MrPhildevil

Are you interested in my mod  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in my mod

• Yes
    • No
    • Uh? You have a mod?
    • Only some parts are interesting to me
    • Could you please detail your mod a bit more, then I'll know.
    • Uh, is that my work your'e using in your mod?

So I changed a lot of imperial characters. Bad new is I'll have to work on all of these cars to get rid of the blue aura and other problems. I also had to re-adjust a lot of stats, but in the end, it's going to be good. I've changed the Planetary offensive defense (LNR's for N's artilery and turbolasers). Still progressing with the planets. I've finished gathering the descriptions for 2 sectors: Corellian and expansion east. All I have to do is maps to approximate the planet positions and the actual placing. So yup, after these, only 5 sectors remaining. I've almost done 3/4 of the galaxy! Yay!

Some more progress with galactic map:

Corporate sector: 99%

Hapes Cluster: 99%

Kashyyyk Sector: 99%

Yavin sector: 99%

Coruscant sector: 99%

Modell subsector: 99%

Mon Calamari/Centrality: 99%

Hutt Space: 99%

Spice Triangle: 99%

Unknown Regions: 99%

Anoat Sector: 99%

Deep Core: 99%%

Alderaan/Kuat Sector: 99%

Expansion east: 99%

Corellian: 99%

Chommell: 99%

Wild Space: 99%

Pentastar: 99%

BactaSec: 99%

Senex-Juvex-Eriadu: 99%

When I'm done, I'm going to make good re-positionning pics so that Darth Tex may be able to make a better placement and I'll be done with this!

All descriptions are done! All sectors are integrated in game! All that remains is for Darth Tex to modify the position of planets within the sectors.

Edit: Percentages has been adjusted.

-95% means position still need to be adjusted by Darth Tex but I have no ref pic to sent him yet.

-97% means the same, but that I do have the required screenshots to send him, though I'll only send him when I have all of them, to prevent misplacing of some planets in adjacent sectors.

99% will mean that they are sent to Darth Tex

Edited by MrPhildevil

Well I'd say pretty much everything has been changed, though not all the changes were made by me.

First thing you need to know is this mod's base is Star Wars Reloaded, which already modified a lot. The GUI has been changed by their team, although I profundly dislike their alliance version and can't seem to change-it...

There is the intro video which is reloaded's.

Then, I've changed the load screen, but it is rather colored and disformed, so I bet some peeps won't like-it.

I've reworked the fleet windows to something that look way better than vanilla and Reloaded, though no screenshots have been requested by anyone thus far...

As you can see, my main working focus is working on my own version of the galaxy. However, the Characters are being reworked over and over again. A lot of new ones and new pictures for the old ones. There will be no phoney custom characters in my mod, only real actual EU and regular SW characters. The description lenght are quite lenghty too.

Also, all ship models are new ones (not mine) with better textures, altough rebellion's engine limit quality. All vessels have their own cards and I've worked very hard to make the mod balanced.

The planet icons have been worked upon extensively, so there's actually only one old picture left: saturn like planet, it is very hard to put a new one in-game...

Down sides:

-I can't seem to find a way to change the tactical pictures for planets.

-I am not abe to move planets inside the sectors and Coruscant, Yavin and Tatooine are misplaced.

-I still have C'Boath and Thrawn's voice, for Palpy and Vader's voices (annoying, since C'Baoth sound's more like Dooku...).

-Briefing display Wayland for Coruscant and Coruscant for Yavin.

I think that's it for now. Let us not forget that I'll probably have made a lot of spelling mistakes, as english is not my first spoken/written language...

Edit:

-I still have C'Boath and Thrawn's voice, for Palpy and Vader's voices (annoying, since C'Baoth sound's more like Dooku...).

I feel like expanding on this issue. It feels to me like the Reloaded team (no offense to anyone in the team) sekked to involve themselves in the game. Their Plokoon-like advisor bothers because he does not sound loud enough and so does a crap load of sounds you guys did. Honestly, I'll look into just restoring vanilla sounds, I think. That was a good try, but not enough. I'll see.

Where did u find the pictures from this Princeps ?

Would be nice to have such interface in the game.

Ah, search for princeps in this forum, you'll find him for sure. He has like 12 post made. However, his pictures were de-hosted. Fortunately, I did save them in the hope of making the changes myself one day. If you look in my older posts, I managed to make some changes myself earlier. However, I did my own version of the changes he did. It is not the same, but it is near perfect and I can tell you that I'm very satisfied with my results now.

I only did the fleet interface, by the way.

This is one pic of his version:

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/flottenfenster2.jpg

Here's mine:

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/FleetWindowImpfinal.jpg

That one is imperial fleet in movement, which I know, has to be improved...:

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/FleetWindowImpMove.jpg

I did not work on planetary window, but it seems the top of the window is shared with that of the fleet. Litle subtelty: when fleet window is selected, it should be light and dark when unselected. It does not seem to work. I can't get the dark to appear while fleet is not selected, so I inverted them. The dark version is display as a pale one and the light (selected) version appears more clear. There are consequences on the planetary top though, which actually displays selected as dark, because I inverted them. I guess if not pictures, beta testing will speak what I mean more clearly.

