Difficult To Understand

HerrGeneral

Says you. I'm pretty sick and tired of accidentally clicking somewhere and having that idiot counterpart of his tell me I'm an idiot (though not is so many words). I doubt Mr. R2 would let us pitch his friend, so R2 has to go as well.

Really, he doesn't have to be disassembled. Just get him out of my face! :lol: (Can't wait for Reloaded...)

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says you. I'm pretty sick and tired of accidentally clicking somewhere and having that idiot counterpart of his tell me I'm an idiot (though not is so many words). I doubt Mr. R2 would let us pitch his friend, so R2 has to go as well.

Really, he doesn't have to be disassembled. Just get him out of my face! :lol: (Can't wait for Reloaded...)

Tofu and I were talking about Scath...

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Now know's how to select multiple units and send decoys.

*Happy Dance*

Aww... dude. It took me half a year to figure out how to use decoys when I first started playing. (Mind you I didn't have access to the manual because a friend had given me their old copy.)

PS: I took a screen shot of your 777'th post Mitth.

Now know's how to select multiple units and send decoys.

*Happy Dance*

Aww... dude. It took me half a year to figure out how to use decoys when I first started playing. (Mind you I didn't have access to the manual because a friend had given me their old copy.)

PS: I took a screen shot of your 777'th post Mitth.

Half a Year is properly how long it would have taken me if it wasn't for this forum. Why didn't you just post the question here like me? :lol:

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banner_be.gif

It probably has something to do with the fact that D16 joined less than a year ago. I'm almost certain he's been playing Rebellion longer than that.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Virtually everything I learned about Rebellion I learned on my own or from the manual, as I didn't find the forums until many years after I started playing. I'd guess this is the same way with most of the old school players like D16.

It took me about that long to figure out decoys, and at least a year (probably more) to feel comfortable with tactical combat.

I've been playing Rebellion for about 6 years now and didn't really find out about SWR.com until two and a half years ago.

The quick glimpse I had of the manuel didn't talk about all of the various left click/drag options that you need for the more advanced options.

My first game consisted of an epic struggle for the Sluis sector and generally getting my ass kicked by the Imperials.

(Though to be fair, my first game as the Imperials featured a battle between a Vic and 8 Y-wing and X-wing squadrons. OUCH. )

lol, my first game consisted of me going "I set my Star Destroyer shoot capital ships! How can it not take out two Nebulon B frigates?" and losing things due to lack of maintenance. :lol: The Empire kicked my a$$. My next game consisted of a rather epic struggle for Sluis as well. Ironically enough I captured virtually every planet and system but Sesswenna before I mustered everything in my fleet to attack what I was certain was a hugely defensive location- and went up against one SSD, a vic, two crracks, and an interdictor... With over 100 dreadnauts, dauntleesses, Mon Cals, and CC-7700... Needless to say, they were pwned.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

My first game consisted of me building troops everywhere, trying to figure out what planetary cannons were good for, and why I had no refined minerals. The Imps had my head on a silver platter in no time at all. Second game I'd gotten mines/refineries down a little, but still put 6-9 troops per planet and wondered where all my maintainance went... :roll:

My first truly sucessful game (as the Rebellion) had a kind of assembly line effect going. I let 3PO manage the building of mines and refineries and figured out the 'reserve' feature. With the reserved construction yards I built up a string of shipyards.

Heavy ships like Mon Cal cruisers would be built in the large outer rim yards then pick up fighters & troops in the Sluis sector at one of four planets. I'd then group them together into small fleets to send to the Sesweena sector rally point.

The battle for Coruscant was the ususal rout for the Imps that I've come to expect over the years. Only two destroyers and some support ships against my entire fleet. :x Not much of a battle.

That seems to be very common. You start playing as the Rebels and think It's their capital, they're going to defend it. So you build up this huge fleet and in the proccess take away the Empire's ability to create fleets capable of stopping you. Then you get to Coruscant and are greatly disappointed.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

As a dedicated Imperial (I am a Grand Moff :) I never leave Imperial Center undefended for longer than a couple of weeks. Even then it has enough ground troops, fighters, ect. to last until a fleet comes back. Of course I am also a bit paranoid! -Grand Moff Conway

GMC has just validated my point. Those of us that play as the Rebels and/or both sides expect the AI Empire to do exactly what Paul does.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Well, it took me 3000+ days to win, but win i did. Long Live The Empire! I loved the cut scenes of the Death Star firing, and to see the Rebel Headquarters be bombed and begin to fall to the planets surface. :twisted: Now onto Normal setting in the large galaxy. :arrow:
http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banner_be.gif

(Man my post is gone! *starts re-typing post*)

I normally defend Coruscant with 4 Golan Platforms (if available) 4 ISD's and add 7 VSD's eventually. I'll also park the Executor and it's fleetgroup at coruscant when not on missions. For each ISD I'll have 2 Lancer Frigates, a carrack cruiser, and throw in some Carriers incase I need to evacuate some of my TIE forces.

I'll put 1-2 rapid response fleets at secondary fallback positions made up of ISDII's and VSDII's should I need to strike at any blockade arround Coruscant.

I put something on the order of 40 Tie squadrons on the ground, 12 stormtrooper reg, 9 darktrooper reg, and 12 miscelanious reg.

And how often is Coruscant attacked? Never! Not once has the capital been attacked when employing this setup. The planets my rapid response fleets guard are attacked before Coruscant is. It's annoying. :roll: