Elements/weather

Jmaster3265

Yes, it obviously shouldn't be a constant phenomenon. For predicting, I was thinking installing satellite systems above the planet - if we stretched a bit and made the satellites attackable, then there's even more stuff to do when taking over a planet.
Currently waiting to get Age of Empires 3, Dawn of War, and Star Wars: Empire at War

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather just a detail? Uh i'd rather not since weather effects what we do and when and can ruin a plan in an second.

WW2 the Germans froze to death with the help of the Russians near Stalingrad when the Russians surrounded the Germans

Well in Rebellion I had a planet that kept on destroying my buildings since it was a eruption from a volcano. It kept on happening every 3 turns and Garret thought I was says i'm seeing things. Well if one of your scouts has a weather predictor then that will make it more useful. I'd rather leave it since it will slightly or majorly dictate my battle outcome. I would except the weather destroying my army but I would be fairly annoyed. You have birds that fly around but no weather damage lol, thats what you want? :roll:

I understand you guys when you say that wheather is not a detail. But in games, hasn't effects like IRL. When you talk about wether in major battles or for example stalingrad. I totally agree but this (soldiers frozing in the snow) won't be in EaW, have you seen pictures from GC2005 ? With Han in shirts on Hoth ? I'm quite sure that weather will affect some little gameplay affect , not more.

BUT , if it's wrong, and we will have a full handle of weather in the game, well Gratz ! It's great ;)

Weather generally only changes movement speed and fogowar in games. I'm not sure if this sort of thing is comparably to the realality of hero's deaths? Why can the game have both weather effects and heros that die?

Darth Vader is pushed by a tank in lava, lol :lol:

"Dam it, what is it with lava and me" says vader as he is being repaired by a med droid.

Evacuate, in our moment of triumph. I think you overestimate their chances. :)

Please can you post a comment on My clone story, in fan fiction. :)

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2306.0

(\_/)

(O.O)

(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

I still want troops being hit by lighting

(\_/)

(O.O)

(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

Heros must die, if not then there should be a video clip of them escaping spectacularly.

(\_/)

(O.O)

Heros must die, if not then thre should be a vidio clip of them escaping spectaculy.

ahaha, I would love to see Bail organa escaping the destruction of Alderaan as he flies past the Death Star mooning it.

Well I rewatched a video taken by Little.B and Junker and uh how long did those tracks from tanks and troopers stay there for? Seemed to stay there for a long time unlike other games I know which you could actually use to follow to a enemy base. This one you could actually do that if those tracks stay there for too long.

I understand you guys when you say that wheather is not a detail. But in games, hasn't effects like IRL. When you talk about wether in major battles or for example stalingrad. I totally agree but this (soldiers frozing in the snow) won't be in EaW, have you seen pictures from GC2005 ? With Han in shirts on Hoth ? I'm quite sure that weather will affect some little gameplay affect , not more.

BUT , if it's wrong, and we will have a full handle of weather in the game, well Gratz ! It's great ;)

Well, we have seen snowtroopers, sand trooper, snow rebel infantry, and it depends on wich planet they are, maybe, yust maybe only heroes can't die with the weather effects, but the rest can be affected on all sence, .....MAYBE... :roll:

School Wars!!! Command your Forces!

Crush the School!!! :twisted:

There are different skin for units in lava worlds, swamp, desert, arctic, normal and some others I forrgot.l

(\_/)

(O.O)

They have Tornados cool

Tornados to kill units and snow to jam radar a bit or was it line of sight? Its a cool thing :lol: Wonder what else it had, gonna check back at the site.

Then we have Rain, Rain of Ash, Sand Storm. That it? :? What about snow STORMS or THUNDERSTORMS ? :P Anyways its all nice.

rain of ash?

mwahahahaha idea!

darht vader fighting under the cover of falling darkness, the cold unfogiving stare, the mettallic breaths, the invisibility and tension of wondering if the next breath is your last...muwahahahaha :twisted::twisted:

I've have you now - Lord Vader

They're to big and because they adapted to the weather. That is the only reason that can support that right now :P Bantha's are cool mounts for Tatooine anyways.

I wonder if they will add thunderstorms... it would be a laugh if a X-wing was fried by a lightning

- I have you now!

- Obi-wan never told you what happened to your father...

- If you only knew the power of the Dark Side...

- Evacuate?In Our Moment of Triumph?*BOOM*

"Visit Spriters Resource at their new home!"

They're to big and because they adapted to the weather. That is the only reason that can support that right now :P Bantha's are cool mounts for Tatooine anyways.

Too big? Umm, ok thats how houses, animals, cars, etc. get ripped up in tornadoes? Some are much bigger then Banthas.... :roll::wink:

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1135/jmaster3265signew13rd.jpg

yes and so what that was a dust devil like thing in the vid clip. Troopers are smaller so they can be thrown around more then vehicles or Banthas in this case. After living on a planet with Sand you think it would find a way to survive that kind of weather :P

yes and so what that was a dust devil like thing in the vid clip. Troopers are smaller so they can be thrown around more then vehicles or Banthas in this case. After living on a planet with Sand you think it would find a way to survive that kind of weather :P

That wasn't a dust devil, the clip even said tornado. So your saying people who live say example: in Arizonia and there homes won't be affected by tonadoes because there used to it? That makes sense.... :roll::wink:

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1135/jmaster3265signew13rd.jpg