Main Characters.

Venix

I would suggest using the same main characters for the New Republic ( Leia, Luke, Han and Mon Mothma ), seeing they where all around at the time.

For the Empire, i suggest we use Joruus C'Baoth as the Emperor, because their voices could sound very similar ( since they're both old and stuff ) and ofcourse, Thrawn as Vader.

We might have to record some small wav files to use for Thrawns speech, but thats more of an advanced option we could do when we're done with everything else. ( yes i've changed the sounds before. The Length needs to be exactly the same )

( Changing Coruscant to Wayland, and Yavin to Coruscant, so they start at believable places )

Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all.

Venix

The Rankless-One

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JediIgor
We might have to record some small wav files to use for Thrawns speech, but thats more of an advanced option we could do when we're done with everything else. ( yes i've changed the sounds before. The Length needs to be exactly the same )

( Changing Coruscant to Wayland, and Yavin to Coruscant, so they start at believable places )

We could also change Coruscant to Bastion instead of Wayland.. why? Becaus e it would make more sense.

But, for the HQ victory, how would we explain the Empire not going after "Coruscant"?

Also for the sounds, you could probably use TIE Fighter; you could take Thrawn's sounds out from the movies? Couldn't you? :)

I've got to side with Venix on this one, in the series Wayland is the place that matters. The Empire could survive without Bastion, just. But Wayland has the cloning facilities, and is the home to the Emporer, and the 'Seat of Power'.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest JediIgor

Hey, that works you know.. Except going about it the easy way will have some problems.. for example, the Empire would ignore Coruscant (since it would be Yavin?) .. or would it?? I am not sure now, I've seen Yavin invaded quite a few times. Anyhow, it wouldn't be the main objective (yet the empire tried to get it back.. that's all they cared about).

But yeah, Wayland sounds like a good idea..

How would you go about the cloning stuff though?

Well, wouldn't know about making Coruscant an objective, but as for the cloning, you could have a set of advanced training facilities with the spec bumped right up. You can already do that to Coruscant with RebEd

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Guest JediIgor

Hey, that's not a bad idea! We could put some on both Coruscant and Wayland..? Of course we'd have to make up a story on how some wound up on Coruscant, and they (the cloning facils) couldn't be buildable (or maybe cost ~500/500 each so they would be hella expensive?).

But that still wouldn't get over the Coruscant-HQ part.. :(

Prototypes of the cloning facilities on Coruscant maybe? Luke discovers them in his quest to rebuild the Jedi...

No ideas about the objectives, maybe Greg can shed some light on this?

Yes, but how do we make the Empire go after Coruscant? What is it about the Rebel HQ that makes the Empire track it down? Is that hard coded into the game? If so couldn't we just set the Rebel HQ on Coruscant and then we only have to worry about the Rebel objective?

Coruscant will be Wayland, which is good because then C'Baoth starts at the right planet.

Yavin would be Coruscant, which means the Rebels would have Coruscant from the start with important people on it, which is also good because thats the NR Capital.

The Rebel HQ is indeed a problem... Maybe we could transform it into the New Republic Flag Ship or something.

Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all.

Venix

The Rankless-One

• SWR Staff - Executive
Nah, too complicated. I would rather have the NR replace the Empire and control Coruscant. The Empire would replace the Rebel Alliance and they would be found at Wayland. The Empire's headquarters would be Bastion: it is a moble capital and can be moved from system to system.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I agree with Evaders, changing NR with Imps is the most logical thing to do. PRoblem is with the main characters, or is the amount for main characters in REb II different from the one in REb. (2 for the Imps, 4 for the Alliance). If we change it the Imps would have 4 main characters, one would be Thrawn, C'Baoth, Isard?, CLoned Palpy?. And what about the NR 2 main characters, would you leave SOlo, or Organa SOlo, or Skywalker or Mothma out?

I hope this things would be fixed for REb II.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest JediIgor

Good idea Venix, but then the flagship would need to be strong.. and that's ap problem in itself. Maybe something that's not a flagship.. hmm? Hm..

Anyways, I'd like to replace everyone & all, but there's just too much stuff to go through... really.

Nah, you need a balence between 'leaders' and Jedi. So, i'd go for C'Baoth and Luuke, with Thrawn and Palleon. Luke and Mon Mothma for the Republic. Thats trhe best combination i can think of. And there should be some sort of bonus for putting Han and Leia together because they're married now. ;)

Hmmm...Han and Leia should get a penalty because they're married...hehehe...always fighting and then making up and...um...well...making Jacen and Jaina. :lol:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Umm...no. Twas a joke, my friend. :D

A poor excuse for one, but a joke nonetheless. :roll:

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Oh i knew you were joking, i just couldn't remember if they were around anyway.

I don't think so...it's been far too long since I've read. :cry:

Support the USA!

Errm, Jacen and Jaina were born around the beginnig of the second or third book in the Thrawn series. Not much use putting them into the game, except for keeping the imps busy with milk bottles while anything gets sabotaged behind their backs :roll:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Would it be possible to make that our event? Leia goes away to give birth and comes back stronger, revitalised, and ready to use the powers that she has etc etc?