Things you hate in Star Wars

Eagle

And this entire Hayden Christensen crap business; would rather have had a famous actor like Tom i'm a twat Cruise? The entire point of the original movies was that GL went for unknowns; it's part of the fundamental essential ingredients of the Star Wars magic!

"Tom i'm a twat Cruise" :lol::twisted:

Can you image the chaos as Tom tries to explain to GL that The Force is really our true nature when Thalons are expelled from our spirit? And that other little suggestion of changing Jabba's name to Xenu :o

:lol:

8O Uh oh, there's a couple of weird looking guys in "suits" givin' me the eye. I think they might be ... scientologists. Better change the subject.

Hayden Christensen was cast to portray a vulnerable youth seduced to the dark side through emotional manipulation. ... we simply see someone being a prat; but that's how they behave at that age. :lol: We were all that age once! :)

I haven't been that age in a loooooooonnnggggg time, J :lol:

Edit: There you go Tofu :roll:

Edited by DarthTex
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hayden Christensen was cast to portray a vulnerable youth seduced to the dark side through emotional manipulation. ... we simply see someone being a prat; but that's how they behave at that age. :lol: We were all that age once! :)

I have been that age in a loooooooonnnggggg time J :lol:

*Clears throat* BEAK! I do believe you meant to say that you haven't been that age in a "loooooooonnnggggg time." Also, there should be a comma after the word "time" to indicate that you're addressing Jahled. But that's kind of going overboard, even for me. :twisted:

My issue with Hayden in Ep II was his overacting- "They're like animals (*Sniffle, tear, cry, weep, moan, groan*) and I slaughtered them! (*More weeping and moaning and groaning*) Like ANIMALS!!!!"

My issue with him in Episode III was a lack of acting- *Dead monotone* "I hate you Obi-wan. I'm going to kill you. You will try to resist, but you'll die." *Half-hearted battle cry*

Pained as I am to say it, Hayden was at least better as Anakin than Jake Lloyd (sp?). Sheesh, that kid was terrible. "Now this is podracing!"*Hurl*

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

My issue with Hayden in Ep II was his overacting... in Episode III was a lack of acting...

Pained as I am to say it, Hayden was at least better as Anakin than Jake Lloyd (sp?). Sheesh, that kid was terrible. "Now this is podracing!"*Hurl*

Exactly my thoughts. It's also the reason I played the N64 Podracing game on MUTE. :D

http://ge.swsimulation.com/icc4/images/ranks/army-navy/ME-1.gif

Recruit Tork Empla

Imperial Navy

"He who angers you, owns you."

hmm seems the genaral opinon is that the prequles where bad an so where the se but i like a 3 of the prequles an think lucas should remake the orginal whith the tecnology of the prequal go head shoot me youll never defeat me and my mandalorians *gaters fleet of kedalbe warships Blockades earth*

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/Darth_Syn/200px-Mandaloreultimate2.jpghttp://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p277/Crushedfeather/MandalorianSkull.jpg

92% of peapol listen ©rap these days if you are part of the 8% still listen to to real music ad this as part of you signiture

A very nice find, Jahled! :) It seems similar to The Annotated Screenplays released prior to the prequels, though this site is likely a little more, shall we say, accurate. :roll:

it seem Lucas is targeting a younger audience my young Friends thought the original trilogy was crap and the prequels where DA bomb

Mandalore wrote the above in a different thread and I thought it best to reply here.

It's a very interesting thought that would make sense. As grateful as I was to see better lightsaber fights than Obi vs Vader had to offer in the Original Trilogy, I just felt that Lucas went too "Hollywood" on the prequels. The OT may have been lame in graphics standards but it's what really made the movie memorable. For instance, I kind of missed the puppeteered Sy Snoodles do the very limited movement dance on Jabba's stage. Granted nobody is going to watch puppets this day and age (unless they prank call somebody) but some of the scenes just felt overdone. Not to mention that none of the characters really scare me the way Darth and the Emperor do on RoTJ. (side note: After watching RoTJ at age 5 I was always afraid that one day I would pee force lightning :lol: ,no joke. Although I'm not quite sure why that's where my force lightning would come out. I was a weird kid.)

