Zoot Wars II

AdmiralFishface

yea.. i was kinda having the same trouble... when google searches i think it "omits similar results" which is what you want.. im have found exactly what you have as well mitth..

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told it to stop omitting similar results. That way I went from 17 pages to look at to 37 pages.

On a related note, E says he can't restore the posts. HOWEVER, we can go in to the cached pages and repost everything ourselves. JH, I've got enough work to do here for school that I shouldn't even be touching my computer. Would you go into those cached pages and copy everything you can?

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

yessir.. i believe i found a way to get more pages.. what im doing is im saving the pages on my hard drive and i will send them to myself at work, so i can work on this further tomorrow during break and lunch.. you go ahead and get your school work done Mitth.. as my mom always told me.. "school is more important."

Edit: i cant seem to find pages 10 11 or 18 and 19..

Edited by JediHunter

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

OOC: Good work guys - and special thanks to both Mitth and JH for PMing me with my lost posts, officially life savers :wink:

I'll post my thing in a mater of minutes.

Let the catchup begin!

@Daur: Unfortunately, with the loss of 4 months of posts, we also lost 4 months of user info :(

Sorry to see you're name lost. I might accidently still call you Daur though :wink:

Bugger, just noticed that we lost your other RP thread :?

"Mails here!" Krytos yelled out as he dived out of his chair and ran for the docking bay giggling like a child.

In the docking bay, a small unmanned spaceship sat with its engines cooling. Inside, it was filled with goodies for Krytos to play with - and it took him no time at all to start unloading parts.

"Oooooh, a new computer . . . now I can play Doom 3, Half life 2 and do my 3d modeling all at once! Oh, and some other crap came with my computer . . . ."

Krytos knew he had an important job to do, the equipment he'd been sent by Tex and Mitth needed to be examined.

Half an hour later, Krytos had started the examination - first, he was putting all the equipment through multiple scans to check what they were made of and how safe they were to have in the base . . . but that would take hours for the machines to do their scans, and Krytos wanted to play on his brand, spanking new computer. So he quickly left the examination room, and ran to the room where his droids had unloaded his computer.

"Krytos is happy, happy, happy. Oh, Krytos is so happy, happy, happy."

Krytos sang as he hooked up his new system.

Before he turned on his new and pretty computer he thought for a second.

"Hmm, this is a powerful unit . . . I wonder if I should over-clock it? Wait, what am I thinking? Of course I should! But first, I need more power!"

Krytos unplugged the computer from the regular power outlet, and hooked it up to the high output fusion reactor powering certain devices in the base . . . like the shield generator.

"That'll help for a start . . . I'll see what I can change in the BIOS . . . now lets just switch her on and . . ."

A puff of smoke blossomed out of the back of the computer, and a tear crept out his eye.

"bugger . . . I wonder if the warranty covers this?"

Annoyed at his own stupidity, Krytos left the room and dead computer in a huff and decided that it would be a good time to check out how the scans on the hard drive and shielded case came out. He was expecting to get little to no result on the case - but even no result would help figure out what the purpose was for the case.

As Krytos continued down one of the many corridors in the base and towards the scanning room, the lights flickered.

"Weird . . " But before he could speak again, the lights began to flicker on and off constantly.

"Ah . . . that's not meant to happen."

The force tugged at the back of Krytos' mind, telling him to go back into the room where the new and dead computer is - so he did.

Entering the room, he let the force guide him, and it guided him to the back of the computer, where there was an odd hole in the back of case - complete with bite and acid marks. Investigating the hole further, it became apparent that something had eaten also eaten the insides of the computer as well.

"Well, at least I'm not at fault here for destroying that computer . . . I wonder if Mitth will send me a new one?"

The force continued to speak to Krytos, and it told him that there was something bad, and mysterious, in the base now.

Closing his eyes and letting the force flow through him, Krytos could feel where the "thing" had been . . . but the actual position was illusive, as if it blocked the force - like an ysalamir. But a ysalamir couldn't have caused so much havoc, it was something else - and the force was telling him it was made by Zoot.

"You will pay for eating my computer!" Krytos yelled while he shook his fist at the ceiling.

Krytos' crazy demeanour began to disappear as the force filled him, he would need his whits for the coming battle.

A small, and harmless, droid entered the room and quickly spoke up.

"Master Krytos, a shuttle has entered the hangar."

"I know F10, its Tofu."

Krytos entered the bay as Tofu exited his ship. Krytos didn't have time for an introduction to the new and improved Tofu, but it was obvious he'd been "re-fitted" with some new gizmos and gadgets - perhaps a smoothie machine? No, there wasn't time for smoothies now.

"Tofu, it's good to see you on our side - but we've got a problem here, Tex sent me several items seized in a raid on one of Zoot's bases. I can't tell you much, except something else came with them - and it appears to be attacking the base somehow - it's attacking the circuitry in the walls, not to mention my gut is telling me this thing is bad news.

"I've already gone and locked down the equipment that was sent to me, so they'll hopefully be safe while you and I hunt it down. It's obviously something created by Zoot, which can only mean trouble. Oh yeah, what ever it is - it can’t be felt by the force."

What Krytos didn't tell him, was he was backing up the data on the hard drive - using a mimic copying system that would copy the data directly to the new hard drive, though that included the encryption. Following Tex's warning, he wasn't going to trust Tofu much if at all. He'd get his help and test his loyalties. A to be safe, he was backing up the hard drive and all other data to make sure Q-Branch would have something to work on encase Tofu turned or the creature in the base destroyed them.

Before Tofu could even talk to Krytos, not even an introduction, the power to the entire base shut down. So much for that backing up of the hard drive.

