Zoot Wars II

AdmiralFishface

Defender entered the vault where Evo and Mitth were already waiting.

"A new face?" Asked Defender, reaching out to shake hands with the newcomer. "We need all the help we can get against a threat like this. I have to warn you though this could be a dangerous place to be."

Even with Mitth's reassurances that the vault was a safe place, that didn't mean that something already inside couldn't kill them.

Like that DNA Sample of FURBALL that's bound to be in here somewhere.

"If you have any questions for me Evo just ask. If you need to call me by a short form either D16, or Def will do fine."

After having the DNA scanners and other science equipment pointed out to him, Def set about the task of entering the samples that he had brought with him.

After what felt like hours the scanning was complete.

"There you go gentlemen, the Felis genus. With samples from eleven diffrient sub species. I couldn't get hold of any more, these are the only ones that are documented heavily enough to know what's normal.

I also brought some Genus Panthera samples, y'know, big cats."

He shrugged.

"I don't think we'll need them though."

Spotting a holographic display pad on a table nearby, Defender grabbed a long USB cable and strung it between the pad and the analysis computer.

"I like hardlines." :) He commented, while clearing the projector plate of what looked like dust and an empty drink can before turning it on.

"Now you can see here, I've compiled the genetic information from each sample intoi these wide strips. They're all compressed heavily so don't bother reading them."

After hitting a few buttons on the console controlls sections of the strips being displayed above the projector turned a flourescent green.

"Now you can see here, these are all of the DNA chains that are the same between all of the members of this genus. Each species has some sections that are different but they're all pritty much the same except for some almost trivial diffriences. Actually..."

He stopped and scrattched at unshaven stubble while thinking.

"...The Puma is not so diffrient from your average house cat. Big though... Anyways that's all in the database now. It'll only take a simple click just to compare them with the FURBALL sample."

Defender turned to Mitth looking worried. "I have to ask though... Where is it. Because to be honest I do not feel safe with something like that which could be anywhere in here. Ever see that movie Outbreak? I could be like that if something was to go wrong."

Defender was starting to hyperventilate now and the shaking he had been keeping under control since he entered the room was becoming visible.

If a worse case scenario were to happen...

Oh God.

Everything started to grey out.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitth watches as D16 starts to hyperventilate. He turns around and walks to the wall comm system. As he gets there D16 passes out.

"I need a medical team to Confrence Room F2. Commander D16 just passed out."

Mitth and Evo waited in silence as the medical team arrived and resuscitated D16. Mitth then walked both of them back to his office so that Defender could inspect Mitth's safe. Def looked over the exterior parts of the safe that were visible, after which Mitth asked both of them to step out of his office so that he could keep the combination to the safe secure. After the safe was unlocked he called for D16 and Evo to come back into the office. D16 then reluctantly took the samples out of the safe and the three of them walked back to the confrence room. Defender then spent the next three and a half hours scanning every last bit of FURBALL's genetic code into the computer.

"Guys, if you've got a secure way of destroying those samples I'm open to suggestions. I'm slightly reluctant to place them in the incinerator, and I refuse to allow them to be placed anywhere NEAR my reactor. I also want to see the FURBALL sequences placed side by side w/ the Felis genus samples that you've already scanned Def. Have the computer analyze them for common sequences as well."

As the computer compared all the Felis genus samples with the FURBALL samples Mitth caught something the computer missed. The computer looked at 10 or more sequential pairs. Mitth started noticing that 3-5 sequential pairs from Felis genus would show up in FURBALL's DNA code.

"Defender, have the computer narrow the parameters from 10 pairs to 3. Lets see what that'll bring up."

Sure enough, Mitth's trained eye had caught another pattern.

"Defender, I think we've got our solution. Keep the computer running. I want EVERY SINGLE PAIR compared! On second thought, go get some sleep. I'll have one of my researchers keep an eye on the computer."

D16 wearily got up from the table and shook hands with Mitth and Evo, and left for his quarters. After the door closed behind him Mitth turned to Evo.

"Alright Evo, I want you to tell me exactly why you decided to join Q-Branch."

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

“Well Sir, the reason that I wanted to join Q-Branch is that I have always followed in your steps… and having done so… and I might add with (praising himself) I did graduate with high honors… I felt that I could be a great help to you.â€

People think I have the mind of a child.... well.. there right, it's at home on my desk in a jar

Mitth watched his long-time friend walk out of the room. Shortly after the door closed behind Evo it opened again and in walked one of Mitth's researchers.

"Ah Corporal, excellent. I've written your instructions here." He hands a sheet of paper to the corporal and stands to leave. "Let me know the MOMENT the computer is done."

As Mitth walkes back to his office he starts to page through the book that Evo gave him. The more he read, the more astonished he grew. This new cadet (one of Mitth's best friends) just might be the one that Q-Branch had been looking for all this time. He made it to his office and thought to himself This is going to be a LONG night. Nevertheless Mitth had a job to do and he was NOT going to fail his allies. Enough attrocities had been commited by FURBALL and his operatives. Mitth was going to do EVERYTHING he possibly could to make sure that no one else ended up in the bunny slippers or on the island with all those horrid ponies. Mitth sat down in his conform-chair and started to read Evo's ideas in depth, starting at the beginning of the "book" that must have contained a full ream's worth of paper.

"HOLY S###!!! EVO came up with this???"

Mitth sat in stunned disbeliefe at the ingenuity of his friend. He then settled back even deeper into his chair and pondered what this book might mean for the anti-FURBALL forces. He was still sitting there with the office door locked when he finally succumbed to going most of a week without sleep.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

"My lord, your power is great and unquestionable," Tofu spoke, his voice low and subdued coming to the hologram even more muffled by his kneeling position.

Idly purring at the complement Zoot replied in turn, "Indeed, it is. Those whom you once had alliance to have no knowledge of the events that have transpired, and I suggest you keep it that way. China's technology will be a valuable asset to us, and with the personel of genetically enhanced kittens I have provided, you should very easily be capable of having the shipyards ready within the day,"

Tofu nodded in agreement. "It shall be done, My Lord."

Tofu terminated the transmition and turned to his personel intent on getting to work as soon as possible. This might take a while

Meanwhile, on the moon colony

Defender16 awoke with a start as the klaxons blared loudly in his ears and a strobe flashed brightly instantly giving him the need to find headach medicene and a new pair of pants, the later of which were draped over a chair. Yanking them on he sprinted to the nearest sensor terminal and leaned over the shoulder of the n00b operator.

"What's going on here? Why are those damned klaxons blazing in my ears?"

The probie shuddered as he glanced at his readings, a foul stench of his own entering the air. "Its... Its... Sithspit, its an ISD III... Headed straight for us!"

Mitth spun around in his chair, Evo's book flying into the wall and rebounding into the author as he burst into the office.

"Mitth, we have-"

"An ISD III, I know."

"How-"

Mitth tapped the side of his head, smiling ruefully. "I just do. i want communications patched through to whatever members we can get online. Tofu constructed this thing somehow meaning that it has ground control helping it and is likely to fall apart if we look at it funny... Hopefully, that is."

Evo nodded, rushing out to accomplish the goal so fast that he nearly fell, stopping only to grab a cokie off of a plate in a conferance room by way of breakfast. Chocolate chip... And stale.

Darth_Tex hacked away at his computer locating the ISD III and calculating its speed.

"Things not showing up on satelites... Somehow its immune to radar, though how he's doing that with an ISD III I have no clue... Alrighty, then," he said hitting the enter button and turning to address Defender's face on the video screen in front of him. "Tofu should get there in about fifteen minutes. I suggest you either prepare to fight or evacuate."

"I'd concur to that," stated Krytos, the only other member who had been contacted. Bad Sam was apparently off on his own buisness, and Scath had been innactive for quite some time, now. "You have, what, a squadron or two of uglies at best?"

"Two squadrons of uglies and a squadron's worth of assault gunboats, thank you very much," Mitth answered defensively from the fourth screen, Evo at his side.

"Still," Krytos argued, "Not enough to take out an ISD III. A couple dozen concussion missiles might damage the thing, but I doubt that they could take it out."

"I'll take your advice," Mitth conceded, issuing an order for all non essential personel except for those who had a death wish to get in the escape pods and shuttles and take off.

"Fighter personnel, get to your ships. I want you fully fueled and prepared to send a wave of hurt at Tofu. Hide in the canyons- seems that he'll be coming in over Tycho crater, so I'd suggest being there."

Pilots could be seen rushing off to their respective location and getting into their respective ships.

Fifteen minutes later Mitth was braced for impact as the ISD III loomed larger and larger, the pilots fidgetting in their cockpits, ready to blast off. A blaze of green light appeared and Mitth expected the shield to appear, azure energy blotted out by the energy shield, but was incorrect.

"Did he mess up his aiming technology or something?" Exo asked, clearly confused.

"I dunno..." replied Tex, yet again hackinng at his computer. "This can't serve to work out well for him if its a diversion- he's wasting more recources than you did in launching your fighters. As far as I can tell he's shooting at the ocean pretty far off the coast of Canada."

" He's just wasting- Wait a minute! Send me the exact coordinates of where he's firing, Tex!" Krytos explained, a look of horror paling his face.

"Oh God..." he murmured, staring at the digits.

"What is it?" Mitth asked, agitated and on edge.

"He's not wasting energy... He has a target. Tofu's shooting at the reloaded labs."

"Damn..." muttered Tex. "It appears that we missunderestimated him."

(Sorry, folks- had to insult every Texan in the name of George W Bush!)

Tofu smiled from the bridge of his ISD III named the Stupidity In honor of his former comrad's teasing. It quited that small part of him that screamed. With the current attack on the Reloaded labs Tofu's head threatened to burst.

One of the kittens under Tofu's command suddenly glanced up from his console

"Sithspit! They're shooting at us with something... biologically... armed..."

The kitten fell dead, the bio weapon D16 had developed taking its toll. All around Tofu his crew fell dead. The Sith lord sighed. He could do this. The ISD was already assembled and he was more than capable of operating the various nobs and levers via the force. This would be difficult, yes, but not impossible...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Starring in amazement… at the size of the ship… Evo starts thinking… then an idea struck him… kinda like a semi hitting a motorcycle… he runs over to his book… picking it up he starts flipping through it rapidly…

“come on… come on.. where is it… ah thereâ€

People think I have the mind of a child.... well.. there right, it's at home on my desk in a jar

" 'Or blow the living hell out of [you]'??? NO! I don't think so."

Mitth switched on the comm and dialed up the Security Dept.

"This is Major Mitth_raw_nuruodo. I need a marksman droid at Airlock 3357. I'll meet it there and arm it myself."

Mitth then turned to Evo. "Airlock 3357 is made from QCA, so IF your prototype does blow up it'll be the security droid that gets destroyed and the base won't suffer any sort of damage. Give me the gun, Cadet."

As Evo handed the gun to Mitth he said, "It's only got one shot so make it count. The blaster bolt will actually become more powerful the further it travels. Also as it travels it should change colors form a light red to a bright fluorescent green."

"Green???"

Evo just looked at his friend and commanding officer and shrugged. Mitth waved in a 'follow me' fashion and walked out the door. When they got to Airlock 3357 the marksman droid was ready and waiting.

"Here's your weapon. Your target is the ISD III that just bombarded the Reloaded Labs. It's straight out the lock. The gun only has a single shot capacity."

The droid stepped through the inner airlock door, cycled the lock, stepped outside, closed the outer airlock door took aim and fired.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

The beam starts off red and turns green just like Evo said it would. The droid had made a perfect shot. The blast hits the ship’s port side just forward of the docking bay… punching all the way through to the other side. As the nose starts to plunge into Earth's atmosphere the gun in the droid’s hand being bright red blows up.

“Holy $#!t!!!! thank god you had the droid do it and not me.â€

Def awoke with a start from the lond blaring of base alarms going off.

klaxons... He thought to himself, who the heck came up with that name for an alarm? I hate stobe lights. Hope they don't give me a seizure.

In either case he was going to need something for the headace that felt like it was trying to drive his brain out of his skull. Looking down he noticed his pants were a mess and vagely remembered a medic hauling him back here before he threw up.

Eww...

Throwing on a new pair of pants and the rest of a black uniform that the madic had been kind enough to leave out, he sprinted towards the control center.

Russing through the entrance he skidded to a halt behind the nearest sensor opperator.

"What's going on here? You'd think there was a full base alert going off in my ears."

The junior officer (obviously a new recruit) shuddered as he glanced at his readings.

"Its... Its... Sithspit, its an ISD III... Headed straight for us!" He finally blurted out.

Others began to enter the command center. Krytos, Tex, Mitth and a few others.

After a short conversation between the three Mitth headed out towards another part of the base. Def was certain he had seen Evo off in that direction in his dash to the command center.

"An ISD III..." Sithspit! The base only had some uglies for defense. Even it they had been some of the new A-B Wing Uglies he had been designing recently they still couldn't kill a ship that size.

"Unless..." Def bolted out of the command center. The others in the room hadn't noticed that he'd even been there until he moved.

Reaching the bio-lab, Def called up the results that the computer had analysed while he had been unconsious. Sure enough Large sections of the DNA patterns of the FURBALL sample lit up bright green.

That still didn't help. The enemy had an ISDIII. Even if he could get a bio weapon made there was no way to deliver it...

Defender started madly searching through the incredible technologies hidden away in the vault untill he found the two items he wanted.

A pinpoint sensor array normally used for detecting an analysing objects several light hours away, and a small teleportation device.

Mitth had obviously just tossed this teleporter in here just for kicks since it was much too small to move anything larger than a softball. But it would do the trick.

Running out of time!

Def hooked both pieces of equipment into the systems already handling the DNA scanners.

He placed a large container of Hydrochloric acid in the space between the teleportation plates, activated the sensor array on full power and switched it over to life reading scans.

"This had better work."

The genetic analysis systems in the computer were able to take the sensor readings and lock onto any life forms that had the specific DNA sequence that was the same between all of the samples.

Defender hit the switch, teleporting miniscule ammounts of the acid into concentrations of cells with the correct sequencing.

+++

Up on the ISDIII Tofu and the crew of the ship watched as a high powered laser bolt approached the ship from below.

The kitten at the opperations console in front of Tofu dropped dead.

Bare seconds later the laser blast hit the ship’s port side just forward of the docking bay, punching clear through to the other side.

With much of the crew dead and unable to seal bulkhead doors, most of the ship's atmosphere is lost to space. Something must have gone wrong on the auxilliary bridge because not long after, the mighty warship began to fall out of orbit.

The white painted bow started to turn cherry red from re-entry heat.

By the time Defender reached the command center again, the entire room was filled by a stunned silence.

Def's jaw dropped. Oh my God. If that ship crashes on Earth it'll cause a nuclear winter!

Mitth gradually came to grips with what had just happened. He spun around and started sprinting towards the Command Center. He heard Evo shout something after him but he was in to big of a hurry to catch was it was. Let's see....We've got at least 20 heavy tractor beams that can see it. If we're lucky we can get maybe another 10 more. We'll need a LOT of security troops to keep Tofu in line until we can get rid of those FURBALL implants that are probably the reason that he was turned. Now how can I get the power needed to catch and stop that much mass and bring it closer to the base??? As he ran he was thinking all of these thoughts and more. Upon reaching the Command Center he started shoving people out of his way.

"Let me use the Tractor Beam control consol. Computer: Emergency Override Mitth_raw_nuruodo: Service Number 681-34706. Route full access to base power grid to Tractor Beam Control Consol 0035."

"Emergency Override Mitth_raw_nuruodo accepted. Request requires Commander rank confirmation."

Mitth frantically scanned the room until his eyes fell upon Defender_16.

"DEF! CONFIRM IT NOW!!!!!"

"Computer: Confirm Mitth_raw_nuruodo's Emergency Override. Authorization: Commander Defender_16: Service Number 682-06436."

"Override accepted. Power control transfered."

Mitth shoved the non-com that was slow to vacate the station out of his way and frantically re-routed power to the 22 tractor beams that could reach the ISD III. He locked on at full power and just as the ship's Solar Ionization Reactor's shielding system reached a critical level Mitth was able to stop the crippled ship's plummet. As the Stupidity started to reverse it's course the entire Control Room exhaled the longest breaths of their lives; breaths that most of them didn't even realize they'd been holding. Mitth shouted over the spontaneous cheers at the Head of Security.

"I need every available security officer and droid you can spare. Equip half of them with the ysalamiri from the vivarium. Tofu is to be taken alive if possible. Stokhli spray sticks and high powered stun settings. Get the cortosis lined combat suits as well. You should probably take some assault troops with you as well. We'll shuttle them all over after we blast the Stupidity with every Ion Cannon we've got."

"Right away Major."

"Tex, take over here, I've got a corporal to congratulate and reprimand."

Mitth left the Command Center without another word. He started walking back the way he'd come, back to his friend and subordinate. He found him down the hall from the Command Center's door.

"Cadet Evo. NEVER again are we going to test one of your prototypes in battle! Do you realize what would've happened if that ISD had gone down?! NUCLEAR F___ING WINTER!!! From now on you will build and test ALL of your weapons BEFORE you use them! But that doesn't matter now. We were able to stop the Stupidity's descent in time. On a much brighter note, congratulations on your promotion, Corporal Evo. The paperwork I'll have to fill out is little more than a formality after a victory of this magnitude. Take a day off friend."

Mitth turned and started walking towards his quarters, thinking that maybe, finally, he could get a decent nights' sleep.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Wow, I am so confused. I have no idea what in the hell you guys are talking about :lol:

It really all starts about a third of the way down page 4 when Scath says:

Zoot places his own markers, you fools!

Anyways, it's three then! I was right... :D

From there it takes until the top of page 5 for the RPG to really take hold. You're welcome to join if you want...

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

For reasons unknown even to me, Zoot always overlooked dinochick in this attacks... :?

Zoot may be ruthless, evil, destructive and more - but he's still a gentleman :wink:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

but he's still a gentleman

Eureka! At last it all makes sense!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_Moriarty

Professor James Moriarty is a fictional character who is the best known antagonist of the detective Sherlock Holmes. Widely considered to be the first true example of a supervillain, Moriarty is a criminal mastermind, described by Holmes as the "Napoleon of Crime". (T. S. Eliot would later use the same phrase, in homage, to describe Macavity in Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats.) Conan Doyle lifted the phrase from a real Scotland Yard inspector who was referring to Adam Worth, a true-life (though non-violent) model for Moriarty.

He's more than a hundred years old! No wonder we've had such a hard time with FURBALL. Imagine all of the spare EXP that one can build up in that time.

EDIT: I did it again: I killed a thread.

Mitth woke at last to the sound of complete and total silence. He showered, shaved and got dressed. He then left his quarters and headed for his office. On his way he decided that he should talk to Defender_16. When he got to his office he called D16's quarters. When no one answered he left a voicemail.

"Defender, this is Mitth. Can you either call me or come to my office at your earliest convenience? I want to talk about the engagement with the Stupidity."

After that was done, Mitth checked his email. There he found Intel reports from both Scath and Krytos; also there was a general message from D16. So FURBALL is a gentleman. Now how can we use this? As he was thinking about that he pulled up D16's general message. Moriarty. Moriarty. If Moriarty has survived this long, who's to say Holmes hasn't as well? Mitth made a not to look into that when he had a spare minute. He then decided to place a call to Darth_Tex. Here he also got transferred to voicemail.