George Lucas isn't the only one enhancing (and ruining) his movies though. I recently watched Pee Wee's Big Adventure on DVD and was disappointed to see that they fixed the scenes where you can see the bike chain being tugged from somewhere off screen through the bucket on the bike. Likewise they also fixed the scene where you can see the silly road signs being pulled by ropes. It would be like George Lucas digitally removing the stormtrooper that bangs his head on the door. :cry:

What I'm getting at is that remakes seldom have the same magic that the originals did even with advanced technology. To go back and change something hokey and make it more glamorous only ruins the memories that people have growing up with the films. So it doesn't surprise me that your generation takes to the prequels like some of the older crowd here did to the originals. This is YOUR Star Wars, we've already had ours and nothing else will compare in our minds. Just remember, if you ever hear George Lucas say he's going to enhance the prequels in 20-30 years get a petition ready. :)

http://ge.swsimulation.com/icc4/images/ranks/army-navy/ME-1.gif

Recruit Tork Empla

Imperial Navy

"He who angers you, owns you."

• 3 weeks later...

Where to start? Well, first off, I have to say, I love the original trilogy, and the expanded universe that came from it. My main disturbances come from the prequels. With that said, here goes...

1. The fact that Boba Fett's "father" was the prototype for the clones, and that Boba Fett was a clone himself. What a disgrace to the character. Also, changing the voice of Fett in the Special Edition just irked me.

2. Making Anakin Skywalker into a petulant little brat throughout II and III, and practically forcing him into the dark side of the force with the threat of Padme's death. When I listened to old Obi-wan's descriptions of Anakin in the OT, I imagined him as a man, not a boy, and a great warrior in the clone wars. I also imagined him being actually seduced by the dark side, seduced by the power, not the threat of death of the one he loved.

3. Droids. A war with droids has no meaning, has no feeling. Makes everything seem pointless. Especially a large group of jedis battling droids in close combat and losing. What a joke.

4. The lack of cool bad-guy leaders of the trade federation. General Grevious? The neimodians? Where are the Admiral Piett's, the General Veers?

5. The God-awful dialogue in the prequels, and the awful acting by Hayden to back it up..."don't let this kiss become a scar..." Wow! Talk about disturbing, that gave me nightmares...

6. The fact that Obi-wan could use superspeed to run away from droids, but couldn't use it to catch up with his beloved master during his fight with Darth Maul, and the fact that Qui-gon didn't wait for obi-wan to catch up.

7. The fact that Yoda is incapacitated by a fall from a height that many jedi in the movies fell from and landed on their feet.

8. The Frankenstein scene of the new Darth Vader. Very bad.

9. The fact that they let Hayden be in the suit in the movie. I'm sorry, but he just did not fill it out. It looked like a teenager in a costume, which I guess is what it was. Also, the pose he took at the end of the movie, with his arms across his chest, was just totally off. The Vader in the OT would never have taken a pose like that. Wouldn't he press all those buttons on his chest with that pose. Oh well.

That's all I can type right now, but there's much more. The prequels weren't all bad. The lightsaber fights of the first and third movies were excellent. Also, the first minute of III gave me everything I wanted to see in a full fledged space battle in the star wars universe. If only they could do something like that for the Thrawn series, like the battle at Bilbringi. Anyway, sorry about the rant, but thinking about what the prequels could have been and what they turned out to be just disgusts me every time I think about it.

6. The fact that Obi-wan could use superspeed to run away from droids, but couldn't use it to catch up with his beloved master during his fight with Darth Maul, and the fact that Qui-gon didn't wait for obi-wan to catch up.

