Difficult To Understand

HerrGeneral

After a weekend of gaming here and there, I think I have pretty much mastered most of the game.

Erm... either you have much to learn and don't know it, or I'm dumber then I thought (it took me a lot longer then that to really get the game down). For your sake, I hope its the latter. :wink:

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one lads. After a weekend of gaming here and there, I think I have pretty much mastered most of the game. Thanx for the support. :)

I think 'mastered' is an overly strong term. Consider checking your translation. I've been playing the game since about the time it came out. I don't think I'VE mastered most of the game. Sure I can beat the figurative snot out of the computer everytime, but I'd most likely get schooled anytime I went to play a real person. It's like playing chess w/ the same person over and over. You learn how they play and get to the point where you can beat them often. If you then go and play someone w/ a completely different style/strategy but is just as good as the person you play w/ all the time and you play like you would against that first person then chances are good you are going to lose. (I know that sentence ran on, but I don't really care...)

Did any of that make sense to you, HG?

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

LOL....no no no.....wait wait. What i mean by 'mastered' is i now know how the play the game thanx to you guys. I don't mean i can kick the crap out of the AI. No way! Ha. If only i could. :) I'm on easy setting playing with only 10 sectors. :P

Edit: With the exception of Imperial Commando's and Noghri whom never seem to be able to carry out their missions no matter how many i send..? How come?

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banner_be.gif

Noghri have a tough time because their missions are hard (capturing is easier then assassination though, don't ask me why). They both have problems because their stats are poor, almost half of what your character's stats usually are when you send them on similar missions.

Avoid sending them places that have generals, as its much harder to do a mission on such a planet. And as mentioned before, fleets are good at foiling your missions. I'd send groups of them, 5-8, and have 2-3 agents and the rest should be decoys. Decoys always improve your chances. Also consider sending a group of 4-6 with a character; the character and one nogrhi/commando should be agents, the rest decoys.

Also consider sending a group of 4-6 with a character; the character and one nogrhi/commando should be agents, the rest decoys.

Carefull though, by using special forces with characters, the character's stats don't improve...

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Is this different from using multiple characters, when only one character gets a stat boost? I just figured the single char would get the boost... better tell me now if that's not the case, I've sent many people out on such missions.

Anyway, most of the missions commandos/noghri can do succeed or fail baised upon the average stats of the group. Adding more commandos/nogrhi doesn't increase the average, just makes it less likely that when they foil the mission they will catch everybody who was sent... meaning with enough numbers somebody will be left to pull the mission off. Sending a character with high combat/espionage will increase the group's average, which is why it will succeed more often. That's why if you have a group of characters you want to send on a mission, you don't send anybody with stats that are too low, as it hinders rather then helps the group.

Is this different from using multiple characters, when only one character gets a stat boost? I just figured the single char would get the boost... better tell me now if that's not the case, I've sent many people out on such missions.

Nope! You're all right with multiple characters on missions; all their appropriate attributes should slowly improve in accordance with what mission you've sent them on. This is why I like long games sending characters on incite uprising missions...they tend to be much better admirals/commanders/generals with the improved leadership... :)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

I'll have to remember that. I just like long games because I can usually coax the computer into actually making a fleet of reasonable size... though it does take awhile.

But be careful not to send to many agents at the same time or the chances of the mission failing shall increase.

When does this apply? As far as I understood, it didn't really matter how many people you sent, so long as the average stats were still high. Again, am I off?

As I believe the manual puts it "Its easier for one man to slip past the guards than half-a-dozen"... Which they, of course, stole from ANH AKA Star Wars.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I generally pick one character to perform the mission. If they fail I give them a decoy and/or support. As they succeed more often I reduce the support they recieve.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

I send them spam. On the same day a given planet might recieve twenty espionage/sabotage missions on the assumption that security can't possibly keep up with everybody. Unfortunately they appear to be quite capable on some planets :evil:

12/14/07

:?:?:? Ok, now bare with me. I can only seem to send Imp commando's/noghri and characters one at a time. I can't seem to send them together. Plus every time I try and send a decoy the imp driod says "I'm sorry, but the assigned units can not perform that task". ? What am I failing to do here?
http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banner_be.gif

Hold down the "Ctrl" key to select units one at a time, hold down the "Shift" key and select units "between" the first and second "clicks" :wink: (Be careful when selecting so you get the same type of unit for the mission, as mixing units will not let the mission proceed). If for example for get one spy droid in a group of commandos, just hold down the "Ctrl" key and click on the spy droid. He'll be dropped from the selected group. The "Ctrl" and "Shift" keys are like "toggle switches for on/off" when you click. Experiment a bit and you'll get the hang of it.

When you right click for the mission:

select a destination (planet/system) for an espionage mission

select a character for an assassination/abduction/rescue mission

select an object (facility or ship or unit) for a sabotage mission

As for your last question:

I can only seem to send Imp commando's/noghri and characters one at a time. I can't seem to send them together. Plus every time I try and send a decoy the imp driod says "I'm sorry, but the assigned units can not perform that task". ? What am I failing to do here?

Since you are having a problem selecting more than one unit, a mission won't work if that one unit is a decoy (a decoy for what? you only had one unit selected, either that one unit does the mission or there is no mission, it can't be a decoy for nobody. Get it? :wink: ) So, the "Ctrl" and "Shift" keys solve your multiple units on a mission problem, which then solves your decoy problem. Good Luck! :D

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I sleep in and any assistance I would have offered has already been taken care of.

@HG: Listen to them. They know what they're talking about.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Guest Scathane

Speaking of Goldenrod...

Bail Organa: "Captain Antilles, I'm placing these droids in your care. Treat them well. Clean them up. Have the protocol droid's mind wiped."

:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Speaking of Goldenrod...

Bail Organa: "Captain Antilles, I'm placing these droids in your care. Treat them well. Clean them up. Have the protocol droid's mind wiped."

:twisted::twisted::twisted:

And don't forget to dissasemble the astromech for spare parts- lord knows we don't need him correcting our ship's log's grammar and spelling!

12/14/07

Guest Scathane
And don't forget to dissasemble the astromech for spare parts- lord knows we don't need him correcting our ship's log's grammar and spelling!
Sigh...