What is your favorite lightsaber duel?

Sinister

What is your favorite lightsaber duel?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite lightsaber duel?

• Qui-Gon Jinn & Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Maul (Episode I)
    • Obi-Wan & Anakin vs. Count Dooku (Episode II)
    • Yoda vs. Count Dooku (Episode II)
    • Obi-Wan & Anakin vs. Count Dooku (Episode III)
    • Obi-Wan vs. General Grievous (Episode III)
    • Mace Windu vs. Darth Sidious (Episode III)
    • Yoda vs. Darth Sidious (Episode III)
    • Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader (Episode III)
    • Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader (Episode IV)
    • Luke vs. Darth Vader (Episode V)
    • Luke vs. Darth Vader (Episode VI)
    • other

-Ponders Tofu's last comment, and cackles evily- Little do they know that my avatar is really just an April Fools Day joke one year in the making, mwahahaha!
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just give every one a mention..

- Qui-Gon Jinn & Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Maul (Episode I)

Very good choreography, brilliant music and good camera work. Not the best, but one of the better ones.

- Obi-Wan & Anakin vs. Count Dooku (Episode II)

Weak compared to Ep. I's one. I didn't bother to follow that one too closely, after a while it just became tiring.

- Yoda vs. Count Dooku (Episode II)

Oh dear god no. Yoda should never have been given a lightsaber fight. Never, do you hear me?

- Obi-Wan & Anakin vs. Count Dooku (Episode III)

Rather nice if only for being such a predictably similar situation to RotJ. Not really stunning, but for once it fit the story.

- Obi-Wan vs. General Grievous (Episode III)

I don't even remember that, so I guess I didn't like it.

- Mace Windu vs. Darth Sidious (Episode III)

Nice movement again, good pacing, fun to watch. Not bad.

- Yoda vs. Darth Sidious (Episode III)

Despite what I said earlier about Yoda and lightsaber fights, it was quite enjoyable. Only... Sidious should have cut back on the mad laughs. It didn't exactly help in taking him seriously

- Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader (Episode III)

Very fast, very well done. Good music, too. A bit over the top. Better than the actual fight was Obi-Wan's monologue afterwards, although I wonder what kind of Jedi would leave his 'brother' suffering like this.

- Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader (Episode IV)

Too slow, not too exciting. Unlike later fights where lightsaber combat was a bit like fencing, this one had more of a longsword feel. Both characters had some very nice lines, though.

- Luke vs. Darth Vader (Episode V)

First one of my favourites. It shows Luke's inferiority in lightsaber combat, and it's quite moody and emotional. Only thing that rally spoils it is Vader's constant one-liners, especially in the beginning stages of the fight. Had he been more quiet, this would have been it.

- Luke vs. Darth Vader (Episode VI)

My winner. Really emotional, very fast and energetic movement, and you can feel Luke's anger when he begins to hack away at the weakened Vader. Awesome music in that part too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/RiesstiuIV/Krempel/trapaure.gif

- Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader (Episode IV)

Too slow, not too exciting. Unlike later fights where lightsaber combat was a bit like fencing, this one had more of a longsword feel. Both characters had some very nice lines, though.

Lucas could...redo that duel. With today's technology, and the fact that Lucas has already added things to the original tirlogy, why not? They could get somebody to play Obi-wan for that particular part. Then, using special effects, edit the original Obi-wan's face onto the double's. His hood is up during the fight and you don't see that much of his face, so I wouldn't think it would be that hard to do. The parts where Obi-wan says something, they could just use the original footage.

They would have to do some serious work to make it look good and believable and seemless as possible. But, they could probably make a more interesting fight scene between the two. If it was done right, it could be really cool. It would be nice to see Vader and Kenobi's final duel have more flair to it.

http://www.geocities.com/xenogears23/Jokersinsigmgs.jpg

"Life is hard. After all, it kills you." - Katharine Hepburn

And Vader is considerably slower, and rustier and Jedi killing... I think they fight slow for a reason.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I wouldn't want that fight to be redone. To me it shows the old in them, both the old friend kind of feeling as if they were just lightly sparring again, the respect in the slow, drawn out movement, and just the obvious physical changes each one has gone through.

Which begs the question, why is Vader so much better in EBS then? Well it's one of two things.

1. He either retrained his body for combat again, or

2. Luke just really sucks.

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

I'd go with Luke just really sucks... (Quick, change to "ESB" instead of "EBS"- the Empire Strikes Back, it never back strikes unless absolutely nessesary!)

12/14/07

-Rolls around laughing at Tofu- Ahhh you make my day young laddie... Ahh

that's rich.

By the way 400th post, and only 200 of them were dumbass posts... woo and yay!

Then let me be the first to congratulate you on your promotion to Lt. Colonel AI. I agree w/ you that the fight should NOT be redone.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

-Rolls around laughing at Tofu- Ahhh you make my day young laddie... Ahh

that's rich.

By the way 400th post, and only 200 of them were dumbass posts... woo and yay!

I'll be the second to congradulate you... And to tell you that you have a great many more dumbass posts to make before you catch up to Mitth and myself, the Dark Spam Lords! :twisted:

12/14/07

Lucas could...redo that duel. With today's technology, and the fact that Lucas has already added things to the original tirlogy, why not? They could get somebody to play Obi-wan for that particular part. etc, etc, etc...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040922l.jpg

Wasn't that already posted in "Hilarity"?

Who cares, it's classic enough to be posted twice.

Episode III, Obi-wan versus the new Darth Vader. That was the fight that I had always wanted to see, though the entrance of Maul into the hangar in Ep I was the best entrance of anyone in any of the six movies. I thought duels in Ep V and VI sucked. Of course, like Lucas said, the fights were between a "half-trained boy and half-human cyborg" so they had to be scaled back some. In the prequels, it was supposed to be the Golden Age of the Jedi so they could really cut loose.

I thought duels in Ep V and VI sucked. Of course, like Lucas said, the fights were between a "half-trained boy and half-human cyborg" so they had to be scaled back some. In the prequels, it was supposed to be the Golden Age of the Jedi so they could really cut loose.

I, and many others, still say that it was because of the difference between special effects abilities and standards of the late 70's, early 80's and today. I know, I know, what I and others say can't stand up to the all-knowing GL (We're talking about the same guy who decided to put Jar-Jar Binks in Star Wars). General Grievous is half cyborg and he moves just fine. But hey, to each their own. I just don't visually compare the two trilogies. Or rather, I don't take the prequel trilogy as serious as the original.

http://www.geocities.com/xenogears23/Jokersinsigmgs.jpg

"Life is hard. After all, it kills you." - Katharine Hepburn

I should probably go back and finish watching the prequels so I know what people are talking about... But on second thought I can't submit myself to that kind of abuse willingly so... Nah.

"Anakin, stay in the cockpit!"

"But I..."

"..."

"... Stay in the cockpit!"

*Bangs head against wall* worst. line. EVER.

'Course, there's always "No... No mom, no! No!", but even that can't compare, though it is a close second with "They're like animals!... And I slaughtered them!... Like animals!" *Continues to bang head*

12/14/07

For those of you who don't know who Maddox is... http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=episode3

There's his kickass review on Episode 3

"But I..."

"..."

'Course, there's always "No... No mom, no! No!", but even that can't compare, though it is a close second with "They're like animals!... And I slaughtered them!... Like animals!" *Continues to bang head*

Right up there with stupid lines:

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..."

And this one isn't so much stupid, but rather a very good warning of what was to come:

"Mesa Jar Jar Binks!"

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

"But I..."

"..."

Right up there with stupid lines:

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..."

And this one isn't so much stupid, but rather a very good warning of what was to come:

"Mesa Jar Jar Binks!"

I'm confused as to how you worked the chronology of those lines :?:

:lol:

There was no chronology, other then what I thought of first...

That's a good chronology. I like random thoughts, and using that sort of chronology is about as close to a random thought as I have ever seen on this site...gets idea.....

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"