MrPhildevil

Are you interested in my mod  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in my mod

• Yes
    • No
    • Uh? You have a mod?
    • Only some parts are interesting to me
    • Could you please detail your mod a bit more, then I'll know.
    • Uh, is that my work your'e using in your mod?

Maybe now could be a good time to say I generally play at the lowest speed possible, so that I can control every bit of the game. And since I've been modding a lot, I haven't been playing for very long (not getting much further than 460). This means I have basically not been able to test the AI with Golan stations. Oh well. So micah, are you playing as a Rebel or an imperial?

Only as rebellion so far. Was gonna try as the imperials today.

Edit: and the first editor doesn't work w/o a full install, the 2nd editor I can't seem to make it find your mod to fix those golans. And the empire flies around any space station, not just those.. those have just been the most common. I found a fleet of 2 star forges on one of their planets :P

Ha ha, even though it is not entirely realistic, I like the idea of having the AI actually use space stations. Still, I'll host the correct files for you in a sec.

Use this in your GDATA folder if you are going to be rebel (make a backup of the original, in case you wish to do multiplayer with someone, though):

http://www.mediafire.com/?62wmzrmb8k89058

If empire, go for that one:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4nz1v1lx5eczuzd

Please tell me if that does-it for you ;)

By the way, on my W7 64 bit, I get the same error you mention about the not having a full install. Thing is: my mod is a full install by itself. So I think this is kind of odd... Ah, the magic of 64 bit. Almost as incompatible as a macintosh comuter...

Yup, read your PM, but right now, I don't have time for that.

On the tactical planet question there is 1 good new and 1 bad new.

Bad new is that I wont be working on a saturn-like planet. They are too damn hard to find and work with (selection wise...).

Good new is I have a new asteroid field pic (still need to test-it though...)

So how much planet do you still need to work on before you quit whinning about that, phil?

Well, that depends. Empirically, I still have 5 planets to do and then I'd be done. However, there are some planets I'm not satisfied with and I may yet work on them later, like the Breental V planet, for example.

If the new planet you are working on are so ugly, why would you want to implement them in your mod?

Well, I'm somehow perfectionnist. That is why I find them somewhat ugly. The Rebellion game was not builded to be enhanced like that and its colors are quite limited. Add to that that it just won't accept some colors, because you can't have more than like 16 colors in addition to the original colors, well, it makes-it pretty tough. When you think about-it, 256 colors is a very small number of colors. However, these new planets have a better texture display than the old ones. Also, you will need my planet if you want your tactical game to agree with your encyclopedia and strategic icon.

Another reason: even the Rebellion tactical planets were not perfect.

I think I found a way to make videos, guys, if so, you'll be able to appreciate new features much sooner!

Okay folks, I need a little help to choose between 2 tatooine pictures.

Pic one: http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/v.jpg

Pic two: http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/v2.jpg

So, you've got 1 day to tell me which one you prefer, after what I'll choose myself :P

I prefer the bottom one(minus those black spots up top), has a better texture.

Yeah, I'd have to reduce contrast again lol.

Anyway, I'm done with the tactical planets, so soon, I'll make a second release, methink.

Just you wait till Darth Tex works his magic on system position and then I'll pack the first beta version.

Yup, no more Alpha stage, it is going to be polished enough to go to beta stage.

By the way, I'm currently working on making the stragegy GUI better, so stay tuned. I've got rid of the disturbing animal on the imperial deck and I wanted to identify the officers with a letter of their fonction, though the last thing did not work very well.

Well, I did a movie for you guys. It is not much, but you will be able to look at a sneak-peak. Unfortunately, my sound card do not support recording sound, so I've put 2 songs to fill the void. That would be KorN - Hollow Life and Epica - The Imperial March. Don't like em'? Turn the sound off :P

Anyway's I never uploaded any video to youtube yet, so we'll see how this goes...

Jeez, I forgot to show you the Rebel new fleet icon. Too bad :P

Edit: Dammit, it seems the video will be blocked for German user. Just because I used songs... So I replaced the songs with a Seether Song: Broken. Seems this one is "legal". Damned copyrights! It ain't like I'm trying to sell songs lol!

Major visual work on ships!

I've decided to dedicate quite some time finding better Reference pics for my ships, in order to clean up the last remnant of Reloaded's card style and get more visually appealing ships.

What has been done so far (and going to keep these, I believe):

Death Star

Allegiance SD

Strike Cruiser (took Eville Jedi's card, I think? and applied a nice metal brush on the hood ;) )

Golan III battlestation (Brand new Ency pic, kept the other pics for now...)

Executor class Star Destroyer (not sure about keeping that one though, even though it looks very good...)

Interdictor Cruiser (new encypic, kept the other RR pics)

ISD (Vin Badir's)

Victory SD (brand new card!, mostly by EJ, but I tampered with the ency pic)

Lancer Frigate (Brand New)

Star Forge Station (Major Re-hauling, new ency pic, new description, new tactical pic, my work ;))

Dreadnaught (New ency pic, with new symbols quite nicely integrated!)

MC-40 (New ency pic (RR)--> planet regulation!)

MC-80 (New ency pic (RR)---> planet regulation + enlarge your...)

Assault Frigate (Used Pucho's pictures and ency desc) By the way, does anybody know why Pucho got pissed off and decided to erase half his messages? He did nice cards sometimes, though I generally did not like his backgrounds... too flashy for me!

Frigate Nebulon B-2 (Ency pic. And yup, I know it is a dwarf, but sometimes, Eville Jedi's cards just piss me off, because they feel so rough.)

Frigate Nebulon B (New pics)

Corellian Corvette CR-90 (This is a combination: kept vanilla tactical pic, used Jahled's ency pic and venix's in game pics)

SoroSuub Quasar-fire (Pics from EW and John Meyer)

My vision of 1.5, I like that :wink:

The two planets I mentioned in the vid... Well, one of them is the Saturn-Like planet, which I don't want to work on because my computer have decided to make my task hard when it comes to selecting the ref pics. Since there is an asteroid ring and those can be pretty tough to select, when your computer decide to close the selections you are working so damn hard to make by itself, now and again, it makes you place priorities. Besides, I could not get very good ref pics and the one I liked had an incomplete ring which I had to clone to complete (pretty hard stuff to do, for me). So this one is one of the untouched planet.

Now for the second planet, take a look at the planet lower right corner (dismiss the 2 planets on the upper-right), this planet already existed in Rebellion and did not need that much work to integrate into tactical. I took http://forums.swrebellion.com/viewtopic.php?p=546842#p546842, but basically, it is the same planet as original, so not considered new by itself.

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/Planetpics.jpg

With this down, let's get to my vision of 1.5, or what's left to do.

-Honestly, I would love to get as much feedback on typo's as possible as English is not my first language and there is probably a ton of errors that I could easily correct.

-There is still some GUI work I'd like to do. I need to correct the incomplete letters for the imperial strategy GUI. Maybe I'll take icons from fleet and messages for that.

-Also, I wont to change the colour set of the Alliance GUI, which I don't like.

-I will possibly change the Refinery and Mine icons in industrial window and encyclopedia.

-I still have a few ships icons/descriptions I want to work on.

-The GUI defense rebel trooper needs a proper ref pic.

-I want to play around with a few imperial characters, though this part is almost over.

-Need to change the tactical pic for the clone troopers.

-I want to change a few names here and there.

-I'd like to add a new encyclopedia for Durga the Hutt (by the way, I changed a few things with texstra.dll. If you seek examples of this, look for character "The Twins" and change its rank to give you an idea of what I am doing.)

-Did I mention that you can't have "Admiral Thrawn"? All you can get is "Grand Admiral Thrawn".

-If there's time, maybe I'd like to work on ship burns when all this is over.

-Honestly, I would love to get as much feedback on typo's as possible as English is not my first language and there is probably a ton of errors that I could easily correct.

In line with your desire for typos to be brought to your attention... "wont" should be "want". "Colour" should be "color" if you are going for American English; if you want British English, its fine as is. What version of English are you going for?

What all have you changed, as in, what needs proof-reading? Just Encyclopedia entries, or are there other things as well?

As you are getting closer to completion, and I'm getting more interested in your work, I'll do some testing for you. And proof-reading. Do you want my responses in this thread, or a new one?

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

In line with your desire for typos to be brought to your attention... "wont" should be "want". "Colour" should be "color" if you are going for American English; if you want British English, its fine as is. What version of English are you going for?

What all have you changed, as in, what needs proof-reading? Just Encyclopedia entries, or are there other things as well?

As you are getting closer to completion, and I'm getting more interested in your work, I'll do some testing for you. And proof-reading. Do you want my responses in this thread, or a new one?

Typical. That happens when I start to write something and then forget about-it and speak about something else :P Well, I usually go for American, but hey, whatever, I had written color, then turned the spelling check on and it told me that I should write colour. Figures.

Generally, it is going to be encyclopedia entries, yeah.

And yup, in this thread, that would be fine. Am I close to completion? Well, mostly, but I am tweaking bits there and there. I'm basically waiting for Darth Tex to send-me the new galaxy layout, not to put pressure on anybody :lol:

Mod status: on hold

Well, I am at the end of my session. My university entry depends on-it, so I won't be modding for 3 whole weeks. I'll probably have some time to patch this up afterwards, but for the moment: hiatus ;)

Meh.

-Globalization vs Mondialisation?

-Why do incestual fathers tend to wish a sense of stability, as per description by Askham?

-Social classification of peeps?

I guess a few things :P

Don't worry, when I come back, it will not take a lot of time for y'all to get a beta out, with less bugs, more complete skin/GUI, better ship pics and the such.

Edited by MrPhildevil

I've seen ur video on youtube, posted a comment.

I continue here.

Existing a picture, wich show the whole galaxy when u are fighting with the ships, but need to be imported in the battlefield.

I used it in my TC, u should search it, but sometimes make the game crash if many ships in battle.

I could not resist working on this some more. Made another video to show you what's new.

And I know the Alliance GUI is kind of dark for rebels, but I think-it very hard to make a Rebel bridge. So I took an unused TSL shuttle and grabbed some parts here and there. I also used a Nadjshfel (can't type his name correctly) NR sign (plus a few more from google image) and also, I've been able to scrounge a door for the shuttle to put behind C-3PO. I am aware that C-3PO's animation mess with the floor, but nothing I can do about that and I won't have the Kel'Dor instead. I think a Calamarian would have been nice though, but too bad. Also, I used two textures from Xarwarz and that looks very good there. Also, I used Nadjsfel's rebel ships pictures to make the viewport on the right. I think that looks very good. I made all the buttons myself, even though they look a little bit out of place. Maybe I'll only have icons without the grey screen... I'll see.

Very quick update. Added Antonius's battle pic to get yet another viewport. Then, took one of Canderis's Peragus Asset and replaced the ugly brown stuff used for ressources. I took one of Nadj...'s slicer pic and integrated-it to the GUI. Looks like he's working allright. After that, I used yet another of Xarwarz's texture to make a shelve for the buttons. And because I thought the buttons were rather ugly, I took another Xarwarz texture to make a new button plus I rounded the corners. This looks very nice indeed. Feels like I've succeeded into making something almost entirely new. It certainly looks better than Reloaded's version and I personnally prefer-it over vanilla.

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/InterfaceChange.jpg

I love it! The whole thing is good, and I like your choice of buttons (both for fleet finder, etc, but also for the notifications). My only gripe is the floor- it looks like R2 is floating. The Rebel symbol in the center of the lower display looks like it should be part of the floor and the wall at the same time... doesn't work well. The circle-metal on either sides suffers from the same problem- is it the floor? The wall? Who knows?

I'd remove the symbol and associated panel, then make a distinction between the wall and the floor. If you can move R2 down, hide his legs a bit, that would work as well, but I don't think you can do that. The fleet finder and other buttons look strange in the symbol's background thingy; making the whole "console" one material would be best, or if you want it split, then you need to not split it in the middle of some of the buttons (so each button is completely surrounded by the same color, not half one and half another).

Seriously though, the rest is great. I also like the new symbol for the HQ (I assume that's what the gold is).

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

Well, I've had problem giving the right tilt to the floor, to give-it a depth. Notification is Reloaded's work. Because I don't read Aubresh, it does not help me very much... And yeah, I am aware that the Rebel symbol on the floor does not fit nicely with the grate, but I've got an idea that might help.

Anyway, with the next update (that's already done) there are items such as pilot helmet and blaster on the shelve with the buttons. That should help loads. And as for the gold sign, it is purely aesthetic, not quite Reb HQ ;)