MrPhildevil

Are you interested in my mod  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in my mod

• Yes
    • No
    • Uh? You have a mod?
    • Only some parts are interesting to me
    • Could you please detail your mod a bit more, then I'll know.
    • Uh, is that my work your'e using in your mod?

Maybe we could use her face for Mirax? In any case, my attempts to make her into a card have been half successful. You seem better when it comes to doing the smaller pictures. I'm okay with the Extra pic, but the other ones are not such a joy...

What do you guys think of that one? I think I'll keep-it, unless a lot oppose to-it...

Looks very nice! Can I ask where to get that galaxy background? :P I would like to use your photo in the Rebellion Remake. I would like to use your planet galaxy locations for an initial galaxy. You have and DarthTex had made good progress in fleshing out a decent universe to start playing in.

Of course, you may get my Galaxy pic. I found-it on google image, but had to play with it so it looks more like the Essential Atlas one with symetry and rotations.

I'll make a nice package soon.

My galaxy is about 55% complete, if I'm not mistaken. Not as much as Tex, but there will be no planet from battlestar galactica and else in my version :D

I could send you a very early alpha version of my TC so that you can study placement.

Of course, keep in mind that contrary to DarthTex, I'm not as organized. Tex made a kind of big plan and positioned his sector first. Then he was able to hex edit the positions of the planet within the sectors to different positions than they are now.

If I could do that, I'd be very happy as I could not only get more correct positioning, but also no name cut with the enhanced planet pics. But as I'm very bad at hex edit, here's how I proceed: I basically place the ten original planets on a plan. Then, I make a doted copy of this plan. Afterwards, I place my new planets in their theoretical position. And lastly, I place them in the sector limitations in order for them to have the most correct positions possible. Sometimes, that mean that a planet that is supposed to be up another one will be down that one. But still, I'm mostly happy with the result. If you seek to make this better, I may be able to help you get correct placement. However, most of my "correct" plans have been thrown, because I work on paper, which is faster. So if you want correct placement for say Corporate Sector, ask me to draw a plan which I'll either do on photoshop or with my hand and scan so you can place your planets in this order. Also, since your game will have less limitation than Rebellion, I'd love for you to be able to use the New essential atlas planets to better represent the galaxy, in a more colored way.

Yay, instead of Carnor Jax, you'll get Jorj Car'das, one of the biggest smuggler that ever was, the guy worked with Thrawn and for Sidious... Karrde himself succeeded to Car'das's organisation... If anyone want screenshots, I'll provide!

Thanks for the photo. I have it as a placeholder. :) or the blue Dust Galaxy photo. I will let you adjust it to proper position in the Remake (off to the left the center is). I do say it will be a different aspect ratio 9:16 wise screen than original, so the co-ordinates will be different for the planets. I did the same as you, draw a template on paper over lay on the screen for planets to get the position of the original game. planetPos(X,Y) for 3:4 screen original old monitors ---> 9:16 wide screen *Ratio -->new co-ordinates. The "Essential Atlas" is new from the original game. But I am doing a re-write into C language the code so it is easy for non-programming not to have to put in machine HEX format inside a .DAT file. Instead, read in human read able decimal number from a simple TEXT file.

Oh, almost forgot, please go ahead and send the alpha. 8) I will adjust to 9:16 and show a demo of the planets for a starter. See if it will look OK with the wide screen display.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I have an alpha version, but until all is done, I'll only send-it (by means of PM) to those that request-it. Will send you the link as soon as possible, slocket, though I may have to separate the file in several piece so that I can upload-it...

Until then I have a Request to adress. I would like someone to make me a big description for Coruscant, one that will be longer than Rebellion's original, that doesn't dwell too much on chronology, that isn't going to be using past tense all the time (look at wookieepedia and you'll see what I mean...) and that is more complete. Thank you for anybody that will undertake this. If none, then I'll make-it someday lol.

Another message, another request. Darth Tex, I'd like to get your help on a matter: I would like to redo the entire Coruscant sector layout. I think the planets are just going to look weird unless they are moved into a new arrangement. I know you were able to move your planets however you wished using an exel spreadsheet and an hex editing thing in sector.dat, if memory serves. Well, here's the thing: I would like you to re-organize the Coruscant sector in a new way: I'm going to make a picture of what I want soon, but in the meantime, could you please tell me if you think you'd be able to do-it or would like to at all? Or perhaps would have a way to show me how you did-it so that I could do-it myself? The pic on the right is what I'd like to get.

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/NewPlacement.jpg

Another message, another request. Darth Tex, I'd like to get your help on a matter: I would like to redo the entire Coruscant sector layout. I think the planets are just going to look weird unless they are moved into a new arrangement. I know you were able to move your planets however you wished using an exel spreadsheet and an hex editing thing in sector.dat, if memory serves. Well, here's the thing: I would like you to re-organize the Coruscant sector in a new way: I'm going to make a picture of what I want soon, but in the meantime, could you please tell me if you think you'd be able to do-it or would like to at all? Or perhaps would have a way to show me how you did-it so that I could do-it myself? The pic on the right is what I'd like to get.

