• Vonda N. McIntyre
    • Michael P. Kube-McDowell
    • Kristine Kathryn Rusch
    • Roger MacBride Allen

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man has a point. So who remembers people like Barbara Hambly and Cathy Tyers, not sure i spelt em right, but what did ya think of them?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I must admit that I enjoyed all of the SW books that I have read, even the ones that were not written very well.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Guest Admiral_Antilles
No, Antilliles... Just get back with your stuffed Ewok... Yub Yub, Nak Nak...

How did you know? I mean.....I don't have one what are you talking about? :wink:

Kathy Tyres did better with Balance Point than what she did with Truce...

Truce... well the Ssi-Ruuk they came out of nowhere and that would hardly be a story I'd put right after Endor...

Hambly.... Boring books... Didn't like her Children of the Jedi... THe whole plot is reduced to a single planet... Roganda Ismarens isn't portraited as a good villian eitehr....

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Admiral_Antilles
No offense to Kathy Tyers, but, I cannot stand her books. They are not "Lively" enough if you will.

Both in Truce and in BP the action was centered in one single planet.... Sometimes it's too unstarwarsly, in the movies, there were different worlds where the action would take place... Zahn in his books took the chars for a spin around the galaxy. Allston and Stackpole took their X-Wing to different corners... Tyres just remains in one planet. Bakura and Duro... Eventually the same scenario gets boring....

Vonda McIntyre did show several worlds of the galaxy but the plot of the Crystal Star was doomed from the beginning with the story of the Empire Reborn... It was to Empire wannabe... And the creature Waru... That's kind of stuff you'd expect in Star Trek not in Star Wars... Another thing in that book was the fact that the kids were introduced as actual characters in the story... They were too young, it is hard to believe that two seven-years old and a 5 year old, regardless of jedi powers, so much stuff accomplish... It's too absurd...

• 2 weeks later...

This is late, but who cares. Trej, the reason the SOCL and Trej wrote thing was reversed some time back was because I decided to add even more confusion to these forums. :wink:

Zahn seems to follow the movie's lead best of all because he seems to run the story in such a way you can actually imagine them as movies.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
You hit that on the money SOCL. I really did feel like it was a movie as I was reading the thrawn trilogy.

NEVER!!!!

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

You must understand that he feels like that because there aren't any Gamorreans in the Zahn books :wink:

But to outdo the classic will be hard, basically because each fan has a different interpretation from the books, and a movie is instead on single interpretation

You must understand that he feels like that because there aren't any Gamorreans in the Zahn books :wink:

But to outdo the classic will be hard, basically because each fan has a different interpretation from the books, and a movie is instead on single interpretation

It has nothing to do with Gammoreasn, I just feel that the original trilogy are the best movies ever, and would be impossible to out do.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
They are, I will admit some of my Favorite movies of all time too. I think a better way to say what I said earlier is that the Zahn books earned the title Star Wars and they would make excellent movies.

I believe the Thrawn trilogy, if made into a movie, could indeed outdo the original. I mean, you have the not-so-popular ANH, though you have the REALLY popular TESB and ROTJ. But then again, the Thrawn trilogy has three books that are all popular. So the original has 2 out of 3, where as the Thrawn has 3 out of 3. One could argue that TESB and ROTJ pull the slack for ANH...but it does not outweigh HTTE, DFR, and TLC. Then again, I probably stand alone on this....