Zoot Wars II

AdmiralFishface

They were prepared for the strike.

Nothing could go wrong.

At least not totally wrong. Worst case scenario, not all of the insertion team got out alive and the starfighters would have to do more than planned for.

They were timing the two main operations to take place at the same time. SINGED FUR would hit Triton at the same time that TEXAS THUNDER went off in the North American Continent.

There were rumours going around that food and cosmetic supplies in Australia and several other commonwealth countries has been compromised. As soon as these two operations were finished there was a good Q branch would be going after this newly spotted threat.

For now was the task at hand. the Q-branch task force waited in orbit of Neptune opposite of Triton. A few more minutes until the strike.

Def checked the other passengers for the dozenth time since leaving Q-branch on Luna. The six modified YVH droids conversed amongst themselves using sub vocal frequencies, the Jedi whose name he didn’t know sat in meditation and the four commandos each found a different way to pass the time.

The mission clock finally reached zero and a hyper-com transmission flashed them the Morse code signal "go."

The Muurian Transport they were using surged forward. within seconds the starfighters overtook them and sped past, speeding in for their attack runs to draw attention.

"Half acceleration then we cut engines and coast in. At the last second full engines and repulsors to stop us in time."

The forward half of the ship's already angular hull had been covered in radar absorbent materials.

"Beginning attack run!" called the squadron commander.

Small ball explosions appeared above the surface of the moon revealing several concussion missile batteries.

"Pilot! Wait a few more seconds before engaging the engines."

"We won't make the landing!"

"If we kick in the engines too soon those missile batteries will be able to get us."

They edged deeper into the moons gravity well, gaining speed.

"Start slowly bringing power to the repulsors..."

The small amount of repulsor power reduced their acceleration, countering the effects of the moon's gravity but doing nothing to slow them. The farthest of the missile batteries dropped below the horizon.

"Now!"

The pilot kicked in the engines and repulsors at full and pulled up hard. The closest missile battery turned to track the engine emissions but they were soon below the horizon blocking any fire. With the target lost the turret turned back to the attacking starfighters.

Engines and repulsors straining, the bottom of the Muurian Transport scraped the surface of the moon hitting with a hard thud then bounced back up. The pilot adjusted their fight and held them steady in terrain following mode. Rock and Nitrogen ice flashed past below along with giant cracks in the moon's surface.

"Fighters launching from an underground bunker on Triton's surface." Came the voice of the starfighter commander.

"Some kind of light TIE variant."

Def considered breaking com silence to see if the bunker doors were still open but decided against it. They'd find out soon enough.

They passed low over a ridge line and the square light of the bunker doors came into view. Doors that were closing.

Seeing this the pilot hit a switch that blew a section of the forward hull off revealing a missile rack. Twelve concussion missiles streaked ahead of them and blew the doors clear off.

Def swore realising he wasn't quite ready, and threw the space-tight helmet on and sealing it.

The Transport spun in mid flight and flew -backwards- into the hanger. The hatch flew open and the six YVH droids were gone before any of the commandoes could un-strap their harnesses, the Jedi not far behind them.

Most of the crew in the bay were dead as the Mag-con field had been damaged when the doors were blown. Droids of several types remained, most of which charged at the strike team. Thirty droids went down from laser and lightsaber hits.

With the sturdy YVH droids along the strike team made short work of any and all opponents they encountered.

After ten minutes the team stopped to let one of the commandos slice into a computer terminal. Everyone took the chance to check their weapons. Def, running low on power packs for his E-11 traded the them for a few vacuum rated pistol clips.

"Found it," Said the slicer. "a diagram of the base's main reactors. If we put a bomb here at the base of the main coolant interchanger it should take out the whole base."

"Lets go then." Said the Jedi, fingering a lightsaber. "This place gives me the creeps."

"It's not going to be that easy." the slicer continued. "It's surrounded by force fields controlled from up here." He pointed at the screen. "At the very top of the reactor complex."

"We don't have time." Said Defender stepping up to them. "I'll take the bomb and some of the YVH's down to the interchanger while you guys get the control centre. By the looks of it most of the forces are concentrated around the control centre so I wont have much opposition."

The Jedi was about to protest but shrugged instead and started off towards the control centre.

