[Poll] Do you enjoy playing Rebellion versus Person/Comp?

Guest Admiral_Antilles

Do you enjoy playing Rebellion with a person or comp?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy playing Rebellion with a person or comp?

• Real Person all the way!!!!
    • Computer all the Way!!!!
    • I dont care as long as I play Rebellion!!!
    • Get a life Admiral_Antilles!!!

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I just thought I would take a polll to see what everyone thought on the subject. 8)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scathane

I just couldn't resist that last answer! :twisted:

The point is that I've never played a human opponent, so I wouldn't know how it is... I would very much like to, however!

I think you're going to find that such responses such as your last selection are irresistible. :twisted: I responded such because I could not resist and because I don't care which I play against and my desire to play Rebellion is not so much that I must choose the third selection for the poll response.

Guest Scathane
I think you're going to find that such responses such as your last selection are irresistible. :twisted: I responded such because I could not resist and because I don't care which I play against and my desire to play Rebellion is not so much that I must choose the third selection for the poll response.
Moreover, polls such as these (or indeed any poll) invoke the BE part of the Grand Imperator of BEAK, as his last post clearly demonstrated... :twisted:

we dont make cease fire but we dont make civilian or general bombardment (Genfer Ground - War - Convention) and so everyone has many maintanance for huge fleets :)
"I am growing stronger with the Force"

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Which person besides ol scath picked the last answer! TELL ME! I must destroy him! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh sorry about that guys. :)

Which person besides ol scath picked the last answer! TELL ME! I must destroy him! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh sorry about that guys. :)
I did. :twisted:

Cease fires, never thought of that. Idealy we would have some initial fighting, sign a cease fire and treaty (not peace treaty, just treaty) that would include no blowing up of planets (if that had already happened) and no civilian and general bombardment, and the like. You know, kind of like the Geneva Convention. 8)

We had games were we bombarded many sectors down to ash with no energy there so NOTHING can rebuild there and everyone has just one sector with buildings and a very wimpy fleet with generals, admirals, commanders each planet and ship and so that was a bad game :(

Since that time we began to make rules.

Never had an opportunity to play against a human, so i guess i have to settle for the pc ai, though not 'ALL THE WAY!!!'. :P

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

We had games were we bombarded many sectors down to ash with no energy there so NOTHING can rebuild there and everyone has just one sector
That must have been a very interesting game, but having only two good sectors would be pretty stupid. I would understand if you have two unusable sectors, but the practically the whole galaxy was useless...jeez!

I prefer to play against humans. The computer is predictable in its tactics, both in its selection of planets to attack and its combat simulation abilities. People tend to stratagise. Also, there tend to be less small battle against humans. Both sides build up several large fleets and duke it out. But the computer is decent.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I prefer to play against humans. The computer is predictable in its tactics, both in its selection of planets to attack and its combat simulation abilities. People tend to stratagise. Also, there tend to be less small battle against humans. Both sides build up several large fleets and duke it out. But the computer is decent.
Exact same reason I like a human opponent. I can never seem to find an ALL-OUT HUGE fleet engagement against the computer, which I would LOVE to do!

We had games were we bombarded many sectors down to ash with no energy there so NOTHING can rebuild there and everyone has just one sector
That must have been a very interesting game, but having only two good sectors would be pretty stupid. I would understand if you have two unusable sectors, but the practically the whole galaxy was useless...jeez!

I was the Imperial and it starts that I lost a very huge fleet compleetly because of many cc7700 Frigats :( After that I get phrenetical and starts with my Deathstar and a big fleet to destroy the enemy systems :twisted:

He does the same with my sectors. And at the end I had remaining the Sesswena Sector and he had the rim sector with his HQ I think it was that one below where Yavin is :roll: and there I lost my Deathstar :?

We acepted a draw 8)

Did you both have deathstars??? Is it possible to play as Imp vs Imp?!?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I don't think it's possible. The game is hardcoded a very special way with each side very unique. I only can think of replacing all cards and models for the rebs (and music( I've done that, if anyone interested), sounds, backgrounds, droids). But you will still have a hidden Hq, witch you must defend, the millenium falcon effect, the heritage event and so on. Huge project it would be....

Another problem is that only one side can have a Death Star. I tried giving it to the Rebels once and the Imperials still had contol over it in the battles but the rebels paid for it 8O , a good tactic against a friend if you don't tell them :wink:

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.