"This is Major Mitth_raw_nuruodo. I'm calling to find out what happened after I left the Command Center during the Stupidity engagement. Did we get Tofu or did he somehow manage to escape? Please contact me when you get the time."

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Earlier that same day suring the Stupidity engagement

Half of Tofu wanted to cry out with joy over this sudden change in events- the Star Destroyer's being captured and half of him being removed, the half full of hatred that served Zoot. The half full of hatred was, well, full of hatred, and very much wanted to live.

As the Stupidity buckled from multiple tractor beams locking onto it, the evil half began to fire turbolaser batteries and ion cannons through the force. They were relatively useless now seeing as something like 63% of the power had been cut out from the ship's power, but he was still pleased to see the lights darken on the moon base and at least one ion cannon explode in an impressive fireball.

It didn't really make a differance, though. As the ship buckled from ion cannon blasts Tofu armed the nuclear warheads located throughout the ship. While not enough by any means to burst through the shields protecting the moon base they were more than capable of denying his enemies the ship.

Swinging into an escape pod Tofu watched as the ship moved closer and closer to the moon base, pieces of plating flying off from the violent attacks of changed particles that short circuited it and blew sparks from electrical equipment around.

Finally it exploded, the moon base's shields glowed bright blue for a moment, came dangerously close to faltering, and then came back on line, brighter than before as power was diverted to them. It didn't matter. Tofu had escaped, that was all that mattered to him.

When the escape pod struck the ground it did so hard and fast, jarring its occupant. As Tofu reached to open the door and escape the fast building heat in the pod his hand refused to move. The small voice that had always been screaming had taken a new quality to it. Rather than whining it now fought. Tofu's eyes blazed bright yellow and the pod was rent in two as Tofu suffered the same fate. The Zoot half flew one way, taking with it the replacement limbs Zoot had provided. Meanwhile the other half, the original Tofu, flew away limbless and next to senseless.

Snarling, the better equiped half ignited his lightsaber with a snap hiss. Bringing it up as one would an executioner's axe he swung it down with all the authority of fate itself, prepared to bisect Tofu and decapitate him even further. The blade never struck.

Instead it encountered another one glowing with an array of neon colors that had swept into its path. Looking over the original Tofu could see a pair of platform shoes followed up into 80s style pants. As he looked up he noticed that a theme song was growing louder all the while, and when he finally got past the Tye-dye Jedi robes to the face and gigantic afro, thousands of women cried out, "Its Jedi Shaft!"

(Note: If you're going WTF right now, check one of the old topics in general discussion about lightsaber colors. Tex made Jedi Shaft up, I just stole him and the tye dye robes and multi-colored lightsaber :D )

12/14/07

As I walked into my temporary quarters on base, I noticed a flashing indicator that I had a voicemail message.

"This is Major Mitth_raw_nuruodo. I'm calling to find out what happened after I left the Command Center during the Stupidity engagement. Did we get Tofu or did he somehow manage to escape? Please contact me when you get the time."

Well, I might as well type up my report now.

Major Mitth_raw_nuruodo just overrode Tractor Beam control and directed 22 tractor beams to grab the Stupidity over Earth. The ISD III had taken geosynchronous orbit (~23,000 miles) over the Reloaded Labs, and blew it to smithereens. Cadet Evo brought out some crazy contraption of weapon parts and had a droid "snipe" the Stupidity in orbit. The weapon "holed" the ISD III, causing it to lose control and head towards Earth's atmosphere! The Stupidity dropped like a dead hawkbat. The tractor beams barely managed to grab the ship as it entered the atomsphere (62 miles from the surface). Using the momentum of the ship, the ISD III was flung back out into space on a tangential orbit to come back to the moon. Major Mitth_raw_nuruodo asked me to take over Tractor Beam control. Pieces of the ship were shredding off from the orbit escape maneuver. Now that is was being pulled to the moon base, I had to reduce the tractor beam power before the hulk was crushed into a piece of junk. Sections of the hull and other debris were trailing the ship like a comet. Some of the pieces were falling back to Earth, as the ship approached the moon and the hulk was shielding the debris. I know Major Mitth_raw_nuruodo wanted Tofu (alive if possible) and wanted the Stupidity intact for clues on any Fuball secrets. With so much debris out there, it was impossible to tell if escape pods had jettisoned or not. Forces were scrambling on base to secure the ship and its crew. Sensor control issued an alert that there was an expanding energy readout coming from the ship's engineering section. Sithdung!! The self destruct must have been activated! We were so close in capturing the Stupidity! In fact, it was too close. That thing is going to blow, and blow big. I flipped the switches to reverse polarity on the tractor beams and "push" the ISD III away as quickly as possible. I issued the collision alert and quickly took cover under the console. The blast shields closed just as the blinding flash of the ships death was seen. Shield control consoles shorted out from the overload, but with auxillary power coupled in, the shields held (barely). I deactivated tractor beam control, and hit the controls to open the blast shields. There was ship scrap everywhere. Some sort of control console from the Stupidity landed just outside the viewport. On the side of this particular console I could see some writing. I should have guessed, it said "Made in China". The security teams were sent out to scan through the wreckage to search for ... I don't know what, there wasn't much left. A couple of squads went planetside on the chance some escape pods made it out. It's a long shot, but I have this feeling not everybody went down with the ship. I left the command center in the capable hands of the station crew. It's time to mosey on down to my quarters for a shot of Tequila. I'm just wondering if Tofu made it off the ship, and if so what he would be saying now if he knew that he blew up the "Decoy Labs".