"221 and 223, both of you with me." Said Def and headed toward a flight of stairs.

Five minutes later having encountered nothing on the way down, Def stood before the interchanger.

A blue shimmering force field nearly a meter thick stood between him and the objective.

"221, any sign that the other team is getting close?"

"Yes sir." said the droid in it's ultra masculine Lando Calrisian voice. "The other team is heavily engaged. YVH-C-220 has ceased operation from critical damage. The Jedi and one commando are wounded."

"Damn." The base shook for a moment and the blue force field flickered out.

"Yes! 221 guard the approaches. This is the perfect chance."

"Sir I-"

"We don't have time 221!" Said Def waving away any concerns that the YVH must have felt.

The compact explosive the Evo had built would be more than enough to take out the interchanger now that the shield was out. After setting the mine and starting the timer Defender stood and backed up... right into the force field.

"Oh no."

"221! Get me out!" Yelled D16, but the sound didn't carry through the field. He turned and frantically searched for another way out. The beeping sound of the mine began to increase in pace. Small flashes of electricity arced across the face of the mine.

"Have to turn off the mine. What was the Abort sequence? Come on! Remember!" Defender screamed. The numbers came to him before the timer ran down and he punched them in.

Nothing happened.

Nothing, except for the mine exploding in his face.

The advanced baradium in the mine had failed to explode, merely setting off the triggering explosives.

Defender came to. Everything was in shades of red it seemed... and pain. The force field was gone, the other team must have gotten it down. The YVH droids were nowhere to be seen though.

He didn’t care though. It was time to leave. He didn't have any other explosive that could destroy the reactor.

Stumbling down the corridor with a PP-93 in hand he couldn’t remember having entered this way.

Ahead was a larger room with someone or something standing near the back wall.

"221?" He called out, still not able to see very well with blood across his eyes.

The shadow turned towards him and his eyes went wide. He brought the gun up fast enough to make Han Solo blink and loosed a spray of bullets on automatic. None of then hit.

Then came a sound so terrible that he wished that he could have torn his years out.

"MEOW!"

The shock from the sound threw him back into a wall and everything went black.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TEXAS THUNDER

The mission was simple: wipe out a supposedly deserted ranch in barely populated deep west Texas that was under the control of FURBALL. The problem would be in the execution; we didn't know what we would be up against.

Mitth put a squadron of stealth gunboats at my disposal for this mission. Since it was unknown what awaited us at the ranch, I had two of the gunboats stripped down to become transports for a recon team. The gunboats would be in a flight group designated "Cowboy", and the gunboat-transports would be in a flight group designated "Chuck Wagon". The recon team would consist of 5 YVH droids, 5 commandos, 1 astromech droid and … me. Upon my recent promotion to "Colonel", I decided to pull rank and head up the assault. The recon team would search the wreckage after the assault to get any info we could find. The astromech droid would be responsible for scanning the wreckage while the YVH droids were merely there for backup.

The briefing with the squadron commander and pilots went pretty straight forward. After liftoff we were to proceed to the first of four waypoints, hugging the terrain the entire way. At each waypoint we were to synchronize our progress with reports from Def16's mission progress. The final attack run would not commence until receiving the execute signal. We would fly in as a group, and the transports would peel off two klicks (kilometers) short of the target and wait for the all clear signal. The gunboats would break up into two flights and attack the ranch simultaneously from opposite sides. Their objectives were simple: destroy every building in sight.

All the gunboats were ready; fueled up and armed. The two gunboat-transports were finally boarded by the recon team. Since our mission was to occur simultaneously with SINGED FUR, we were awaiting the liftoff signal. It didn't take long to get underway, but the ride was getting bumping. Our assault was scheduled to commence right before dawn, so our flight would be through the darkness of night. With the dropping temperatures at night and the rising thermals, everybody was going to be a little shaken.

The first three waypoints went by without a problem, but we're running a little behind for the final waypoint.

"Captain, can you push the throttle some? We're falling behind schedule".

"Colonel, I'm already at max speed for this altitude, or lack thereof".

"Roger that. Bring us up some to get back on schedule. All groups, heads up, we're increasing altitude to keep on schedule. Keep a sharp lookout for any contacts".

We were back on schedule when a contact was reported.

