Grand Admirals.

Jahled

Ok I looked and did not find the data. I went to the source "Force.net timeline" and it is down for reconstruction. I beleave I was mistaken though. I think it was 3 years befor EP1 The time lines I look at all contradict and get crazy. I have been working on a General timeline for Thrawn and Zahn and Lucas' timelines dont match. Ooohhhh the headaches I have endured.

Yes, the biggest problem in timelines has been the Zahn/Lucas situation where LucasFilm didn't give Zahn an specs on the timeline and so Zahn made it up, just to have Lucas change/mess things up with the prequels. :roll: One way or another, the grand admiral rank did not exist until the Galactic Empire was formed (not even during the time of the late Old Republic), just like the rank of grand admiral didn't exist in Germany until the Nazi Imperium. Which brings me to another point:

If one wished to find a real-life comparison to the Galactic Empire's ranks, then it would most closely have to be those of Nazi Germany. I think I wrote that sentence with incorrect grammar (like this one), but I think I got my point across...right?...

Nazi Germany and Galactic Empire have lots of parallels, not just the military hierarchy. Just like the Old REpublic has lots of similarities to the Weimarer Republik, (the German government between WWI and WWII)...

The Lucas/Zahn situation is a big problem, most of the reference in the Zahn books can't be used in the newer timeline (although it makes more sense at some points, at some other it doesn't)...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane
Well, for instance, if I'm not mistaken, they both incorporate a triumvirate, they both have emperors... Moreover, the Nazi regime drew heavily on Roman culture...

Well, for instance, if I'm not mistaken, they both incorporate a triumvirate, they both have emperors... Moreover, the Nazi regime drew heavily on Roman culture...
Interesting. Point....
The Nazi Regime drew heavily on the Faschist Italian Regime' date=' that drew heavily on it glorious ancestors: The Roman Empire...[/quote']...taken. :)

Well we have our little triumvirate: You, SOCL and myself... Our Emperors, Emperor Evaders, Emperor Elvis and Imperator of BEAK SOCL.

And we have our little half-crazy community...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Yeah, we're all thoroughly insane!!! :lol: Bwah hah hah hah!!! :lol:

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

says the guy obsessed with mutilating his Vong body!

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away