What is your favorite lightsaber duel?

Sinister

What is your favorite lightsaber duel?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite lightsaber duel?

• Qui-Gon Jinn & Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Maul (Episode I)
    • Obi-Wan & Anakin vs. Count Dooku (Episode II)
    • Yoda vs. Count Dooku (Episode II)
    • Obi-Wan & Anakin vs. Count Dooku (Episode III)
    • Obi-Wan vs. General Grievous (Episode III)
    • Mace Windu vs. Darth Sidious (Episode III)
    • Yoda vs. Darth Sidious (Episode III)
    • Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader (Episode III)
    • Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader (Episode IV)
    • Luke vs. Darth Vader (Episode V)
    • Luke vs. Darth Vader (Episode VI)
    • other

It's right around when Vader hacks through the duct taped pipe :)

They don't use duct tape in SW...it's silver space tape.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god... Excuse me, I failed to watch the ends of all of the prequel movies because they sucked so much ass. I walked out of ROTS after the bullshit scene with Anakin and Padme and tried to block out what little I had seen of it.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

They sucked ass? :?

It's like saying it sucked, though a much higher degree of suckiness.

Personally, I think they weren't that bad. Granted there were scenes that "sucked ass" - but this thread isn't about the prequels, rather the saber fights.

Well, my vote ended up going to the final battle between Vader and Luke - not so much for the fight itself, but rather for the emotion backing it (and the Williams score helped as well :wink: ). Still, Luke vs. Vader in E5 comes in a very close second.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Oh my god... Excuse me, I failed to watch the ends of all of the prequel movies because they sucked so much ass. I walked out of ROTS after the bullshit scene with Anakin and Padme and tried to block out what little I had seen of it.

Yeah, up until the end, pretty much everything but the beginning of ROTS sucked ass... Nothing happens- its just plain boring! But at the end those lightsaber duels and the Dark Side taking over- that is just plain kick-ass

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Alright. AI this has been bugging me since you posted it. I will agree the the prequals weren't the best movies. But what kind of Loyal Star Wars fan gets up and WALKS OUT in the middle of the movie???

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

The kind that would rather poor turpentine in his eyes then be assaulted by the completely CG set for a moment longer. I am a Star Wars fan as you said, that doesn't mean I have to enjoy every single thing Lucas shits out. I'll read the book and get the badly thrown together plot just as effectively.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Alright. AI this has been bugging me since you posted it. I will agree the the prequals weren't the best movies. But what kind of Loyal Star Wars fan gets up and WALKS OUT in the middle of the movie???

I most likely would have except that would have meant waiting to rent it to see the rest of the movie to see how it turned out.

I'm sorry but that opening with the camera going every wich-way arround the starfighters with no seeming semblance of control was too much for even my eyes to follow. If they'ed either followed the fighters more closely from behind or kept the camera further out and more stable I think the scene would have looked better.

(Sorry bout the off-topic-ness.)

*Cough* *Ahem*

And I notice that there's a lot of votes for the duel in Return of the Jedi now as well. Years ago before I started paying closer attention to lightsaber fights I might have voted for that myself.

The kind that would rather poor turpentine in his eyes...

I believe you meant 'pour' AI.

I'm sorry but that opening with the camera going every wich-way arround the starfighters with no seeming semblance of control was too much for even my eyes to follow. If they'ed either followed the fighters more closely from behind or kept the camera further out and more stable I think the scene would have looked better.

This one should've been 'which-way around' and 'they'd'.

And I notice that there's a lot of votes for the duel in Return of the Jedi now as well. Years ago before I started paying closer attention to lightsaber fights I might have voted for that myself.

So what sorts of things do you look for in a lightsaber fight now Def? How is it different than 'before'?

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Edit: You know what nevermind...

Edit: You know what nevermind...

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

And Mitth, seriously, leave the B.E.A.K.ing to Scath, please...

12/14/07

Thank goodness!! :lol:

All that "beaking" by everybody (Tofu!) was just getting plain annoying.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Before you started paying closer attention? Meaning what? The duel in ROTJ holds the most emotion in body language, music, and is just visually beautiful. Every other duel is just a bunch of fancy colors and special effects being thrown about randomly... Wow I sound horribly much like an Echani... -shivers-

Hey, I stopped my brief BEAKing period... I just had a small one... and that slight lapse when I BEAKed Mad... I apologize, Mad... Happy?

12/14/07

Guest Scathane
Before you started paying closer attention? Meaning what? The duel in ROTJ holds the most emotion in body language, music, and is just visually beautiful. Every other duel is just a bunch of fancy colors and special effects being thrown about randomly... Wow I sound horribly much like an Echani... -shivers-
That may have something to do with S-FX techniques improving over the years...

DarthTofu wrote:

... and that slight lapse when I BEAKed Mad... I apologize, Mad... Happy?

Yes, thank you :D

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Guest Scathane
DarthTofu wrote:

... and that slight lapse when I BEAKed Mad... I apologize, Mad... Happy?

Yes, thank you :D

Your name's not Mad... :?

Hey, I stopped my brief BEAKing period... I just had a small one... and that slight lapse when I BEAKed Mad... I apologize, Mad... Happy?

I accept your apology. Thank you.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

All you people getting all worked up over a little BEAKing, geez. Can't we all just get along? :wink:

Here's a good lightsaber battle that hasn't been mentioned yet. Not a duel per se, but the Boba Fett vs. Obi Wan battle in Ep 2 was pretty cool. I'd like to see a true duel in the rain, that would be awsome.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

That fight proved that Jango could really put up a fight against a Jedi.

Meh... Luke owns Boba Fett far too easily in ROTJ, IMHO... *Tries to think of another appropriate acronym ASAP* uh... damn, can't think of any... or should I say $h17, which is actually an acronym? Anyway, I think Jango was way too strong- Fett was much cooler. Though a lightsaber battle in the rain would kick ass...

12/14/07

That may have something to do with S-FX techniques improving over the years...

Like I said, a bunch of fancy colors being thrown about...

As for the fight with the Fetts. You can see the dumbass of Lucas starting when he disposes of Boba so easily. The fight between Obi and Jango is cool, but it pisses me off how Windu schools him... Because the way he kills Jango is well... A sith execution... I hate Lucas, did I mention?

No, we had no clue. By the way, do you like Boba Fett? We have nothing to infer about that one! :lol: (I'm being sarcastic)

12/14/07