"Colonel, Cowboy 3 reports a bogey 5 klicks ahead and a bit to port"

"Cowboy 3, this is Chuck Wagon 1. Intercept and identify the bogey. Copy".

"Roger Chuck Wagon 1, intercept and identify. Cowboy 3 out".

In the darkness it was hard to see, but Cowboy 3 was breaking from the flight group and heading straight for its quarry. It seemed liked an hour had went by before Cowboy 3 reported in.

"Chuck Wagon 1, this is Cowboy 3. Bogey has been identified and destroyed. The bogey was a probe droid. I'm guessing Imperial surplus, set up as a picket warning. I don't know if it got a signal off though".

"Roger that Cowboy 3. Rendezvous at waypoint four. Our ETA is four minutes".

Cowboy 3 double clicked the mike to acknowledge the transmission. We were about to get into the meat of the mission. Chuck Wagon group was going to put down on the backside of a small rise near the target. From there the recon team could observe the action undisturbed.

"Colonel, hyper-com transmission coming in … it's a GO"

"All groups, GO, GO, GO!"

The gunboats around us split off, some to port and some to starboard. Chuck Wagon group was coming up fast on our LZ. We would be less than 100 meters from the crest of the small rise. Upon landing we made our way to the top of the rise barely peeking over using the macrobinoculars. We scanned the target.

The ranch had a rectangular compound surrounds by small corrals, which was ringed by larger corrals. A main road came out of the hills on our left, and went straight into the compound. The first building on the right was an old two story house, probably where officers bunked. Further down on the right where two large barns (50 meters long each) and a windmill. On the left were two low slung buildings, probably bunk houses. And behind them in the far left corner was some sort of factory building/processing plant. It wasn't new, but it didn't fit in with the other buildings, it was more Spartan and mechanical in design.

I called for the astromech droid, "AM-3, scan the area. Can you locate any of the gunboats?"

As AM-3 scanned and chirped, one of the commandos spoke up, "There sir, off to starboard about 2 o'clock".

The gunboats were lined up in a slant formation coming over the far end of the ranch compound. That meant the other gunboats would come in from the opposite side toward the front of the ranch compound. Missile exhausts could be seen coming from the starboard gunboats slamming into the first of the barns. The explosions ripped open the morning silence just as the sun came up in the east. The other gunboats had already made their first past damaging both of the bunkhouses. The flight groups then broke up to commence individual runs against targets of opportunity. After the second run, a laser cut through the dawn taking out Cowboy 4 from behind. The windmill was actually a targeting laser dish and was tracking the gunboats. As the gunboats came in for their next run, there was movement around the bunkhouses and the main house. Cowboys 8, 9 & 10 were making a run on the laser-windmill. Its lasers cut into Cowboys 9 and 10 before a missile from Cowboy eight blew up the dish. Cowboy 10 went down in the compound careening into the windmill before it exploded. Cowboy 9 flew straight and narrow until it was out of sight. Cowboys 1 & 2 combined missile launches into the lower floor of the main house. The explosive fireball blew out the walls and sent the second story higher into the air before it came crashing down into a heap. It was now burning out of control. Several shoulder fired SAM's (Surface to Air Missiles) were fired as they passed. A couple of the SAM's obliterated Cowboy 2, which probably saved Cowboy 1. Cowboy 1 was now trailing smoke as he set up for his next pass. Cowboy 5 came in through the smoke churning up the ground and everything in its path as he passed. It reminded me of a mini-gun going off in close quarters. About a dozen guards went down, including those that fired the SAM's. Cowboys 6, 7 & 8 came in down the main drive in a right echelon formation. They fired several missiles destroying what remained of both bunkhouses before turning onto the remaining barn. Cowboy 1 joined up behind Cowboy 3 and made a pass on the factory. A large cargo door in the factory had just opened up. A pickup truck shot out from the factory, dodging debris and guards heading for the main road. Cowboy 5 was coming in from behind when two SAM's came up from the ranch. Cowboy 5 broke left into a corkscrew maneuver making both missiles overshoot and fly off. The pickup truck was now out of the compound heading up the main road. Cowboy 1 was coming up the left side of the road parallel to it. He skewed the gunboat and fired at a spot 20 meters in front of the pickup on the main road. The road was being chewed to bits as the pickup drove through (or attempted to) before it exploded into heaping fireball. It landed on its top not far from where it was hit. The gunboats made two more passes on the ranch. There was no more movement from any guards, and the factory had collapsed upon itself.

