Ludo's House of Textures and Tweaks (Now Serving Rebellion!)

Ludo Kressh

No worries on the renders; when you can, as you can. Send over Burntstrobe's textures (the ones you've obtained) if you can too, at least the ones Warb hasn't already provided us if any. The more the merrier! :D

Hmm. Well then the entire skin is wrong outright; TBH I need to look at the skin again to see whether it is Ruan anyway. Definitely RaW's Coruscant texture would be a a great addition to our collection. The molten/magma planet also is a little questionable; I wonder if there are others to consider for it as well?

Good job getting them in game, too.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about we use the coruscant texture from RaW?

A very good idea! If you can acquire it, let me know. If not, I'll ask z3r0x for it; I still need to ask him for his Advanced Droid Bomber (the Trade Fed one) model anyways.

I know RaW has a skin; all it needs is team colors, if at all.

Any skin RaW has will do the trick; team colors are a non-essential for ships.

Good luck getting hold of Z3r0x, he's been abcent for over a year now. RaW is being kept alive by Anakin and Killerhurtz.

On the bright side; Z3r0x gave permission to use RaW assets for this mod as a sort of return favor for all the SOGE models in RaW.

Here are the planet textures in 2048x2048. coruscant is included.

http://we.tl/Rhdi4ao6kP

Good job getting them in game, too.

Credit for this goes to Warb really; he renamed all the textures to conform to SoGE's naming style and also made the excellent DA textures.

Here are the planet textures in 2048x2048. coruscant is included.

http://we.tl/Rhdi4ao6kP

Thank you so much for all of these. I truly cannot overstate how much I appreciate these textures, and all the contributions you've made to SoGE over the past few years.

On the bright side; Z3r0x gave permission to use RaW assets for this mod as a sort of return favor for all the SOGE models in RaW.

Most excellent. In this case we already have permission to use the model; it won't be difficult at all for me to grab it.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Those 44 or so additional textures have been quite handy... From them I've found good replacements for the Barren and Ice Giant textures (no DA textured needed), two nice terran styled skins I'll be experimenting with, and two volcanic skins that have some possible non-planet usage. That latter bit might end up being intriguing to the YVaW team if it looks good.

Cool! Which textures in particular did you use for the barren and the ice giant? Here I was thinking the ice planets all used the same texture, unless you're intending to distinguish the ice giant from the others.

I've already begun making new planet HUDs and ingame icons, and I have almost all ready for cropping. I don't think I'll revise the GalaxyForge icons, as they haven't been changed at all as of yet.

Were those background buttons to your liking, BTW? What of the Republic HUDs?

Forget the numbers off hand; you will see them ingame soon. All ice planets have the same texture save the Ice Giant, for some reason. Shrugged my shoulders and slapped in something new for it, just because.

Here's all the icons I got, all in their proper placement with reference to current positions, for the ships that currently have renders. Some of these may have HUD icons but not pictures, if you see ones like that let me know, as it means Warb did a render of it but I deleted it or something by accident and can retrieve it. There are a few ships/structures that need replacing, but alas. There's a few full sized icons there, ones I got from ingame, but not all of the renders Warb gave, as I just never saved them all. Here's a few of Warb's renders that I do have though. The GalaxyForge icon set is missing a few planets, such as Tundra/Arctic, iirc.

I liked the CIS' background. Looked really nice, and fits the UI much better. Wasn't crazy about the effects some of the CIS units had, though that's more due to you having no renders than anything else, which you certainly cannot be faulted for.

Thanks for the icons. They will do nicely.

Forget the numbers off hand; you will see them ingame soon. All ice planets have the same texture save the Ice Giant, for some reason. Shrugged my shoulders and slapped in something new for it, just because.

Roger that!

I liked the CIS' background. Looked really nice, and fits the UI much better. Wasn't crazy about the effects some of the CIS units had, though that's more due to you having no renders than anything else, which you certainly cannot be faulted for.

Yeah, some were pretty raspy. It was either do a dark glow on them or expose them as the jagged, pixellated cutouts they were. I'll be addressing the worst first.

Here are the renders for the ones you listed below.

The RaW mandator skin is also included. There is a newer version model and skin (with teamcolor) but i'm not sure if Z3r0x ever finished it.

the CIS Droid bomber mesh is also included.

http://lilfile.com/i7Ybpc

Republic spaceport

Mandator (we can wait until a new skin is acquired and applied)

Vulture droid

Hyena bomber

Civic and military research stations

CIS hangar defense

Oh man, thanks a bunch, Warb. Good stuff all around. :D

http://speedy.sh/Zjzcc/Planet-Pics.rar

Included are the planet pics, exempting Rusty/Junkyard, Carbon, and Urban (sans the HUD icons as well, but they're coming). Let me know what you gents think and whether there are any I should redo. I figure we can use the larger pics for the wiki as well. I've fiddled with an article or two several days ago, and don't mind going through and making needed articles for reference by the players.

Thanks a bunch for those Warb!

I like those icons, they look quite nice! Will compare their size to vanilla's icons; I found Nova's to be slightly too large.

Purposely made them smaller, around the size of the vanilla batch. I screwed-up on a few of them, but the next upload will contain rectified large pics, plus HUDs! I even got them ingame.

I'm also messing around with other icons, namely stars and unknown planets, as well as visual effects (some star glows, lens flares, etc, though the suns are QUITE bright - do you know of any mods that have made the suns "invisible" or replaced them with black holes to simulate a more galactic, rather than solar, experience? I know the sun is the map's anchor object, but still it may be worth poking at in making the mesh and texture invisible or something close to it, like a black hole).

I really liked Infinite Space's more realist-minimalist take on them, and may slap them in at least for my own personal use. Let me know if it's something you'd be interested in having integrated. I figure having a select blend of high-quality materials makes us unique, too!

Also, just begun work on the revamped music mod by trawling my iTunes library. Starting with Clone Wars first and them moving to GCW. Here's the breakdown:

Republic: Heavy Ep1, Ep3, and unique Ep2 scores with neutral and light side "arrangements"; some OT for select tracks (cues taken from SW: The Clone Wars for Gamecube/PS2 [Ah, memories!])

CIS: Ditto, only darker and/or Separatist-oriented scores highlighted

Empire: Heavy OT, some Ep3 and select PT scores; dark, militaristic, with a dash of TIE Fighter if I can find some good rescores (which I may just have!)

Rebellion: Ditto, only light side-oriented

NR: Equal to Rebellion

Vong: Huh. Likely even PT-OT and dark.

There will be some neutral battle tracks that will be heard across the factions; the above only detail those intended to define the experience for the player when ingame. Let me know what you think! :D

Excellent.

Making the mesh invisible, or replacing all of them with a Black Hole, is a big no. The former would look absolutely strange, in particular as you have to research star jumping tech with no stars. As for the latter, I have some star-themed events in mind, and I'd rather not lose those, so-to-speak. That being said, I do prefer IS' stars over our own, wouldn't mind at all if you went out and slapped theirs in, on the condition that you edit some of the existing star entity files rather than make new entities, to cut down on the needed GSD tweaking.

I like the sound of this. Keep me posted!

Also Warb, thanks for rigging up that CIS bomber! Didn't even know you had done that until I looked at the mesh myself, that will make it even easier to slap in.

Warb, would it be possible for you to make a DA texture for Burntstrobe's W_planet_adumar.dds? That skin would work great for the Industrial and Shipyard planets.

You got it, boss, though I'm a bit lost on what you mean by edit the entity files. The textures work as they are, slapped in. You're gonna have to educate me on some of the finer points lost to me here. :lol:

Too bad about the black hole/invisible star thing, though I do hear and understand your point. I mean, couldn't it simply be an option, as with the other stars (yellow, red, blue, green, etc.)? No need for an full phase-out of the current star set, but the option of having a black hole as the map anchor for map makers would be kinda cool I think. It's hard to make multi-sector maps when you have a huge sun shining there.

And yes, Adumar would be a great clean industrial planet or shipyard. I can't say about the standard industrial; when I think of one, I think of Eriadu or some other ecologically-ruined world. That is, unless you're going to give the current industrial texture to the polluted planet, which would be okay in my book. My two point four-nine cents.

I like the sound of this. Keep me posted!

Hehe. I see what you did there. :P

Well, if we were going with IS then we'd have to phase out our current set, which I would enjoy doing.

Black Holes are in as a possible star option actually.

Hrm. I see what you mean about the standard Industrial. I don't think the texture that was previously picked out fits it, truth be told. I'll look through Burntstrobe's textures again, maybe I can find something that works.

I see. Okay, I'll look into it.

Great to hear about the black holes. I shall experiment then, once I get GalaxyForge working. For some reason, my edited maps don't register ingame as selectable...

As far as an industrial texture goes, Eriadu is an excellent choice if you have it. Check out the list I posted a few pages back for some ideas.

Very cool!

I just finished up making mixes for the two primary eras, Clone Wars and GCW. Will be transferring them over to my PC and sorting the current .oggs to see what I already have and what I do not. Editing and conversion will follow soon after, and then implementation.

Very nice! Glad to hear things are progressing. That being said, I modified the crystal planet to be green to fit our lommite's color and I got a good Rusty texture going. I also made a go at doing DA textures for the new Shipyard/Clean Industrial planets and the Industrial (Eriadu) planet. Not perfect, but they will do the job for now:

http://imageshack.com/a/img837/776/13na.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img30/9404/c6r5.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img560/4270/v5uw.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img545/2157/mftw.png

They look good for a first go. Can't wait to see the rusty/junk planet. Always liked me a Raxus Prime-ish planet, or at least the looks of it.

BTW, any particular SW tracks you want included? I know Chim wanted Battle of the Heroes in at some point, but that was a while ago.

This of course goes out to Evaders and Warb as well. :)

Oh foo. I wanted a Junk planet. Why can't we have nice things, Lavo? :(

:P

Anywho, I come bearing most bestest news, comrade: the music mod is complete! Give it a look and listen, and then let me know what you think!

http://speedy.sh/2K7CY/Sounds-of-a-Galactic-Empire-3.0.rar

Also, a small color mod changing the colors of the antimatter and shield health bars in the HUD and infoboxes to canon colors, as well as some of the loading bars:

http://speedy.sh/XdWaT/Colors.rar

Mind the README in the music mod. The disclaimer made me feel better in the event of a worst-case scenario.

• SWR Staff - Executive
Personally I like some of the "metal" tracks from Force Commander. Really makes it feel like a battle. Don't know if they fit the mood of the game though :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.