Re: PFF - Evolution

Cain

So ... what do we do next? How should we evolve in the future? Now that PF is up and is acting like the perfect clone - we do need to reshape our identity and give PF a chance.

So let's start thinking about our advantages:

1. We are the unofficial guys and this gives us a lot of freedom it terms of what we can say or do - that’s makes it more fun.

2. We are pure gamers mostly RTS orientated and we can cover what games we like to talk about.

3. We have access to many developers from different games - so we can have access to many new interesting info.

4. We can organize the forums as we wish and like - we have no structure imposed upon us.

5. We have forged our identity - as PFF - and we are known well enough.

6. Our goals were always simple and clear.

Thoughts anyone? - Now its everybody's chance to shape the future of the forum - To ask a rhetoric question: Is this were we fight?

Cheers,

Cain

Edited by Cain

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't let PFF die...I say we spam the offical forums so much that everyone wants to come to PFF!!!

PFF should be more of a gamers site not just focused on EaW, but on all other games too...

"The leading cause of death among fashion models is falling through street grates" - Dave Barry.

We can't let PFF die...I say we spam the offical forums so much that everyone wants to come to PFF!!!

Negative on that.  ;)

PFF should be more of a gamers site not just focused on EaW, but on all other games too...

I agree.  A gamers site with a slight emphasis on Petroglyph games.  Roll on with the P-02 info please!  ;D

- Well i'm trying to do my part with PFFVideo Project and PFF Faction mod  ;D

- We should not spam PF unless you want us to look bad  ::)

- Focus on every game Petroglyph goes on

- Try and get more interesting stuff from this end and expand on it?

How about the new forum's name ... more suggestions anyone? PFF and...

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Cain I like the PFF name as it is. If you want to change something try the memberlist for more active members. Maybe try more activies like actual game events.......oh wait i'm redoing the PFF Clan list to only add active members  ;D.......whos goign ot be the co-host?

PFF stais .... I just want PFF and something ....

Hmm...PFF and Friends?  :P

I think that we need to increase our forums to lots of games, because the official forums, our downed forums, and lack of widespread interest in FoC has hurt the forums. I do my best to keep them alive, but I am just one man. We need more help. We need reinforcements.

I have a proposition for what to do:

1. Let's become more welcoming to other people. Not like we aren't accepting now, but I think we could do a little more to make people feel like they are welcome and so are their opinions. I remember over a year ago when I joined, people would always say "Welcome to the forums(insert name here)! I hope you enjoy your stay!" And when multiple people said it, it made you feel good inside(which hopefully is a good thing)

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

how about the name of this thread for the name. PFF Evolution

I was thinking about something along that line. Maybe PFF Revolution or Petroglyph Fan Forums and Next Generation Gaming(just made that up....if it's already been taken, don't sue me)

We should also have a slogan: Like Carpe Diem. Or something cool.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

we should get those 30 some odd guests who are veiwing the forum to join. But this does need to be expanded quite a bit. and maybe a new color scheme. and we need a new name. I like PFF but it's probably gotta go if we want to expand because now there is an official Petrogylph forum.

Hmmmm, we still have to incorporate some part of Petro into the forums. Remember the forum wouldn't exist if they had not started Petroglyph... ;)

EDIT: OMG how long have the beta forums been up? They are already getting more visitors than we are...

"The leading cause of death among fashion models is falling through street grates" - Dave Barry.

A series of very bad events have cause us to lose a lot of activity and members those being:

The server going down and the Petroglyph Forums coming online. We need to work fast if we are to sustain ourselves and still be an active forum online.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

thats because some people are jumping ship to the new forums while others(like me)get a smaller boat and sail between them.

sail? I just bounce between one and the other...

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/NightshadowDragon/RyuuKageSIG.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/NightshadowDragon/AoSW-JCW_Banner.jpg

I teleport  ;D

Alright, how about we compile a list of new names and vote on the best one...

1. PFF Evolution

2. PFF Evolved

3. PCgamepitstop (PCGPS)

Hey! You forgot the one that I proposed that Cain approved. PFF Revolution. (copyright Dorkthehunter 2006)  ;D

@ Cain: What do you mean by "What else could we find?"

One thing that I am kind of frustrated about is that I have a lot of good ideas for the future of PFF, but I have to either post them in a thread like this or pm them to an administrator. Then they are sent to the Maw to be debated upon. So they are talked about in a forum that I can't even view, or share my opinions on other issues on the forums. I'm not saying for the Maw to be viewable by everyone, but something should be changed...

Edited by Dorkthehunter

PCgamepitstop (PCGPS) ?  :P we need to be a little broader

Petro Power? (like nintendo power) PP (childish snigger)

Petro Pals? (eeww....) PP

Games Rebellion? (lame.........) GR

FPF (freaking petroglyph forum)

Petrolution (oooh, that one is neat)

Pictograph Fan Forums

Petroglyph Rebellion

I'm out of ideas.................  :-\