"Cowboy 1 to Chuck Wagon 1, there is no more movement, return fire or targets".

I responded quickly, "Roger Cowboy 1, no movement, no return fire, no targets. Send Cowboys 7 & 8 to search for Cowboy 9. Coordinates are being sent from AM-3. We're coming in. After we land have someone look at your bird for repairs. Have Cowboys 5 & 6 fly CAP (Combat Air Patrol). Out".

"Roger, Chuck Wagon 1".

Our gunboat-transports settled in an open area near the remains of Cowboy 10 and the windmill, definitely no survivors there.

"Commandos, grab a YVH combat droid and start searching the wreckage. Sergeant, get AM-3 and 314 (a YVH droid) and come with me to the factory", as I headed in that direction.

There wasn't much of the factory standing, but it hadn't burned so whatever was inside should be intact … provided there was anything.

The strength of the YVH droids was phenomenal, pieces of wreckage were being moved around like tinker toy parts.

"Colonel, there is a computer case located here".

"Thanks 314. Please take it to AM-3 and have him download what he can, then report back."

314 was soon back searching through the wreckage. I barely covered a square meter by the time he cleared about 25. One of the commandos was reporting in.

"Colonel, we've found nothing from the wreckage out here. The main house is still burning, so if there was anything worth having in there it will take a while to get at it. AM-3 reports there are lots of weird files on the computer hard disk. I pulled the hard disk out of the computer to take back with us. We also checked out the guards. There all human with one exception … a weequay. Anything else sir?"

"That's all for now. Have the men do a weapons check, and then get ready to pullout". My thought was on the weequay. What was he doing all the way over here on Earth? A merc maybe? I'll have to think on this some more.

“Colonelâ€

Edited by DarthTex
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Mitth sat in his office waiting for preliminary reports from Tex and Def16. A phone call, an email, SOMETHING. It was at this point that one of his private office lines rang at him. Only one person knew this number. He quickly snatched the handset off the phone’s base.

“Mitth. Talk to me Tex.â€

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Oh, how pretty - red text!

Umm . . . ignore that :P

Tex PMed me a while back, asking if I wanted to join this RP. My answer was yes, but for a minor character - or at least minor in appearances :wink:

So, if this RP is still running, I can jump in anytime - just give me a pointer to what you want me to do.

@Mitth: That ship's all Fishy's. I only started a 3d model of it, and havn't finished it . . . or worked on it for quiet a while :oops:

*Wonders off to find where he lost the AFC (A Fishy Cruiser) 3d model*

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Mitth sat down at his personal computer to check his email. There he noticed a message from Krytos.

"Excellent. I need someone to go through the stuff Tex brought back. Krytos is a computer guy, maybe he can make some sense of it."

Mitth then started typing a reply to Krytos' email.

Warlord Krytos,

I am sending you a shipment of microchips as well as a computer case. There are 1000 microchips and a single case. I need them anylized as fast as you can manage. Also if you could find a way to modify them that would be most excellent. Colonel Tex can give you more details.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Admiral Mitth_raw_nuruodo

After sending the email Mitth checked the forum and got to work on his calculus homework.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

The ISD erupted in a massive fireball of golden arcs, ripping apart its hull in the depths of space as bright red laser bolts tore through it's weakened hull. As the final Imperial vessel was destroyed, a sense of satisfaction rolled over Krytos.

"Another victory under my . . ." But his comments were struck short as the tactical display's colours distorted as if infected by a virus.

In an instant, the glorious battle became tarnished by the most dreaded message that existed came to be:

This Program has performed an Illegal Application!

"Son of a b . . ." Krytos grumbled, as Rebellion crashed again.

"Might as well take the hint and get some work done . . . but first - a drink!" Krytos smiled as he found his never ending smoothy that he got from the TOP2, and due to a small glitch in the ship his smoothy never ran out - just like a real everlasting gobstopper.

The smoothiness of the moment was halted as his computer made a familiar beeping noise.

"Mail? Hmm, I wonder who that could be? Better not be some more spam or a bloody virus!"