Both Krytos and Tofu got into a fighting stance, waiting for whatever evil was loose in the base to attack.

As if on queue, a small football sized spider like machine entered the room, obviously the menace that had been attacking his base.

Equipped with 14 legs, the general shape of a spider, and several sharp mandibles the creature seemed to ooze an acid from its "mouth", also it wielded a sticker on its head: "Intel Inside". That guy ate my computer!

Both warriors stood poised waiting to see what the creature would do, invisible to the force Krytos was relying on his other senses to find it. But, even after minutes past, all the creature did was stare at them.

It was then Krytos' brain and experience kicked into gear, and he became aware of the trap, igniting his orange lightsaber he swung around to catch a second spider across the face with his blade. The machine flew into the wall closest to Krytos, but remained intact. The faint glow left by his saber in the machines armour meant only one thing.

"Careful Tofu, they're made of cortosus. Your saber and blasters won’t have much effect."

"Great" he replied, as he leapt to attack the first spider that had entered the room. Krytos ignored Tofu's battle and focussed on his own.

The spider jumped and spat acid at the same time at Krytos, and he parried the small creature and quickly flicked with the force to throw away the acid spit. But the droid had more surprises than acid spit. Before it got deflected to far away from the parry, one of its legs extended to double its length and slashed at Krytos' neck.

Krytos reacted quickly out of the way, though it wasn't fast enough and the razor like claws of the machine caught his left arm, leaving a deep wound.

Krytos winced in pain for a fraction of a second before regaining composure and taking up a fighting stance.

The creature leaped into the air again, but Krytos dropped to his knees and let he spider fly above him. He then he drove his blade into the underbelly of the machine, in the hope it would pierce through. But the underbelly was as hard as the rest of the robot.

Krytos didn't have time to fight just one of these things in a drawn out, spectacular battle. That would come later against at least two of the creates, not to mention that there had to be more in the base causing havoc - so he chose the quick path to end the fight.

Standing up, he threw his saber up at the roof, and straight through some conveniently placed, heavy object protruding out of the roof - which in turn fell straight on top of the robot crushing it.

Deactivating his saber, Krytos turned around to see Tofu blazing the crap out of the other droid with everything he had, including a kitchen sink he somehow found lying randomly in the hangar.

"Ah, tofu . . it's kind of dead. . . you can leave it alone . . . ok, when you're done, go off and kill more bad guys, and if you have any buddies you have on that ship get them to help - whatever these things are doing we need to stop them.

" . . . I swear it's dead Tofu, you can stop . . . . really . . . .ah, bye . . .yeah."

Leaving Tofu to finish destroying the spider and to eventually hunt down more, Krytos ran through the twisted corridors of the base, where wires now dangled from ceiling, in order to reach the communications room. Whatever these creatures were, they were effective.

He quickly diverted from his route and entered the sealed room with the shielded case and hard drive safely kept inside. But both items were now missing and there was a rather large hole in the roof.

"I always wanted a skylight in this room," Krytos remarked as if he were in a James Bond movie where you ALWAYS need to remark with something quirky and stupid at the worst possible times . . . he liked Bond movies, mainly the ones with Sean Connery in them though.

Krytos was back on track and heading down the final corridor leading to the communications room. He had already spent a while dispatching several more spider droids, but they were one at a time and not worth mentioning the manly, brave and cool fight scenes where he defeated his enemies.

But that changed now, as he saw three of the spider’s guarding the door to the comm-room. The three robots all turned at him, and got into a lunging position. They were arranged in an almost perfect line - though the middle one was on the floor, while the other two clung to the walls.

Putting on his best Tyler Durden voice, Krytos called on the fight.

"If it's your first night, you must fight."

The two on the walls lunged first, and Krytos' blade came to life in a brilliant amber arc, slicing high and into the mouth region of the droids. Both droids collected with the blade and got battered to the side. As this happened the third spider leapt low and under the light saber. It stared up at Krytos and spat acid straight at him.

Utilising the force to speed up his every action, Krytos leapt backwards in fashion, avoiding a painful death. As his feet touched the ground again, he whipped his hand up and called upon the force to push the air like a mighty wind against the droids. The wind threw the three back against the thick communication's door, and Krytos was happy that he remembered that they couldn't be felt in the force and didn't try and throw the actual droids.

The droid that had spat the acid at him was the first to get back up, and the first to resume its attack. It lunged once again at Krytos, but instead of using his saber to deflect it, he moved out of the way. The droid sailed past and landed several good metres away from him. A second droid charged towards Krytos, with its sharp mandibles pulsating - at the same time, the droid that had just leapt past him was turning to attack again.

Krytos grinned and jumped over the charging droid and then used the force again to blow it down the hall.

A satisfying crunch followed as the two droids crashed into each other. Krytos then followed up by using his saber to "bat" the third droid over to his companions.

None were seriously damaged, yet.

The three now charged at once, crisscrossing over the metal floor, forcing Krytos to step back and try and predict the coming attack. It came suddenly as all three spat acid at him. Reacting again, Krytos summoned the force to throw the spit back at them. But it didn’t work flawlessly this time, and some of the acid caught his sleeve.

"Eeep!"

As the droids continued their zigzagging path, Krytos decided to change his attack and charged the enemy. It caught the small robots off guard as he sliced at the droids, taring at their armour and putting Krytos behind them.

Quickly flicking around Krytos slashed the back of the most damaged droid, finally opening up considerable hole in its armour.

But before he could follow through, the droids spun around to counter his attack. But Krytos just smiled and flicked his lightsaber at the damaged spider, using the force to guide its blade to the opening in its back.

