Grand Admirals.

Jahled

I need information on the Empire's Grand Admirals. Any links, pictures, and such stuff would be greatly appreciated.

I have a little card project in my head you see....

Thankiness guys!! :)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Your right those couple of links are broken, but I found one in another section. This one is of the traitor Zaarin from the TIE Fighter game...

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/cg/tie/Zaarin.gif

I suspect one of the broken links is a picture of the old guy sitting down the way next to Motti's side of the conference table on the first Death Star. He appears to be wearing the white uniform of a Grand Admiral.

I don't think much else was documented in the novels about who any of the others were besides Thrawn.

Come to think of it Zaarin might be a great choice for a card, but I suppose he'd have to have a loyalty of 0 and traitors turned on in Rebed :D

That one picture isn't too bad, but you might have to use some wizardry to cut out the back of that other dude's head.

Thankiness R2! Someone has already used that image, and no amount of photoshop woo har is going to get much out of it! :(

Someone a while back mentioned something about detailing the Grand Admirals; is there any information out there concerning who they were, images?

look here for the info you want.

Woo!

Well now! Very pleased to meet you Admiral Reshmar. :) I think I corrected your url link, and it looks like just what I was after. Welcome to the site, and this Jahled WOO is for you sir, you have provided the information I was exactly after!

Thank you. :)

Those pictures at the link you supplied, Trej, are pretty funny. I especially like Batch's...he looks like a mob boss (and his first name, Martio, sounds Italian).

Ah, yes, Grand Godfather Martio Batch....

or

Godfather Admiral Martio Batch....

Guest Scathane
Those pictures at the link you supplied, Trej, are pretty funny. I especially like Batch's...he looks like a mob boss (and his first name, Martio, sounds Italian).

Ah, yes, Grand Godfather Martio Batch....

or

Godfather Admiral Martio Batch....

Indeed... That Osvald Teshik character looks rather menacing by the way... And Rufaan Tigellinus lokks a bit like Elvis Presley... He lives after all!!! :lol:

The link that Reshmar supplied has about everything I got about the Grand Admirals and I don't think there's more in it in TFN's CUSWE (I mailed you that link a week or so ago). Good work, Adm. Reshmar and welcome to swr.com from me as well :D

I don't remeber right now who that guy on DS 1 was and what rank he had, but I do remember that he was killed when it blew up. So using him would maybe screw up your timeline, Jahled.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

That guy on DS 1 is no Grand Admiral, he wears a grey uniform, and his rank is Commodore if I remember correcly. He is just lower ranked.
I think you're referring to Colonel Wullf Yularen, an ISD officer aboard the first Death Star seen in the infamous Conference Room scene. If you aren't referring to him (since everyone else is wearing a grey uniform :roll: )...well, um...then who?

good grief guys, can someone clear up all this Moff business here while we're at it? :?
Goodness, you guys didn't waste any time and inreviving the BEAK Imperium and its Grand Imperator, did you? All right.... :twisted:

Okay, the three moff ranks are truly military ranks, persay (sp?). You see, Moff was like the ranks of proconsul, consul, and dictator in the Roman Republic [the latter not to be confused with the Caesar-ian dictator(s) and the emperors]. They (though most certainly not all) were appointed as temporary political and military to solve a crisis. So, in reality, moff ranks are (or at least were meant) to be temporary commands. Now, the interesting thing about these ranks is that they do not fall into the military hierarchy, but have insignia that does.

Confused yet? :twisted:

Okay, well, lets start. Suppose a Sector of space is in a time of crisis, a rebellion, for example. Well, in that case the Emperor can choose to appoint a Moff to be the governor of that Sector and can grant him political and/or military power(s). So, suppose the crisis is only a political one, well, then those powers needed are granted and the Moff has as much authority as the Emperor grants him. Usually, political-power Moffs have almost dictorial powers over the Sector, but no direct military power/command. Suppose the crisis is a military one (like an armed revolt/rebellion), then a Moff with military powers is appointed for the Region. Generally a commander Moff is put above the ranks of High Admiral/Surface Marshal/High Marshal so that he may command the whole of the Sector's armed forces, but at times they may be put below a commander who is already in place (though this never truly happened). The final Moff is what I call the Consular Moff, or a Moff with both political and military powers. These Moffs have absolute command of a Region, over both military and politics. All regular Moffs, though, never had powers above that of a Grand Admiral/Grand General.

A higher class of moff is that of Grand Moff. This type of moff is granted power in a crisis over an Oversector, which is any region of space larger than a Sector. These problems were mostly Intersector crisises (sp?). Grand Moffs also came in three sub-classes: Political, Commander, and Consular.

The last, lesser known, and highest class of moff is that of Supreme Moff, a rank never known to have been appointed, but was possible. This type of moff was an exception to the others (additionally, not much is known about it). Supreme Moff(s) may have had any sort of power they were granted and maybe even of the same status of a Grand Admiral (or higher). They were probably a civilian achievable equavalent of Grand Admiral.

A few more details about moffs. Moffs of all classes could be either civilian or military. What do I mean by that? Well, take Moff Disra (Specter of the Past, Vision of the Future) for example, he was a Moff appointed to the position, but he had no military expierence, instead he was a civilian. Now, turn to the Moff in Return of the Jedi, he was a military officer appointed to be a Moff. The way you can tell the difference is in the verbal address. Disra was always addressed as "Your Excellency", a civilian reference. The Moff in ROTJ, on the other hand, was referred to as "Commander", a military reference.

Concerning the military officers. The highest rank officers could achieve was that of High Admiral/Surface Marshal/High Marshal, after a higher rank/position (such as Moff, Grand Moff, Supreme Moff, and Grand Admiral) required an Emperor appointment. This in no way means, though, that one had to be of the rank of High Admiral/Surface Marshal/High Marshal to be appointed to Moff/Grand Moff/Supreme Moff/Grand Admiral. Many examples are known of lower officers getting promoted above the superiors.

To be quite frank, the moff situation (as confusing as it may be) is actually rather simple, but I am explain things in such a way that make it rather confusing (i.e. why I am the Grand Imperator of BEAK). The case varries and any other questions or confusion you have, feel free to ask: I am more than willing to answer. Please, if you don't understand something, though, don't asume: ask! This way we may prevent a confrontation/arguement.

Don´t know if this is helpful...but the Star Wars CCG (collectible card game) has made a card for virtually every character that appears in the first three movies (and probably the new ones too). This might be way to learn the name and rank of the "old guy" mentioned above. I´ll go check my collection later and see what I can come up with.

Incidentally that´s where I read the name BoShek for the first time. I choose it for a nick on this board, because I thought it wasn´t really well known. Shows what I know... :oops:

Here goes nothing! - Lando

This might be way to learn the name and rank of the "old guy" mentioned above.
I already said his name and rank. His name is Wullf Yularen and he is a colonel in the Imperial Security Bureau (ISB). I typed it in five posts ago. :x

Yes, do find out of the geezer was wearing white and if they say he's a Grand Admiral.
:?:x Okay, he is not a grand admiral, he is a COLONEL in the ISB. And he is not wearing white, he is wearing an ISB uniform that is a light grey.

If he was wearing white that means my TV is shit
No, it means no one reads my posts. :x