Things you hate in Star Wars

Eagle

He was on TMZ parading around with Paris Hilton... and acting just as cooky in Hollywood as on that video, I'm assuming that is the real him and not acting... hope him and Paris have little gay babies named Tinklebell and Dingleberry.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No No... I said Paris Hilton... not Perez Hilton... you're thinking of Perez Hilton, the homosexual socialite to the stars. Yes, he is indistinguishable from Perez Hilton.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

Something else I hate in Star Wars... How EVERYTHING centered around Tatooine.. I mean.. jeez... wasn't it supposed to be an OUTER RIM planet?!?! As luke put it.. "if there's a bright centerof the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

I think someone actually had a name for that. Something like "Tatooine syndrome". I mean, EVERYONE either comes or has been to Tatooine. I could have sworn that Tatooine was supposed to be an out-of-the-way system very few people had ever heard of... :lol:

@budious

Never heard of him, her or whatever it is. But Paris looks sometimes like a tranny.

@JH and SOCL

Oh, yeah, exactly! Think of Anakin, Luke, Boba, Han and Chewie etc. I guess that was a point where GL hadn´t not much fantasy. But wouldn´t that topic rather fit in here? ;)

Who cares at all?! :roll:

@budious

Never heard of him, her or whatever it is. But Paris looks sometimes like a tranny.

@JH and SOCL

Oh, yeah, exactly! Think of Anakin, Luke, Boba, Han and Chewie etc. I guess that was a point where GL hadn´t not much fantasy. But wouldn´t that topic rather fit in here? ;)

yes... talking about the logisitics of the "Tatooine Syndrome" would be the Some things aren't logical thread, however its also something that fits into the Things you hate in Star Wars thread.. :D perhaps what we all hate is the illogical nature of some things in the movie.. hence.. a paradox! 8O nah not really.. just yea.. trying to be funny on a wednesday afternoon after practically falling asleep in my office.. heh.. :?

oh and.. paris and perez hilton,.. yea.. if that chris crocker guy is hanging with either one.. its a sign of the apocolpyse! 8O

http://www.foxnews.com/images/247040/1_61_hilton_perez_and_paris.jpg

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Things I hate about Chris Crocker...

1. His youtube videos get more hits than episode III had viewers

2. His whiny feminine homosexual personality...

3. That things I hate about Chris Crocker has hijacked a things I hate about SW thread

4. He was cut as the third member of SNL's Ambiguously Gay Trio

5. Jimmy Fallon can now be considered straight.

6. Why did the hell am I still talking about him and dedicating a top 10 list to hate on him. Yeah, he deserves this much hate.

7. Now that he is friends with Paris Hilton, he can "cry" her case to the Judge at her next court case.

8. He once launched himself into outerspace by funneling diet coke and mentos into his ass.

9. Ryan Seacrest can now be considered straight.

10. ... and lastly... he totally ruined this thread.

-------------------------------------------------------

Regarding Tattooine, if they fear the sand people so much why are there no doors on Uncle Owen's ranch?

In the Star Wars CCG game I used to play, the Yoda and Emperor cards were not allowed to equip lightsabers, based on the premise that a Jedi Master did not use sabers, but the Force itself.

^this big time. I'm sure I said it before, but Yoda with a light saber, or Palpatine for that matter, simply looked completely wrong. In ESB, it seemed perfectly natural for the Emperor not to unleash a lightsaber, and instead take out Luke with a far more powerful and symbolic mastery of the Force with Force-lightening.

Yoda hoping about like a gibbon on steroids simply looked plain wrong, even with Count Dooku's rather feeble excuse in AotC, about resorting to traditional combat, or whatever the lark was.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

^this big time. I'm sure I said it before, but Yoda with a light saber, or Palpatine for that matter, simply looked completely wrong. In ESB, it seemed perfectly natural for the Emperor not to unleash a lightsaber, and instead take out Luke with a far more powerful and symbolic mastery of the Force with Force-lightening.

Yoda hoping about like a gibbon on steroids simply looked plain wrong, even with Count Dooku's rather feeble excuse in AotC, about resorting to traditional combat, or whatever the lark was.

ESB? You mean RotJ, right J? (welcome to the "old fogey's" club) :lol:

But Yeah, all that jumping and hopping around by Yoda almost got me sick just trying to watch it all. What was he thinking? At his age he could have had a stroke or heart attack in mid-tumble. Then where would the Jedi be? Uhmmm :?

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I liked seeing Yoda and Palpatine fight in the prequels. Well, Yoda anyway. I didn't like Palpatine's fighting style much. Yoda's made perfect sense to me. The thing I hated in AOTC, like I said before, was how Dooku and Yoda trade force powers and THEN fight with sabers.

In the OT Palpatine only ever had the opportunity to fight at Endor, and he chose to let Vader and Luke do the slugging. No matter what happened, Palpy would win. Luke kills Vader and turns, becoming the new apprentice. Vader kills Luke and earns the right to stay. Vader turns Luke, THEN Palpy has Luke kill Vader or something equally evil. The only thing he didn't expect was for Luke to turn VADER... At any rate, not fighting was totally in character for him. His fight with Mace was all staged to turn Anakin in the first place...

As for Yoda in the OT, we have to assume that he trained Luke with the saber on Dagobah. Why we don't see it is obvious: because he's a puppet. I for one ALWAYS thought Yoda was the ultimate badass. It goes back to that archetype of the unlikely looking old master who secretly is capable of amazing skill.

I don't think Yoda would let old age or depression get him down, he just had a different focus in the OT. He knew his time as a hero was done and his role at that point was to train the next in line to take down the Emperor and to pass on the Jedi way. I'm betting he could still hand out the beat-downs, it just wasn't what the Force had in store for him anymore.

And thanks, Rob, for changing the subject back to Star Wars...

(...Star Wars is my happy place...ahhhh...)

Why does C-3PO speak 14 million languages when everyone speaks English?

Why does C-3PO speak 14 million languages when everyone speaks English?

They don't. The movies have been telepathically dubbed into English so viewers can understand, or whatever language is necessary. Apparently you didn't know that :roll:

:lol::P

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Speaking of Threepio, how does a droid get to be racist?

"I can't abide those Jawas. Disgusting creatures." !?!

I call upon my oppressed Jawa brothers to rise up against this kind of artificial intellegence-propogated speciesism!

That, believe it or not, I'm willing to accept. I mean, droids in the movie had such an advanced A.I. that they had personalities, so I would be willing to accept that droids are able to form their own prejudices. That or you could argue that its contempt based on self preservation being that Jawas are known for capturing and doing what they will with droids.. or whatever it is they are known for...

Here's a question I have: Did Obi-wan ever show up to chat with Anakin/Vader? The whole Force-ghost thing is supposedly based on love (I'm semi-willing to accept that, since love is a large part of life), thus Obi-wan and Vader shared none, but Anakin Skywalker still existed, suppressed, within Vader. I kind of like the idea of the two having conversations; unable to slay his former master again, Vader can never stop hearing his mentor's words, and Kenobi could steer him back toward the light.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

\I mean, droids in the movie had such an advanced A.I. that they had personalities, so I would be willing to accept that droids are able to form their own prejudices. \

To quote Bender from Futurama - "Kill all humans!"

"Bite my shiny metal ass!" while you're at it.

Wow, Tofu, I never thought of that...

That would make a fantastic short story, a conversation between Obi-Wan's spirit and Vader, say post Bespin confrontation and about Luke... I love it!

And, yah, okay, I agree that by Lucas' vision of the droids I can accept that they'd be capable of forming their own prejudices. But c'mon, my Jawa brothers: Fight the Power! Damn the metal Man!

I kind of like the idea of the two having conversations; unable to slay his former master again, Vader can never stop hearing his mentor's words, and Kenobi could steer him back toward the light.

Something here reeks of Robot Chicken with Jar Jar and Vader :?

Did Obi-wan ever show up to chat with Anakin/Vader? I kind of like the idea of the two having conversations; unable to slay his former master again, Vader can never stop hearing his mentor's words, and Kenobi could steer him back toward the light.

That's kinda what I thought about after hearing his words in ANH... you know the whole strike me down powerful thing... and then in ESB you see his ghost.. so I thought he was referring to two things.. A) being able to mentor Luke all that much easier since he can be right next to him whenever and B) being able to torment Vader anytime... but that was just a kids imagination... perhaps..

Speaking of Threepio, how does a droid get to be racist?

"I can't abide those Jawas. Disgusting creatures." !?!

That´s surely because he has been captured by the Jawas.

Something here reeks of Robot Chicken with Jar Jar and Vader

Oh, yeah, how annoying. :lol:

Who cares at all?! :roll:

I know, C3PO had very good reasons for disliking Jawas. It just always bugged me a little. Droids are capable of developing real personalities, ok, but it just seemed a bit out of chaaracter for a protocol droid who's supposed to facilitate diplomatic dialogue. Besides which, I LIKE Jawas and it grates a little to hear him just casually toss out such a prejudiced remark.

You see this kind of thing in SF in general a lot. Humans are all rightly seen as equal, regardless of their race. But, partly as allegorical reflection on ourselves, alien races tend to be generalized by one or two traits. Thus, Bothans are sneaky, Klingons are violent, Chiss are cold and calculating, Jawas are tricksy and dirty and not too sophisticated. I usually like how it's handled, especially when writers take the chaance to develop an individual alien character (like Chewie or Worf or Spock) beyond the simple stereotype established for that character's race.

It does bug me some that most alien cultures are painted as this sort of unified, cohesive whole. Within a given alien culture there are often a few token exceptions (a Wookiee bounty hunter with no honor, for example), but there's nowhere near the diversity of views and practices that we see in even our own Earth-bound species.

I still can't quite believe that there's enough junk technology lying around on Tatooine to keep a whole race of people busy collecting and trading it.

Eh, I'm nitpicking. Threepio's remark just always irked me. This is why I love Star Wars, though. There's always more to think about...

In the EU I think that Stackpole and Aalston both did a great job of creating characters who broke from the norms. Stackpole created Asyr and one of the first inter-species relationships between Gavin and Asyr. Aalston made Piggy, our stereotypical non-stereotypical fellow, I suppose, and tacked on Runt, creating a whole new species for the EU. We also have our first de facto racists in the form of Castin (I always hated Castin...).

The Twi'lecks were also developed rather heavily; Tal'dirra, Nawara Ven, Dia Passik (sp?) all had distinct, very differant personalities. The Mon Calamari aren't looking so hot now, either, with Niathal in the Legacy of the Force books (Don't post any spoilers- you can only know that Niathal is not a good Mon Cal).

There were others, too, I'm sure, but I don't know them very well off the top of my head.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away