New Members: READ FIRST!

SOCL

Thanks SOCL, it's good to be seen.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wormie! Er, yeah, there's no reason for you to remember me, but I remember you from your last check in here... I asked if you were a programmer for the game Morrowind on account of one of the programmers being known as "Wormie" and writing his name in Dwemer glyphs all over the Dwemer artifacts in the game... Yeeeaaaaaaaaaah. Welcome back.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Hi, I just found my old copy of SWR as I was going through some boxes full of old pc games (also found my copy xcom ufo defense). And I have to say I am amazed this game still has a following. I thought I was the only one who literally spent thousands of hours obsessively battling for control of a fictional galaxy far far away. So anyhow just thought I'd say hi, and I can't wait to use these add on cards you guys put so much effort into.

Welcome corran! :)

If your interested in custom made cards you also can find some of mine here. They aren´t in the database, because it´s not possible since nearly two years to upload new cards. BTW is that still the case, guys? Why can´t it be fixed again? :?

Who cares at all?! :roll:

Hi, I just found my old copy of SWR as I was going through some boxes full of old pc games (also found my copy xcom ufo defense). And I have to say I am amazed this game still has a following. I thought I was the only one who literally spent thousands of hours obsessively battling for control of a fictional galaxy far far away. So anyhow just thought I'd say hi, and I can't wait to use these add on cards you guys put so much effort into.

Corran Horn? Haven't seen you in forever...how's it going?

Corran Horn? Haven't seen you in forever...how's it going?

:? How? He only has a single post? :?

Welcome, corran! :)

• 1 month later...

Whoa! WTF?!?

Anyway...now just a GD minute, here......going on.

@SOCL: I would assume that corran played Undertaker online back in the day.

@the rest of you: What did you do??? These are not my forums!

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

• SWR Staff - Executive
Forums became Forums version 3.0 (phpBB 3.0 to be exact) :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

It's just so odd. And SOCL, undertaker was a big time online Head to Head player when Rebellion came out. I assume he played corranhorn, or at least knew who he was, at that same time.

It's just so odd. And SOCL, undertaker was a big time online Head to Head player when Rebellion came out. I assume he played corranhorn, or at least knew who he was, at that same time.

Oh, and E? As of yet, I don't approve. :wink:

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

• 1 month later...

Hello all!

I'm a 24 year old student from Wilmington, Delaware. I first heard friends talking about Rebellion when it first came out, years and years ago, but my family computer wasn't good enough to run it. I finally picked it up, and I'm looking forward to experiencing the classic.

That being said, I got it as a loose CD, with no rulebook or anything, and I've been sort of vexed. If anyone has a pdf of the rules or some sort of basic guide they can pass on, I would really appreciate it. If not, I'm sure I'll manage, its just a lot of complexity at once. Glad to see there is still a community for people who play this.

My old website from back in the day is mysteriously still online... must bring Yahoo too many good hits... whatever prolongs the Microsoft takeover is fine by me! I'm afraid once they do, it will be among the first of the old regime to the swept under the new Imperial carpet of Emperor Gates and Darth Balmer.

(click "Rebellion Project" for the strategy guides)

http://www.geocities.com/budskorner/ - Star Wars Rebellion Strategy Source! (circa 1999) ... old school tips from guys that long ago forgot how to play this game...

http://members.tripod.com/Buds_Korner/ - ... and apparently the tripod mirror still works too... just in case that evil Gates succeeds

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys, new to the forum, new to regedit, but used to play rebellion when it first came out, and re-acquired a copy via ebay a few years back, still play a bit...

im an aussie, former bouncer, former video game arcade manager, currently forklift driver

anywhos, was thinking if i get a group of rebellion players on msn then it might be possible to get some online gaming happening...

add me, grungie_one (at) hotmail (dot) com if you want another person available to play against...

Hello and welcome to the SWR-Forum! :)

Don´t be shy and stick arround with us a bit. There are also some aussies here on this board who are in search for people to set up a game.

Hey everyone!

I just got myself a new Laptop computer the other day using my economic incentive boost (and then some)...

Was talking with an employee about games... and this one immediately came to mind.

I went to order a new copy (would be my 3rd or 4th)... and found that I had to go to Amazon to find one.

Regardless, I am waiting on the delivery of my new Laptop and game... and I can't wait to get hooked on this one again. I might actually be there a little already! I found this site because I knew I'd probably have to search for answers to any Vista issues I may have... I see that there's stuff here to take care of that.

I look forward to hanging out with a bunch of guys that won't find my username odd. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a rather delayed welcome :wink:

Enjoy the site, and more importantly enjoy your nth instalment of Rebellion :)

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

• 2 weeks later...
I have been lurking on and off here for a couple of years now, and I just finally made an account! 8O But one thing I haven't figured out is what BEAK stands for. I think B is boring and E is explantions but what the AK? ??????? ???????????? Well +1 to my post count and only 1999 away to a coustom rank, lol.
Have you ever justed wanted to eat Ackbar? I mean come on a little tartar sauce a deep fryer and we're good to go.

Welcome to being an official member!

Ive been around here awhile, and I dont even know what BEAK stands for. All I do know is that it has something to do with correcting spelling and grammar...I think...

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Hello and welcome to the forums, sharpeye! :D

I´m looking forward to read your posts.

BEAK is something like tease I guess. But you got to ask the bossBEAKers Scathane, SOCL and Tofu about that. Another special word around here is ZOOT. Which is some kind of emperorlike evil monstercat or something like that.