That is one I have had issues with since I first saw Ep. I in the theaters.. It still irks me that they had this "super speed" yet.. whenever they were in a rush... they never used it..... ever.. GL just was like.. "Oh crap, I put them in a crappy life or death situation they cant get out of... oh I know.. they can run fast now!" only for them to use it and never speak of it again.. and forget all about it... :roll:

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

4. The lack of cool bad-guy leaders of the trade federation. General Grevious? The neimodians? Where are the Admiral Piett's, the General Veers?

The lack of true villains was one thing lots of people were complaining about. Sure there was Sidious, but he remained in the shadow. When he revealed himself being a sith in RotS the movie became more interesting. Dooku was much too nice for a real villain and Vader in his armour appeared much too late. Why not let him suffering all these wounds while he was attacking the jedi-temple? Than we could have seen him at least for a third of the movie wearing the black helmet.

BTW if I didn´t allready said that, welcome to the forums Jcarter. :D

Who cares at all?! :roll:

I just thought of one: R2D2 being able to fly all of a sudden in AotC. Didn't do much flying in the original trilogy did he? Did he not bleep and tweet when Luke levitated him to impress the Carebears, I mean Ewoks, in RotJ, as if he was a little freaked out?

But ah, you reply, perhaps he had his boosters removed over the course of the years that transpired... Well he must of, given he fell off Jabba's sail barge. :roll:

It just seemed like a pointless sudden revelation about one of the main characters that went against the entire point of having a prequel.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

But ah, you reply, perhaps he had his boosters removed over the course of the years that transpired... Well he must of, given he fell off Jabba's sail barge. :roll:

:lol::lol::lol:

That's the difference between Kenny Baker & CGI. Kenny was much more believable :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I still didn't like how R2 got "downgraded" in between the prequels and the OT. I mean, you can't have R2 have mini repulsor lifts (or whatever they were that made him fly) in the prequels if he doesn't have them in the OT. It just doesn't make sense.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

• SWR Staff - Executive
Maybe he had them, but didn't have the fuel or the parts necessary to run them. After 20 years, the "R2 repulsor mod kit" may not be available anymore :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

And another thing. I think that it is much more cost efficient for an R2 unit to repulsor itself into the socket of a starfighter, then to have some huge magnetic machine lift it up and place it in the starfighter.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

You know, I could live with Jar Jar and little Ani (even most of his horrible acting) and Dexter and all that. I even accept the Ewoks and the battle on Endor (it would have been so much cooler with Wookiees). Some things drive me nuts, though.

1. Greedo shooting first.

2. Dark Empire. If the Emperor is resurrected then HOW exactly did Anakin bring balance? It makes the end of Jedi feel so weak.

3. The cheesy-ass romance scene in the meadow in AOTC. I actually felt ill in the theater.

4. Actually, most of AOTC bothered me. Definitely the weakest of the prequels IMO. Padme falls out of a gunship, lies there injured, then when the clones run up she just sort of grunts and jogs away. And Obi-wan is completely incapacitated by a little force lightning and a couple of minor lightsaber cuts? ("it's just a flesh wound!"). Yoda and Dooku's magic fight ("I see your Schwartz is as big as mine"). Real masters would have gone in with sabers AND force powers at once. Sifo-Dyas? WhoTF?

5. Vader's Frankenstein scene in ROTS. Another moment when I had to cover my face in embarassment. I mean, Lucas actually knew how to make movies once. Couldn't he SEE how stupid that looked?

6. Midichlorians.

7. Anakin building C-3PO.

8. Lucas' attention to themes over story. Sure, he was trying to make a modern myth, but the dudes that wrote the ACTUAL myths were storytellers first. The myth should fit into the story, not the other way around.

Things I liked: Whiny Anakin. Kevin Smith NAILED it in that Legacy of Star Wars History Channel thing. That's EXACTLY the kind of kid who would end up wanting to rule the Galaxy. Also, after the third or so viewing I really started to LIKE Ep. 1. Sure, it's mostly a kid's movie. But it was a good, exciting kid's movie, and behind it all is Palpatine with his evil plan. The cheesy celebration at the end (the Gungans get a SHINY?) is a farce. The Good Guys didn't win, Palpatine did. Now that's storytelling.