Sitting back at his computer, Krytos took his sweet time reading the first email he received:

"Warlord Krytos,

I am sending you a shipment of microchips as well as a computer case. There are 1000 microchips and a single case. I need them anylized as fast as you can manage. Also if you could find a way to modify them that would be most excellent. Colonel Tex can give you more details.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Admiral Mitth_raw_nuruodo"

"Interesting . . . . seems as if I've been gone for a little too long. There's something unusual going on here.

"Oh well, now lets look at this second untitled email from an email address I've never seen. I'm sure it's a harmless email."

Krytos opened the email, his eyes widening - the horrors inside! My Little Pony’s everywhere, all in pinks and peaches and light blues!

"Arrrghhhhhh!!!! Not again! Not this nightmare again!" Krytos screamed, like a little girl, as the memories flooded back.

"Who'd send this email?"

Quickly scanning to the bottom of the page, avoiding the horrendous pictures, Krytos found the email was ended with a simple four-letter word: MEOW.

"No . . . "

Meow rippled through the force, and Krytos' eye's opened wider again. The evil was awakened, more so than he'd known. . . how had he not felt its presence yet?

Krytos now hopped that whatever the microchips that Mitth was sending him would hold some important secrets to the evil out there, and he hoped that Tex could fill him in on what had happened since Krytos' last encounter with Tofu, the laky of the great evil.

It took forever to make, but it isn't exactly my worst work ever... Good sword fighting, good action, a sudden plot twist that nobody else decided upon that is still flexible... F*** yes!

“How fast are we going?â€

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Kyrtos,

Following is a brief update on the recent Zoot War, following the attack on you by DarthTofu.

Defender16 was almost terminated bringing Furball DNA to Q-branch. Tofu had seized control of Cape Canaveral in an attempt to destroy Q-branch base on the moon. Somehow, Tofu acquired an ISD III and attacked the Reloaded Labs on earth (they had really relocated earlier, leaving the base abandoned as a decoy). A new Q-branch transfer, EVO, brought forth an experimental weapon to use on the ISD III. The ISD III lost all navigational control and began to plummet into the atmosphere. Q-branch tractor beams caught the ISD III and were bringing it back to the moon for capture. After a brief fire fight, the ISD III self destructed. Tofu managed to get to an escape pod and made it back to earth. Zoot was particularly angry with Tofu's failure; his Zoot provided limbs detached and a Zoot agent was to terminate Tofu. Tofu was very fortunate to be rescued by the mysterious Jedi Shaft, who transported him to Q-branch. Tofu has agreed to provide information on Zoot activities that he is aware of, for new prosthetic limbs (and to get revenge on Zoot). Defender16 took a team to destroy a Zoot base on Neptune's moon, Triton. They have NOT reported back. I led a raid on a Zoot base in Texas. The facility was destroyed and some items retrieved for information. Mitth said he was forwarding these items to you to research (a shielded case, a computer hard drive and some unknown computer chips). Mitth has sent Tofu on a SAR (search and rescue) mission to the Triton base to find out what happened to Defender16 and his team, and recover them if possible. I just read over Tofu's after action report on his mission. Defender16 has been captured and maybe others from his team. Tofu is now heading to meet up with you per Mitth's order.

Krytos, be cautious with Tofu. I don't know if you can truly trust his motives. He may be using Q branch as a means to get his revenge on Zoot. He might care less about what happens to the rest of us.

After reading Tofu's report, I'm speculating the computer chips you are going to receive are some kind of "control chip". I think our (SWR and Q-branch) equipment suppliers are being duped to use "Zoot" procured chips, for its own evil plans. I'll have to forward my hypothesis on to Mitth for review. Let me know what you find out about the shielded case, hard drive and chips.

Regards,

DarthTex

P.S. Congratulations on the computer upgrade (I hear Q-branch is sending you a new computer!).

The corridor was dark, with low lighting between support columns. The only sound was that of footsteps. They were proceeding with a steady measured pace towards the end of the corridor. At the end of the corridor, were massive doors, shielded for scans and any weapon discharges. As the figure approached the doors, it stopped and looked into the security camera. The doors parted noiselessly, allowing entrance into an inner sanctum. Low level spotlights from all around the room focused on a single location at its center. The figure moved forward and stopped at the lighted spot. Through the glare of the spotlights, the only thing that could be spotted in the darkness was a pair of vertical slits set in green feline eyes.

