Transports

Eduardo

Irrelevant as my transports question may be to the general gameplay, there actually might be a good beneath it all: if something -that- miniscule can be modded, then the game will become a modder's paradise!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i said this already but i would like some variety in transports, like you could modify one to be light and quick for commando/light squand groups or make slow, heavy transports ofr your massive vehicles or massive army.
I've have you now - Lord Vader

i said this already but i would like some variety in transports, like you could modify one to be light and quick for commando/light squand groups or make slow, heavy transports ofr your massive vehicles or massive army.

We already do have that. I know that the Imperials have Sentinel transports for carrying pure infantry units, and AT-AT transports for, well...heavier units like walkers. There are also Lambda shuttles for carrying heroes.

Rebels only have that Medium Transport that I can think of.

And I'm not sure you'd want to fool the game to think they're TIES. :roll: Why would I jeoporadize my ground forces by making their carrier as vulnerable as a a fly? :P

Like I've said, this thread will oh-so-easily shut itself up if we just got a descriptive answer from our resident tech...

We already do have that. I know that the Imperials have Sentinel transports for carrying pure infantry units, and AT-AT transports for, well...heavier units like walkers. There are also Lambda shuttles for carrying heroes.

And I'm not sure you'd want to fool the game to think they're TIES. :roll: Why would I jeoporadize my ground forces by making their carrier as vulnerable as a a fly? :P

Like I've said, this thread will oh-so-easily shut itself up if we just got a descriptive answer from our resident tech...

well, the transports are not my cup of tea for the game, so i know little, but hey, its in! so i am happy

I've have you now - Lord Vader

They also have some Action VI transports, but these are hard to come by because they're expensive (well, more expensive than GR-series transports)

I also believe their cargo fleet has a high number of YT-1300 and YT-2400 freighters (i.e same class as the Falcon and the Outrider)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/CptK/StarCruiser.jpg

Oh, right. Those.

It's less of an anti-esthetic for the Rebels, I think, because their transports blend right in with their more diverse-looking fleet. We see all those transports with the Rebel fleet during the battle of Endor.

Those Sentinel shuttle things just look unsightly in an Imperial fleet, for whatever reason. Probably because an Imperial fleet evokes that crisp, fascist, uniform vibe. Look at their massive, wedge-shaped capital ships. Even their support ships like Tartans, Lancers, Carracks, all maintain the same precise look.

Hense my compelling need to omit them! At least for the Imps!!

Somethings about transports don't add up though. Why don't we see the transport ships in any videos or screenshots where all the battles are taking place? Could this mean that they do stay inside the caps till your ready to begin the actual invasion?

also, if transports stay outside, won't battles degenerate into who can kill the transports faster? One tactic to really hurt an enemy is not to take out the 1 or 2 ISDs they have in front but that entire battalion of troops that costs as much as an ISD but, in space, have the hitpoints of a squadron of loley transports.

Guest JediIgor
Somethings about transports don't add up though. Why don't we see the transport ships in any videos or screenshots where all the battles are taking place? Could this mean that they do stay inside the caps till your ready to begin the actual invasion?

also, if transports stay outside, won't battles degenerate into who can kill the transports faster? One tactic to really hurt an enemy is not to take out the 1 or 2 ISDs they have in front but that entire battalion of troops that costs as much as an ISD but, in space, have the hitpoints of a squadron of loley transports.

I for one would prefer to keep the transports inside the ISD Hangars but take them out at any time.. of course then you'd need to have simultaneous space/ground battles and that's not happening :(

there should only be a couple of instances where transports are seen:

1) you orderred a retreat but there aren't enough capital ships for the troops and they stay on transports.

2) transports have to be launched (maybe with a launch/recover button and the computer decides the number and load for them) and they have to either reach the planet or reach some kind of window zone over the planet, much like how the shuttle needs a window in order to launch or land in the right spot.

when the battle ends, you either hit an end button or the launch button and order your transports to the rondevous zone.

other than that, imperial transports, at least, shouldn't be seen. Maybe the rebel would have to be housed in Gallofree medium tansports but at least that would fit.

No, anytime that you move ground forces into your fleets, they are represented during space battles as being in transports.

That's what I would like to see modded - although I hope that having capital ships carry ground forces wouldn't screw up the role of transports in ground battles, though. Hense my compelling need to coerce an answer out of Delphi as to whether or not it can be modded. Through pain of torture. Fetch me...the soft cushion! :twisted:

Wait...you can't say "S-C-R-E-W"? Isn't that a tad on the Hillary Clinton side?

But they talk about having to protect transporters, they nust be indervidual units.

Evacuate, in our moment of triumph. I think you overestimate their chances. :)

Please can you post a comment on My clone story, in fan fiction. :)

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2306.0

(\_/)

(O.O)

(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

Guest JediIgor
Can we keep our AT Barges in the hangars until the last possible minute? I'd really prefer not to keep them out in the open like in some of the screenshots, plus we know an ISD is *supposed* to carry AT Barges (esp. since AT Barges don't have their own hyperdrives).

Very good point but I have seen screen shots of a group of transporters and some ties all on their own.

Evacuate, in our moment of triumph. I think you overestimate their chances. :)

Please can you post a comment on My clone story, in fan fiction. :)

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2306.0

(\_/)

(O.O)

(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

Very good point but I have seen screen shots of a group of transporters and some ties all on their own.

There are actually a series of pics showing x-wings attacking 4 AT barges and TIEs flying cover, and then a quick battle, then the x-wings are gone and so is one of the Barges.

100 poasts!