End report.

Now to send this off.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

404 Post not found... (... >.< omfg...)

EDIT: Arg... Sure it'll post that but it won't post my two page story addition.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/splotch/580581ef.jpg

Technical Difficulties... please stand by.

(While I wait for my temper to cool off because this thing WONTPOSTMYSTORYSECTION! )

EDIT2: (Hope it works this time. Site is still loading slow.)

EDIT3: It didn't work. Glad I copied my post beforehand this time.

Defender_16 was in the main hanger bay getting suited up along with other members of the boarding team. With the ISDIII pulled out of the atmosphere and headed back their way, the base had asked every able bodied person to help with the boarding.

Most wore stripped down Stormtrooper armour that fit better. It wouldn't block a direct hit, but it would keep a glancing blow from taking down a trooper.

From the front of the docking bay one of the other forum members shouted out. "Load up the shuttles!" He couldn't tell who it was from this distance, so he followed the troopers onto the nearest Assault Shuttle. He was the thirteenth onboard.

The pilot's voice came over the intercom.

"There's some kind of delay. The base hasn't dropped shields yet."

Outside the bay the flash of an explosion light up the area.

"That was one of our groundbased Ion Cannons exploding! We need to get out of here!"

Defender walked over to the voice pickup leading to the cockpit.

"Pilot, do not launch until control gives the OK. If we launch withought fighter support we'll be cut to pieces by ships guns."

They sat, feeling the vibrations as weapons fire and debris impacted the shields. The shaking much more noticeable in the bay where there was no artificial gravity or inertial compensators.

When the fire began to taper off everyone assumed that the ship had finally been disabled. Then the entrance to the docking bay when blue-white. Anyone not strapped in was thrown, into walls, the ceiling, other troopers, anything.

The next thing Def knew, a trooper was standing over him slapping him awake. "Alright, I'm awake. What's our status?"

"The ship self destructed. The security teams are being sent out to scan through the wreckage."

"Do you know if there are any teams being sent down to check Earth? Somone could have ejected from the ship when it entered the atmosphere."

"I don't think so Commander. I'll have to check."

"I'll find out for you. Until I get back organise equipment that will be needed to a recon in force down to Earth's surface. I'm headed to the command center."

The command center was nearly empty.

Empty unless you counted the dozen techs woking on replacing burnt out consoles. Some smoke and the smell of ozone still hung in the air so some of the life support systems might have been damaged as well.

"Any idea how long it'll be until the computers are fixed? I need to find some of the other officers."

And I still don't know where everything is on the base yet. He added to himself.

"Awhile, and the more people ask, the longer it's going to take."

Edited by Defender_16

Hey, isn't that the loading screen from Streets of Sim City? Oh, wait a sec, I'm in Texas missing both of my arms and legs and being saved by Jedi Shaft. Nevermind. I didn't write this. I was never here :wink:

12/14/07

As Mitth was thinking over the possible FURBALL/Moriarty/Holmes solution his computer beeped at him, alerting him to the fact that a new report had arrived. It turned out to be a report from Darth_Tex.

"STANG! The Stupidity was destroyed. No one knows where Tofu is. AND our best chance to find FURBALL has eluded us with him. It's not over yet though."

Mitth decided that he couldn't sit in his office any longer. He had to walk around the base to make sure that repairs were being taken care of, not to mention finding Evo and D-16 both of whom he hadn't heard from in a while. Mitth grabbed his personal communicator, forwarded his office calls to that and walked left the office, locking the door handle and the deadbolt as well as engaging all 3 electronic locks. The electronic locks were wired into the base security system. Mitth was more than a little paranoid when it came to the security of his office safe.

As he left the lab proper he pulled out his portable datapad and called up the security map in an effort to find out where the biggest trouble spots on base were. The more he looked at it the more he wondered what to make of Tex's report. There weren't any trouble spots on the map. Then he noticed the time stamp...3 hours before the Stupidity engagement. Mitth decided that he'd have to make the Command Center his first spot. As he walked through the door he voiced his reflexive phrase: "Status report please." It was then that he realized just how close Tofu had come to succeeding with the self-destruct ploy. As a technician was half-running past him, Mitth grabbed the young man's arm, stopping him in his tracks.