The orange saber pierced deep into the creature’s internals, letting out a torrent of smoke and fire, and destroying the droid.

Krytos jumped back to make sure the other two droids couldn't attack him, and then summoned up the force to retrieve his saber.

Now there's just two, two damaged spiders left

In an instant the hall way erupted in battle as good and evil charged at each other. Lightsaber flying, and mechanical weapons cutting, chewing, spewing acid and shooting littered the small corridor as the two droids turned hyperactive running and jumping off every surface while still attacking, and forcing Krytos to use every inch of his skill to fight of the two merciless machines.

His blade hummed and sparked as it collided with the cortosus armour, slowly ripping it away layer by layer. It was the only real light in the corridor, bathing everything with its warm, amber glow.

As one of the droids jumped from the roof to the floor and then straight at the orange blade, which in turn was heading straight for it, Krytos deactivated the blade and let the robot fly head first into the wall, knocking it about and putting it on its back.

This gave Krytos a few valuable seconds to deal with the other droid before he had to take on both at once again.

He dropped into a roll headed straight for the still hyperactive droid, and pulled out of the roll only centremetres away. He then threw out and open and towards the droid as if to slap it, but instead he let loose a massive torrent of wind backed by the force.

The little droid had learnt about this attack from before, and grabbed to the floor with dear life. Though is front legs failed, causing the droids head and forward torso to lift up, exposing a badly damaged underbelly. As Krytos continued his massive gale, he pushed the already ignited blade into the stomach of the robot killing it.

The final droid by this stage was back in the fight and leaping at Krytos' back. Twisting around to greet him, Krytos' amber blade sliced off the leg of the final spider. With the leg already cut off, Krytos used his blade to flick the spider into the air and drive the lightsaber in the leg socket and into the creature’s internals destroying it in a puff of smoke.

"Finally! Now, all I have to do is just enter this room, call for help and everything will be alright."

So, deactivating his saber, Krytos entered the room, only to see another blasted spider already using it the communication consol.

"Oh, I'll come back when you're finished." Krytos jested at the droid - but it didn't move.

Why is it every time I say something, the opposite happens?

"Ok, death time little guy."

The spider still didn't move, so Krytos ignited his saber pocked him with it in the . . . what's the polite word? Ass? Butt? Oh well, that'll do. What was I typing? Ah . . . yeah, that's right.

As the saber touched the butt of the spider, it erupted in fire as it somehow shorted from being plugged into the communication console.

"Hehe, cool - now, who did it call? And why do I ask so many bloody questions to myself?!?"

Looking at the screen, Krytos read the last message that had been sent.

The annoying spider who got to the communications room before me wrote:

Located stolen equipment.

Enemies: At least two Jedi present. Requires one Elite Kitten, suggest bringing two.

Shielded case, hard drive and several consumerchips have been stored safely at location #445223fg

Awaiting orders. . .

Reading the message, Krytos couldn’t help but wonder where #444 thing was. But he also realised the coming danger - two Elite Kittens!

He quickly got out his short-range comm-link and contacted Tofu.

"Mummy . . . I mean Tofu! We've got a whole lot of trouble heading our way! I'll meet you up in the hangar - do not engage the enemy by yourself! I repeat, do not engage them by yourself!"

Krytos quickly accessed the comm-system and sent a message to Mitth

Krytos' email wrote:

Mitth,

bad news - that new PC you sent me was broken! : (

Oh, also just so you know - Europa has been compromised by some spider like droids that came with the equipment you guys sent me, can't tell you much about them except that they're made of cortosus, are invisible to the force, appear to be able to multiply easily and they also appear to eat machines in order to grow . . and I think they're called consumerchips.

I didn’t get a chance to finish looking at everything, but I backed up a portion of the HDD before it got stolen . . . oh yeah, all the equipment got stolen.

Umm, what else? Oh yeah, I'm sending you the little data I retrieved, the backed up portion of the HDD in the email.

Tofu is here with me, and we're about to be attacked by two Elite Kittens from Zoot. Don't worry, we're not stupid enough to try and take both on by ourselves - Tofu and I will attempt to escape and head back to Q-Branch.

Krytos turned off the comm-unit and then used the terminal to activate the self destruct sequence for the base, with the timer set to 11 minutes.

He then headed back to the hangar bay to meet up with Tofu.

In the distance of space, the small unmanned delivery spaceship that had dropped of Krytos' new PC could just see Europa out of its rear hatch. Its new destination, Q-Branch - it's pilot, a small army of spider droids. But before the moon was completely out of range, it passed by a black, heavily armed shuttle heading the other way, the shuttle only held two passengers . . . both were cats, and there was only one kitty litter box.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

OOC: I think ive got all that i can from the cached pages.. but from what I have with this post of krytos'... Tofu.. your post was next.. do you have it?.. i can email/PM it to you if you wish.. i guess.. in Mitth's absence i'm kinda.. headin up the "restoration" of our little battle with evil here.. :D

Yeah it is sad Krytos that we lost "Dark Times", maybe we could start a new RPG, get fresh start. But that depends on who would join it I surpose.

Are you guys planning to start new from here or post all of the old posts back up?

R.I.P Daur lost in the great SWRebellion shake up of '06'

"no one will remeber you"

Alec Guinness would of kicked Ewan McGregor's arse, if he was still Obi Wan

Are you guys planning to start new from here or post all of the old posts back up?

OOC: if you are talking about Zoot Wars II Marius.. go back a page and re-read all posts starting Sept. 19th .. i believe it was even only a few posts before your introductory one....

Here ya go, folks- you're lucky I save... Actually not really- you'd be lucky that Mitth saved if I didn't save, or that JH could find old posts.

