• Star Wars Episode 1 : Racer
    • Star Wars Galaxies
    • Other

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Well we all pretty much go on and off topic pretty often around here, but it all works out eventually. :wink:

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Okay, lets now discuss what would be the best way to implement a game based on or loosely on NJO.

I would recommend a strategie blending ressource collecting, space battles, diplomacy, ground assault, commando units and exploration.

:oops: I just described Rebellion II :oops:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Well what about a game more closely linked to say.. Jedi Outcast where it's more about Jedi in that You are a Jedi fighting amphistaff wielding Yuuzhan Vong.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Or a Yuuzhan Vong with a Amphistaff fighting a Jedi wielding a Lightsaber.

That would be interesting for you to be in the perspective of a Vong. Like you could have a level that is about sneaking around whering an ooglith masequer (sp?) or something.

I think they're sort of a Klingon rip-off. Pain as a god? I wasn'treally impressed. They're also tactically inferior. They rely too heavily on overwhelming numbers. And their hate of tech and thier refusal to learn about it was stupid. You must learn about your enemy and their abilities before you can defeat them.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I think they're sort of a Klingon rip-off. Pain as a god? I wasn'treally impressed. They're also tactically inferior. They rely too heavily on overwhelming numbers. And their hate of tech and thier refusal to learn about it was stupid. You must learn about your enemy and their abilities before you can defeat them.

Well it did them well till the very end...

Pain wasn't a God, it was just something Stackpole came up, but later authors tried to correct it. You just have to accept death and pain as part of life.

They rely too much on overwhelming numbers, well yes, but so did the Empire, and that doesn't prevent much of us to like the Imps. They hate tech but they learned a lot through it, after the capture of Obroa-Skai some selected members had access to information there before it was processed into qahsas or whatever, their quick response to any new gadgets the GFFA came up was impressive. And the Slayers as the final response to the Jedi was cool.

I think the Vong suffered much from the first NJO books, particularly in Vector Prime and in Stackpole's books that ultimately didn't fit well with the rest of the series. Both enemies Praetorite Vong and Domain Shai just vanish in later books. Luceno's books as well suffer from it, because it leaves ends open that will be only closed far far later. (Ryn, they are gone for most of the series and then pop out of nowhere in the "Re-"Trilogy, the Imps), And even Anakin's and Tahiri's unfulfilled prophecy in Keyes's duology. After Star by Star, NJO gained more coherence,(except Dark Journey) and threads of the story were continued until they joined with the main plot again.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

From what I understood of Vong culture. They consider that their Gods sacrificed pieces of themself to create the universe. The Vong honor them by taking pain and cutting pieces of themself off to replace them by organic replacements.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance