What is your favorite era.  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite era.

• Old Republic/Clone Wars
    • Galactic Civil War
    • Thrawn Era
    • New Jedi Order

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I tought I would take a poll on your favorite era of all time. Here are the Choices:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it has to be the Galactic Civil War, that's where it all starts the formation of both sides, the nitty meets the gritty.
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

Guest Admiral_Antilles

Good point bill,

The Galactic Civil War was the "Foundation" if you will of Star Wars but, I think the most compelling saga is the NJO series because of the story and charcters. It would not be nearly as good if we hadn't had the other sagas such as The Galactic Civil War to really understand any of the others. However my vote is still for the NJO series. Thankyou though for you're opinion. Anyone else?

Guest Scathane
Never mind the topic being in thiese forums already. We tend to drift off topic anyway. I'd say NJO. Not that I've read anything about it, but I just think it's appealing...

Thrawn Era, no doubt at all! The mastermind and genius himself, Grand Admiral Thrawn, was in it! And, personnally, I believe that that particular time period is the most intense! But isn't the Thrawn Era only a trilogy of books or...well, what is the Thrawn Era? And isn't it technically part of the Galactic Civil War, lasting from the start of the Rebellion to the end of Vision of the Future?

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I disagree, I think anything after ROTJ is not part of the Galactic Civil War. Thats just my opinion though.

I disagree, I think anything after ROTJ is not part of the Galactic Civil War. Thats just my opinion though.
No offense, but I do not think this is a matter of opinion. The Galactic Civil War did not come to an end until the Pellaeon-Gavrisom Peace Treaty was signed.

If it wasn't for the Galactic Civil War, none of this would be possible. Give a break, the Thrawn Era,get outta here.
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
After looking at the poll, It looks like no one likes the Old Republic/Clone wars era.

I believe the lack of votes for the Old Republic/Clone Wars Era has to do with problems many of us have with Lucas and his prequels, which is most probably rooted in the fact that we all had different expectations for that time period and not one of us was correct. As was suggested in another thread, we tend to dislike the prequels because it attempts to explain what we, the STAR WARS fans, have come to consider as legend in that particular SW universe, and the explanations simply ruin the mystery and love we had for that time period. The mystery caused us to want to know more, but when we found out what Lucas thought of it and made of it, we were better off not knowing and, instead, dreaming. So, really, I believe we tend to dislike it because of the "bad taste" the prequels left in our mouths.

Well.... Fine mister smarty pants... :D
I know I am. :wink:

I'm surprised Scath, Trej, and Jahled haven't stumbled across this thread yet...well, Scath has, but I'm surprised he didn't write more.

Guest Scathane

Well, as mentioned before, I personally feel that there's nothing particularly wrong with the prequels... I believe that the problems lies in the fact that ther're not what a lot of people expected with regard to their own expectations. Remember that SOCL explained to us that two of his younger cousins: they saw the prequels without really knowing about the original movies and they thought the prequels were great...

Furthermore, some things are demystified in the prequels... I'm sure that most of us will agree that the midi chlorians were a mistake. Other things are overmystified... Anakin being the imbibus immacolatum isn't exactly what I was hoping for.

Nevertheless, I believe that the prequels leave plenty of room for imagination... For me, the things I don't like just didn't happen...

Edited by Scathane

I liked the prequels so far. Just imagine IV and V without VI, wouldn't be so good. Give em time i say. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I have to agree that the Prequels were not as good as I had hoped. However i think the 3rd (Episode 3) will be the best of the prequels.