Tofu ducked as a spiky leg from one of the spider things smashed through the ceiling above him, stopping mere centimeters from his face. Rolling onto his back he fired up at the roof at the thing, the high powered lasers in his fingers weakening the roof to the point where the spider fell, its own weight crushing the weight it had attached with previously. Detaching said limb it scuttled forward on it's remaining appendages and lunged straight into the path of Tofu's igniting light saber. He skewered the thing and bashed it into one of the now-ruined walls of Krytos's outpost.

"Mummy..."

"I- what?"

"Er, I mean Tofu! We've got a whole lot of trouble heading our way! I'll meet you up in the hanger- do not engage the enemy by yourself! I repeat, do not engage them by yourself!"

"Crap, now I have to engage them by myself," Tofu muttered to himself, laughing slightly.

"Wha-" He was cut short as a spider burst from the ceiling to land on his head, the limbs denting his full-head mask significantly and damaging the comm. equipment inside. Swearing like a sailor Tofu grabbed the abomination with the force and smashed it into the corpse of its fellow. It started to rise again but a bolt of white lightning served as an adequate incentive for it to cease all functions.

Disgusted with the cheap face mask Tofu ripped it off, noting the name of the Chinese company who had made it in the first place- C.A.S.A. (Chinese Aeronautics and Space Association). "Crap, I'm responsible for the production of this piece of junk..."

Taking off at the fastest sprint he could manage Tofu swore as he arrived at the turbolift- he was three floors below hangar and the thing was sure to have been deactivated by the spiders or, worse yet, designed to work like the elevator in Mission Impossible I.

"I knew there was a reason I hated that movie..." Tofu muttered as he pried the doors apart, wincing because of the lecture he knew Krytos would give him for ripping the base to shreds. The turbolift was stopped a good ten meters below him, making any attempt to pounce from it to the next floor next to impossible.

"When life hands you lemons..." He leapt forward and grabbed the bars of the servicing ladder, denting them with his superhuman strength as the turbolift activated, rushing past him at speeds it had never been designed to run at.

Beginning his accent Tofu winced as he spotted another one of the spider things destroying the rungs higher up- it had already taken out three rungs from the hanger level down and was continuing. Propelling himself upward Tofu slammed it with a metal shoulder, denting both the robot and himself in the process, sending the former to fall to its death while he magnetized his limbs in an effort to stay on the shaft wall.

His feet took, his hands less-so which resulted in his snapping down such that the soles of his feet were attracted to the side of the shaft while his body was perpendicular to it.

Laughing at how stupid he had to look at the moment Tofu swung around to face down the shaft and leaned back against the wall to scuttle in a sort of reverse crab walk vertically up the shaft.

He emerged to face a waiting Krytos, the Jedi's gaze stern. "Have you been drinking or something? The Turbolift works perfectly fine- I summoned it a couple of minutes ago and was going to head down to get you."

"It- wait, what? Kryt, are you kidding me?"

"How hard is it to just say 'Krytos'? All you have to do is add an extra 'O' and 'S' to the end. And yes, I am kidding you. Now move, no time to feel betrayed, we have elite cats headed for the base. Any ideas on countering them?"

"Ah, yes, halfway between slashing spiders to bits, nearly being decapitated by the elevator from hell, and reverse-crab walking up a turbolift shaft I came up with the perfect solution."

"... So that'd be a no?"

"Correct."

"Spectacular. By the way, you'll be wanting one of these," Krytos added, tossing Tofu a pressurized suit. "These guys are ruthless- while the cats can kill us, if we get the upper hand they probably won't hesitate to deactivate the magcon field."

"Which of course leaves us floating in space for however long we have oxygen." Tofu ignited his silver saber as they arrived at the door to the hangar, thought better of it as he hopped along on one leg trying to force the other into his pressure suit, and deactivated it.

"Oh ye of such little faith!" Krytos replied, simply opening the door with his telekinetic force abilities.

"Why did you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Open the door."

"So that we can face the cats?"

"No, but I mean if you can do that to the door, why not just leave it shut and do the same thing to the magcon field when the shuttle arrives and the cats disembark?"

"Because it would be Sith-like?"

"Whatever you say- you just didn't think of it."

The conversation was interrupted at roughly the same time as Tofu zipped his suit up all the way, his helmet still off and resting on a bench. The elite cats had arrived.

The boarding ramp descended with a sharp hissing noise and the lights dimmed. The holoprojector suddenly turned on behind both force users, prompting the Sith to jump while the Jedi remained impassive.

"They're apparently getting a signal..."

"What?"

Another holoscreen snapped on in the center of the hangar. "The main screen turned on!"

"How are you, gentlemen?" Came a condescending tone from within the ship. The first cat descended, his mannerism condescending and his saber held in a casual grip.

Tofu and Krytos ignited both of theirs at the same time, the amber and silver glows filling the room. The cat merely laughed. "Your entire base belongs to us. You have no chance of surviving this engagement. I suggest that rather than fight an unwinnable battle you make the most of the time you have left."

"Ha ha ha! I get it! This is like that video game that the Japanese made! Umm, what's it called, ummm..."

"Hey, down in front!" Yelled another audience member.

"Sorry," the first one whispered back, taking his seat.

"Wait- what? I am really confused right about now."

"Ditto," replied Krytos.

"Ahem," the cat coughed, bringing attention back to himself. "Now then, as I was saying-"

"You mean gloating. As a matter of fact, that sounded like a typical villain dia-"

"Okay, seriously, shut up, man. Just shut up! You're ruining the whole story."

"No I'm not."

"Yes, you are. We don't need a studio audience. Now everybody leave."

