Snow

Darth_Rob

I hate snow. It comes down just enough to freeze up the roads and parking lots and my car, but not enough to have classes canceled. So I have to brave the damn ice and snow alongside numerous idiots who do not know how to drive on pavement, much less snow, all for a thirty minute to hour drive to class just to drive back two hours later in rush hour traffic. Then the snow stays forever because the temperature won't go up (though it finally did today, thank God!) and stacks on the side of the road and a nasty, ugly mess of vehicle exhaust and ice, which can become dangerous slush. And then there's the glacier sitting in my backyard (photos on the way when I have time) which is something like four or five inches of snow covered in a nice damn layer of ice, which is fun to slide on when doing it on purpose, but not so much when it's everywhere on campus too, and thank goodness for your face which broke your fall!

I hate snow.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate snow. It comes down just enough to freeze up the roads and parking lots and my car, but not enough to have classes canceled. So I have to brave the damn ice and snow alongside numerous idiots who do not know how to drive on pavement, much less snow, all for a thirty minute to hour drive to class just to drive back two hours later in rush hour traffic. Then the snow stays forever because the temperature won't go up (though it finally did today, thank God!) and stacks on the side of the road and a nasty, ugly mess of vehicle exhaust and ice, which can become dangerous slush. And then there's the glacier sitting in my backyard (photos on the way when I have time) which is something like four or five inches of snow covered in a nice damn layer of ice, which is fun to slide on when doing it on purpose, but not so much when it's everywhere on campus too, and thank goodness for your face which broke your fall!

I hate snow.

[singsong Voice] It's a world of laughter, a world of love... [/singson Voice]

I slipped on wet, melted frost the other day and turned my right leg black and blue from knee to buttox. Not fun, especially when you're frequently running late for classes on the other side of the school.

If you want to feel warm read Lost Moon. Once you finish up with the part where they're all freezing their arses off the temperature around you will feel nice and toasty.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

The weather here is becoming highly unstable. We're getting crazy occilations back and forth between almost slightly above freezing and OH-MY-FREAKING-GOD-IT'S-COLD! And snow durring the transition phases.

:roll:

You call that a snow pic?! Here are mine from that 2-foot snowstorm I had about 2 weeks ago. I don't know why I didnt put them on photobucket earlier. They are in reverse order, so the last one was taken first and so forth and so on. But I think that that will be obvious.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

You call that a snow pic?! Here are mine from that 2-foot snowstorm I had about 2 weeks ago. I don't know why I didnt put them on photobucket earlier. They are in reverse order, so the last one was taken first and so forth and so on. But I think that that will be obvious.
:lol: Not competing, mate. I already got a good lashing from Mitth for calling it ice. Even so, it took a pick-ax and shovel to cut through the five inches of ice in my backyard. Not a lot of snow, but more than I'd ever want to see again.

Oh yeah?! Well...it took a flamethrower and about 50 megatons of TNT to dig my car out so there! Though, in the end I ended up destroying my car in a huge explosion that also leveled my apartment...but enough about that.

My Website

You guys don´t use any salt to clean off from snow?

No snow here. Rather spring-like, but a bit stormy and rainy weather.

Oh, yeah, we use salt, but mostly for the sidewalks and driveways. The city provides much salt for the roads, but when they get lazy and don't plow the snow, they toss nasty amounts of sand on top of the snow--a useless action, really.

It's supposed to snow tomorrow. :x

Wish I had your weather, Eagle.

And I really don´t want to have yours. But I don´t want to yell that loud, because of that crazy climate here, winter came back in march or april on some of the last years. :?
Who cares at all?! :roll:

Im amazed. This town always experiences heavy amounts of snow annually, but for some reason they dont prepare or react well to it. Like SOCL said, they just dump sand without plowing sometimes.

My Website

Im amazed. This town always experiences heavy amounts of snow annually, but for some reason they dont prepare or react well to it. Like SOCL said, they just dump sand without plowing sometimes.
Then all the friction of car tires cause the layers of snow to form into nice, thick layers of ice, which are oh-so-fun to drive into lampposts on. :roll:

*Comes in from sun bathing* Hmm... Lot's of snow... Sucks to be all of you. *Grabs the sunscreen and heads out again*

12/14/07

*Comes in from sun bathing* Hmm... Lot's of snow... Sucks to be all of you. *Grabs the sunscreen and heads out again*
Laugh now, Tofu, but in less than five days, I too will be enjoying the sun. Hell, I may just come and pelt you with lawn darts--err, I mean...

...no I don't. :twisted:

I guess saying I've only ever seen snow twice in my life doesn't help ... :roll:

Then again ... I guess it was just that one time as a kid when I was driven to the snow ... the stuff at my house was more of sleet

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Laugh now, Tofu, but in less than five days, I too will be enjoying the sun. Hell, I may just come and pelt you with lawn darts--err, I mean...

...no I don't. :twisted:

Phew! Good thing I'm heading off to California for Spring Break to go snow boarding... Have fun tracking me! :twisted:

12/14/07