Yeah, I can do it. I'll need your SYSTEMSD.DAT file and if you could provide a readable list of all 10 systems that would greatly help (from your picture, mostly the Rebel system names are hard to read due to the color/font). It'll take a couple of iterations to get what you want; and then after you get it, I can "tweak" anything you want "nudged" here or there. :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Does anybody know who did these? I'd be interested in using these ressources, but can't seem to find the reference back... Damn!

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/planetenfenster.jpg

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/flottenfenster2.jpg

Edited by MrPhildevil

Ascending Rebel list (from down to top):

-Anaxes

-Corulag

-Chandrila

-Brentaal IV

Any other planet you'd like to get the name of?

By the way, do you need textstra.dll as well?

http://www.mediafire.com/?qix4bd5a2doxg6m

I only need the SYSTEMSD.DAT file as that has the location coordinates; I just needed to know the (readable) system names so I know which one goes where. I could figure it out without the names, but it would be difficult to explain that "system 123" has a problem, if there are any questions from me.

I remember seeing those cards when they were first posted and thought they looked very cool (and apparently German); I don't remember where I saw them or how long ago, but its been at least 2-3 years ago. :? I think

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Good news and bad news.

Good new is I have basically finished choosing which planets I'm going to use.

Bad news is I have not enough sectors to cover as much as I would like and some system that will be in the same sector might be in reality pretty far from one another.

This is the reason why looking at the encyclopedia page will be the way to get solid info on the sector and system.

I have also worked real hard to get a physical description of system for almost all system so that we know why this planet icon has been used on this precise planet and that one for this one.

I dropped the Gamorr icon and the Kalee icon in favor of the Breental IV icon, which is gorgeous...

In the Corellian System, I have decided that there would be one system for Tralus/Talus/Centrepoint. I will probably call-it Double. Respective entries will be in the one Double encyclopedia entry (please note that the same thing has been done with Kashyyyk/Trandosha).

Now all that's left to do, galaxy wise is to:

-Fill in the descriptions for 50-70 systems. Still waiting on a complete Coruscant entry, if anyone can do-it...

-Save the desc of unused systems.

-Make a plan for each sector and re-organize the planets within-it.

-Find suitable names for said sectors.

-Attribute fiting planet icons to each system.

Secondary:

-Find how the hell do I modify space battle planets.

Does anybody know who did these? I'd be interested by using these ressources, but can't seem to find the reference back... Damn!

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/planetenfenster.jpg

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/flottenfenster2.jpg

Sounds like the graphics where done by Princeps. I tried to PM/e-mail him to no avail as of yet...

Yeah, but I'd still need to put them in game. It depends on what you'd like me to do with these, anyway. For the moment, I'm more focused on getting over with the galaxy layout. As I've said before, all my planets have been chosen. Here's the galaxy rundown:

Corporate sector: 100%

Hapes Cluster: 100%

Kashyyyk Sector: 100%

Yavin sector: 100%

Coruscant sector: 95% (still need the better positionning and the enhanced ency entry)

Modell subsector: 100%

Mon Calamari/Centrality: 100%

Hutt Space: 100%

Spice Triangle: 100%

Unknown Regions: 100%

Anoat Sector: 100%

Deep Core: 100%

Alderaan/Kuat Sector: 100%

Outer Rim South West: 20% (Names+ 10 desc)

North East Chiss: 11% (Names + 1 desc)

Corellian: 30% (names + all desc)

Pentastar: 10% (names)

Galactic South Mid-Rim: 11% (Names +1 desc)

Senex-Juvex-Eriadu: 17% (names + 7 desc)

Expansion east: 20% (names+ 10 desc)

Edited by MrPhildevil

Changed the name of the thread yesterday. Rebellion 1.5 seemed fitting for this mod, as it seeks to enhance-it enough to qualify almost as a new game.

I've been trying to "clone" princeps graphics, while still leaving room for my own art. However, my results have been somewhat disappointing, given I've put hours in it. At, first, I tried to make partly transparent buttons, but there was a bug that made the pattern of the first tile repeat in the next tiles, preventing from seeing the imperial sign. Then I made the band at same height as the buttons, 4 time their wieght and separated the band in 4, to get the required pictures. Then I pasted the stuff. Problem is there seems to be a lack of details in the fourth tile/button and a strange gap between the buttons. I still think it look better than regular buttons, but I guss it is a matter of taste. Also, I'm weak at doing the kind of white effect princeps did to his personal icon, so my icons glow green when selected and when there are no tie's/troops/characters in the ship, the icon is not present, showing a cleaner look with the imperial icon. Nice overall graphic, I think, but I'd like to make-it even better...

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/Unselectedships.jpg

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/Unselectbutpresent.jpg

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/Fleetwindow.jpg

When I think of the hours I put into making this work, I just want to scream against Rebellion's palette ruining-it all! It's not even over yet, what with the rebel still on the todo list...

Changed the name of the thread yesterday. Rebellion 1.5 seemed fitting for this mod, as it seeks to enhance-it enough to qualify almost as a new game.