"But-" one of the audience membrs objected

"NO!" the cat roared, frying him with lightning. "Scat! Now! Move!"

Grumbling and groaning about wanting to see DarthTofu cinema books all their lives which had consisted of a few sentences so far the audience left, their heads held low.

"Now then, the dialog- oh, screw it. It's really high time for another fighting scene." The cat turned back to someone who was apparently still in the shuttle "Turn on the "Duel of the Fates" music, would ya?"

"On it," came the reply, and a few moments later it blared out of the speakers of the base slightly louder than a Lead Zeppelin concert.

"Okay, turn the volume down a tad!" The cat yelled back, and it instantly dropped back to more appropriate levels. "Now get out here already!"

A sigh emerged from within and steel-colored cat emerged, his fur stiffer and less fluffy than his companion's ginger coat.

Where the former cat carried a double bladed saber his opponent carried a pair of them as Krytos did and opted to attack the Jedi.

"Wimp," Tofu murmured, and made to attack the ginger-coated foe, then executed a back flip that landed him directly behind the steel-coated cat such that he was back-to-back with his foe while Krytos faced it.

Rather than attack with his own lightsaber which was already out and would fizzle out upon contact, or using the Zoot-saber which would take too long to draw Tofu merely executed a quick spin with his foot out.

The cat easily jumped over it having been forewarned by the force, but that simply opened it up for attack.

Unable to move the cat could only parry while in the air, and Krytos used that to his advantage. His blade an amber blur he slipped through the cat's defenses and jabbed it in the shoulder, a last-second deflection directing it from the heart.

Hissing with pain the cat brought his second saber down in a blow that should have opened Krytos from crown to groin, but which the Jedi nimbly sidestepped.

And then the other cat was upon Tofu, his blade an iridescent white that seemed to be some holy Deity come to take him to hell.

The blade was held in a guard that covered from left shoulder to right hip, but attacking either blade would simply give the thing the leverage it needed to jab him with the other blade.

Tofu chose to simply stand in a guard of his own, covering both his shoulders and midsections with the Zoot saber and his own saber.

While useless against a cat, his own blade still quite capable of deflecting a blaster bolt or, in this case, another lightsaber.

His two blades against opponents double blade Tofu and the cat fought, neither making the mistake of forgetting their surroundings, neither gaining more than nicks and non-fatal wounds. As the two fought blades came closer and closer to fully scoring flesh, a flick of the wrist burned a hand, opened a tunic, or harvested an ear.

After what seemed like an eternity to Tofu the two Sith separated, both bleeding and Tofu’s lack of ear stinging as sweat poured into it.

Then they were upon each other again, as if the essence of smoke, twisting and ducking in impossible manners. Then the cat finally succeeded.

He feinted a lunge at one of Tofu’s legs, prompting the Sith to jump. Unable to move, he was left wide open to attack, and his opponent took full advantage of the opportunity. Deactivating his second blade he slammed it into Tofu’s chest at the intersection point between the remaining flesh of his left arm and the mechanical replacement. Electricity pumped into scarred flesh and burned it anew, the cat now smiling. He intended to say something witty, something that his foe would dwell upon in his final moments, just before he swiped the saber up to harvest the left arm and spun to remove Tofu’s head.

But dying was never a viable option when questing for revenge. Slamming his head forward Tofu smashed the cat’s muzzle and felt both his own nose and the cat’s break. Slamming his face forward again Tofu forced the cartilage that composed its snout further back, breaking through the skull and mashing into the thing’s cerebrum. In the bash sharp teeth slashed his face, opening his left cheek into tattered flesh, but the lightsaber had dropped from numb fingers, its blade deactivated, and that was what counted.

One last bash that opened his forehead and face even further later and the cat lay dead, it’s snout reduced in length to almost nothing having been smashed into its own brain.

Breathing heavily he fell onto his back and blinked blood from his eyes in time to see the other cat approaching missing an arm and a significant amount of fur while Krytos lay in a crumpled head, his natural body incapable of dealing with the strength of the cat when.

The cat seemed to be smiling, ignited his saber, raised it to stab Tofu, skewer him against the decking before he turned to finish Krytos off- and promptly evaporated. Save for a thin strip of flesh and part of the spine, which the lightsaber had deflected, the heavy laser blast had reduced the cat to so much ash, his lightsaber now non-existent.

Laughing and coughing blood back up when it seeped into his throat Tofu raised his undamaged arm up in a salute to Mitth’s ship where 42 manned the weapons batteries.

Still laughing, still bleeding, lightheadedness and then darkness claimed the Sith.

OOC: No Krytos, you are not dead. Just incapacitated. No offense meant by it, but you said that one cat should be more than capable of handling the both of us, so I took that as a “The one cat will own me, the other cat will own Tofuâ€

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

OOC: hmm.. been meaning to ask.. are we sticking with the post every other day thing? or are we just wanting to get back to ready status ASAP?.. oh and.. Mitth.. my condolences that you have to relive the horrible event forth coming through having to repost...

OOC: We're just going to post like hell and get back up to speed. Def, Tofu, and Tex, you're up in that order. #'s 4, 5, and 6 respectively.

@JH: Thanks, but I didn't have to rewrite it.

IC: Mitth stood in the testing bay next to Evo. On the other side of the transparisteel was Evo's new armor development. He claimed it would stand up to any explosion that either one of them could dream up. Earlier when Mitth had asked how much explosive was going to be used for this demonstration Evo just looked at him out of the corner of his eye then turned his head and flashed a devious grin. Mitth had seen that look before. It was a classic Evo grin. It all but screamed, “This could be dangerous. It might even kill me. But hey, what the shit? It’ll be FUN!â€

Edited by Mitth_raw_nuruodo

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

OOC: Forgive the double-post, but I'm done working out the posting order now. Posts 4-6 have been sent to their owners. I'll send out 7-13 as soon as I post this one.

