Snow

Darth_Rob

Don't forget to place a flaming bag of feces on Tofu's porch before you leave!

Hah! I'm Central Florida, fools!

Really? Ironic because so am I...

Damn snow, ice, and sleet have canceled all flights to DC and east coast airports north of there, and the next flights to DC will only be available on Tuesday. So I have to fly to Norfolk and be picked up, three hours to the south of DC.

East or West coast? Swing by Ron John Surf Shop (One of a Kind! Oh, wait, no, it isn't even remotely one of a kind anymore, now is it?) in Cocoa Beach and I'll meet you there. :P I'll be the guy in swim trunks and a bullet-proof vest. :wink:

@Taco: Everyone has to make up for lost days of school. Fortunately we only have to make up one day for every three that we miss, though. :roll: Go figure.

LOL! For spring break, I went to Orlando, went to Cocoa beach too!

And thats lucky there Tofu! :cry::lol:

"The Chimaera is at your command, Admiral."

—Captain Gilad Pellaeon

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yargh, after the last couple of weeks we had such a beautiful springlike weather, snow and ice returned. :x Most of the snow just melted away, but it´s still very cold outside, brrrr.
Who cares at all?! :roll:

Went skiing today at Tremblant .

(Not my pictures)

http://www.vivetremblant.com/images/mont_tremblant_winter_05_med.jpg

http://canadianwinter.ca/uploads/images/gallery/quebec_city/mont_tremblant.jpg

Most of the snow on the runs was human made but oh well.

Very pretty stuff, D! I'm leaving for California on the *Checks watch* twenty-fifth. Tahoe, California! Yahoo! I'll post a snow boarding pic or two when I get back.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Have fun Tofu. I am impatient to see the pics.

The weather is so weird here! Snowing in the morning and not a cloud in the sky in the afternoon.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Its a beautiful 57degreesF here, but Im stuck inside writing a 15 page paper on the sans-culotte and the effect the French Revolution had on them. And its due in two days. Three cheers for procrastination!!!

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I never trust weather people. In my opinion, weather is a natural phenomon (sp) which is extremely difficult to predict. Ive had too many plans go wrong due to the incorrect predictions of meteorologists (yet another sp).

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I never trust weather people. In my opinion, weather is a natural phenomon (sp) which is extremely difficult to predict. Ive had too many plans go wrong due to the incorrect predictions of meteorologists (yet another sp).
I know that feeling.

It's supposed to cool off here, down into the 50's Fahrenheit, which is bad (especially since today was in the 80's Fahrenheit). No more snow, luckily, but the 50's a rather a bad place here since that's when the flu starts to spread a lot because people think it's warm, but it's not quite warm enough to go out without a coat or a sweater. Most people survive the 50's alright, but I always catch something. I mean, I've been sick three times in just these past two months! :x

I can't wait until it warms up again.

No, you don't understand. It was 15 degrees C through the day then we got snow after the sun went down. So technically the weather forcasters wern't wrong, they just could have been more right.

Lake Tahoe, California was at 70 degrees on Thursday, March 29th at an elevation of over five thousand feet above sea level. The wierd part? It snowed both days before that. Really nice powder and all, too. The high the day before was something like thirty degrees! 8O (It was actually around twenty)*

*All units are Farenheit. I appologize to everyone who uses the metric system. It's a much better system, but the conversions from Imperial are a b****.

12/14/07

... but the conversions from Imperial are a b****.

actually.. theres quite an easy way to convert from C to F and back to F from C that you can do in your head... (just an FYI for when you need it...) for C to F.. lets say its 10C ... times by two (20C) take away ten percent (20 - 2.0 = 18) add 32 (18+32=50) and thats it.. 50F I have found this to be dead on every time.. and now for from F to C .. simply subtract 32 (50-32 = 18) then multiply by 55% (or .55) so 50% + 5% = 9 + .9 = 9.9 degress C rounded to 10 C ... not too bad i dont think...

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

Huh- never seen that before, though it's certainly much easier than the fractional values I've seen in conversions before. Thanks, JH- I'm sure that'll come in handy some day, assuming I don't bump it out to store info on something that my subconcious deems more important (Such as characters in my latest novel that I'm reading/writing) :roll:

Florida has very nice weather. Much nicer than California had. It's warm, bright, and sunny, and I'm dressed appropriately for it this time :roll:

12/14/07

Cool JH! 8O Thank´s! I´ve searched for such a kind of formula. :D

Edit:

Just BTW, I´m only 12 posts away from you now, JH. Maybe you should do something against that. ;):lol:

Who cares at all?! :roll: