The Real Trick

UntimelyDemise

If you capture Coruscant, while playing the Rebels, the AI doesn't give up everything to get Coruscant back. I think it is pretty realistic, and it changes a lot so it is a real Total Conversion :!:
Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...

Well, we can't change the objectives, so if you just give the Reb Coruscant then they will have already got one objective, and the Empire will not get its 'seat of power' bonus.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Hi. I'm not in on this project, though it seems pretty awesome. I'm thinking of doing my own TC for Rebellion...

Anyhow - about the Force-User disappearing thing... I think making that the time Luke went off to see Joruss C'Baoth is a great idea. It's straight from the time period you guys are trying for, and you don't even have to change the character (though you're probably making new Cards and everything for Luke anyway). That's just my opinion.

"People say that we kick at the ties that bind because it's just a part of growing up.

I don't think that's why we kick at all.

I think we kick because we realize that our parents don't know much more about the world than we do - that they've been lying to us all along. That there is no Santa Claus."

What would happen when Luke runs into Thrawn(or whoever is in Vader's place)?.

Will Thrawn confess his real heritage? Luke, I'm you uncle. Join us in the big Imperial family. :!::?:

In the books Luke didn't meet Thrawn. The nearest he got to him was during Karrde's rescue on the Chimeara near Wistril.

If we could keep the 4/2 Reb /Imp structure intact we could make Mara a rebel Main character so we make the event look like Thrawn meeting Mara, and MAra convincing herself of joining the REbel cause. And if she gets captured Thrawn would take her to Wayland and give her to C'Baoth.

I know that bringing MAra as a new Main characters, doe not wholly make sense, but I'd like her more than mon Mohtma, and she does have a growth in the Force....

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Interesting, could be done.

What about the Noghri? How can we show the turning of the Noghri?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

I'm not sure if it's possible, but if it is, you could make it so the last characetr to be recruited, or one who is always on a faraway planet, is Khabarakh. Then make it so he can research troops, and mke him the only one able to "discover" Noghri commandos. The Empire would probably have kept some of their commandos at their various bases, so if they can still make Noghri troops, it isn't a big problem.

"People say that we kick at the ties that bind because it's just a part of growing up.

I think we kick because we realize that our parents don't know much more about the world than we do - that they've been lying to us all along. That there is no Santa Claus."

Well, there's nothing in RebEd to let you sete the order of recruitment, but there is for the order of research, i wonder if that could be applied to recruitment. Still doesn't soleve the problem of how to make him the only one to research them.

Methinks we might need a new version of RebEd!!!

We'd need to include Mara anyway, but maybe as a substitute for Leia.

She'd get her force-powers when Luke confronts C'Baoth the first time and we wouldn't have Mara as a Jedi from the beginning.

Worth thinking about.

Btw, I don't think tinkering around with the recruitment is going to get us anywhere. The order seems to be random, IIRC.

Luke meating Thrawn ? Well, yeah, but in the original Rebellion there could also be things that haven't happened in the movies/books, so we could simply 'sell' this feature as continuing of the tradition :roll:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Sounds good to me. Leia can't do much while she's preggers anyways. :)

I dunno, she kicked some ass in Kashyyyk in HTTE. But just saying that she's pregnant would make the player want to protect her - both just because of that and to prevent the Empire grom kidnapping her, like in the book. You could make her and Luke the two characters the Empire goes after, as they are the two they went after in HTTE.

Yeh, but how do you get the AI to recognise it when they're playing as the Alliance with you kicking behind as the Imps?

Indeed, she does fit the bill. Well, let's let the card guys decide!

• 5 months later...

I read that topic here observantly and I think some problems can be acquited if u change the sides :arrow: The empire now will be the NR and the rebels now will be Thrawns remaining empire guys :idea:

What do u think about that :?::wink:

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you, I suggested that a long time ago, but we decided to just keep the sides the same.

If you want to know more about the decission of not changing sides, read the topics in the Cards section (personel).

Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...