1. 1. I will try Reloaded BETA

• Yes, I would gladly help with testing
    • Not interested, but it sounds great
    • I don't have faith in it anymore

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are currently finishing the advisor 3d models for the empire. The NR advisors were installed about a week ago. Probably, they'll have the orginial voices in the beta (c3po and imp22), but I hope, that this small "error" wil be corrected in the first release (patch)

Gimmeee Gimmeee... I haven't played Rebellion multiplayer in forever but I'm looking forward to kicking a whole lot of newb ass for balance testing :P

As far as balance testing... it's all paper, rock, scissors. Make the units close to strength to their relative production/maintenance costs and thats about as good as things get (it couldn't be any worse than the standard game balance). Tactics play too much into the game and you'll wonder why I'm using nav points and dragging a gunship vs lancer battle out for two hours. I'll probably complain more about the lame ass graphics and how I saw better stuff back in 99' :D

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

I hate to be nagging, but you seem to have a couple of hours left until the deadline :)

Give us some days man, Mask got next week free, so he probably will finish it soon. If not, bomb him with PMs :D:D

I1ll get some final shots together

Hi all, I'm new to this site, but a long time player of rebellion. All i can say is wow, i didn't know there were any other fans of this game left other than me and a couple of buddies. I'm absolutley thrilled to see that someone is making an updated version, as that's all this game needed. Anyways, kudo's to those that have been working on this, and thanks for making it.

Don't get your hopes up too high... they have me convinced that it's a sequel to Duke Nukem: Forever they are taking their sweet time on but I'm sure it'll be optimized to get me like 100,000 FPS online while playing by the time it comes out. :twisted:

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

Unless the developers have done a complete rewrite of the executable and it uses some other rendering method other than Direct Draw Retained Mode than don't count any blessings of playing Rebellion or Reloaded on Vista as the support for that mode has been dropped, search for d3drm.dll on your system, if it doesn't exist then you can't play Rebellion. With that said, I saw something about a rewrite but they haven't been forthcoming with details so that could mean anything from entirely new to hexedited. If you get desperate enough you can install Linux or BSD and use WINE to play Rebellion. I'm pretty sure ReactOS may even reach a point of reliability of installing and playing Rebellion within the next year.

And whats wrong with XP? i dont get what all the fuss is about this vista i mean you will be able to run dx10 games on xp as well once they make a patch, and the graphical look you can emulate easily.. and rebellion works perfectly :) ye ye, i know linux is the biggest pwnage around, but considering usability, i vote for xp, and im not going to change to vista unless rebellion 2 (lord hear my words) is gonna be vista only :)

• SWR Staff - Executive
i mean you will be able to run dx10 games on xp as well once they make a patch

So far, Microsoft is given no indication it will support DirectX 10 on XP. It is a Vista exclusive. Given how things are integrated into Windows, a hack for XP would probably take a long time

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

You've really got to love how every single person has voted for the "Yes, for the love of all that is holy, please!" option on this. :wink:

*Taps LLF on the shoulder* Hey- Is it done yet? Huh, huh, huh? Is it done yet? Is it? Is it?

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I hate to be nagging, but you seem to have a couple of hours left until the deadline :)

Give us some days man, Mask got next week free, so he probably will finish it soon. If not, bomb him with PMs :D:D

Soooo... 'next week' as in the week we're currently on now then?

....Is it done yet? No? Ok.

What about now. Is it done now?

*Foams at mouth*

8O

*Starts looking for Mask's PM*

(EDIT: Oops! I double posted with the Quote! Evaders, can you Nuke my previous post? )

And whats wrong with XP?

Didn't mean to imply that there was anything wrong with it... XP SP2 still owns half my hard drive on my laptop... the other half belongs to Ubuntu 6.10... I got some Windows Home Server beta running on a server (interesting product) and PC-BSD running on my main desktop system. My recommendation simply came from the point of view that if you are asking about Vista compatibility, more than likely you upgraded from a previous version of Windows (ie. XP) and you can rollback if you want to. On the other hand, if you want to use a sophisticated operating system and feel special since Vista isn't making the cut for you than try an alternative open source solution. Probably not something %99 of the users need here but having a bit of knowledge never hurts... I mean what are you going to do when the next version of Windows Home cost as much as Small Server does today? Ask yourself what takes Microsoft more time and resources to develop, Windows or Office, and then ask yourself why Office Suite costs around $499 for a standard edition. Once you realize that if Microsoft ever develops an effective anti-piracy solution you can expect to pay $500 for a version of Windows. That is your future.... fortunately I won't be sharing it with you... 8)

Hm, I think I found a good installer, folks. :D

So I'll be putting this thing to work and see, if it generates the package we need, or whether I have to continue programming my own :roll:

LaForge, if you have any sound packages like the unit responses left, that I don't have yet, then please make sure to send them my way, as well ;)

Anyone who wants to know about our progress can use the link in Defender's post to PM me, 24/7.

No really, I mean it 8)

*innocent whistle*

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif