Transports

Eduardo

Hey Delphi, sooo the acclamator wont land on a plnet???, but it is a transport, or in EaW wont be??, we can think of it as a medium capital ship???

School Wars!!! Command your Forces!

Crush the School!!! :twisted:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like modders need to get to work when the game comes out eh Delphi?

I don't think it will be necessary, Juggernaut.

I mean, the ship is over 700 meters long, and if you are going to be realistic with it, it's going to cover alooot of the ground map. ;)

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

Ah, but for cutscenes it would be nice to have them land wouldn't you agree?

What cutscenes did you have in mind? :?

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Maybe when you are invading a planet there would be a cutscene and in it there would be the video of dropships (and acclamators) dropping down to let out the troops and vehicles?

Maybe when you are invading a planet there would be a cutscene and in it there would be the video of dropships (and acclamators) dropping down to let out the troops and vehicles?

Nice just nice :) So when you begin there would be a cut scene with that then when you take over areas your military would be able to land there with a nice cut scene ?

I've been interested, Delphi, how modable would transports be, exactly?

Because in Rebellion, for example, you simply moved your forces onto your starships, and if those particular starships got destroyed (anything from a Star Destroyer to a Stormtrooper Transport) the corresponding ground forces did, too.

Now, for regular gameplay, the transport idea works very well. It gives you (and your foe!) a very vulnerable and important set of targets to attack or defend, and gives invasionary battles a sense of urgency about them.

But just for the sake of esthetics, do you think it would be moddable to just have the ground forces register as being on specific capital ships, Delphi?

an another question will be

what happend if the enemy shot down a transport/ capital ships in the figth.

wil i lost a specific prozentual amount of my landing troops or all the landing troops on the ship. i mean if i lost 20 % of my transport in the ground battel i will have only the 80 % remaining for the battel or will i have lost more % because the the lost transport were full of troops and the other 80% has only one or wo units on board.

Why is English one of the most speaken languages? German is more better, it sounds better and i did unterstandt it ^^ but for you i will spoke english too, not good but you should unterstand me ^^

"Der Preis der Freiheit, ist ewige Wachsamkeit" Col. Blair Herz des Tigers

Star destroyers will burn in orbit. AT-ATs will crush Rebel forces on the ground below. And it will all happen at the same time, in a persistent universe.

I wish they would stop saying this if it isn't true. And if it is true, how? The sequence of battle is one thing that still confuses me. If it is linear, how do reinforcements show up? If it is real time, could you drop troops on the ground before the enemy is taken out in space? And if that is possible, could you have orbital bombardments happening from both fleets on the ground?

Too many issues with this part of the game. :?

Delphi, could you shed some light on this question? I assume that the game is too far into developement for this to be changed from how it is currently implemented, so there should be some kind of answer available that is set in stone for release.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

Star destroyers will burn in orbit. AT-ATs will crush Rebel forces on the ground below. And it will all happen at the same time, in a persistent universe.

I wish they would stop saying this if it isn't true. And if it is true, how? The sequence of battle is one thing that still confuses me. If it is linear, how do reinforcements show up? If it is real time, could you drop troops on the ground before the enemy is taken out in space? And if that is possible, could you have orbital bombardments happening from both fleets on the ground?

Too many issues with this part of the game. :?

Delphi, could you shed some light on this question? I assume that the game is too far into developement for this to be changed from how it is currently implemented, so there should be some kind of answer available that is set in stone for release.

It could be that you are only allowed to land a set number of troops on the ground at a time, but as you lose them, you can call down more troops that are in orbit?

That's one possibility

&

SWGalaxies Moderator