Rebellion Reloaded BETA - Questions and Answers

Lord_La_forge

I will try Reloaded BETA  

40 members have voted

1. 1. I will try Reloaded BETA

• Yes, I would gladly help with testing
    • Not interested, but it sounds great
    • I don't have faith in it anymore

If you got the files together you can .zip to me I can use install shield to whip together something like I made for my x64 installer. Let me know if I can help ya'll with that.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries, I also thought of installshield, but I found a free alternative in innosetup, the program eville used to ship his earlier Warlords versions with ;)

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Yeah it seems one of the guys was getting tailed by a Lucasfilm Copyright Cruiser, he had to run for the nebula and dump the finishing touch files, hey even we get boarded around here right, you can never be to careful.

I dont think the site still owes any to the Hutts so no big deal, time is on our side...

Don't suppose you guys have ever heard of Duke Nukem: Forever? :lol:

Coming soon... for the 10 years Anniversary of Star Wars Rebellion: 1998 - 2008!

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

Don't suppose you guys have ever heard of Duke Nukem: Forever? :lol:

Coming soon... for the 10 years Anniversary of Star Wars Rebellion: 1998 - 2008!

I think it could happen to the full version. The BETA must come out much earlier to have a nice, and tested TC at the end :D

• SWR Staff - Executive

Duke Nukem: Forever = many professional game designers, many companies involved, lots of $$$

Rebellion Reloaded - few non-professional, no company, no $$$

Quit complaining people unless you're actually helping out.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

The whole beta material is in the hands of the_Mask, who is putting all together in an installer. So the beta is finished already.

Mask is probably very busy, otherwise he would have released it last week.

Even I have no more information right now. Before release, it will be announced in the news with some extra screenshots.

Let's have some compassion here and realize that the guy has to juggle real life in with his work, and probably ranks real life higher than making a videogame mod for a bunch of folks he's never met and likely never will, eh, Huertolero?

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

For the third time in my life, I agree with Tofu.

LOL

:D Yes Mask is sadly exremely busy these days, he has his own problems thrust me. But he also wants to finish the BETA, so let's just wait for his reports.

I know, I've promised the BETA until the end of march, but now you see we always to deal with certain RL stuff first, as we are very few on the project, things can get stuck when somebody is going offline.

Anyways I think we need some preemptive applause for the release of the Beta.

http://www.rockcentral.co.uk/quiz/content/files/images/applause.png

...or should we hold the applause?

I don't know about preemptive applause... but at the request of Evaders I will quit my preemptive complaining and reserve for the actual beta, amount varying on quality :P

I swear, if it's a side-scroller, I will scream Duke Nukem!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi to all guys.

I am new here even if visiting the site since its creation back in the 90' when Rebellion came out.

I am very excited about this mod as it improve Rebellion so much especially in matter of Space Ships models.

Now any news about its release?

Any news on the project? We havent heard anything in a few weeks now. Would love to know if its still going on. It has been a few months sents the last update. The installer must be giving you fits. Anyway I hope everything is doing ok. This site has given some great tc's in the past so am hoping this one will go through.

Side scrolls the calender... drops down a ladder to the next row... argh! Duke Nukem - Forever!

*** Taps his wrist absent of a watch to remind the crew it is only 214 more days until the 10th Anniversary of the Rebellion release party ***

Budious will be bringing hard liqour and ice cream cake to the #swrebellion irc chat room for the 10th Anniversary Rebellion party and the Reloaded Release party... hope to see you there! Bring your own chair. :D

OKay since Mask didn't show up here, I'm happy to announce that the installer is finished (atleast Mask said so :D )

Now it's up to me to quickly write some list of the copyrighted material (like pics I've got from the net..) and of course in the first round, the members will receive the beta to check for major bugs and such

This is where we stand right now. Cheers!