Difficult To Understand

HerrGeneral

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8O

That's quite the fleet setup there. I usually have an ISD and some support ships, like a few lancers and carracks. Carriers are only needed for the mobile fleets, so I don't leave any stationed at Corescant. 48 TIE intercepter squads and 9 dark trooper regiments, two shield generators. On the rare occassion that they do attack Corescant, this has always been more then enough... that many fighters will do a lot, and the one and only time the Rebels overpowered them they couldn't break through the shields anyway, and with a general and 9 dark troopers on the ground none of their missions got through. Later in the game I'll park three ISDIIs there, and lately I've put a few Dreadnaughts as well (I modded them up a bit to reflect new technology upgrades, so they are actually useful). That whole sector is usually under tight Imperial control in under 300 days, so I never need more then that and one rapid responce fleet, which remains at Corescant until called for. Even that fleet only contains a max of 3 ISDs or ISDIIs, one or two carriers, and a few smaller support ships.

My first several games I was very disappointed at the AI Empire's defense of Corescant. The only way to get a decent battle there is to play as the Empire and then get the Alliance to attack you; do that by leaving them a planet in the sector to stage attacks from. Just like I was always disappointed by the AI Alliance's defense of their capital; usually just a few fighter squadrons and maybe a blockade runner or two.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

One way to make capturing Coruscant harder, or a pain in the arse, depending on your point view, is to use RebEd to give the Empire three GenCon IIs and two LNRIIs at game start. I can't really offer any advise on the Empire's fleet defense though, other than recomending you using the traitor program in the downloads section and watching a game, and how the AI behaves, for about 1000 days. The Empire does build up a huge fleet and tends to use Coruscant as it's 'home base.' FOr example setting off to Yavin, and then returning to Coruscant. Then it might check out Corellia, before returning to Coruscant... etc etc... Well that is what I observed anyway. :)
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

My problem is, they send out their big fleet/armada from Coruscant to whatever area I'm winning in. When they get there they normally do battle with largest fleet I have built up at the time. (Or if I have enough warning, ALL of the fleets I have built up at the time.)

Which means I totally kick their ass losing maybe a dreadnaught and some corvettes to knock down a couple of Star Destroyers. Then they never recover because I follow them back to their ship yards, which I take out with sabotage missions from orbit.

I'd leave them their shipyards but I play on hard.

I've gotten to the point where I can basically choose when to win a game against the AI. At the drop of a hat, I can pretty much annihilate their entire fleet (except in the first 100-200 days). Its sad really; I have to control myself, hold myself back, and not do things just to get a few decent battles. I'm really looking forward to RR because it will make things different, replace some of the replay value I've lost because of how stupid the AI is.

(You'd think I should play multiplayer, but I don't have the time for an entire game in one sitting and have had bad experiences with trying to save and return later. I need a few fellows I can get to know outside of the web, and then I could actually play some multi.)

Good deal HG. I don't like playing with anything other than a huge galaxy anymore. It tends to make the games last longer.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Small galaxy is good for learning, quick games against friends (or so I'd imagine, anyway), and experimentation. I use small all the time when I'm tinkering with unit stats and so forth.

Other then that, large is the way to go. I almost never do medium.

I can't remember the last time I used a medium galaxy. I don't think I've played on a difficulty level other than hard in years either...

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Well, I finally got the computer to build a Death Star.

Just it went ahead and built 5 Eclipse class SSD's first. And as an even greater supprise it's starting to expand into the out rim. Yep! They colonised an entire sector in the outer rim surrounded by my most heavily fortified sectors. :roll: ...and havent touched the outer rim sectors on the other side of the galaxy.

Stupid AI.

You got the AI to build a Death Star?!?

Wow, I'm impressed. First you make one nice looking banner for your siggy, then you do what I thought was impossible. Computer with a Death Star...

*mumbles to himself, trying to think of ways to do that and still win the game*

*mumbles to himself, trying to think of ways to do that and still win the game*

Er, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you the one who whined that people ought to know that you can change the "Ship Value" I believe it was with RebED? You, know, so that the AI will build more of a certain type of ship? Just set the D.S.'s Maintenance down and raise the ship value doohicky... That being the technical term, of course :lol:

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I actually lowered the cost of the DS twice. Down to about 1/4 of what I had it originally set for. That still didn't work, the computer just started building Star Galleons and Eclipse SSD's for some reason. (Which still cost 250 to build. :roll: )

So I lowered the DS Price a second time, down to the 70-80 range, maintinence 40. And it's finally building one. (Killed the 1st one about 2 weeks after finding it.)

They're already building a second one. Wonder of wonders, they have a DS Shield at Coruscant!

(8O I'll have to leave my SSD at home when I attack Coruscant now. )

This is day 2000-ish with almost all costs set for half, and with maintinence for troop regiments set at 1. I've been sitting at my five shipyards with big fleets ready to go and pound Coruscant since day 900.

Oh. Okay, I'm not impressed anymore. I thought you managed to get the computer to build a DS with its standard settings...

Er, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you the one who whined that people ought to know that you can change the "Ship Value" I believe it was with RebED? You, know, so that the AI will build more of a certain type of ship? Just set the D.S.'s Maintenance down and raise the ship value doohicky... That being the technical term, of course :lol:

Can't do it in RebEd, its in the other editor (SWRE). I wasn't trying to whine about it, I hope it didn't come across as such. And as I said above, I thought he managed it with the default values. Making me think of how that's possible in a game you could actually win (I saw them build one once when I'd just started learning the game, but it was on hard, large galaxy, and I was on my last legs before finally dying).

• 9 months later...

*lol* that really .. funny to see that i AM NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD who is angry because the empire don't wanna build anymore f*cking death star or a decent fleet exept if you beg the a.i. by saying: PLEASSEEE there.. it's free. FREEE

even after that the damn Computer will hesitate.. : hmmm no. More and more carrack cruiser.

=_=

no wonder why it's so........ sweet to play against another human..

so that new super ultimate patch named RR (right?) will resolve those problem? where can i get the details?

yea, but then you can never make a death star run with your x-wings....

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg