently against my #p'WIGREDFVHNYG-=2497 ***cough...splutter*** keyboard I must....ouch!

Dont forget Zoot! :D

Yeah thats right glandry

and Jahled u are also right its a stupid thread here :?

"I am growing stronger with the Force"