rebellion

bigpoppapump

Tk421...you're figure is from the force.net tech commentry on Death Stars, which is'nt varified. I think a figure of thirty odd million personnel on one battle station is a little unrealistic....think of the logistics involved! How do a million crew members take shore-leave for god's sake. The Death Star would be the most popular damn economy-boost in the galaxy. Think of it like this:

Hapless aide: 'President Rumblebum! The Death Star has just entered our system!'

President Rumblebum: 'God damn it! I suppose they'll be wanting supplies for 31 million men.'

Hapless aide: 'Yes sir, they do. But the good new is that they're staying for two weeks, and 31 miilion men will be wanting shore-leave....AND THEY'VE JUST BEEN PAID!!!'

President: 'Excellent! All things considered, that's just paid off our system's national debt, and for the next decade!'

Meanwhile, on board the Death Star:

Commander Jahled: 'Emmm....well, well Darth Vaper, it seems this fully operational battle station is doing more for the Empire's popularity than old Emperor throat-cancer has achieved with his Stormtroopers! Our communications centre are being flooded by requests for us to visit their systems to offer our 31 million crew their hospitality! When exactly is the next pay day?'

Darth Vaper: 'The allure of a holiday resort is insignificant to the power of the force!'

...etc, yawn....burp. 8O

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:!::!: Great story Commander Jahred! :D

I think, in this case, we could use some technology from STrek, like the ultimate replicator system. What you eat, is what you leave behind. :wink: The Death Star is a terrific, big, nice looking 'thing', but don't analyse it, cuz it's not really realistic.

And what about the stormtrooperz, and sullustan regiments in the game?

One unit must consist of atleast 1 million soldiers. So six million soldiers, could garrison a whole planet. I had the AI. placed 72 units on his planet in my last save... 8O That makes...than...so when we add....ah...uh..bit crowdy

Yea, I think our conclusion is that we sometimes have to remind ourselves it's a fairy-tale at the end of the day (be it a dam good one!), and analyzing the technical data is a slightly misleading path.... The one good analysis the technical commentries at theforce.net did was the effect of the second death star's explosion over Endor (complete obliteration of the forest moon & the extermination of the ewoks as a species....). How exactly do you build a battle station the size of a small moon without screwing up the gravity on the planet you're building it over.....and every planet you subsequently visit? Given space is full of bits of rock whirling around, what's the effect of all this bombardment on the Death Star's hull, or even capital ships like Star Destroyers? It is my sad conclusion to report that George Lucas MADE IT ALL UP! I'm as devestated as you are. I secretly hoped Tarkin was going to suddenly turn up and reveal the presance of the rebel base in Guatemala....I was so hoping to meet Leia. My dreams dashed- :(

It's snowing.

Wimper...sniff...

Nah, the Rebel base is wherever I logon!!! Most commentaries put the DS I's crew at 1 million, there was a whole thing in one of the novels about Luke suddenly realising he was responsible for the deaths of a million people in just one shot. I think it was the book where he searched for his mum. Black Fleet Crisis?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Luke sure needed a personal psychologist on those hard days.

Alderaan...

Beutiful death. You lay your head on the pillow, and next day you are part of an asteroid field. Very exclusive style... :cry:

When my time comes, I wish to get blown up by a Death Star too! :twisted:

...What a strange desire, Mr La Forge! Well, i've got a quick fast track solution for you! Move to the States, register to vote, and tick 'Bush.'

He seems very eager to nudge the world into implosion....

Point taken! It's hard to ignore serious developments like British Cops being murdered by terrorists during anti-terrorist raids this side of the pond. We live in dangerous times, brother. Edited by Jahled

spooky....say, my company does a lot of work for the Reuters News Agency, and we've had a job in this afternoon hauling boxes of 'Reuters Emergancy bags,' off to the gulf. They're full of chemical/ biological suits for their journalists. I went over to ITN myself to help the van driver load them. Seeing them for real sort of brought home the reality of the world at the moment...