pics of the characters

Guest JediIgor

Guest JediIgor

Now, there is obviously a dilemma here.. half of them will be from books/comics and the other half from the movies (or maybe games).

How do we keep all our characters looking the same? Wouldn't it be weird if we had one card with Han Solo from the movie, and another with Daala from the comics?

Does anyone know of a way of making movie characters appear more comic drawn perhaps?

Or have you any alternate suggestions?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drawing does not equal drawing... :)

No, serious. The drawings scanned from the covers of some books are fine. Those from some resource books/encyclopedias are radically different.

Maybe call down a vote?

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

Oh heck, let's go pic hunting!

Igor: There seem to be ways to alter pictures in the desired way. Could take some 'skill' though (so don't look at me!). At least movie pics could be made to look more like drawings.

Again, I have to go to the BG2 mod community. There are some guy who work on an NPC mod (they are really good) and they use an altered pic of Liv Tyler. Of course the style the picture is altered to is not the one we desire, but it shows the possibilities.

http://forums.forgottenwars.net/index.php?board=26;action=display;threadid=2009

Yes it is, and I like it very much. But the drawing looks like BG-style and not like anything seen on Rebellion cards.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JediIgor

Hmm.. I would have to say that it is something I would like to know.

Would it be possible for you to find out how he turned a photo into that drawing? I am sure that once we know how to do that we can make it look more-or-less like Rebellion-style cards. :)

p.s. good work Tsunami :D

We'd have to ask Wynne, the gal who did the changes to the original photo. Heck, they have chicks in the BG2 community! Why don't we? ;):cry::lol:

That's a great question...women find Star Wars as interesting as men do, it's been proven. I didn't know girls found Dungeons & Dragons as interesting. Maybe the chicks just aren't as interested in this game as some of the others...

Or maybe it's because we call 'em chicks! :lol:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

OK, let's call them Ladies.

(wait)

(wait a little longer)

(wait a lot longer)

(wait until Duke Nukem Forever is ready)

(wait as long as it takes Bill Gates to develop something GOOD)

(wait 'till Judgement Day)

Still no ladies here. Blast. ;)

(the last two waits were in the wrong order, I know:))

We have plenty of female DSA players, too. (DSA is an RPG with a lot of more depth than D&D; it's been released in the USA last year under the name of The Dark Eye. In Germany, it's been around for more than 20 years.)

And no, I did not ask Wynne yet. Were I supposed to? :)

Alright, I'll do it.

Damn, more depth than D&D?? How much more could ya cram into an RPG?? 8O

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Well, you could dress up in character, and actually build the game in a film set, and then run around and look rather silly. It's the logical extension. FPS = Paintballing, D+D = Fancy dress filmsets!

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

You've heard of what? Paintballing, or dressing up? I like paintballing, but i prefer airsoft (bb guns) they're much more realistic, and have better range and accuracy.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

I don't think we'll ever get a full set of pictures unless we draw them all ourselves, the books just don't have pictures of all the characters. So, the hunt is on, who's our best artist. We should poen an art section anyway.... :)

The conversion of a photo to something a bit more cartoonish is pretty straightforward, albeit time consuming, with photoshop.

Here's a quicky I did just to see what's involved. It's worth noting that this is the first time I've tried to do this, so for all I know there could be a better way...

http://smokingfrog.net/conversion.php

-Monsh

It's very good job Smonica, but the pic isn't drawn with the color table used by the game. If you will convert it, huge, strange colored pixels will appear in the middle of his face, and so on.. How did the artists get so excellent pix in 256 color, using the same table? Just look at any of the minor characters face.

I think, all faces where made from photos, but how?? Why do they look so good in 256 format?