Also loved every frame of Empire, anything with the Falcon in it, Darth Maul, the final fight scene with Luke and Vader, Qui-Gon, the music, puppet Yoda, the Rebel fleet, that first magical shot in Episdoe IV...

You know, I could live with Jar Jar and little Ani (even most of his horrible acting) and Dexter and all that. I even accept the Ewoks and the battle on Endor (it would have been so much cooler with Wookiees). Some things drive me nuts, though.

1. Greedo shooting first.

In all honestly, this is something that has never bothered me, given it was as aspect of the film I didn't even notice. Greedo basically says he's going to kill Solo, so Solo shoots him. Simple survivability. I couldn't give a hoot what was adjusted in the original or special edition I failed to even notice whenever i've watched any version of the movie! Greedo dies, the film moves on..

2. Dark Empire. If the Emperor is resurrected then HOW exactly did Anakin bring balance? It makes the end of Jedi feel so weak.

A rather good point! Also, takes you to the end of RotJ where the Emperor hadn't foreseen been thrown down the Death Star by Vader, despite frequent mutterings of 'Just as I had foreseen it!' But never mind.. I think there is a wide body of opinion that Dark Empire was a pile of tosh for continuity with the EU, it's quite frankly when I gave up on any of it all. It's a fun and well drawn comic yes (despite the rather rushed Empire's End), but is simply to silly at to many points to be considered a serious addition to the EU. The fact it is why I gave up.

3. The cheesy-ass romance scene in the meadow in AOTC. I actually felt ill in the theater.

I was, as far as I remember, thinking you lucky, lucky bastard, Hayden! :lol:

Oh come now, given we had to have some courtship with Luke's and Leia's folks, a little romance can't be wrong?

4. Actually, most of AOTC bothered me. Definitely the weakest of the prequels IMO.

Emm.. I'm not sure of this. GL needed a vehicle in which to explain the 'clone wars' and give us the Spartan will of iron frequently referred to with the Stormtroopers. Also, you are basically an idiot (not aimed at you Max!) if you haven't grasped by this stage that Palpatine (as mentioned in the original book) is manipulating events as an excuse to create the military machine that would be the Empire. The final scene of the marching hoards of Stormtroopers watched by Palpatine with Imperial March, explained it to me..

Yoda and Dooku's magic fight ("I see your Schwartz is as big as mine"). Real masters would have gone in with sabers AND force powers at once. Sifo-Dyas? WhoTF?

Yoda fighting whatsoever bothered me in the prequels. It simply all looked wrong. I could expand this to the mass battles involving Jedi; portrayed like Supermen in combat scenes, and reality coming across as a John Woo film on steroids. The distinction was red shifted to the somewhat ridiculous in my opinion. I'm also reminded of the wise one's words in ESB; 'A Jedi uses the Force for Knowledge, never for attack.' What was unleashed in the prequels somewhat blew all this away, and lacked any subtly with the deployment of the Force.

6. Midichlorians.

You are not alone.

7. Anakin building C-3PO.

Look above

8. Lucas' attention to themes over story. Sure, he was trying to make a modern myth, but the dudes that wrote the ACTUAL myths were storytellers first. The myth should fit into the story, not the other way around.

Complete agreement. Why did he ignore stuff he wrote in the original books? The Mandelorians, for example, described as a race of evil warriors defeated by the Jedi during the clone wars. Why ignore what he's already put pen to paper for tweny odd years and change it in the prequels with no reference to Mandelorians, and having the Fett gene as the clone good guys, in AotC at least? I frown. Again.

Things I liked: Whiny Anakin. Kevin Smith NAILED it in that Legacy of Star Wars History Channel thing. That's EXACTLY the kind of kid who would end up wanting to rule the Galaxy.