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/PlanetPicwip.jpg

There's the rebellion fleet window:

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/FleetWindowReb.jpg

Still need to work on project top though!

So I've been working on this since may 2011. So six month later, the map project is almost done. All that remains is to create the description of 4 systems, and then add 5 sectors in-game. The cherry on the top would be if I could get Darth Tex to make the same wonderful work he did for the Coruscant sector for the whole 20 sectors and it would be amazing!

And of course, there is the matter of tactical pics :P

If anybody followed my progress on this post:

viewtopic.php?p=547187#p547187

Well, you'll know I'm just about done with this whole galaxy work, that I can do, that is. There will still be the matter oof the ref pics, but that can wait.

Meanwhile, I have succeeded in importing a planet in tactical.dll, though I am not happy with-it yet:

Breental viewtopic.php?p=547254#p547254

Not sure I can do anything about that one though.

Also, I've done another: Anoat, and that one is good. Same link will showcase-it. I did a version better taht is not there yet.

As I am nearing my galaxy project completion, I am happy to announce that I will release some modder ressources to whomever will be interested. While I was working on replacing the planets, I took special care to save the encyclopedia entries and add there position on the galactic chart. Sadly, of the 200 planets, I was sometimes lazy and I only saved 113 entries on 200. Still, I think this is a good starting kit for whomever want to start his own galaxy mod. Along with this, I'll release all of my new planets descriptions too. I'll note that I took care to always keep the same distance between the sector name and the system type, in order to keep-it written on one line, when viewing the encyclopedia. This should be true for the 200 planets I have in there.

So that would give you roughly 300 planets to take from, even though I'm sure there will be doubles somewhere.

For the moment, I'd be happy to release these modder ressources on demand, like all the rest.

By the way, thanks to VinBadir for yet more wonderful cards. I'll gladly integrate Durga the Hutt into Rebellion 1.5.

So as promised, I am releasing my planet archive. All planet have an entry in .txt

Origin of texts is:

-Rebellion

-Sansweet's Star Wars Encyclopedia

-The Essential Atlas

-The Essential guide to planets and moons

-Wookiepedia (though they always use the past tense and I had tons of correction to do)

http://www.mediafire.com/?58c27k6cza3983y

So yup, you may have guessed that my releasing this means that I will be releasing an alpha version soon.

Officially, I am done with the galaxy part of the mod, even though I am still working on tactical pictures of the planets.

So I'm going to make a promotional image catalog sometimes to get more peeps to look-out for this mod, if possible...

Until then, I am going to work on hosting this mod somewhere ASAP. Link to the alpha version soon.

The alpha version of the mod is released! The link will not stay for long: 90 days at most, 30 at least, depending on how many peepsdownload-it. It is a whopping 400 MB, but way worth-it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BNR98Q8K

Here's the read-me, by the way:

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

--What this is:

A project like many tried to do, this is a Total Conversion of the Star Wars Rebellion game.

Basically, I took a few ideas, the work of a lot of people and tossed a lot of my work in this too.

A while ago, some people tried to make a major rehaul mod: Star Wars Reloaded. A mod that would change the face of Rebellion. New models, new characters, new artwork, new cards, new planets... but it was not complete. All you have is a promising work with an incomplete feel.

Another person that changed Rebellion is DarthTex, a man that dedicated a lot of time (probably as much as the Reloaded team, if not more...) to remaking the galaxy to his view. He's taught me a lot about modding, knowingly or not. But I still felt his contribution was not the perfect Rebellion for me. As I can tell you mine will not be for you.

An issue I had with Tex's mod was that you had to stick with original Rebellion ressources except for the new galaxy config of his. So I took on myself to base my work on an install Reloaded mod and evolve my own mod from there.

Another modder that inspired me was the mask. This one literally is the father of Rebellion modding. I got most of my ship models from him as do Reloaded mod. Also from him, we have a mod that permitted to make the Character encyclopedia descriptions zillion time longer. Thank you for this, mask!

Of course, my mod would have gone nowhere without RebEd 0.26, Ressource Hacker and Rebellion Model importer.

I have chose to call my Conversion Rebellion I.V. That is latin numbers for 1.5. This cannot pretend to be Rebellion 2, but it is my vision of what can't still be called Rebellion 1.0 or 1.01.

So here's a rough change list

List 1.0:

-New ship models

-New Character Cards

-Galaxy Overhaul: better positions according to the Essential Atlas

-Roughly 100 entirely new planets

-All 200 planet entries have been updated, some more extensively than others. If you wish, you may take Star Wars History Lessons, with this game lol. Though there's little to no Vong mention.