4. Def

5. Tofu

6. Tex

7. Krytos

8. Me

9. Def

10. Me (This one is the basic outline of ZW2. Then we can move on to ZW3.)

11. Tofu

12. Tex

13. JH

EDIT/ADDITION: All PM's have been sent. Post as soon as you can, remembering to stay in order. If you could put the subject from the PM into the subject line here that might help.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Oh, we're making Zoot Wars III, too, now? Does this mean that we'll have a seperate thread for it?

Oh, and just checking- ZWIII will take place right after we 'lose' the base, right?

12/14/07

OOC: :wink: Need a little text colour fix in your post above, Mitth. lol

:lol:

Ok, I'm tired but I want this moving along so I'll do it tonight.

General

A whispered voice floated into his mind drawing him forth from the chaos and darkness. He awoke as the turbolift arrived on the bridge.

Go forth and command them. Whispered the voice again. The tall, black cloaked figure stepped off the turbolift and strode forward onto the command platform with purpose.

A bridge officer, obviously a clone, stepped up to him. "We are ready for the strike General. We await only your order."

Make those that have deceived you pay.

"Then the order is given." Replied the tall man, in an almost uncaring tone.

"Sir." Saluted the bridge officer and moved to his station.

Within seconds the PA system called for all hands to prepare for lift off. When last systems checks had been made, the countdown began. Vibration carried through the hull as the sublight engines powered up, driving the Star Destroyer forward, 'up' out of it's vertically mounted dock.

The former Victory class destroyer Velocity rose from it's buried shielded dock among the sulphur geysers of Io, Jupiter's largest moon. The Destroyers Abbwar and Hephaestus followed close behind joined soon by a handful of smaller ships.

A Q-branch ship was just rounding Jupiter headed out of the gravity well.

They are unimportant concentrate on your task at hand.

The ship was at the very edge of sensor range though some of the smaller moons on that side of the planet would prevent a micro jump for some time still.

"Commence jump. Let Luna's gravity well drag us out of hyperspace."

"All units report ready for immediate launch."

"Jump."

The stars had begun to elongate for barely a second when they snapped back into focus, a large number of them blocked out by the bulk of Earth's moon. All forces already knowing their roles to play in the battle launched without orders from the command ship. Cargo modules welded to the underside of the ISD Hephaestus exploded open dropping ten squadrons of Droid piloted Tie's. More than a dozen other squadrons began launching from the main bays of the three star Destroyers as they manuvered.

"Commence bombardment of ground based weapons and shield projectors and continue for as long as you can. Engage any cruisers that come against us at your discretion. I'm headed to the landing craft."

The turbolift had already been reserved for high speed transit to the main bay and seconds later the General was stepping aboard a landing craft. A twinge of the old memories bothered him for a moment as they tried to conjure up the last time he had been in a ship like this.

No.

Said both he and the voice at the same time, pushing the old memories back.

Then they were off, headed down to the surface. Corellian Gunship’s escorted the landing craft down as well as carrying troops of their own. The doors of a landing bay soon gave way under the fire of a gunship's lasers. Then the fighters were launching. The Q-branch fighter squadrons had been re-located to another hanger and soon tie craft and AB-wing's were fighting for survival above the surface of the moon.

Turbolaser fire from the Star Destroyers shifted suddenly from surface targets to the upper parts of the moon's northern hemisphere. There must have been additional docking ports in the north that hadn't been used before. The Destroyers would have to deal with it though as they were entering the bay.

The General recognized the bay right away, though he had seen the inside perhaps once before. This was Mitth's hanger. The objective couldn't be too far away from here.

The last out of the landing craft were the two teams of engineers both outfitted with scout armour.

"Second team check out the vehicles in this bay. If they cant be secured for use either destroy or sabotage them. Main team and Space troopers with me, scouts go on ahead. Engineers remain with your escort at all times."

They were inside the base now. Dozens of Storm troopers, commandos and Dark Jedi cats. There was a presence that he could feel through the new skills, growing closer. The pressure helmet was of no use now so he ripped it off.

They were getting closer, the lab wasn’t far now. The space troopers picked up speed to keep up as he started to rush toward the objective. Up ahead a turbolift door opened and out stepped the base commander. Mitth!

They locked eyes.

He truly looked like a demon, red eyes ringed with black. Blood and char covering parts of his uniform. He headed straight for the assault team.

The space troopers wisely held their fire not knowing weather this demon could deflect shots back at them.

"Alright Def. Let's have a proper duel, one with swords. No more of this 'Let's stand 20 yards apart and shoot at each other as we peek out from behind cover' bull shit! You and me, one-on-one. You beat me and my safe is yours."

With that Mitth pulled two vibroswords from their sheaths. After turning one on he threw it into the floor five feet in front of Defender_16

The General sub-vocalised a command which was picked up by his armour and transmitted to the troopers.

'Find another way around.'

"The one you know as Defender no longer exists." He spoke aloud. As the words emerged so too did the blades of two lightsabers built into gauntlets with emitters emerging from the backs of his hands. "I have gone beyond anything he would have found possible under oppressors like you. That was evident enough when you tied to kill him with a defective explosive."

He stalked straight in towards Mitth, no trace of fear evident on his face. The armour encasing has body seemed to flex and increase in size as he approached. Two familiar looking green crystals imbedded in the black material of the chest armour glowed brightly. When he reached the vibroblade stuck in the floor, he pressed a lightsaber against it. The saber sputtered and died.

