Snow

Darth_Rob

Sorry, Australia always has and always shall be the only "Down Under" in this world for me.

Didn´t I said so?! ;)http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/konfus/a015.gif

And we don´t live downunder, just btw. ;)

Who cares at all?! :roll:

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh...its the first big snowstorm of the year. School closed. Im trying to get a hold of work, but the line has been busy for the last 45 minutes...

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

An elderly neighbour of mine recently slipped on some wet leaves and broke parts of her knee-cap; she is still in hospital. She has a magnificent greyhound called 'Missy' I am now taking for walks after work, about the most placid animal I have ever encountered. No snow yet, but lots of ice; as a non-dog walker, I can confirm these guys take you for a walk, at pace, even on slippery, icy pavements.

Can't wait till tomorrow :)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Dammit Tofu I keep thinking ur Tex with that avatar!

Well, at least it's a giant improvement in "avatar selection" for him :wink::lol:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Ok, so the college is ridiculous.

Next week is finals week, and its supposed to snow Monday. The college issued an announcement saying that if it closes Monday due to snow, then all the finals will be shifted back a day, meaning Friday finals will be held on Saturday, merely two days before Christmas! I want to go on strike.

My Website

Ok, so the college is ridiculous.

Next week is finals week, and its supposed to snow Monday. The college issued an announcement saying that if it closes Monday due to snow, then all the finals will be shifted back a day, meaning Friday finals will be held on Saturday, merely two days before Christmas! I want to go on strike.

I want to go on strike because my finals come after the Winter Break! Stupid legislators decided that having an equal number of days in both semesters was important, so we can't have our midterms until after Chistmas; in January, in fact.

Most of you are probably wondering why I'm pissed about the extra study time; Here's why: I want the in-class reviews! Over the holidays I want to spend the time carefree with my family, not reviewing Lewis Dot Structures and matrices and American History and Latin! Well, okay, I do the last one strictly for the fun of it, but the rest of my subjects? Hell no!

I don't want to have to worry about an AP English essay to write or two hundred vocabulary words for AP US History, or Physics equations on gravitational pull and coeffecients of friction down ramps or- Well, you get the idea. Stupid board of education...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

An elderly neighbour of mine recently slipped on some wet leaves and broke parts of her knee-cap; she is still in hospital. She has a magnificent greyhound called 'Missy' I am now taking for walks after work, about the most placid animal I have ever encountered. No snow yet, but lots of ice; as a non-dog walker, I can confirm these guys take you for a walk, at pace, even on slippery, icy pavements.

Bravo J! That's very chivalrous of you. I'll put in a good word to the jolly ol' elf to stick a little something extra in your stocking this year :wink: I always like going on a "walk" with the dogs; it's very relaxing :D

And good luck with school Rob & Tofu (and anybody else) :P

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Bravo J! That's very chivalrous of you. I'll put in a good word to the jolly ol' elf to stick a little something extra in your stocking this year :wink: I always like going on a "walk" with the dogs; it's very relaxing :D

It's actually a revelation, given I have never been a dog-walker in my life; but Missy has obviously been trained, and is not one of these Pit Bull Terrier's the working class over here completely mishandle. She is the most mellow animal I have ever encountered, and by and large alerted me to thinking about owning a dog of my own, as a family pet; though given the circumstances, I may be walking this lovely creature every night for a while. Which I don't mind doing. Hilary is hospital bound at least until mid January, and even then won't be any condition to walk her grayhound hopping around on a zimma frame. :lol: But forty minutes after dinner isn't a problem. She's trained to the Off-Licence. :)

And good luck with school Rob & Tofu (and anybody else) :P

^that with noisy Spaceshutles,

Life is hard i'm afraid, give your self a good headstart whilst it's all being provided for you.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

I'm finally off from school- today's the first day of Winter Break. And another bonus: My SAT Scores came in. I did pretty well- 2030 out of a possible 2400, good enough in most categories for most of the schools in my book The 363 Best Colleges in the United States, which is quite awesome. I got a 9 out of twelve on the essay portion, but that's partly because I was only halfway through my concluding paragraph when time was called... The other reason might have been that I took a Traitor-style approach; the essay gave positions A and B to argue for, and I argues for position C, which was somewhere between position A and position B. *shrugs*

Breakdown by subject:

Math: 700

Critical Reading: 640

Writing: 690

All in all I think I'm entitled to pat myself on the back at least once. *Cue everyone on the forums from the USA to mention that they got a perfect score on the SAT*

12/14/07

*Cue everyone on the forums from the USA to mention that they got a perfect score on the SAT*

Dude, that was so long ago that I dont rememeber what I got. Im sure I got a 2200 or so...

My Website

It rained Christmas eve and day, and still looks overcast on the 26th. We determined that it was Florida trying to have snow and failing because it was too near the equator.

12/14/07

• 2 months later...
We've had 90+ inches of snow this season. This is the most snow we've had in this area since it's been recorded.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Guest Scathane

Well we haven't had any real snow this year but we have had some hail... :( Moreover, it's a bit cold here and - as always - there's lot's and lot's of rain... That's Holland for ya!

Anyway, over here we all hope that Spring will commece soon... :|

The snow wasn't as bad here this year. However, it was pretty bad last Friday, where I attempted to drive home that night after work in the middle of a snowstorm. It took me a little over 3 1/2 hours to get home, versus the normal just under 2 hours. I was a tad beat after driving that.

My Website