-Cards description space expanded

-Planet descriptions expanded

-New planet icons

-New Planet Ency pics

-3 new tactical planet pics: Breental V, Anoat, Earth type

-New fighter models

-I'm entirely to blame for these character cards: Luke Skywalker, Darth Sidious, Darth Vader, Corran Horn, The Solo Twins, Jorj Car'das, Ysanne Isard and Thrawn.

-New ship Cards: I did the Defender-class Star Destroyer card, the Viscount MC ship and the Starforge card by myself. There are balanced cards for every model and they do fit the model. Several ships are made available to both sides, though they still have exclusivity on some. No death star for the NR.

-New Fighter Cards: VinBadir's Tie Interceptor/Defender are gorgeous!

-New troops: not much changed there yet. General balance improvement. Changed the NR commando to act more like NRI Tactical Squad, trained to foil missions. AT-AT regiment made almost entirely by myself (still use vanilla fleet icon). I must say that this is one very good card, in my opinion!

-New special troops: Clone squad for rebels by me, new bothan spies by nadsjfel.

-New fleet window for NR and GE.

-New top of the window for GE.

-Tweaked Durga the Hutt's tactical pic to have better color. (VinBadir's card) Expanded its ency entry and balanced him (research).

-Added Kirtan Loor entry using najsgej's tarkin card.

*To be continued*

Introduction to credits:

I know how the modder community is sensible to credit. I know everybody want his work to be recognized as his. But my mod is not one of these mod that just steal a lot of ressources and claims them to be mine, like Tim's kotf, or Pikmin's The Sith Lords Restoration Project. I do borrow lot of ressources and I can't say that all that is in this mod is mine. But a lot of the ressources were modified and keeping track of everything is rather complicated. If you see something that is yours, please, by all means, PM me and I'll include your name in the read-me.

However, it has to be noted that if you made a card, probably it has been heavily modified to fit my vision of Rebellion, so that you can't claim the whole thing to be yours anymore (in fact, it is Lucasart's, anyway). By the way, I doubt any cards I did borrow will be like original. I probably will have balanced-it very thoroughly... and loads of time, I had to deal with blue display problems and repaired them. So there is a lot of my work in there...

Credits:

VinBadir - Cards/Pictures

Antonius - Cards/Pictures

najsgej - Cards/Pictures

Slocket - Planets Pictures/Inspiration

The Mask - For all the great models/textures you ever did.

DarthTex - For all the help you gave me to understand modding, for the inspiration your mod were for me and for what you did for the Coruscant Sector. Hope you will help me to make this great stuff galaxy wide, when I'll send you what you need!

*To be continued*

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Well, if you have a 64 bit system, I can't help you. Look for Budious's instructions on the forum: http://www.swrebellion.com/forums/postt3937.html

I did manage to make this work on my x64 system too, but I can't get both my computer to play an mp game.

So, back at installation: if you want to be able to modify the game, because you don't like what I did, well, you'd probably better place these file where the normal game would be installed. That would be this path, while you have to replace the "_Rebellion1.5_Mod_Alphav3" by "Star Wars Rebellion". It should look like this: "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion". Will be different for W7/Vista/XP? 64bits.

But if you merely wish to test this mod, just unzip the game and run rebexe.exe. Make sure you have activated movies, though! To do so, look for the "_Important" folder and run the correct .reg file.

For the next release, I may include the .reb file of RebEd, that you may need to modify stuff in RebEd. I'm not sure you need-it, though. Well, you certainly don't need-it to test the mod, that is for certain!

Edited by MrPhildevil

Gonna get to trying it out in a second. downloaded it yesterday at about 11:30 pm so i didn't get to try it last night.

Will give you my impressions when i've tried it out for a bit.

Gonna get to trying it out in a second. downloaded it yesterday at about 11:30 pm so i didn't get to try it last night.

Will give you my impressions when i've tried it out for a bit.

Sure! Thank you. Keep in mind it is an alpha version ;) there will be bugs and stuff incomplete. If you list the bugs here, I'll be able to correct them better ;)

One of them bugs is that there is a ship that does not have room for troops but comes with some at the beginning of the games anyway. I keep that as an Easter Egg :P

Still have 8 ref pics to do before I send them to DarthTex, if however he is still interested.

I am making a bug list and would love to have testers that help me find some more.

Currently, I have some pictures to rid of blue dots:

Bothans spies

Artilary

Kessel HD strategic Icon has black bar to remove.

Will keep you posted on what is done when I work on this (less and less time due to college...)

Now its 2 ref pics. Yavin sector has been done.

It seems the Kessel HD icon can't be fixed. The black bar doesn't show in my icon bmp. Odd. Can't think of why that would not show in photoshop.

Oh, what I'd give to have a stat counter on this mod...

Hey, sorry i didn't have alot f time to play around with it, so i dnt know anything about the game balance. But i did like the way the game map was set up. I didn't get a good look at all the characters either.