"Have you seen Commander Defender_16 around anywhere?"

"Not in the past hour Major. He was in here asking something about the other officers. After that he left and we haven't seen him since, sir."

"Very well. Sorry for interrupting you. Keep up the good work."

"Thank you sir, we will sir."

Mitth dismissed the tech and tried to stay out of the other 11 technicians scurrying around the room, al the while trying to figure out where he should go next. He decided to head to the Auxiliary Command Center. On his way he tried Darth_Tex again. A gruff voice answered.

"Hello?"

"Darth_Tex, this is Mitth. I'm sorry if I woke you. I'm calling for two reasons. The first is to congratulate you on your recent promotion. The other reason is I'm looking to D16. Has he tried to contact you in anyway?"

"Thank you, and no. Sorry. Defender hasn't tried getting a hold of me. Anything else I can help you with?"

"Thanks, no. Again, sorry if I woke you. If you need anything while you're here give me a call. I'll make sure it gets taken care off."

"Thanks Mitth. Bye."

"Bye Tex."

Mitth pulled out his datapad again and looked through his list of comm codes. What he found got him to stop in his tracks. He quickly pulled out his communicator and punched in D16's code.

"Defender speaking."

"Defender it's Mitth. Where are you? What's going on?"

"How am I supposed to know where I am Mitth? I'm still new to the base!"

"Alright Def...calm down. Go to the nearest cross corridor. There will be a sign painted on one of the walls there. Read what it says to me."

"OK. Give me a second, I just passed one. Let's see, it says I-31, S-2, R-8."

"That means you're at Intersection-31, two floors above the surface, in Residential unit 8. Sit tight. One of my aides will be with you shortly."

Mitth typed up an email to one of his aides and sent it off.

"Mitth we need to get to Earth. I've got the sneaking suspicion that Tofu took an escape pod to the surface."

"I agree Defender. I've got to find Evo and see if he's got any of those new weapon ideas tested yet. If he does, the team or teams that go after Tofu are going to use them."

It was at this point that Mitth's datapad beeped at him. His aide was on his way. He should be to D16's location in 2-3 minutes.

"Def, my aide just emailed me. He's on his way. He says he should be there in 3 minutes or less. I've got to go. Call me if you need anything."

"Ok Mitth. Try to hurry. Bye."

"I'll do my best."

Mitth ended the transition. Now to find Evo... Mitth started walking in the general direction of Evo's quarters, which were on the way to his lab. He decided to call the lab.

"Sithspit! They must've changed the number."

He started jogging. Time was starting to get short and things were happening too fast.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

"Ah, sithspit, way too damned bright! Ah! Jeez!" Tofu's pupils rapidly shrnak to accomidate the light shining straight at them from above after their failed attempts to see the insides of his eye lids. Squinting he tried to look away but found himself incapable of moving his head very far. Attempting to prop up his body on an arm did nothing either. It took a moment for that thought to set it- he still had all of his senses, but he couldn't feel his arms or legs.

Twisting his neck further Tofu saw that they were all missing, the left leg cut just below the knee and the right about midway through the thigh. He couldn't see either arm, but he already knew that both had been severed at the shoulder as a result of his fight with Zoot... And as the result of his own fight with himself. Looking around Tofu realized that he wasn't looking at a man made light but the sun. Somewhere on Earth he would guess, though there was a possibility that it was somewhere else.

Somewhere nearby a man in tye dye robes battled an ominous figure that looked very familiar and attacked with a red light saber. The Jedi dispatched this man after a ferocious if short fight, removing the lightsaber and tossing it to Tofu's black-knightified body. It clipped to his belt at the left leg.

"Who-"

"My time is done," Stated the voice. "When I return thecircumstancesshall be far graver"

With that the jedi waved his hand and Tofu felt his body moving, soaring, and suddenly falling back to solid ground with a very painful thump, and another face that looked very familiar staring down at him.

"Tofu?"

"The hell're you?" Tofu asked, suspicous and more than a little angry about having lost his limbs and having no clue as to what had happened from when he lost them until now.

"That's you alright..." murmured the figure. "This is Mitth, I need a medical team to I-1 , S-1, R-1, my personal quarters. Tofu has shown up somehow and I have no clue what in the world brought him here, but I intend to take full advantage of any information he might have on zoot!"

Tofu coughed weakly and looked over at Mitth putting on a look of faint puzzlement. "Zoot? Who's he?"

"Sithspit!" Mitth shouted.

Tofu grinned. Memories were starting to come back. This was revenge a couple of months overdue. No one would die or be turned, but that wasn't to say he couldn't still have fun with them. :twisted:

12/14/07

Mitth saw Tofu’s grin and immediately his suspicious mind kicked into overdrive. Tofu was hiding something. Mitth started to question Tofu, trying to catch the traitor in a lie. Mitth would not allow himself to be had by this young pup. When the medical team arrived Mitth stopped questioning Tofu long enough for the med team to secure Tofu’s battered body and take him out the door. As soon as the door closed behind them, Mitth activated his security field and called the Security Division Duty Officer.