Again, I can go for this, with comments above you post. I don't really have a problem with Heyden etc

Also, after the third or so viewing I really started to LIKE Ep. 1. Sure, it's mostly a kid's movie. But it was a good, exciting kid's movie, and behind it all is Palpatine with his evil plan.

Agreed, the saga had to start somewhere. Incidentally, I saw Episode One in the company of a work college who hadn't seen any of the original films, and he simply loved it. I've had my doubts, but your assessment quite obvious.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Hey, Ive got no problem with well-written, well-acted romance. ESB is one of the most romantic movies EVER! Seriously, for me it's a close call between Empire and Casablanca, but Casablanca doesn't have the Falcon in it...

And I actually liked the scenes where Yoda actually fought. I don't know that Dooku would have lasted ten seconds against him, but oh well. It was something that was, rightly, not even brought up in the OT, but you always wondered...I even liked the silly draamatic buildup to the fight. but the back and forth force attacks, followed by a sword fight, followed by a distraction, followed by Dooku escaping, it just all felt too staged.

Then again (I JUST thought of this), given that Dooku is all formal old-school a formal duel might make sense. Do you suppose this could just be a Jedi tradition like take ten steps, turn and shoot? Maybe there's an unspoken agreement to keep the fight civilized? Still, Yoda should have whupped Dooku's ass...

The fighting itself was cool, but then I like Kung Fu flicks, too. As for never using the force to attack, I think that's just one of those things a Master tells a student to help keep things simple. After all, Yoda and Obi-wan are basically grooming Luke to take down Vader and the Emperor. Not that it's a load of crap, just that with age and experience and wisdom comes the ability to decide for yourself when to use force properly. Early in your training, especially with the Dark Side such a temptation, it's good to have a black and white view of things.

Ah, now we get into one of the good things about the EU; was Luke's Jedi training really fully Jedi training? Years are spent developing the young ones back in the days of the New Republic, but Kenobi and Yoda had only, what, a month between themselves to train him up? They taught Luke that which he needed to survive and to fulfill his destiny, primarily combat techniques; The Jedi, as non-aggressors, had much more to their training than this, obviously, as well as the full philosophy and moral decisions and all that.

Luke was honed into a warrior more than anything else, thus, while he strives to be a passive Jedi and, I argue, he is (as indicated by his training of other passive Jedi), he was never trained to be as much, but was trained to be a warrior.

@Jahled: Huh, so I'm not the only one who thinks that when they watch the make out scenes in movies... (Luckiest bastards: Tom Cruise, Nickolas Cage, Orlando Bloom, Johnny Depp, Hayden Christiansen...)

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Maybe he had them, but didn't have the fuel or the parts necessary to run them. After 20 years, the "R2 repulsor mod kit" may not be available anymore :)

He he he, that may look like this:

Industrial Automaton stopps production of Anti-Grav Boosters for Astromech-Droids

The news was short, but it needed no explanation at all, though most people knew that this day will come. So yesterday finally Gru D´Lokduk, chairman of Industrial Automaton, producer of the well known Astromech-Series, told in his weekly press-conference, that the production and support for Anti-Grav Boosters will stop from 10 BBY on. That´s due to the fact that modern ships are equipped with elevators nowadays, so no astrodroid has to use his boosters anymore. Another fact was that these boosters simply were much too dangerous to use them aboard ships.

At the end of the conference, Gru D´Lokduk couldn´t resist to make a joke about Cybot Galactica about the news that their series of memory-chips for protocoll droids were all defect and just would last for about 10 years, so all memory will get lost after that. :P

Who cares at all?! :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One thing I didn't like about Revenge of the Sith was how Sidious was cackeling and smiling gleefully during his duel with Yoda. I thought he would appear a much more menacing if he hadn't been doing so.

I think it also would have been better if he had been wearing his traditional black robes during the duel instead of the red.

Is it just me or did he also look kind of bloated?

http://www.geocities.com/xenogears23/Jokersinsigmgs.jpg

"Life is hard. After all, it kills you." - Katharine Hepburn