New Members: READ FIRST!

SOCL

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G'day blah, from another Aussie. Welcome to the forums and enjoy :)

What he said, look up two posts because I'm lazy.

Actually, I thought only the UK version was Supremacy? My version, as well as others I saw in stores, is labelled Rebellion ... :?

Meh, Tomato - tomato I guess :wink:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

G'day blah, from another Aussie. Welcome to the forums and enjoy :)

What he said, look up two posts because I'm lazy.

Actually, I thought only the UK version was Supremacy? My version, as well as others I saw in stores, is labelled Rebellion ... :?

Meh, Tomato - tomato I guess :wink:

:? You'd know better than I would, Krytos.

• 1 month later...

Hmm, I guess it'd be polite of me to introduce myself too.

*overcomes his laziness*

Oh, hello there, then. I'm a huge fan of Rebellion - so many good ideas and background of the old sw movies, ah. I have been watching this site for some time, but have joined just recently.

And since there's still no Rebellion 2, I'm going to try to do something about it (currently finishing and translating basic part of my design document).

PS: English is not my native language (actually I'm czech), so please, don't beat me with sticks if I say something stupid.

-rebellion2 enthusiast-

Terra Reconstructed

Welcome to the site, Moribundus! :D

English isn't your native language? You could have fooled me! It's quite good. And no worries, no one will beat you at all, especially since we have to put up native speakers who can only a grunt a few words correctly on a good day. :wink:

When you say you're going to take care of the fact that there's no Rebellion 2, do you mean you're going to design a conversion? 8O

And no worries, no one will beat you at all..

Sweet :)

I want to make a strategy game, that will be based on similar principles as Rebellion (fleets, agents, missions), so that it'll be much easier to make a MOD, that not only replaces units/textures etc., but also allows for customization at strategy level. I have just registered the project on SourceForge (I was surprised by the complexity of their services - bugtrackers, job ad-boards, etc.) and I'll post more info here once I get that design doc translated (it has over 15 pages :( )

-rebellion2 enthusiast-

Terra Reconstructed

• 2 months later...

hmm, ive joined so i may as well introduce myself!

My names mike and i live in good ol england. I love rebellion and no favourites on which side i like best (though i do like stormin planets with huge fleets and legions of dark troopers :P)

Ive somehow managed to own both a rebellion and supremacy cd's and lost them both :? however ive recently found a rebellion cd so ive started to play it again and somehow found this site.

Nice to meet you, Hamster. Most folks just use their screen names for conversations, but if you prefer Mike, it's fine by me. Welcome to the site- most of us don't bite (most being the key word, there) and we're always happy to see a new face.

Enjoy the site and the people. And, in a little while, enjoy Rebellion Reloaded when the Beta comes out (Speaking of Betas, guys.... *hehem* :wink: j/k)

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Welcome to your new home away from home, Hamster. Most of us won't remember that your real name is Mike, so you may as well get used to the idea of everyone calling you Hamster.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Thats fine by me, i didnt really expect every1 on this site to read my post and remember my actual name!

Ive been having a look at the rebed but havnt downloaded it yet... im still tryin to get my head round the concept of downloading 'cards' to change my game. But i do want to get a few new models for the game and make the space battles a bit more attractive :D

Hello Mr Hamster! Where do you hail from in Blighty fella?

Oh, and download the RebEd, it sort of does stuff like revolutionize the game's playing experience! Plus a must before any of the cards can be actually be imported into the game :)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Welcome aboard Hammy!

Have fun going through the forums; you'll find a treasure trove of useful (and useless) information somewhere within this site. When you get frustrated looking for anything, just ask :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Welcome Hamster :)

Enjoy the forums, and be sure to pop your head into as many forum threads as you want :D

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all! It is indeed wonderful to see posts for a game that's 10 years old!

Rebellion is, in my opinion, the most under-rated game in the SW arsenal and I hope to see more members join in the future.

I would enjoy a multi-player game as well. Please look me up in that category if you're interested!

Rotor

a.k.a. VE_RotorHead

Ah, another VE cast member has arrived. Do you guys play planetarion or use netgamers irc ? Between here and there are the last remeninents of msn gaming zone rebellion. :( Gamespy has never been a good substitute.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Hey everyone,

New to the forums, but I've been playing Rebellion since it came out, and had done a lot way back when with RebEd to enhance my games. I took several years off of playing, and managed to find this site in random Star Wars searching. Holy crap! Last I knew no one even knew if it was possible to change out the ship models! This changes everything! I loved changing out cards, but it's not the same when Home One looks like a Bulk Cruiser and the Falcon is a Med TRN... So I dowloaded a bunch of new cards, models, and pretty much everyhting else I could find and have spent about the last four weeks modding the heck out of this game. So far it seems to be going well, but I haven't even gotten to testing the game yet, as I'm still obsessing on stats, etc.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I'll probably be around here quite a bit, especially with Reloaded coming up!

And many thanks to everyone who has obviously put SO much work into this great site! Thanks for keeping Rebellion alive!