"Everything is made out or cortosis these days it seems. Very well." With that he picked up the vibrosword using the hand with the deactivated lightsaber.

OOC Edit: My bad... i posted the wrong one! :oops: Here's what it should have been!

“Is not!â€

Edited by DarthTofu

12/14/07

OOC: Krytos is supposed to post before me, actually. I checked. He does his whole 'seperate ways' bit. At any rate, here's my post. Order doesn't matter too much in Krytos and myself's posts.

The reason you think you're off is that you posted the wrong one! The one you need to post starts out:

OOC: Alright, here it is (Finally). This proved much more difficult than I thought it would be to write. You're up, now, Krytos.

“Is not!â€

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

The tech lab was hot and stuffy despite the AC (air conditioning) being cranked to its lowest settings. The techs here had so much equipment running all the time it was just too much thermal output for a room this size. Several techs were bunched up over terminal in deep discussion, with several beeps/chirps from AM-3 (an astromech droid). In the far corner of the room the YVH droids were standing perfectly still facing away from the door; the access plates on their backs were open with wires and instruments hooked up into some equipment.

"What's going on here that's so darn important it can't wait?!" said a cloaked figure as he swept in.

All of the techs jumped about a foot in the air. They were so focused on their pet project, they didn't notice General DarthTex until he spoke.

"General! You've got to see this. We've isolated the circuitry and have modified the ROM so it doesn't work!" exclaimed one of the techs.

"That's nice son, but could you start from the beginning and speak in English?"

"Sorry sir, I'm just excited. Ever since the raid on the Zoot factory, we've been analyzing the data AM-3 downloaded from one of the computers. Apparently, the "chips" are nano-computers meant to override and control electronic devices. We downloaded the specs from AM-3 and have been working on a … 'cure' so to speak. Well, not really a cure, but a …uh …"

Another tech then picked up. "It's more of a fix, than a cure, but not really a fix 'fix'. Know what I mean?"

AM-3 chirped and squealed, bouncing slightly on his motorized treads.

"Yeah, what AM-3 said", replied yet another tech. "It's a temporary repair until a permanent solution can be developed."

All of the techs began talking at once, pointing and shouting, then finally shaking their heads all in agreement.

"OK, OK", I replied. "You have a temporary fix. What is it and how does it work?"

One of the techs held up a computer chip. "This is the ROM (read only memory) chip currently used on the YVH droids. We've pulled the ROM chips from YVH droids making them totally useless."

"You've what?! Are you telling me you sabotaged my YVH droids?!" I growled.

"No Sir!" replied all the techs, their faces totally astonished they would be accused of such a thing.

"Well … yes sir", replied a tech. "But not the way you think. We've modified the existing ROM chip. The new modified ROM chip has some additional functions, mainly doing a checksum function check on the primary memory core and doing a system wide code function audit."

The blank look on my face spoke volumes.

Another tech explained, "The new ROM chip checks for any alterations to the primary memory and also checks the operating system instructions. If there are any unauthorized changes, the ROM quarantines any 'deviated' memory and ignores new code instructions. Eventually if this continued without any maintenance, the memory would drop to such a low level the YVH droid would just shut down."

"The other ROM function added is the 'piggy back' function", said another tech.

My stare continued.

The same tech continued, "Basically if a YVH droid becomes incapacitated due to low memory, another YVH droid can take over the other YVH droid in a master-slave configuration. It's like having two hard drives in a computer; one is the master and all others are slaves."

"What's to keep all of the YVH droids from becoming slaves, and then controlled by … oh let's say … someone else, like the enemy?", I replied.

Another tech replied, "Oh that can't happen. A YVH droid can only control as many droids as it has memory available, so it's impossible they can all be controlled by a single droid. Plus the master-slave relation has to be a mutually agreed encrypted process; that way too many slaves can't overwhelm a master. But should the master go down, all of the slaves will go down with it. That's the only down point."

"So, what about my YVH droids? It looks like they're … all 'messed' up."

"No, sir. We've been testing out the new ROM chips on our YVH droids. We've also upgraded their memory … to 2 Terra bytes each! Awesome isn't it? And to tell our upgraded YVH droids apart from others, we've put some special markings on them. All of their faces have been painted to match yours General. Hope you don't mind?"

The techs walked over to the YVH droids, pulling out wires and disconnecting their equipment. Once the access plates were closed, the droids were re-activated. Upon completion of the new boot up sequence, all the droids turned to face me. It looked awesome indeed. Five YVH droids with the Texas flag painted on their faces.

"That's good thinking guys … for now anyway. YVH droids; status report."

“Sir, 310 reporting for duty; status is 100% and readyâ€

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

With a violent thud, the escape pod leapt free of the shuttle.

“Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!â€

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

OOC: Order is:

Me (this one)

Def (ZW2:9)

Me ZW2:10, not a story post)

Tofu (ZW2:11)

Tex (ZW2:12)

JH (ZW2:13)

IC: Mitth watched as the spacetroopers and techs turned and walked away.

"The one you know as Defender no longer exists." As he spoke two lightsabers built into gauntlets with emitters emerging from the backs of his hands ignited. "I have gone beyond anything he would have found possible under oppressors like you. That was evident enough when you tied to kill him with a defective explosive."

Def stalked straight in towards Mitth, no trace of fear evident on his face. The armor encasing has body seemed to flex and increase in size as he approached. Two green crystals imbedded in the black material of the chest armor glowed brightly. When he reached the vibrosword stuck in the floor he pressed a lightsaber against it. The saber sputtered and died.

"Everything is made out or cortosis these days it seems. Very well." With that he picked up the vibrosword using the hand with the deactivated lightsaber."

At least I know the cortosis weave still works. This isn’t going to be as easy as I had thought. I have no choice though. This bastard killed Evo. It was at this point that Mitth’s eyes once again went completely black. The only difference this time was that there wasn’t the normal glint that one typically associates with the eyes. It’s well known that Chiss eyes glow. Mitth’s just started acting like black holes. No light left them. And now I’ll make damn sure he pays! Thumbing on the vibration pack in his modified sword, Mitth pulled his back-up vibroblade from its sheath on his left thigh. Those who noticed this one often thought it strange that the handgrip was pointed to the ground when sheathed. If they lived long enough after it was drawn to see how expertly Mitth utilized the reverse grip they quickly realized that it wasn’t something to joke about. The vibroblade’s vibration pack was activated by placing pressure on the hand grip, and was therefore turned on as soon as it cleared its sheath.

The two former friends started to close the distance between them while circling each other. Mitth found he was running out of self-control. All he could think of was watching D16's head fall from his shoulders.

“Can't do that, Mitth. It will distract you. If you're distracted you let your guard down and he'll kill you,â€

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

The first few moments of battle were unremarkable other than the fact that Mitth seemed to be distracted.

It seemed as if he were talking to somone else but there were no open com pickups and the blue skinned base Commander had professed he had no skill in the force.

"You know, Def, that's pretty sacrilegious to mimic the voice of a man whose death you responsible for."

The moment Mitth said that he was certain that the Chiss was trying to play some kind of mind game. Trying to throw him off balance. That or he had gone insane with the losses his force was taking.

"You're losing your mind, Mitth. I don't know what you're talking about."

Mitth's powerful kick to his chest cofirmed his suspicions. He had to be pulling off some kind of trick.

Then the Chiss' distraction reached it's height and Def took immediate advantage. With one hand he activated the gauntlet lightsaber and with the other he used his sword to batter Mitth's aside. The lightsaber struck Mitth's left quad while the Vibrosword sliced into a blue right bicep.

A grin tugged at the corner of Def's mouth knowing the injuries would severly hamper his enemy. He drew away intending to allow Mitth enough time to realise the extent of his wounds and perhaps panic. Instead of panic the other man's mouth drew open in an evil cackle and a torrent of force lightning flashed and flowed from fingertips filling the corridor. The Force energy cruch with enough power to launch him into the air. Armour bought him enough time the begin a rudimentary force absorbsion technique directing the power into a protective shield. Still, dangerous amounts of the power made it through wounding him in places. The journey through the air ended when he impacted a wall at the end of the corridor and slid down to the floor, energy still crackling arround him.

It took concentration but the lightning was dispelled within seconds and he was back on his feet, crarging back down the hallway. Mitth now appeared to have aquired some armour but it wouldn't matter. He activated all of the lightsabers attached to various joints and locations on the armour. The two met with ferocios attacks and def seemed to have the advantage. Then the Chiss began to block, parry and anticipate in the same manner as a force user would.

No! It's impossible, he can't use the force!

He attacked even harder trying to regaint he advantage. But with a quick trist of the Vibroblade handle and a stab, Mitth put a low power blaster bolt into his chest armour. It had to be some kind of off-world blastsword derivitive. It shouldn't have added much more difficulty to the fight but yet it did. The fight was starting to last much too long and both were becoming badly injured as it dragged on.

Then the needed interruption came. A blast so strong it must have shaken the entire base buckled support braces. Using the speed of the Force and before the blastwave reached them Def struck out at the closest supports with an extra joint mounted lightsaber. The explosion wave hit it a second later and the ceiling bagan it's colapse. He Force Pushed himself backwards into a side corridor as debris fell on Mitth.

+++

Defender strode through cleared hallways headed back to the shuttlebay.

"Status report on all forces." He said into the helmet com unit.

A Lieutenant that had command of the bay area responded. "Enemy forces- er Force Uses landed in our bay with an escape pod. They fought their way past us and into the base. It looks like they killed the team headed for life support and communications. The Vault team reports that they achieved their secondary objective. Some of them have remained behind to make visual confirmation of destruction of the vault contents. Assault teams have been repulsed from the command areas with losses."

"I'm returning to the bay, have a ship ready for me. Orbital status!"

"We've lost the ISD we converted into a Droid carrier and the enemy fleet has used a special weapon to destroy the bridge tower and some of the upper superstructure of out ISDII."

"Have any Stormtroopers remaining aboard ship secure it and get it outbound. It could still be of use."

"Yes General."

"And have it's gunners keep firing. Use their own judgement, they're not droids."

"Understood."

They hadn't secured any of the secret's of the base commander's vault but they had done the next best thing. With the contents of the vault destroyed they had prevented Q branch from discovering the secrets and hints to Zoot's destruction that only he now knew. Even if Mitth had logged copies of his own work, the devices Def had built of modified during his time there had no construction plans of manuals to them. Now they just needed to fight a war without fear of superweapons.

OOC: Temporary/changeable posting order:

Tofu

Tex

JH

Def

Paul-recon report/flashback

CP (EDIT: I doubt CP will be around to post now...)

Others

Zoot retreat

Paul-in position

Recovery

Temp evac

Clearing base of Zoot forces

Healing

Inventory of fleets, forces, positions, etc.

This order is based on some of the things GMC, Def, and I have been talking about as well as the previous order. Def, GMC, or I can/will answer any questions.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

OOC: For the record, I don't see why we aren't just restoring this minus the extra discussions we had- it's a much better read without interruptions.

Each time a foot fell a reverberating “clangâ€

12/14/07