I've been trying to "clone" princeps graphics, while still leaving room for my own art. However, my results have been somewhat disappointing, given I've put hours in it. At, first, I tried to make partly transparent buttons, but there was a bug that made the pattern of the first tile repeat in the next tiles, preventing from seeing the imperial sign. Then I made the band at same height as the buttons, 4 time their wieght and separated the band in 4, to get the required pictures. Then I pasted the stuff. Problem is there seems to be a lack of details in the fourth tile/button and a strange gap between the buttons. I still think it look better than regular buttons, but I guss it is a matter of taste. Also, I'm weak at doing the kind of white effect princeps did to his personal icon, so my icons glow green when selected and when there are no tie's/troops/characters in the ship, the icon is not present, showing a cleaner look with the imperial icon. Nice overall graphic, I think, but I'd like to make-it even better...

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/Unselectedships.jpg

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/Unselectbutpresent.jpg

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/Rebellion/Fleetwindow.jpg

When I think of the hours I put into making this work, I just want to scream against Rebellion's palette ruining-it all! It's not even over yet, what with the rebel still on the todo list...

I know what you mean man. I was working on a mod in secret (restarted 2x but based around the same premise) for about 4 years. But mine wasn't grafical, was using the in game grafix, and working on changing the diversity of ships in the game, and making the gameplay more starwars like. More canon weapons, stronger shields, weaker hulls, fighters that aren't uber, but still are not weak, SSD that actualy is super (but defeatable). Changing the AI so they wont retreat at the first sign of an even match, to slightly unfair match. (always bothered me, and could never really get working) But the games AI just wouldn't cooperate.

A word of advice if you do go for changing the balance, the AI only really cares about damage per cost. IOW they will go for the cheapest ship that does more damage, rather than durable powerhouses, or balanced ships. They also treat lasers, ion and turbo lasers equally. The only exception is when there are fighters and troops involved. Also be careful of making fighters too cheap, i have had situations where all they do is build fighters, and nothing to carry them.

Finaly, the only way i could really manipulate what the ai did was to make seperate "rebels only" and "empire only" files. Give the ai player (imps in the reb game and vice versa) a discount (10%, and work your way down til they buy it) on the things you want them to buy, and take a few things out of their ship tree. This helps them get ahead of you in research, and keeps the ai from building ships that you don't want them to spam.

Finaly, make a multiplayer version that has things set up normally, and make sure its balanced enough. That way you keep the diversity for the human players to use.

What I wanted the most was to get an AI that would use diversity. It's not too bad so far. Also, realism has been enhanced. For example, if a Victory SD is fully loaded with a full contingent of capital class concussion missiles, It should be able to kill an Imperial class SD. You can see that there are more turbos for the VSD, than ISD, but this is evened out by ion cannons/stronger shields/hull on the ISD. All in all, it is very good. The imperial AI is way more brutal and Palpatine/Darth Vader are much more dangerous to Luke than they used to be. No more capturing both of them simply by sending Luke confronting them. They do deserve their Sith Lord titles and Luke has a lot of bread crumbs to eat to be able to beat them. I managed to do something pretty good for the fleet graphics. If anybody want to see-it, I will show-it to you. If nobody request-it. Whatever, I'll work on-it on my side...

Actually, for the VSD i reduced the number of missile launchers in my calculations, cause normaly the VSD would have 40 missile launchers with only 4 missles each. However in game there is no way to limit them, as they would just count as turbolaser damage. So i switched it around to 4 missile launchers with 40 missles each (technically speaking, using ammo conservatively) that prevented the VSD from being overpowered compared to other ships. otherwise it would be conciderably more powerful than the ISD, and cheaper, hence the AI would spam it to death. (like i sad before, they don't care about hulls or shielding)

Bah, the AI has always been kind of stoopid, anyway. But still, I strongly beleive the AI is smarter with my modifications. And no, the VSD is not overpowered. Alas, I don't think. I'll try to pit one against a rebel ISD sometime...

Anyway, I don't feel like justifying how I think balance should be. This mod is my vision of Star Wars Rebellion. I personally read over 80 star wars book, both in french and in english, several time for some of them. I already made a lot of research on ships and I know my balance. I think I have done a good job of adapting-it and I'm happy with the result so far.

When I'll release my mod, either you'll download-it because you think it brings something new to rebellion, or you wont. And if you do, you may still disagree with how I did things, and nothing will stop you from making a whole different balancing of stuff. Good for you, if you do. Until then, balance is but a minor subject for the moment, alas not one relevant to make the mod progress. Believe-me, I've tested-it many times, and the AI is not anymore dumb than it already was, if not smarter. If you try to put the game on fast foward, you'll be sabotaged all over and probably be killed soon.

Until then, feel free to comment any other aspect of the mod ;) preferably the ones I'm currently working with...

I wasn't criticising you mate. I was just saying, the way i balanced my mod, putting a number to each gun type, the numbers on the VSD didn't add up, having 40 missile launchers that could fire infinitely was too much in terms of damage. Originally i was just sympathising with you, as i know rebellion is ridged and not very easy to get to do what you want it to do.

When you do release you're mod, i will be among the first to download it, i assure you. :)