Re: PFF - Evolution

Cain

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries, the offer stands as long as you guys need.

@Cain - I have added you to the admin group. So if you guys decide to join us as a team (individuals and other projects are always welcome) you will already be in the communication fold so to speak. The way I run the community is that all project leaders are part of the admin team and have an active voice in its operations.

"The greatest pain a man can suffer is to have knowledge of much, and power over nothing" - Herodotus

Ok Spartan. I will try to contact all the boys and come up with a plan. Till then we need to restructurate the forum and let people know that we may get a new host since we expand also out of our usual SW realm and become more diverse.

Do you guys have a forum skinner? We badly need some art. Also we will prefer to be hosted than to merge since I personally want to expand on different other games and a more gammer approach than modder one. Even if we have a good modding base here - we don't control it nor do we influence it... so our approch is as I said more generalistic to gaming. We are in the end just a group of internet friends.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

I just hope the change attracts more attention... :-[

Rather then making less...

Yeah that's my concern and why I vote against another move. (if that's indeed what is being proposed...I'm not quite sure) Every time the forums are changed, we lose good people. Longtime people who never return. Btw....I think we should have a PFF Hall of Fame.  ;D

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

Well I wouldn't recommand a moving since we moved twice and then had a database issue. Well we could use that other one for media use?  ??? I donno just a thought.

Yeah that's my concern and why I vote against another move. (if that's indeed what is being proposed...I'm not quite sure) Every time the forums are changed, we lose good people. Longtime people who never return. Btw....I think we should have a PFF Hall of Fame.  ;D

PFF is too awsome of a forum for me to leave...

And like what DTH was trying to say, is this your talking about a move or an edit?

"The leading cause of death among fashion models is falling through street grates" - Dave Barry.

i think it was mainly an edit. but because of some of the things that need to be done which you cant do on SMF ie. mass moves.

but i dont think we will move again...

wait 2 moves already what was the first one?

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i276/At-At_controller/leetspeak4cz1jr.gif

We moved from Forumer to some weird backed up forum which kept logging people out constantly and so many hassles that we moved here. When? I can't remember but we've been around since a year before EAW released (May) or maybe a week before I joined  ??? Me and Fosh constantly spamming PFF and thats why my post is in the 3000 and him being the EAW community crazy person  ::) Yes but crazy in a "I don't know what meaning" kind of crazy. Maybe Fosh has a better memory or JediIgor knows the exact dates?

Yeah you guys would have your own forums and sub forums not an issue and yes we do our own skins for different groups. We can even look at merging databases however I'm sure that will work well but we can try. 

If Cain gives me back admin status I can do a backup of your forums again and try to merge things however it will likely take many hours and I dont want to try it unless you guys are 100%.

Regarding the domain, everything is paid for in advanced for two years at a time so I can assure you there would be no more "moves". Moreover since the greater community supports many different games there would be no need even if your interests changed. 

"The greatest pain a man can suffer is to have knowledge of much, and power over nothing" - Herodotus

Yeah you guys would have your own forums and sub forums not an issue and yes we do our own skins for different groups. We can even look at merging databases however I'm sure that will work well but we can try. 

If Cain gives me back admin status I can do a backup of your forums again and try to merge things however it will likely take many hours and I dont want to try it unless you guys are 100%.

Regarding the domain, everything is paid for in advanced for two years at a time so I can assure you there would be no more "moves". Moreover since the greater community supports many different games there would be no need even if your interests changed. 

that sounds good... 8)

"The leading cause of death among fashion models is falling through street grates" - Dave Barry.

We moved from Forumer to some weird backed up forum which kept logging people out constantly and so many hassles that we moved here. When? I can't remember but we've been around since a year before EAW released (May) or maybe a week before I joined  ??? Me and Fosh constantly spamming PFF and thats why my post is in the 3000 and him being the EAW community crazy person  ::) Yes but crazy in a "I don't know what meaning" kind of crazy. Maybe Fosh has a better memory or JediIgor knows the exact dates?

I can assure you the community will not have strange issues with BS software. I spent over a couple thousand dollars on setting things up and buying the best software on the market for this type of endeavor. Moreover the site is heavily moderated and each community also picks its own. 

PFF started April 05.  The initial team was set around myself, Cain, Ismael, Ghostly, ZeroGravity, Siddus, Stellar Magic, Junker and LittleB.

We have gone through trials and tribu;lations but overall we are stronger for it.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

We need to have an Admin discussion sometime to really debate this offer.

It would indeed expand the scope of the Forums and Site as a whole and would open us up to be a larger community site as a whole...

If we were moving we'd need a better skin for starters.  Maybe moving to IPB 2.2 (Not straight away though- New release= Bug central) or Vbull.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

We already have IPB 2.1x (2.2 coming soon after first patch) and the entire community suite set up and other good stuff. For example, currently we are writing a custom Java based service application for the domain. That and more is all there for the community's exclusive use. You would also still be able to have your council and you and you alone would control your forums. Moreover your leader would be on the overall domain council and that decides the overall community makeup by voting on new projects and services for example.

• SWR Staff - Executive

Title changed to "PFF - Gamers Revolution Forum"

Let me know if you want a full website / domain and we'll see what we can offer

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• SWR Staff - Executive
Suggest one and I'll be happy to implement it (per instructions from the PFF admins)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.