Flatlanders

You don't need ocean, nor beach. These are nice, but irrelevant. As for distance, its not actually that far away. I could walk to the horizon in that photo, that farm hill just looks farther away because of the coloration. It is a bad pic to show off the mountain though, which doesn't show up hardly at all.

*rummages around for another pic*

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't need ocean, nor beach. These are nice, but irrelevant.

HERETIC!!!!!! *Beats Xan over the head with the double-bladed swordfish* Hmm, its rusty... I must hit it with cheese until it is sharp again...

I live in a rather flat part of Florida (An effing island is definitely flat). The beach is nice, as are the dunes, and there really is hardly any contour to the land. I live with it just fine. I live with mountains just fine. I hate living in a city with the lights on 24/7, however... Nearly killed somebody when I was in Vegas... But now I'll go back on topic: I don't care if there are hills or flats in the area. I'm fine with 'em. my area, as I said before, is flat, but we have trees to make up for it.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I can live w/out hills if there are trees, I won't be happy about it, but I can do it. Where I was at in IL there were neither, at least not in large enough quantities...

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

You don't need ocean, nor beach. These are nice, but irrelevant.

HERETIC!!!!!!

There, I must agree with tofu. HERETIC!!! No ocean = DEATH!

...*Beats Xan over the head with the double-bladed swordfish* Hmm, its rusty... I must hit it with cheese until it is sharp again...

Guest Scathane

Well, as I said before, the Netherlands are quite flat but their also relatively small. I think you can cross our country by car in roughly 3 hours time... Providing you don't hit any of the frequent traffic jams, that is... :roll:

Anyway, I live in the city, so the flatness doesn't really bother me... :D

*runs from swordfish beatings*

I'm not a real big fan of wind, and the coast is always windy. Not a problem for visits (I've visited the Oregon coast at least 6 times), but I wouldn't want to live there.

8O

Well, I suppose Oregon isn't exactly beach material. But still...

8O

...weirdo.

lol... SOCL, I have the feeling that this might be the beginning of a force that can counter Mitth and Scath... BWAHAHA! :twisted:

12/14/07

Naw, just bomb the trees and use bunker-busters on those pesky hills. :wink:

Honestly though, the beach is nice, but I like forested mountains more. Much more. Especially since they aren't so windy. And usually have cool (both 'cool' and cold) lakes to swim in, and most importantly of all, rivers to raft!

(Rafting is my favorite activity outside of video games. It might overtake even gaming, except for a few unfortunate and unwanted side effects of rafting, like sun burns and bug bites. Any of you guys been rafting?)

Naw, just bomb the trees and use bunker-busters on those pesky hills.

*Straps a sword to each hip, a twin set of blades to back, and grabs sniper rifle. Then calls up Evo and tells him "We're going to South Dakota to hunt down a Mormon who wants to destroy our scenery." Leaves for SD a few minutes later...* Swordfish beatings are the least of your worries, Xan. :evil:

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Any of you guys been rafting?

Yup. Down the Grand Canyon when I was in 5th grade. I didn't really control the raft, but it still sort of counts... Okay, no, not really at all...

But I do kayak occasionally. We have an ocean kayak model which means that we can go in fresh, brakish, or salty water with it. "Kayak surfing" as I like to call it is a pretty awesome pass-time in which you get the kayak out on the ocean and ride a wave in... We have a tandem, one which I am usually in the front of (Something about being too skinny to be in the back or something to that extent).

Still, ocean water can be nice and cool to cold... Though there is the bad side effect of tourists :evil: "No, I am not a tour guide. I'm wearing swim trunks and a T shirt, why the hell does that make you think that I'm a damned tour guide?!?"

Sends those little three-year-olds running away to their increadibally buff parents who, thank goodness, are incapable of swimming because they live in Toronto where sticking your foot in a river will both kill it through frostbite and and turn it into a tenticacle from the pollution.

12/14/07

(*** looks around seeing if anybody is listening ***)

Psssst. Psssst. Mitth?

Mitth, it's Worf; change it quickly, BEAKers are lurking! :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Correct, Worf from the movie First Contact.

[crash course in rafting]

Before I confuse anybody, I'd better explain what rafting is. It sounds like you did go rafting Tofu, but because when I first moved here and mentioned rafting, nobody had a clue what rafting really was, I think I'll quickly explain. By rafting, I mean on an inflatable raft going through rapids (usually on a swift moving river, often through a canyon). Rapids meaning whitewater, when the water churns/flips/spins in some way to produce a rollercoaster-like effect. Only wet, more fun, less predictable, and for longer periods of time. Class 3 rapids are the fun ones, fours were the best but harder to navigate and less frequent. I've never been on a 5, as they are rather dangerous, and 6 is supposed to be impossible.

[/crash course in rafting]

I never said that going down the Gran Canyon wasn't rafting, just that I wasn't in control of the boat, thus I wasn't actually rafting...

12/14/07

Okay, I'll put it nice and simple (Ye gods, this must be a sign of Mitth's apocolypse- me explaining a simple concept in small words to another forum member): I was a small child in fifth grade. We went on something called a tour. You are not in control of the boat when you are on a tour. The tour lasted five days and traversed the length of the canyon. Now do you see?!? 8O8O:wink::lol: j/k, Xan, you aren't a fool- I guess I could've been more clear.

12/14/07

I told you. The end is drawing near. I personally can't wait to see the moon turn red...the horsemen could be fun too.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Grand Admiral... nice, very nice. You're right, the end must be drawing near. :wink:

Ouch, get some ice, you just got BURNED! :lol::lol::lol:

12/14/07