"Yes, Commander? You have something to report?"

"Yes, Master. Two bases in the Sol system have failed to report in as scheduled. The first base was the chip distribution center on the Terran North American continent. Triton base sent a recon team to investigate. They found the base destroyed."

"What about the agent who was stationed there?"

"They believe he was killed, cut in half. Most of the bodies have been picked clean by the local fire ants, leaving only uniforms and equipment."

"And what of the inventory that was stored there?"

"With the exception of a single open box, all the chips were still sealed in their boxes. The chips have been distributed to their destinations."

"Is the special package still there under our control?"

"No Master. It was not found."

"Order Triton base to search and recover that package immediately. It can not be allowed to fall into the enemy's hands. There would be great consequences should they learn its secrets."

"Master, Triton base is the second base that no longer reports in."

"Is the base still under repair from the failed attack?"

"That maybe Master. I shall endeavor to find out."

"What of our captive?"

"He is still unconscious Master, and horribly disfigured from the premature detonation of their faulty explosive device. As soon as he comes to, the interrogation will begin."

"Very well, keep me informed on your progress. Commander, I will place two special agents at your disposal for the recovery of the package. Have a strike team assembled and standing by for their use, once it has been located. Time is of the essence. Also, see if any chips are missing, if so have three of them activated in scout mode. This might inform us who has commandeered them, and maybe they can find the package as well."

"Yes Master, it will be done."

The Commander bowed, then turned to leave. As the massive doors opened and shut again, the only sound in the corridor was that of footsteps proceeding with a steady measured pace.

The transport shuttle from Q-branch was approximately halfway to Krytos' base on Europa (one of Jupiter's moons). The base was basically a version of the Reloaded Labs, modified for the frigid "waters" of Europa. There were several crates bound for the base, mostly supplies and such. But there was one crate that held special interest. This crate carried in it a duristeel case containing a computer hard drive packed in foam padding, a shielded crate with unknown contents, a cardboard box from SendEx originating from Texas that contained computer chips, and a brand new full-tower top-of-the-line computer from Q-branch.

Krytos' new computer had a quad-core 4.2 GHz processor motherboard with 128 Gigs of RAM and a 100 Terra byte hard drive. The tower had five whisper quiet fans and two coolant ports "input" and "discharge". This PC would take advantage of the chill waters of Europa to cool the processors with internal stainless steel tubing encompassing the quad core. With a 16K by 9K pixel widescreen 16 Gig Ram video card, and wireless keyboard and mouse, this system also had exceptional peripheral devices. A large improvement over the original laptop Krytos was used to using.

But, deep in the special crate, inside the SendEx box, if one could have noticed, they would have seen three distinct points of light growing in intensity. At one such point, the vacuum packaging began to melt away. Soon there was a hole approximately the size of a (US) quarter (~25mm) in the packaging, and something was making its way out. One of the computer "chips" appeared to be moving, using the chip seating pins as "legs". It proceeded to explore the interior of its small box world. Upon discovery of its other brethren, the "chips" paused and linked to assess the situation. They then proceeded to a corner of their small world, and started working at breaking the walls of their confinement. It didn't take long for the cardboard walls of the SendEx box to be breached. The "chips" proceeded to explore the interior of the larger crate. A shielded crate was discovered and then passed by, as was the duristeel case that was encountered. The final object was discovered, Krytos new PC. This was the best target for the "chips". Slowly they made their way through the interior of the computer, until each was located over one of the 4.2 GHz processors. Then slowly the "chips" began to disassemble the computer processors, adding the material onto themselves. As the "chips" grew in size, more components of the PC were consumed and integrated as the "chips" began to transform themselves. The rate of transformation was proceeding geometrically with the total transformation to be completed before the shuttle docking at Europa base. When the shuttle finally docked, there would be three new items in the crate and one severely damaged full-tower not-so-top-of-the-line computer.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

• 5 months later...

OOC:

Looks like we just had about 5 pages of spam trimmed from Zoot wars people. :wink:

We'll be missing the last 4 months of data.

Paul A. says: thats what he said so ZW2 will have to be rebuilt

Defender_16says: *Arg*

Paul A. says: sucky for us

Defender_16says: Ok, so really we didn't lose THAT much...or I didn't atleast

Paul A. says: funny funny

Defender_16says: Oy, I hope Krytos and Tofu have backups. Looks like they lost the most stuff

Defender_16says: The one piece I'd written in that was lost only took me an hour to do. Mainly just the battle with Mitth

Paul A. says: I doubt Tofu has a backup dude

Defender_16says: We'll we can just dig up the old posting order that was set up before that. those people that have backups can post them when it's their turn

Paul A. says: Now I will NEVER get to post dude

Defender_16says: It depends. Do you think JH has a backup of his story? If he does I can write mine now ahead of time and you can start writing yours and it can be posted when we catch up

So, Mitth I need you to dig up all of the posting orders since I think you kept better records than I did. We're at the point where Krytos and Tofu battle the droid thingy infestation of Krytos' base on one of Jupiter's moons.

If you have a backup of your original post throw that in or fix it up when it's your turn. Hopefully we can get this moving along fast and catch up before/by the US Thanksgiving. (When is that btw? I can never remember, all I know is that there's normally a ton of snow by then.)

Let's try to make this recovery as fast and smooth as we can.

OOC: No idea guys :?

I'll check to see if there's anything left - I generally write straight into the RP. I might have some stuff in word docs . . but . . we'll see soon

EDIT:

Ok, I've got a few posts. I don't have my next post - as in the one where my base got attacked.

I do, however, have my post after Evo's death, Tofu's post after we jump out of hyperspace and enter the battle above the moon as well as my own post after that.

Other than that, I'm afraid not :(

I hope you guys have better luck - I really don't feel like re-writting all that got lost, because it wont link up properlly and be a pain.

OOC: AARRRrrrggghhhhh!!!!!

Well, I have all of my posts in MS Word, so I won't have a problem posting, it'll just be a matter of what order and when. Also, unfortunately I had (HAD being the key word) copies of Def's, Mitth's and Krytos last posts as I had used these to prepare for my last post, which was ... several weeks ago?

Aaack! I'm a lowly Colonel again! :cry: I was only 40 posts away from 1000 (a Grand Admiral) :cry: Well, we'll have to keep the rankings we had during the lastest posts to keep the stories posts from having to be modified. I'm not going back to change everybody's rankings in my posts :evil: Also, I've been in contact with JH, apparently he doesn't exist anymore 8O So, he has to "re sign-up" and is awaiting his e-mail from Evaders to get his account going. He has to start as a "cadet" again :?

OOC: ok.. so Im back.. obviously.. good news... I have Mitth's and Krytos' (i believe complete) most recent posts.. along with my own.. bad news is.. it seems i may have been demoted due to my actions in ZW not promoted like i was to.. whatever came after commander.. lol.. blah.. anyways.. so yea.. i have those... but i didnt ever copy the entire story like planned.. :? why am i such a procrastinator.. D'OH!.. anyways.. yea.. i have those if you wish.. oh yea.. and U.S. Thanksgiving is the third thursday in november i think?.. never knew the rule.. but its something like that..

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

OOC:

Ok, so the important thing is that not all of the newer pieces have been wiped out. E-mail or PM the parts you have belonging to others to that person but keep copies yourself.

Krytos, if you want we can just make up a point form of events and add a disclaimer with it that the post was lost durring the crash. We'll restore what we can but, I suppose people can do point forms notes of the events if they have no intrest in re-writing their post at this time. Most of us know what happened so it's not overly important. We should still put something in place of each missing post by the same person just so it can be edited later.

(It's ok Tex, I was nearly at 1,200 posts)

Edit: JH can you PM me the last story post you'd made? I never finished reading it. I was going to the day of the crash.

OOC: Sure Def, I'll go ahead and do that after this.. fair warning.. its like 9 pages in MS Word. My question is.. what happens when we get to that point when someone doesnt remember what they posted, or someone posted out of turn since the person who was supposed to was taking awhile?.. I understand the need to paste the story back together.. but what if its not possible?.. should we just try to post the most recent round or something?..

@Mitth: I'm pretty sure you have a copy but I'll send you the post you made that i copied to my comp... i believe its your fight with Def.