“This is Major Mitth_raw_nuruodo. I need an ysalamiri security detail and an interrogation team to Med Wing. The subject will likely not want to answer our questions. Also call D16’s search party and let them know that Tofu is here, not on the planet. Have the dock officer call me in time for me to walk to the docking bay. I’ll be in Med Wing.â€

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

No one was taking any chances with Tofu. He was a known force user. How exatly he had turned wasn't important right now. What was important was that he cause no harm to the base or it's inhabitants.

If he was disoriented at first so much the better.

He was strapped down to a table in an interrogation room. It was designed to Imperial specifications so if the need arose it could be vented of atmosphere.

Behind heavy plate shielding in the next room was the ysalamiri. The only one on the base aparrently.

The room on the side of the interrogation chamber opposite the ysalamiri was filled with carefully labeled holding racks containing drugs and chemicals. There were many diffrent kinds of truth serum. An Imperial one, an old Cold War era Russian one, and others.

One of the more interesting drugs caused the recipient to feel as if they had been set on fire and were being left to slowly burn...

Now that's an interesting one Thought Defender, looking through files on the diffrient drugs. I'm sure I can think of a few people to use that one on.

He shook his head and tried to get back on track. They didn't know weather Tofu had been acting of his own accord or not yet. Best to find that out first before resorting to the harsher stuff.

As Mitth walked into the interrogation chamber D16 was prepping Tofu for the truth serum injection. Mitth silently watched as the needle was inserted into Tofu's left thigh. When the syringe was empty and D16 had removed the needle Mitth started asking Tofu the questions that he wanted answered soonest.

"Do you realize how audacious a request you're making Tofu? Replacement limbs for someone who betrayed us? You think we would just instantly give you exactly what you want? No. Quid pro quo Tofu. You give us something, we give you something. You give us all the information you have about FURBALL as well as convince me and D16 that you CAN in fact be trusted and we'll get you those limbs. I've got an idea as to how you feel right now. My left arm from mid humerus down to my fingers is cybernetic. We had an accident in one of the labs shortly after I got here. I lost a genius Drall researcher that day. SO, what do you remember about your time w/ FURBALL?"

"Go to hell Mitth. I'm not talking to you until I get those replacement limbs."

Now Mitth is starting to get frustrated. He's got a short fuse to begin with and having a 14 year old tell him to go to hell is a good way to cut that length in half. Mitth gets up and starts pacing the room. Meanwhile D16 is standing in the corner waiting to see exactly which direction Mitth was going to take the interrogation.

"Did I not explain the idea of quid pro quo in simple enough terms Tofu? How can I put this more simply? I know. You get NOTHING until I get what I want. Now let me outline that for you. I want the physical location of FURBALL's base as well as blueprints for it. I want those as accurate as you can get them. I'll need base defense stats. I want to know how many personnel are on base at any given time. How many of those work in security? What sort of personal weaponry are they going to be able to bring to bear? So, where is it Tofu? Where is FURBALL's base?"

"Go jump out an airlock Mitth. I told you once, I'll tell you again, I'm not talking until I've got my replacement limbs. I want revenge on FURBALL, as you call him, as much or more than you do. You lost your arm in a lab accident. That ****ing cat took my arms AND LEGS from me! I want him to pay!"

That was not the right thing to say to Mitth at that point in time. Mitth slipped his hand into a cargo pocket. When he got within arm's reach of Tofu the hand came back out with a needle. Mitth jammed the needle into Tofu's left thigh as hard as he possibly could, making sure to miss the bone. Before Mitth could make a snide comment to Tofu D16 had him in an arm lock and up against the wall. Then, all of a sudden, Mitth was free. When he turned around D16 was digging through the rack w/ the truth serums on it, But that's not the shelf with the truth serums, Mitth thought.

"What are you looking for Def? I just gave him a Chiss serum. He won't be needing anymore for at least a day."

"Chiss you say?"

D16 then grabs a bottle and an empty sterile syringe and fills the syringe. He then injects Tofu w/ the contents. As he does this Mitth picks up the bottle and reads the label.

"The COUNTER AGENT?!?!?! What are you thinking???"

"If I don't he'll die. We need him alive, at least for now! We aren't going to get anything out of him if he dies of an overdose. Step outside the room and cool off."

"This is my base and that is my prisoner. I'm not leaving this room. Not yet."

"Get the hell out of this room, before I have to call one of the other officers, because if I have to call another officer for help you won't be conscious when they haul you away."

After looking into D16's eyes for a few seconds Mitth realized that a drag-out knock-down slug-fest would only end with one of their lives. It was that realization that Mitth decided to listen to Def.

"Fine, but the cameras and voice recorders stay on. I'm keeping two copies of everything that goes on in here and THAT is something you have NO say over."

With that Mitth walked out of the room, leaving D16 to finish the interrogation.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"