OFFICIAL: Gameplay Questions

Bioshadow

That's the total you have at the moment (its 250k atm I believe) until mark raises the cap. Just keep in mind that if it is raised, the ships you have at the moment still count towards the total amount allocated.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After following Kobra's sheet, I tried out BWINGs...and they suck....I used them to engage some enemy cap ships and they just got blasted out of the sky without doing much. Now my question is, what determines a fighter being hit by weapon fire? I assume part of it will be size, speed and turn rate, but which ones are the most important ones for attacking cap ships, and which ones for dogfighting?

yeah all of that,

size of fighter

speed and turn ability

plus the speed and turn ability of the shooter

my opinion is that they all play a significant role.  How much, no clue, but game experience will determine that.

Couple of quick questions - relevant because I'm in the battle sector.

1) Do ships have a sensor range or will any other ship in the sector appear on screen?

2) Anyone happen to be in the battle sector right now? There's an assault frigate, 3 gunships and about 90 TDs patrolling towards the centre, and they're justing asking to be killed! (yes, they're mine).

Whats the conditions required to be able to load missiles and torps onto fighters. Like do the ships themselfs need to salvage missiles from wreck or is it done from something else they can salvage as well?

It can't load it? I haven't heard of that problem before - the only thing that could happen is that it takes ages to load up the list of units when you mouseover the sector and you've detected a lot (this also happens when you mouseover a stack of units on the sector view)

As for a fight Dojo, just find any other player. Having a few ships scout does help though.

any ship with cargo capacity can salvage.

so you would most likely salvage with a big ship, then land fighters on it, and they would fill up their mags.

if the big ship does not have the ability to house fighters, then use a TRANSFER GOODS order to move the supplies from the ship that has the salvage stuff on it to another ship that has cargo capacity AND can house fighters.

over the turn end the fighters will fill their mags from the motherships stores

Figured it out. I had to replace the files on the desktop -  For some BIZARRE reason, I have to have a copy of all the files unzipped on the desktop, but I load up from the .bat INSIDE the zip folder. Every other combination I've tried doesn't work. Truly strange.

the give order to onboard craft dose not work

I dont see a problem with this.  Please make sure that you select the onboard craft you want to give orders to first. 

(there is a little '-' to the left of the ships.  you have to click that to make it an 'X')

Steve, I logged into the GUI as you, clicked on your CC9600, then clicked on onboard craft.

On the next page I was able to click on either the dash to the left of either on of the "TD New TD" onboard or even click on the dash in the title row, both times, the X's appeared just fine.  Then I clicked on "Give Orders to Selected Onboard Craft" and it worked fine.

Is it possible you are not clicking right on the dash.

If you hover your mouse over the dash this should show up under the map in the status line "onboard&selected=12733563234807"

here is a screenshot.  you should click where the red box is

http://galsim.nickersonm.com/gs_select_onboard.bmp

Geez, it's amazing what can happen when work keeps you away from a computer for a few days. I appear to have missed some momentous changes - namely the addition of fuel. I am now the proud owner of 90 TDs with no gas......

With only 1 assault frigate and 3 heavy gunships around, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I would go about refueling all of them, since they can't go anywhere?