@Krytos: I'll send you the one I saved of yours.. I believe its the one with you crash landing into the base..

Im still upset that no matter what.. this forum will always say that i joined Sept. 19 2006 instead of May 19th 2006... four months to the day.. gone.. :cry::cry:

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

OOC: I have all of my posts past the point of deletion saved on my computer, folks. Unfortunately I have nobody else's stuff, so... Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah....

Edit: I think Krytos posted next, followed by me... and I don't think that Krytos saved that post... We're up shitter creek without a paddle, here.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

What the hell we lost most of Zoot Wars, anyway is anyone there?

hey, of everyone who doesn't know, my Account disappeared. this is Daur by the way. so I changed my name, got the name from a Anne Rice novel

R.I.P Daur lost in the great SWRebellion shake up of '06'

"no one will remeber you"

Alec Guinness would of kicked Ewan McGregor's arse, if he was still Obi Wan

hey, of everyone who doesn't know, my Account disappeared. this is Daur by the way. so I changed my name, got the name from a Anne Rice novel

OOC: Hmm.. yes.. so now you are a 500 year old vampire? :P hehehe.. i hope most people here know who marius is... (Psst.... The vampire that made Lestat.. )

OOC:

OOC: I have all of my posts past the point of deletion saved on my computer, folks.

That's good. It should cut down the time the rest of us wait to put up the next pieces by a few weeks.

Edit: I think Krytos posted next, followed by me... and I don't think that Krytos saved that post...
I've already covered what we'll do if Krytos doesn't want to retype the whole thing. We just need Mitth to confirm the post order.

OOC: Hmm.. yes.. so now you are a 500 year old vampire? :P hehehe.. i hope most people here know who marius is... (Psst.... The vampire that made Lestat.. )

Marius infact is over 1000 years old, and didn't make Lestat (a vampire called Magus made him then jumped into a Fire), the books are quite different to the film, the Queen of the Damned Film is spread over 2 books instead of just one (Vampire Lestat and Queen of the Damned)

sorry about that but I had to correct it, I know it was off topic and it won't happen again.

R.I.P Daur lost in the great SWRebellion shake up of '06'

"no one will remeber you"

Alec Guinness would of kicked Ewan McGregor's arse, if he was still Obi Wan

OOC: Well, the RPG has taken a good kick in the gut, but hopefully most of everybody has copies of their posts (or maybe others), plus Def's idea of posting some main points on those posts permanently ... gone. It will probably take (I'm guessing) at least until November to get back to where we were (I think JH was the last to post). After that, the current thread still needs to "wrap up" before the next chapter can begin.

From what I remember ...

Krytos posts about his base going crazy

Tofu posts arriving to help Krytos

Def posts enroute to raid Q-branch

Krytos? posts abandoning his base

Mitth posts Evo's death and sabotage on Q base

Def posts base attack and initial assault, then encounter with Mitth

Tofu posts coming back to Q base: space battle and escape pod to Q base

Tex posts space battle and heading to Q-base

Krytos post landing at Q base saving Life Support

Def/Mitth posting their encounter (I don't remember who went first)

Tofu posts his encounters in Q base

Tex posts his battles in Q base & YVH recovery

JH posts his Q base encounters

That's about as close as I could remember to the order (with short topics) in a nutshell. Corrections/comments welcomed. Maybe we should make sure everybody is ready, then come up with a short schedule to re-post. Then discuss how to wrap up this chapter and then plan the next. The new guys seem to be "chomping at the bit" wanting to post to ZW2. Just chill awhile until we get back on our collective feet, OK?

PS "Marius" ... never heard of him. But, I do know "Darius" would kick his butt with one hand behind his back (hint: Highlander fans would agree :twisted: )

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Gentleman, we may not need to go throught the long drawn out process we're all dreading. I'll get w/ E after going through Google's cached pages.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

yea mitth.. im going through them right now too.. and finding a good bit.. seems we may be alright.. maybe.. hehe.. i didnt know that feature of google.. thats pretty cool... oh.. and this time.. im saving them to my comp..

I've found pages 8, 9, and 16-19. For some reason I can only access results 1-37 of about 95 on Google. Yahoo and MSN/Windows Live don't have anywhere close to as many results.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"